Bunzl Greenham Employee Reviews

Great team
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  London17 April 2018
Working for bunzl and the team within my department is most enjoyable. There are lots of enthusiastic team members all who will go out of their way to help each other out to meet both business and personal goals.

There are lots of opportunities and job openings and room to improve if you are ambitious.

The offices are clean and there are spacious break out areas with free drinks machines.

I feel secure in my position working for a plc company.
Pros
Staff discounts, share save, internal training programmes and bunzl group discounts via app for holidays, restaurants, food shopping, gym membership and child care.
Cons
lots of plc rules and policies
Forward thinking
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  West London23 March 2018
Visiting customers with a view to increase profitable business in a consultative manor. To effectively deal with customer issues to a satisfactory resolution. Planning my week making appointments, submitting quotes, attending internal and external meetings, training, report writing.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
Very much enjoyed my time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kenfig, Bridgend12 February 2018
Wish i had got offered a full time job with greenhams to be honest loved my time there but unfortunatly i was with an agency and there wasnt any need for me anymore as the work load died down
Hard workers or increadibly work shy
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Uk31 December 2017
There are plenty of hard workers , making up for the inherent lazy culture of many staff in many positions at most locations. Plenty of own transport yet use fed ex for local deliveries ( drivers decide they must be back by 1pm and dictate what they will do )
Pay is poor and much is expected of you for little or no benefit.
Positive is - things are starting to change, Slowly but until all the problem areas are acknowledged change won’t happen.
Customers and staff are not important really and long servers are treated to worse contracts than new starters. Especially for sick pay. Shocking really.
Share save is good perk- discount isnt as cost prices are inflated so not a good deal.
Pros
Free lunch of toast and teas coffee. Share save
Cons
Career opportunities are a no go, rather employ externally and on better terms
Great people, development and culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Isleworth, Greater London27 December 2017
I enjoy working for Bunzl Greenham due to everyday being different with new challenges. The people are what make the business and the company do try their best to recognise this. They have a great training opportunities with e-learning, they even allow you to up skill in an area that’s not relevant to your role.
Pros
Great people, enviroment, development, e-learning, business.
Cons
Career opportunites as there are few roles and long service within the busienss so little movement.
Great company to work for
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2017
Excellent company to work for.
Great benefits & Friendly staff
Definitely a challenge but we all enjoy one.
Great managers and great atmosphere.. I enjoy it =)
Pros
Treated quite often
Friendly, can do culture, customer focussed
Manager - Support Centre (Current Employee) –  Support Centre, Isleworth14 December 2017
Strong desire to support the customer with lots of hard work behind the scenes to make the impossible possible.

Becoming more progressive with nice balance of large company / FTSE 100 plc backing but still 'family' feeling. Lots & lots of long service which can only be a good sign.

Good company benefits from breakfast & refreshments to retail discounts alongside big company benefits such as pension schemes and Sharesave.
Excellent company with great people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London14 December 2017
Bunzl Greenham is a fast pace business with a customer centric focus, the demand is led by customer needs so is often unpredictable and everyday is different. Very low level management so always comfortable to pick up the phone to a Director for support and guidance. The best element of the job is the people, great teams working collectively to achieve the goals and customer objectives, great customer relationships too. The company benefits of pension, share shave scheme, healthcare and saving on holidays and in retail shops also very positive financially.
Pros
Great people, great company
Cons
Occasionally long hours
Great place to work!
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Isleworth, Head Office2 November 2017
Worked for the company over 11 years
Enjoy the way the company allows me to make decisions
Great development
Can move around Bunzl - different companies

Great team work
Free tea and coffee, even toast!

They work me hard and there are days when i work very long hours, however i enjoy what i do.

