Buildbase Employee Reviews

Sales development manager highgate and new southgate
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2019
As a sales development manager for buildbase, you are not given a ledger, you are expected to mop floors, serve on the counter, make tea, managers do not allow you to compete with the local competitors. If you are not a yes man to the powers to be, your are let go. I was fired basically for complaining I didn't have a ledger to work on. I thought going to work and wanting to work was what companies wanted. Mysteriously I was wrong.
Pros
Cons
No security unless you are a yes man/woman
Best avoided
Sales counter with yard (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire12 March 2019
Do you enjoy being treated like a idiot by management, or dealing with rude impatient entitled customers, or working outside in all conditions with no chance of drying or warming up.do you relish in all the mistakes made in branch being loaded onto your shoulders. Or maybe you like being tossed to one side while kids get all the promotions. If so join this company, if not don't say I didn't warn you.
Joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancashire15 February 2019
Iv worked at Buildbase as driver and the only good thing I can say is its guaranteed pay 7.30 till 5.00. The management don't care about you or how they treat there customers, they promise them its a morning drop knowing its not going to get there till late afternoon and leave you to deal with the customer. They have no understanding of how long it takes to get to jobs unload and get back so they will pester you for how long you will be. That's not even mentioning the amount of times they get addresses wrong or forget to even get one. Asking for any kind of support is impossible they will never back you up you are just a number to them. Its a complete soul destroying place and you would be better of without a job at all.
Pros
its 7.30 till 5.00
Cons
No appreciation. No advancement. terrible management.
Terrible company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire12 February 2019
This company doesn't care about its employees it only cares about making a profit. It promotes young inexperienced people as managers who haven't got a clue. Employees treated differently throughout the company, managers have their favourites and tend to pick on others. Only way of bettering yourself within this company is to kiss managements backside. Promotes that bonuses are available but then tries to get out of paying them. Overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management!!
Great company with a brilliant team
Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 February 2019
Buildbase is a fully engaged and growing company. The senior management give you with confidence and the teams you work with create an enjoyable environment.

The business do a lot of for charity and communities, on a national and local level, which makes you proud to be apart off.

The workforce are looked after well with great benefit schemes including bonus and retailer discounts.

It's a fast paced and ever changing culture which creates an exciting workplace.
enjoyable friendly place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth2 January 2019
it was a varied and enjoyable day. some more challenging then others. the people were friendly and helpful in all aspects of a days work, Hours were perfect
Gone downhill real quick
Yard Operative (Current Employee) –  Derby1 August 2018
Yard staff are NOT looked after they definitely deserve more from what they get. Nicest way possible management have no clue what theyre doing and doesn’t think of the staff what so ever they need more staff and more trucks, yard is a constant mess and that’s not the yard lads/girls fault. They need more staff! Some good workers on the yard although it’s not enough
Fun and exiting workplave
HGV Class 2 Driver hiab (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire11 June 2018
Good staff fun place just no extra potential of earning more than your salary. Very busy environment and plenty of new exiting challanges but just not always enough
over worked
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk30 April 2018
They need more staff to run as a proper business, you are over worked and will not spend on new equipment.it could be a good place to work if they would only listen to there staff.
Pros
money ok
Cons
overworked
Fantastic workplace
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham4 March 2018
Had a long and happy career at this company all employees are really easy to get on with and there is nothing they won't do to help structure is a very big part of life here and plays a fundamental part of work life but rewards are given for hard work and you can aproachmanagement freely .
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Economic restrictions
My work experiance was really good everyone was really friendly
Helper (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire8 February 2018
On my work experience at Jacksons Buildbase it was very fun and enjoyable, Everyone is friendly and kind. I helped out with all the paper work they had to file and sort into order and I also took packages to the main reception.
Very good place off work
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloxwich7 February 2018
Excellent place of work
Very good at putting you up for team work
Helped me pass my forklift test
Build skills to work on your own
In a busy place of work
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shetland17 January 2018
Buildbase was great to work for. The other employees were fantastic and it was easy to have a great laugh with them. A variety of different roles were included in my job title, from customer service to forklift operator to admin work. overall great place to work.
Not a great company.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Not very fair towards all staff. Managers have their favourites. Would not recommend this employer. I found it very hard to put my point across to my manager.
A great place to create a career
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow8 October 2017
Build base harlow is a great company to work for, they offer good full time hours with a great salary, all of the staff are fantastic and hardworking, there is also a great diversity in day to day activities
Pros
many cigarette breaks
Ok
Van Delivery Driver / Yardman (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire27 September 2017
Ok lovely people In the company but the pay for what you do isn’t the best. Ideally for someone just starting out or wanted to gain more knowledge in building sector
Great Place to work
Branch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire31 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for Buildbase, they are a very straight forward company and what you see is what you get.
I have fun at work and don't dread coming in each morning.
I always know where I stand with management and there is a big 'family' feel about the company.
Pros
Klix Vending Machine
Cons
Car gets very dirty in the car park
Good company overall
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire14 June 2017
Enjoyed my time with the company, other than the final 18 months.
Company ethos really started to change during the last three years of me working there.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lack of communication
Generate new and existing business
Sale Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire2 June 2017
Develop existing account business.
Instigate new business within a designated area.
Establish strong commercial relationships which generate revenue to exceed targets.
Monitor and report on market trends and competitors.
Work with the Product Management to deliver new products.
Develop business relationships with Branch Managers and Regional Directors of supporting branches.
Provide accurate and timely forecasts on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis
not worth the time
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  south19 May 2017
where to begin it is a dreadful company they don't care about employees nor there salaries are a joke. No one is showing any leadership. don't go for a job here
Pros
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buildbase. Our community is ready to answer.