Bupa Employee Reviews in Brighton

A great place to work with great ethics
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 June 2018
Bupa is a great company to work for, they have a brilliant culture and vision which is delivered from the top down. They install the right values which creates a positive working environment for all.

Whilst my time at Bupa U not only developed hugely as a leader but made some great friends for life

The hardest part of my time at Bupa was being made redundant. It was very hard for me to move on. I still look back at my time as very positive. I would highly recommend Bupa as an employer of choice
Pros
My personal development and growth
Cons
Leaving
Cut throat
Medical claims assessor (Former Employee) –  Brighton20 January 2017
Fast growing corporate company, that wants to be the best medical insurance company
It used to be very supportive of its employees but now is just like a call centre
Pros
Medical care
Bupa global
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 December 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for, the management and coaches are vile dictators who enjoy seeing you fail at any opportunity.
Disgusting place to work I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! do not be persuaded by the salary it is not worth it!!
Pros
Free food once a month
Cons
great company to work for
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Brighton8 November 2015
great company to work for, ethical and great enviroment.

located in centre of brighton with eary access to all surrounding shops and bars
Pruductive workplace
Bank Reconciliation Team member (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG2 October 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management, Able to work a lot from other people. I was only on a temporary position and the work is in process to be moved to Shared Services in Manchester,
Pros
free cakes
Cons
job moved to shared services
An interesting place to work
Dawn Shift Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brighton10 July 2015
I am working on the dawn shift from 22.00-08.00 taking calls from members mainly regarding pre-authorisation of treatment and claims queries.
We also reply to member queries via email.
Pros
Monthly food allowance, great salary
Cons
10 hour shifts and night work
Not people focussed
Insurance Partner Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton16 April 2015
Bupa Global used to be a place where staff were valued. Unfortunately this is no longer the case and most of the staff are unhappy with the way they are being treated since a massive reorganisation resulted in 170 redundancies leaving staff feeling undervalued and uncertain about the future.
Pros
Health Insurance, Gym membership subsidy
Great Company - Stayed 10 years !
Direct Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG26 March 2015
I started at Bupa Global in my mid-twenties and intended to be there for 5 years maximum. I found a real community of people there, that were facing some really complex challenges with delivering high-end healthcare in a global marketplace. I think the fact they have no shareholders made you feel that you were working towards a much worthier cause, as it gave us real freedom of action.
Pros
Great benefits and commission structures
Cons
Poor technology
Bupa Global
Interim Resourcing Partner (Former Employee) –  Brighton9 February 2015
Bupa Global is the international PMI business, within Bupa, generating in excess of £1bn in revenue
providing products and services in 190 countries for globally minded people who want the most
Premium coverage.

Interim Resourcing Partner – Corporate Functions, Greater China & Middle East
 Utilise a rich channel mix including direct sourcing and head hunting to attract, engage and source the best talent for Bupa Global in the UK, Greater China (Hong Kong, Beijing & Shanghai) and the Middle East (Dubai & Cairo)
 Work with People Directors and People Partners on Identifying & engaging with the business to recommend consistent use of channel mix options and design and deliver a reporting tool to assess suitability taking into account cost, quality, time and talent pooling of candidates on a campaign by campaign basis.
 Deliver a superior client and candidate experience
 Take Project Lead in assisting with the implementation, testing & rolling out of a new Applicant Tracking System (Tribepad)
Bupa Global
Digital Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton28 January 2015
Dynamic and intense place to work with lots of drive to push the business forwards. Difficult to get agreement between people due to differing objectives and pressures due to severe staff reductions.
Pros
Good location with easy access to city centre
Cons
Poor parking, lots of in politics
A fun busy workpplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG11 January 2015
I enjoy my job role but find the hours to be unsociable. Its a clean professional environment.
Pros
free meals
Process Improvement, Engagement and Communication
Service Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton25 November 2014
• Maintains and develops the Best Practice Procedures/processes, covering the design, development and training of new procedures.
• Engaging and inspiring people with the deployment of the People Engagement Plan.
• Implementing and managing the delivery of events and incentives, managing feedback and improvement forums, to recognise and reward people for high performance and initiative.
• Responsible for driving improvements, influencing the agenda whilst meeting the priorities within the global Continuous Improvement Team.
• Consideration of Net Promoter Impact when implementing change, to measure customer satisfaction.
• First point of contact for all change programmes, working with the coaching teams to ensure people are equipped in the best way possible to deliver a world class service.
• Designs and delivers communications on business updates, new products, policies, promotions and procedures.
• Demonstrating judgement and decision making to balance the needs of customers and teams, against policy and process.
Friendly call centre
Customer Service Advisor/Resolution Agent (Current Employee) –  Brighton25 November 2014
Bupa Global is a call centre that services member's medical insurance enquiries and needs worldwide.
Academy Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Bupa Global, Brighton6 October 2014
I started as a Customer Service Advisor 9 years ago and progressed after 3 years to a Team Leader of a Customer Service team then moved to managing the resolutions team and now I am managing the academy team which is all the new starters. I am the lead in recruitment for 2 departments, I then on board the staff, train and coach them and get them ready for their teams.
Pros
Private health insurance, pensions
Cons
work extra hours to get work complete
Productive and flexible workplace
Project Co-ordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton30 May 2014
Working at Bupa is fun as well as productive. We all work hard but we also enjoy our time together.

The well being of their staff is important to Bupa, this is seen when you begin to work here.
Pros
Flexible working
poor work pay ratio
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG3 May 2014
I worked as a chef manger. I had a team off 12 staff too mange as well as 60 residents too cook for, plus cook for staff any meetings or training going on. Plus write menus do haccap files, do staff reviews, speak to residents and there families. Safe too say you never have enough time
Pros
good manger
Cons
poor wages compare too work load
fun workplace
Service Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton12 March 2014
Bupa International is a great company to work for, in my time there I learnt a lot.
All the work I did there was admin based but the good thing with the team I was in was that I got the chance to get involved in projects within and outside my team.
The team I was in was like a big family where everyone's opinions were heard and everyone got an equal say and the chance to implement changes in processes with there ideas.
Pros
good working inviroment
Cons
low income
local company
Subscriptions Debt Controller (Former Employee) –  brighton23 January 2014
collection of debt by email for members based abroad. Tended to be boring at times as very repetitive.
Pros
close to home
Cons
did not stretch my skill base
Bupa International
Senior Campaign Consultant - (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG4 December 2013
Excellent work life balance, ethics and culture, struggles with pro-active approach.
Exciting, international company
Broker & Provider Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton3 October 2013
Lots of oppurtnuities to get international marketing experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.