Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies Employee Reviews

Weird company to work for, stuck in the 70's
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 November 2018
Management/senior management are very controlling. HR is corrupt and cannot be trusted. The company do not value its staff or trust its staff to make their own decisions.
No flexibility with work /life balance. If you have Doctors appointment, it will need to be made outside of working hours.
Since the new MD has been appointed there has been a real lack of leadership.
There is also a real lack of progression routes amongst staff and no clear development programmes.
Pros
Job security, staff banter, company shares.
Cons
Poor management, corrupt HR, poor pay, poor systems
Look to promote from within
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon3 April 2018
I have been working for Bunzl now for just over 3 years. I joined as a Warehouse operative. Picking orders, loading vans. General warehouse work. After around 14 months, an opportunity arouse and i was promoted to the Warehouse Supervisor role. My first real taste in a people managing role. Since then i have gained a further promotion into the Warehouse Managers role. I feel Bunzl put their staff first in terms of looking to promote them if they have the correct capabilities. So if you have the drive and will to better yourself. It is a good company to work for.
Pros
Opportunities to better yourself
Cons
Pay could be slightly better
Professional and Fun workplace
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire29 March 2018
I love being Part of such a large organisation, I started off doing a bit of everything and with guidance and support I have progressed onto being a territory account manager. The training and perks of working for Bunzl are brilliant, it is a great company to start a career.
I have met and work with some amazing people and we share lots of laughs together.
The hardest part of my job at the moment is keeping on top of all my admin but the best parts of my job are solving problems, helping customers, hunting for new business and earning big money and with plenty of routes for progression.
Pros
shares
Great Team
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 March 2018
Great benefits , Share scheme , Holidays , discounts

Lots of opportunities to learn and progress

They like to promote from within

I really enjoy my work at BCHS
Pros
Share scheme
Cons
Hard work !
Great Company with excellent benifits
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 February 2018
Great place to work with lots opportunity if you are happy to relocate.
They really like to promote from within, the only limit is your ambition and drive to succeed.
Gain experience easily
Customer Service Call Centre Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 January 2018
Gain experience within different job roles so now good when entering the market. However very large company so you are a number n the organisation and this is sometimes overlooked. Management vary I'm each depot so some are very good and some poor depending on where you work
Pros
Large company
Cons
Poor Management
The job is very stressful and I wouldn’t wish anyone to go and work there.
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London19 December 2017
I was working there for about 3 months and the management give you to much work to try and get done and very big Areas to cover which is impossible do get done and warehouse don’t rap the pallets so when you put them on the tail lift all the goods full off the tail lift and then customers start having a go at you for being later and for damage goods. Also most mornings Your lorry isn’t being loaded or picked so you have to help warehouse pick your orders which is the night warehouse staff and day staff job. When you get back from you day on the road you also have split all the deliverys you haven’t got done on to pallets and number them up to the ticket numbers after doing a days work on the road. The transport manager know what stress he puts on the drivers.
Pros
You hardly get a tacho break to try and get your work done
Cons
Very long hours and stressful
Great place to work within a team
Office Supervisor/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire31 July 2017
Bunzl gave me just over 30 years service which I am very grateful for.
Not many can say that in the modern age!
I always found the branch I worked in at St Albans a pretty happy place because I worked with wonderful people & characters who provided a positive environment to work in.
Bunzl as a company on the whole is a good company to work for. There is the opportunity to join a pension scheme & to buy shares.
I had 2 roles within the company & though I enjoyed my roles, I can't say that I loved the jobs. Maybe that is a personal thing rather than blaming Bunzl.
Pros
Happy Environment
Cons
Long Hours
ok
Account Manager/ Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 November 2016
very good company to work for, very helpful, very commited company and will allow you time for personal, also a good company to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies. Our community is ready to answer.

Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies Reviews by Location