BULK HARDWARE LTD Employee Reviews

4.5Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
Huge learning curve
General warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Chippenham18 February 2016
Coming from a retail background, stepping into this role was challenge that i was excited about. Coming into the role with retail skills and people management i was able to pass over my experiences to all teams. Sales dept never tried to add on lines that we had specials on. There was never any stock promoted. New lines pushed out to customers. This introduction gave a new life to this one dept which in turn added sales and increased turnover.

I had basic understanding of the Microsoft office package through self teaching. How little did i know. Being taught again from proficient teacher has given me confidence with this package. From a percentage point of view i have gone from 2% up to at least 50%. There is still much more to learn. Using the in house operating system didn't take long to learn. ASC is a complicated package that we only use about 70% of due to its complexity.

I have a team of many. Sales team of 4. Management team who answer to me directly 7. Pickers and packers 46. 1 handy man.

Learning the 36000 parts we have with the business is a challenge. Top selling lines are easier to remember than the lines we sell smaller quantities of.

Enjoyable. The variety of the role. The not knowing what each day will bring is something i do enjoy about this role.Aas with retail you never know who or what you are going to meet or sell. The introduction of a new customer from meeting to merchandising the lines within their store.

Introducing Amazon to our stock was massive task but has now borne fruit. Moving into the EU market has been a massive undertaking but
  more... enjoyable.  less
Pros
uncertainty of the day
Cons
uncertainty of the future