Buildbase

Buildbase Employee Reviews

United Kingdom102 reviews
Featured review
Buildbase selected this as a representative review
Honest and open work environment. Great management and hierarchy. Good benefits packages and bonus schemes. Good working hours and responsibility in the workplace.
Unsupportive management and pay structure regardless of experience often petty decisions made by upper management the more you do the more they expect often carrying other staff who are paid more and lack your skills and work ethics but it’s ok they show up everyday , great customers who appreciate what you do for them in terms of support advising on goods

knowledge
Pros
Customers
22 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience at Buildbase Bristol. Our management team are always looking to support all members of staff and we are sorry that you feel that you were not supported. It sounds as though as you didn't access some of the great things that we have in place to support and reward our BRILLIANT workforce, for example LifeWorks our 24 hour support hub, Grab, containing amazing discounts at high street stores and online retailers through to our fantastic apprenticeship programmes and awards.
Bias company who only care about big branches during covid 19 outbreak. Rural smaller branches are closed on furlough whilst other staff get work & full wages.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Bias bosses at top end
10 June 2020
Thank you for your review.
When the country first went into lockdown, we took the difficult decision to temporarily close all of our branches, meaning the majority of our employees were furloughed. This was to protect our employees and customers from the spread of the virus.

After considerable debate, we slowly started to open our branches up again, with Bristol and Rushden being our trial branches and we have had a phased opening thereafter, with almost all of our branches now back open now.
I enjoy my job but can be very stressful at times. Some times can be very busy. And you might have to work after your time and you get time back in lu. But apart from that they are one of the better company to work for.
Good job,face paced, wage is ok, manager spot on just higher up is were the problems are but thats like most places but all in all a good place to work
A typical day can be fast paced, or slow depending on the time of day. Management can sometimes not be in touch with the sales staff within branches, when passing instructions/rules.
Some stressful days and some relaxed.
Ordering stock and organising transport loads along with planning stock takes and sales advise given with satisfaction taking from it.

Quite an enjoyable place to work overall.
Unless your a brown noser or a relative of management you will achieve nothing with this company. No help from management as they are never present in the business. That and they generally don't care.
10 March 2020
We are disappointed that you felt the need to leave this review, without any context or constructive information it is difficult to address your concerns. All we can do is confirm that over 60 employees were internally promoted in to management roles alone last year, so we are confident that with the right attitude anyone can enjoy a successful career within Buildbase.
Would not make my worst emermy work there. The management donet care. always gets things wrong. And if there is a problem they do not know how to answer you.
Pros
Get to work outside in the freezing weather. with no wear to go to get away from cold
Cons
just donet bother
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience at Buildbase Spilsby. Our management team are always looking for ways to invest in the employee experience with the manager from Spilsby receiving a fantastic rating in our recent employee engagement survey. We appreciate that the Yard person role involves working outside however, we provide our team with a stylish Buildbase branded uniform, including high vis winter coat.
Yard lads brilliant to work with, management absolutely clueless, couldn't run a bath!! bullies, don't like people having an opinion, would not recommend this company because of poor management.
reasonable hours, depots vary, case of delivery drivers loads are sorted and placed in order of drop...case of drop load job done. Bonus scheme depends on overall deliveries and sale performance throughout company.
To be two faced must be a requirement, loads of back stabbing, most unprofessional place I've worked. they only look after their goldon boy driver who can do what he wants. They have a pigeon faeces problem that they won't deal with and customers and staff have to breath in the toxic fumes. Avoid unless you wanna get a chest infection and get treated like a child
Worst experience I've had at work, the manager took me on to increase sales in they're timber department, but i ended up doing deliveries, cleaning, painting walls floors building displays and making all sorts instead of doing the job i was employed to do!
No different to similar type of job. Same duties as other companies. Usual problems. No particular pros or cons with management or colleagues. Reasonable place to work.
Great company to work for, great team too - work recommend Buildbase to work for to anyone in the industry.
Plenty of opportunity to gain qualifications and move up the career ladder
Dangerous place to work been injured on several occasions ... They don’t care about anything bar themselves and there is no health and safety ... the only time they worry about health and safety is when they come round and inspect the place and that don’t matter because health & safety are good friends with them and they don’t give a monkeys either.... Oh yeah no one in the building is ever wrong
Typical day as a hgv driver involes doing your daily checks including your load because more often than not they have put the wrong materials on you, once you have completed that and got the right materials then it's off to your first delivery of the day. Generally average 8 deliveries a day while this doesn't sound a lot you soon realise most of your day is taken up with incompetent yard staff
and management
27 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry if you didn’t feel that your experience of working with us lived up to your expectations. Judging by the title of your review, it sounds as though as you do recognise some of the great things that we have in place to support and reward our BRILLIANT workforce, for example Grab, containing amazing discounts at high street stores and online retailers through to our fantastic apprenticeship programmes and awards.
Don't believe all you read in advert as there are some late nights for which you do not get paid for.
The management at aberdeen are a joke,no idea about weight distribution on hgv's constantly overloaded,in fact they have no idea on how to manage anything/body.

Late back mondays and weds and treated with contempt.
Busy day, good training. Too many managers! Culture is good with good team mates.
To many chiefs and expecting to do more than just your role. Long hours for low pay. Busy office environment.
Don’t work here manager as not got a clue about transport and don’t believe the lie about late nights I work here for 3 months and finished at 5 one afternoon noon I was sent out at about 3 45 pm after driving the van all day over in Boston I was sent to the other side of Leicester and didn’t get home that night till 7 45 pm you don’t get paid over time . One day I was the only driver in and I had 3 reloads one was from the Syston branch I also had to go do a job for the market Harborough branch so when I rang at 1 45 pm and said I still had two jobs left and still had to take my legally required break a argument erupted about taking breaks so when I stood up for my self they found a excuse to end my probation and leave . They also watch you all the time on the tracker and if you stop for a toilet break or a tacho break they are on the phone asking what you are . Don’t work here unless you are desperate
Pros
Cons
Lot of back stabbing goes on
I am only looking for another job because of the money I love working there all staff are grater to work with Buildbase is a good company to work four