Bupa Employee Reviews in London

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 1,110 reviews
Fun work place & Training available
Admin Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bupa London20 November 2018
Fun place to work.

long hours are tiring but if you like to work with old people and you think its rewarding then the job is for you.

Training is provided through out.

Management is not keen on providing full materials like bed sheets, towels, gloves, etc etc etc.
Staff is extremely friendly.......
Pros
Progressive Training available
Cons
Low pay rates
Great team just not great management
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  London21 October 2018
I enjoyed my time at Bupa and working with a great bunch of people but I don't think management was really interested in the staffs concerns. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a lot on your own and not having any management around to help/ back you.
They also didn't help advance the right people.
I would recommend this work place but only if you are happy to not go anywhere!
Pros
good holiday allowance
Cons
no advancement
Terrible place to work!
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
Micro managing, know-it-all manager with patronising tone on a daily basis. Makes new starters feel inadequate. Some staff are nice, others act like they are above you. Need training on training new staff with warmth and not throw them at the deep end. Awful place to work as hours are long, awful shifts, low pay and its all about being the medical staff PAs.
Very focused on money making.
Receptionist and Administrator (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2018
Managers are far too young and b*tchy. Constantly talk about how poor other centres are and what they have 'achieved'. Poorly managed in terms of customer service and complaints.(passes buck)
behaviour is poor, is suppose to be a 'professional' place of work..all that matters to them is the money made that week. No unity as the pettyness rubs off on other colleagues.
Far too many favourites thats why there is such a high turn over in staff.
Quite stressful and should be titled somethong else other than receptionist due to all the other duties you habe to do for quite poor pay! Esp if you are in the city. Would recommend for experience but very little progression to work your way up.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, petty managers=petty colleagues
Fun place
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
Best place to work! staff are friendly management are very kind, company is very supportive. always recommends to work in a friendly environment

amazing place to work!
initially I enjoyed working in this care home.
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
My first year in this position was a great experience, after that as I was moved around it became difficult to deal with.
Although I made my views known to management nothing much was changed and I did not get the job satisfaction that I desired. The hardest part of my job was lack of good staff in a highly demanding unit.
Not a good experience
Peripatetic Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 January 2018
I would personally not recommend working for Bupa as my experience was not a good one. I found the company did not put residents needs first or the needs of their staff and did not feel supported in my role.
Cons
Little flexibility around hours, poor management
productive and good workplace
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  london14 January 2018
a reliable and enjoyable company to work for, professionalism and humanism in daily care for elderly people.
Management highly aware of all parts of the job, trustful and supporting in all activities.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unprofessional and unsafe workplace.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
In the care home that I worked at I found it really unprofessional in all aspects. Members of staff answering their mobiles to take personal calls whilst looking after patients. There was a general "don't care" kind of attitude.
Being the newest member of staff (and youngest) i got no support from fellow carers, and management staff. I found myself asking questions all the time being new, and was made to feel that I was annoying them by asking. On several ocassions I voiced my concerns to them only to be told in a round a bout way to get on with it.
Too many so called managers appearing and disappearing daily, no routine and the staff used to tip ex out shifts they didnt want on the roster and change it to suit them! i hated it here and couldn't wait to leave. It almost put me off of the care profession.
Pros
the residents
Cons
the staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London3 December 2017
- Very vibrant culture
- A lot of support from management
- Enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with
- Hardest part of the job was managing time
Lovely place
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2017
Lovely friendly company.have met some lovely people and enjoyed interacting with patients.it has gave me confidence to better myself in caring for people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wage
Typical British workplace
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
There is a factory mindset in place; punch in and punch out. Little emphasis on staff welfare or advancement, bottom line very much the focus . Blame culture in place. Face has to fit, if not, you are in danger of being removed.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Blame culture
Ok place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
Not too bad of a place to work depends on the management.
Some really nice hom3s for residents.
Very good food choice for residents and workers.
Okay hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Productive at workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2017
I am highly motivated and enthusiastic always willing to learn, work well with others as well as efficiently on my own.I am always up to new and exciting challenges and am looking to expand my knowledge, while also giving my best to my employer
Pros
Training
Fine at first
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London29 August 2017
All was fine on joining this company,until my line manager left and was treated appallingly while working months notice.
I was expected to cover all shifts until a replacement was found.
Despite pleading for a day off,I was ignored.
The result was I was so exhausted that my health deteriorated and the home manager couldn't wait to get rid of me.
I will add that this home has a very high turnover of managers.
But in the end the manager did me a favour by releasing me from this place.
I would never let my loved ones be cared for in this home.
Pros
Good working team
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Pay salaries late !
Dental Care professional (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
They are late in replying emails or not at all! They pay salaries late , if however you don't chase it yourself maybe never get paid. I receive unrelated emails from Bupa for some reasons!
Warm atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 July 2017
Whilst doing my work experience here I felt very valued and appreciated and staff were very kind and willing to help in any situation. I learnt how to use many new systems and I was able to develop lots of new skills which help me in the workplace. Overall I had a wonderful time doing my work experience here, I learned lots of new skills which will help me in the future and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Friendly staff
good work place/educative
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London IG1 2BJ12 July 2017
busy, feeding, doing activities, escorting, learnt how dementia affects the elderly, the importance of equal opportunities and giving clients choice as well as informed consent and treating people as individuals.
Pros
medical and pension schemes
Caring environment,
Hotel Services Manager& Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater London now living in the North East17 June 2017
Managing a team of catering, housekeeping & laundry staff (22). Haccp, coshh, food hygiene trainer, excellent food costing, budget portion management, appraisals and supporting one-2-one, 85% average customer satisfaction survey ongoing, advanced food hygiene certificate.
Great experience
Junior Consultant (MSc Project) (Former Employee) –  London12 May 2017
Great experience working with the team. Came in externally and didn't experience the office culture so much, but coordination between departments to support the project was particularly helpful.
Pros
Great exposure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.