Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies

Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
Good for 6 to 7 years and system changed and then there was no moral in the company everyone felt treated unfairly no compassion for any one if you didn’t do all the hours they wanted they made your life difficult by bullying you out of the job.
Cons
At first the salary sounds good but then you realise that it’s a 45 hour week and come to realise that it means the pay is actually not as great as it would seem of the bat.

Warehouse manager unfortunately allows lazy staff to get away with doing as little as possible but is quick to jump on other staff who work hard deciding enough is enough and following suit.

Most of the staff are friendly enough and while the job isn’t exactly difficult the level of work expected from different members of staff became laughable “well someone has to be the slowest” being the managers response to the massive difference in work being completed by different people.
You get a interview then they say they will contact you with in the week but then they don't bother very poor handling for a company at least when you turn up for a interview you should out of curiosity get a reply
Basically if you were young, with no experience, didnt do anything & suck up to the new manager you were the golden people. The people who did everything were always in the wrong & had to do everything the young inexperience people wasnt doing
Not a nice company. Ruthless. Uncaring. Evil management. Strongly advise never to work for Bunzl. They do not look after their staff. No ethics or morals. If you want to be looked after and paid well then apply for a sales job with a different company - you won’t find a happy career at Bunzl. Happy to rip off customers and employees. Avoid.
A good place to work and always busy. A job I thoroughly enjoyed and worked hard in but felt rewarded by management. A full day consisted of 8 hours which was nice.
Pros
good hours, good environment
Cons
poor pay
Management/senior management are very controlling. HR is corrupt and cannot be trusted. The company do not value its staff or trust its staff to make their own decisions.
No flexibility with work /life balance. If you have Doctors appointment, it will need to be made outside of working hours.

Since the new MD has been appointed there has been a real lack of leadership.

There is also a real lack of progression routes amongst staff and no clear development programmes.
Pros
Job security, staff banter, company shares.
Cons
Poor management, corrupt HR, poor pay, poor systems
I have been working for Bunzl now for just over 3 years. I joined as a Warehouse operative. Picking orders, loading vans. General warehouse work. After around 14 months, an opportunity arouse and i was promoted to the Warehouse Supervisor role. My first real taste in a people managing role. Since then i have gained a further promotion into the Warehouse Managers role. I feel Bunzl put their staff first in terms of looking to promote them if they have the correct capabilities. So if you have the drive and will to better yourself. It is a good company to work for.
Pros
Opportunities to better yourself
Cons
Pay could be slightly better
I love being Part of such a large organisation, I started off doing a bit of everything and with guidance and support I have progressed onto being a territory account manager. The training and perks of working for Bunzl are brilliant, it is a great company to start a career.
I have met and work with some amazing people and we share lots of laughs together.

The hardest part of my job at the moment is keeping on top of all my admin but the best parts of my job are solving problems, helping customers, hunting for new business and earning big money and with plenty of routes for progression.
Pros
shares
Great benefits , Share scheme , Holidays , discounts

Lots of opportunities to learn and progress

They like to promote from within

I really enjoy my work at BCHS
Pros
Share scheme
Cons
Hard work !
Great place to work with lots opportunity if you are happy to relocate.
They really like to promote from within, the only limit is your ambition and drive to succeed.
Gain experience within different job roles so now good when entering the market. However very large company so you are a number n the organisation and this is sometimes overlooked. Management vary I'm each depot so some are very good and some poor depending on where you work
Pros
Large company
Cons
Poor Management
I was working there for about 3 months and the management give you to much work to try and get done and very big Areas to cover which is impossible do get done and warehouse don’t rap the pallets so when you put them on the tail lift all the goods full off the tail lift and then customers start having a go at you for being later and for damage goods. Also most mornings Your lorry isn’t being loaded or picked so you have to help warehouse pick your orders which is the night warehouse staff and day staff job. When you get back from you day on the road you also have split all the deliverys you haven’t got done on to pallets and number them up to the ticket numbers after doing a days work on the road. The transport manager know what stress he puts on the drivers.
Pros
You hardly get a tacho break to try and get your work done
Cons
Very long hours and stressful
Bunzl gave me just over 30 years service which I am very grateful for.
Not many can say that in the modern age!

I always found the branch I worked in at St Albans a pretty happy place because I worked with wonderful people & characters who provided a positive environment to work in.

Bunzl as a company on the whole is a good company to work for. There is the opportunity to join a pension scheme & to buy shares.

I had 2 roles within the company & though I enjoyed my roles, I can't say that I loved the jobs. Maybe that is a personal thing rather than blaming Bunzl.
Pros
Happy Environment
Cons
Long Hours
very good company to work for, very helpful, very commited company and will allow you time for personal, also a good company to work for