Great place with great people.
Pros
Team work and the People
Cons
At times - long Hours
hard and unsafe work for little benefit
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon31 May 2017
poor pay/ poor treatment of staff from top management/ unsafe enviroment/ constant pressure from management whilst they disappear for extented lunch breaks or relax on facebook or surf the internet/ staff told that substantial pay rises are on the way to trick them into pushing their selves to the limit. whats not to love?
Pros
weekends off
Cons
poor pay and treatment from higher management
Interesting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strood22 May 2017
Though they are a big company their training for the job roles required was very under developed and made me personally feel very confused and under valued. Having a split role between sales office and front counter work was at times very over demanding and never really allowed me to sink my teeth into either role.
Not people or customer centric
Employee (Current Employee) –  England15 May 2017
They employ some great people, but don't have any other plan when things get tough other than making wholesale job cuts. Not a people business at all. Fear of doing anything different, despite old adage of "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got". Would never advise anyone with ambition or long term employment expectations to work for them.
Pros
its a job!
Cons
low wages, big expectations, no plan, people are expendable
Great earning experience
Accounts assistant (Former Employee) –  Isleworth17 August 2016
Great experience for my first job working in an office experience.

My day was quite busy processing invoices and paying bills on time as well taking care of general accounts.

The hardest part of the month was coming up to the month end accounts, that was a busy week working with the chief accountant on many tasks.

Most enjoyable part was investigating errors found within the month end accounts. I enjoyed searching through everything and finding the solution to the problem.
Productive,busy, enjoyable
Stock Controller, Key Account Manger (Current Employee) –  London16 May 2016
I work with an enthusiastic experienced team within Bunzl Greenhams busy office environment. Our day consists of taking telephone orders,dealing with customer queries and aiming to achieve daily sales targets set within our own geographical areas. We pride ourselves in giving excellent customer service at all times enjoying our job as we go.
good place to work
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Leeds19 March 2016
On balance Greenhams was a very good place to work lots of banter and friendship hours where good vehicle's where good, routs and drops where well organised
Pros
good hours good managment
Cons
Can be very hectic with a load of drops
we supply personal protective equipment to a variety of different companies
delivey driver (Current Employee) –  crawley west sussex29 June 2015
my typical day starts at 08.00 and I start by doing a check of my vehicle before leaving the depot I the proceed to my first point of delivery and carry on for 4.5 hours I then take a lunch break for an hour then continue with the rest of my deliveries until they are finished it is then back to the depot hand in all paperwork and get the next days tickets and sort them out in order of delivery and then help load my vehicle and the other 4 vehicles that we have ...... the hardest part of my job is traffic jams my co workers are a good bunch of people and I get on with all of them
Pros
discounted goods from the company
Cons
no prospect of advancement
Busy, flowing workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG1 June 2015
Receiving, moving and storing incoming goods
Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and also acceptable quality
Picking orders of tools, protective clothing and other equipment for building companies
Packaging and labelling products before loading them onto trucks and vans to be dispatched.
Welcoming and helping clients who visit the branch
Making sure that all processes are completed on the same day
productive
Service Controller (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG27 January 2015
busy working environment. valuable all round skills in the workplace. very friendly. all round good team. having to adapt to customers demands to get deliveries on a tight schedule. end result with satisfied customer.
Pros
flexible approach
Cons
frustration at not completing deadlines on time.
It was local and a challenging position but always educational
Internal Desk Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenham, ENG26 January 2015
Taking calls, enquiries, providing quotations, complaint resolution.
To prioritise response to various customers to ensure response to emails.
To ensure stock was available or provide eta on Carrier deliveries.
Ensuring Customers got the best response and knew they were cared for and that any issues would be directed to the appropriate areas of the business.
Pros
Good support from suppliers and management
I worked full time as a warehouse assistant, whilst completing my NVQ level 2 in warehousing
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENG9 October 2013
I would start work straight away even if I was in early as it was always busy. I learnt many skills mainly how important health and safety was in the work place. I had to take in deliveries, sort customers orders, pack them and send them out, I used computer skills and had to be efficient in my work.It was very busy in the work area so I had to be aware of my work colleagues, making sure that the areas we worked in were kept tidy and we help each other when needed. it was always rewarding when we had loaded the lorries in time and the orders went out on time.
Pros
always busy, time went very quick