Bunzl
Coronavirus update
Information from Bunzl:

Bunzl Employee Reviews

United Kingdom74 reviews
where I use to work management was ok , asking to falow health and safety rules, nice and peaceful environment, good team made by one of manager ( Criss) , money was quite đź‘Ť but not suitable for myself and my demands.
Pros
Good payment (always on time), health and safety
Cons
5days by 7 on 10 h work
delivery driver there and physically and mentally draining job. Management always changing and no loyalty to their employees. Some drivers get loaded up with work and the favourite drivers get hardly anything. They Try to make the job better with benefits which are ok. Never listen to drivers about the planning of routes they always trust a computer systemcomputer
Pros
pension
Cons
Overall an average company which with better management could be a great place to work, Management havent got a clue, just want to sit in office and deal with that side of things, great bunch of people to work with but most staff feel undervalued,No proper organisation, vehicles loaded late in mornings so expected to go out and still do all the drops without getting paid any overtime, when u did get paid any overtime this was at managers discretion and usually would end up with a 3 month wait to get it, blind eye toward tacho rules at times, only pros were not bad hours when u were not kept out, holidays not to bad,
Pros
not bad hours
Cons
better pay
It’s been a while since I worked there. Unfortunately at the time they used banked hours for overtime. So you could work 12 hour shifts which you were told last minute. But you got paid for the contracted 8 hours. I was working crazy hours for 1275 a month. Agency workers were on more money. The overtime worked was banked and meant to be paid at the end of the financial year.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
A lot of travelling , Some of the management were good, usually 8 jobs per day , some overtime, helping out at workshop in main office ,meeting up with other engineers ,for xmas some training given.
Pros
Free use of vans
Cons
BEST PLACE EVER, is the best place i have ever work, not working with them anymore because company move from Kettering to Tamworth in 2014 saddest day of my life. I still miss the great time I was working there.
I worked for this company for 8.5yrs in B.catering as a driver
Management bullying staff

seen it too many times and salary based only paid O/T was only paid once a year at managers discretion and nothing paid if you leave beforethen
Good company to work for. Excellent colleagues with opportunity to progress.
Salary is competitive too. Good location for me as only 5 minutes from my home
Very poor pay it starts ok but before long the runs get longer more and more drops and the management are a joke they sit in the office all day drinking coffee and every thing is the drivers fault think long and hard before you waste your time with this company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bunzl?
Don't expect to finish at your contracted time. Bunzl will make excuses to force you to stay out to complete and managers don't care about health or wellbeing as long as job is being done. Bunzl don't pay overtime properly and most of the time don't pay it at all, you have to give a reason for your overtime claim and if they deem it "not good enough" like you were stuck in traffic they will refuse to pay it. Bunzl do not include breaks or traffic into their routes and if you do get behind the schedule they will blame it on you not being good enough.
Bunzl is a very fast paced environment you have the autonomy to do your job, but the pressure if you fail isn’t something I’ve experienced before. If your successful & your face fits you’ll do very well
Everyone was nice and very helpful, they would take time out of there own job to come and help you when you're a newcomer which I personally found very helpful. The most enjoyable thing about working there and what I've learned the most was driving the forklift, I really enjoyed that as I've never been on a forklift before I found this job.
Fast paced environment with plenty of challenges each day. You need to ensure that you manage your time effectively each day and be able to communicate easily with other departments as this is vital when ensuring satisfaction for your clients.
As a delivery driver it started ok but over time the work load increased plus you have to load your own vehicle when you get back and every one else's all in a eight hours day, they don't pay you for overtime.
Start at 04.30am but still expected to go back out and deliver more goods when you have finished your route.
Long hours.

Zero support from management on any issues you may have.

No attention paid to loading of vehicles by warehouse staff, bad loading, damaged and missing goods.
Management is cruel and pay is no good!!! What more can I say about never go there. If you want a dead end job and life means nothing to you that's the place for you.......
The most miserable time of my life working here. Manager gary did his best to remove me from my job, several disciplinaries later, no joy for him I'm afraid. He didn't realise that I could actually stand up for myself lol. I left when I was ready to leave, not when he was. He basically set me up to try to sack me, turned other drivers and warehouse staff against me and held back bonuses.
Bunzl was a very chilled and layed back environment I was gutted to leave due to personal family issues and would never have a bad word to say about Bunzl.
Pros
Free vending machine
Cons
Health and safety
Absolutely terrible place to work , make you work till you drop with terrible wages , management clueless especially the branch manager , no idea how to run the branch doesn’t know a thing about anything just looks at sales , absolutely clueless .
Pros
not bad hours
Cons
better pay
The only word to sum up this company is POOR . And my advice to anyone is stay away . When you go for a interview you get a load of bull about there is a twelve week training plan in place we’re you so long in the warehouse to learn the products and then so many week paired up on the road with an other driver . Before you go out on your own . The true fact is you get half a morning in the warehouse . The odd day with a driver . And then you are put out on the road on your own . And if you are a class 2 driver they will put you out in a class 2 vehicle on just over the minimum wage even though you are employed as a 7.5t driver . So be very aware of this company . You will be ok if you face fits . But if you take my advice i would not waste your time I would look for a decent company not a bunch of cowboys.

All I can say if you go there good luck to you
Pros
Free drinks and fresh fruit
Cons
Wages, job, and all the lies you get told