Bupa Employee Reviews in London

Terrible place to work!
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
Micro managing, know-it-all manager with patronising tone on a daily basis. Makes new starters feel inadequate. Some staff are nice, others act like they are above you. Need training on training new staff with warmth and not throw them at the deep end. Awful place to work as hours are long, awful shifts, low pay and its all about being the medical staff PAs.
Fun place
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
Best place to work! staff are friendly management are very kind, company is very supportive. always recommends to work in a friendly environment

amazing place to work!
initially I enjoyed working in this care home.
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
My first year in this position was a great experience, after that as I was moved around it became difficult to deal with.
Although I made my views known to management nothing much was changed and I did not get the job satisfaction that I desired. The hardest part of my job was lack of good staff in a highly demanding unit.
Not a good experience
Peripatetic Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 January 2018
I would personally not recommend working for Bupa as my experience was not a good one. I found the company did not put residents needs first or the needs of their staff and did not feel supported in my role.
Cons
Little flexibility around hours, poor management
productive and good workplace
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  london14 January 2018
a reliable and enjoyable company to work for, professionalism and humanism in daily care for elderly people.
Management highly aware of all parts of the job, trustful and supporting in all activities.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unprofessional and unsafe workplace.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
In the care home that I worked at I found it really unprofessional in all aspects. Members of staff answering their mobiles to take personal calls whilst looking after patients. There was a general "don't care" kind of attitude.
Being the newest member of staff (and youngest) i got no support from fellow carers, and management staff. I found myself asking questions all the time being new, and was made to feel that I was annoying them by asking. On several ocassions I voiced my concerns to them only to be told in a round a bout way to get on with it.
Too many so called managers appearing and disappearing daily, no routine and the staff used to tip ex out shifts they didnt want on the roster and change it to suit them! i hated it here and couldn't wait to leave. It almost put me off of the care profession.
Pros
the residents
Cons
the staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London3 December 2017
- Very vibrant culture
- A lot of support from management
- Enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with
- Hardest part of the job was managing time
Lovely place
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2017
Lovely friendly company.have met some lovely people and enjoyed interacting with patients.it has gave me confidence to better myself in caring for people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wage
Typical British workplace
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
There is a factory mindset in place; punch in and punch out. Little emphasis on staff welfare or advancement, bottom line very much the focus . Blame culture in place. Face has to fit, if not, you are in danger of being removed.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Blame culture
Ok place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
Not too bad of a place to work depends on the management.
Some really nice hom3s for residents.
Very good food choice for residents and workers.
Okay hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Productive at workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2017
I am highly motivated and enthusiastic always willing to learn, work well with others as well as efficiently on my own.I am always up to new and exciting challenges and am looking to expand my knowledge, while also giving my best to my employer
Pros
Training
Fine at first
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London29 August 2017
All was fine on joining this company,until my line manager left and was treated appallingly while working months notice.
I was expected to cover all shifts until a replacement was found.
Despite pleading for a day off,I was ignored.
The result was I was so exhausted that my health deteriorated and the home manager couldn't wait to get rid of me.
I will add that this home has a very high turnover of managers.
But in the end the manager did me a favour by releasing me from this place.
I would never let my loved ones be cared for in this home.
Pros
Good working team
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Pay salaries late !
Dental Care professional (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
They are late in replying emails or not at all! They pay salaries late , if however you don't chase it yourself maybe never get paid. I receive unrelated emails from Bupa for some reasons!
Warm atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 July 2017
Whilst doing my work experience here I felt very valued and appreciated and staff were very kind and willing to help in any situation. I learnt how to use many new systems and I was able to develop lots of new skills which help me in the workplace. Overall I had a wonderful time doing my work experience here, I learned lots of new skills which will help me in the future and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Friendly staff
good work place/educative
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London IG1 2BJ12 July 2017
busy, feeding, doing activities, escorting, learnt how dementia affects the elderly, the importance of equal opportunities and giving clients choice as well as informed consent and treating people as individuals.
Pros
medical and pension schemes
Caring environment,
Hotel Services Manager& Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater London now living in the North East17 June 2017
Managing a team of catering, housekeeping & laundry staff (22). Haccp, coshh, food hygiene trainer, excellent food costing, budget portion management, appraisals and supporting one-2-one, 85% average customer satisfaction survey ongoing, advanced food hygiene certificate.
Great experience
Junior Consultant (MSc Project) (Former Employee) –  London12 May 2017
Great experience working with the team. Came in externally and didn't experience the office culture so much, but coordination between departments to support the project was particularly helpful.
Pros
Great exposure
Great environment, Fun workplace with some career prospects
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2017
Loved the people here and such a fun workplace. Fast paced at times with opportunities for progression and movement around the company.
exciting workplace , helps you look after people
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  manor park , london7 February 2017
A typical day at bupa is taking care of elderly people and making them smile, i've learnt basic IT skills alongside with importance of health. The workers at Bupa are very friendly and also altruistic. the hardest part of the job is maintaining a consistent relationship with patients , i loved working at Bupa carehome because watching elderly people feel satisfied with their health made me happy.
Pros
working with elderly people
Cons
watching the elderly people pass away
Dynamic and exciting company
Personal Assistant to Directors (Former Employee) –  London22 January 2017
I was employed to work for two directors at BUPA Hospitals when it was part of BUPA. This was at a time of the sale of BUPA Hospitals to Spire.

Each day varied and could involve basic tasks such as diary management, booking travel or composing letters. Event and meeting organisation was a large part of the post.

There was an excellent work life balance but if deadlines needed to be met then I was happy to work long hours to meet these deadlines.

I was previously part of the team working on obtaining NHS bids and this involved long hours at times when a bid submission date was near.
Pros
Working at a high level with excellent directors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.