BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Friendly, flexible and rewarding
HR (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury18 May 2018
Flexible working is a massive plus - you can alter your hours to suit your personal life, as long as it fits with the business needs - most people do this so it is widely accepted. It is right in the center of town, so great for popping out on your lunch breaks to local shops & restaurants. Or there is a New York Deli on site, which is discounted for BCC employees.

It's a friendly place to work and you are made to feel welcome from the offset - it's such a huge building but individual teams are close so you can build rapports quickly.

Management are supportive and understanding of different pressures and challenges.

There are so many different opportunities at BCC - once you get your foot in the door, you will be offered great support and have the opportunity to move off into different areas within your department and the wider business.
Pros
Flexible working, good benefits package, good work culture
Great Workplace
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire3 May 2018
I worked within a great team that was very supportive. I received a lot of helpful training as well as opportunity for further progression. This was a very good experience
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work
Corporate Business Support Admin (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire27 December 2017
They are supportive and guide you through the right channels. God managemet techniques and communication to ensure a smooth day in the co operate business world.
Great team, good job.
Early Years & Childcare Commissioning Officer (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire30 November 2017
Friendly team, clear objectives and targets.
Loved the job.
Managed my own dairy and priorities.
Working from home - remotely.
Enjoyed meeting different people.
Enjoyed networking with people/organisations at different levels.
Great People
Commissioning Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury27 November 2017
The people are friendly and will never make you feel like you are out of place. The offices are open and clean and light, You will always make new friends.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
lacking the perks of a private company
Working in educational sector
Senior Educational Support (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire26 November 2017
Every day is different working with children. Highs and lows but diverse and exciting. Salary, when pro-rata'd down is poor but only working term time is good.
Pros
Local government pension scheme
Cons
Challenging behaviours
Large case loads
Student Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire15 November 2017
Large case load, difficult to manage time boundaries, very stressful environment. Great team members and support, moral was always positive and happy.
No two days are the same
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire6 October 2017
A very proactive and fast paced working environment in my current role here. Enjoyable, every day is different and the directors are lovely to work with.
Family-friendly employer
Complaints Officer (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire30 September 2017
The main office of Bucks County Council is situated in central Aylesbury. This employer is forward-thinking in its approach to flexible working and encouraging its staff to succeed. My time at Bucks CC has shown me how hard individuals are prepared to work to support the local (and wider) community. Service delivery and VFM are at the top of every agenda. Budgetary constraints have impacted on staffing levels and those that remain do "more for less".
Pros
Travel subsidy.
Cons
Minimal salary progression.
Enjoyed my time
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princes Risborough4 September 2017
Good environment, excellent first job. I was approached after volunteering there for a summer. It was timed very well as I could then earn some money during the weekends.
Worked so hard and got no support
manager / support worker / and everthing else no (Former Employee) –  rural29 April 2017
Loved the clients I worked with but the lack of support from higher up was unbelievable. Tried to explain that my job was more than one person's and I could not cope but ended leaving rather than having a breakdown.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
long hours bad pay no support
Working with lovely people , everyone that works in the building are friendly and willing to help
Level 2 business admin (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury22 April 2017
A great place to work and there is many departments you can work in. Certain job roles can help you gain experience and also can help you develop in the certain team you work in.
Pros
Experience, close to home
Cons
Apprenticeship wage isn't helpful
Nice school
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire12 February 2017
Wonderful stimulating school with freindly staff and a great ethos. The school offers a place for 2 year old up to 11 at year 6. Situated near the nice village of Burnham.
Pros
Term time hours
Enjoyable work place
COMPUTER HELP DESK/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire10 January 2017
Good public sector company.
Work experience excellent and career advancement.
Friendly.

Negatively there was little flexibility in computer progress. Mostly dictated to by government policy. Little chance to put your own mark on your job.
Pros
job progression
Cons
No recognition
Temporary work
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury5 September 2016
The work i did there was temporary over the Christmas period.

The staff were more than friendly.

The work i did does not really correlate with the staffs normal role so I'm not in a position to review this company.
A good place to work but difficult to develop existing skills.
RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury26 February 2016
Good rapport with co-workers, even when disputes arose. Management were generally decent, although some are incredibly sycophantic.

The hardest part of the job was developing skills beyond the limitations of the role and very little opportunities in the way of creativity.
teaches you austerity and patience
Business Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Amersham15 January 2016
Very motivating and requires a lot of patience to work.
learned SAP package , updating on ICS.
Mixed team of very young people and seniors.
Unique blend of experience and enthusiasm.
The thing I find difficult is to see there are so many neglected kids wanting help the best part is the Council is like a silver lining in the dark clouds , helping and comforting these kids.
Pros
flexitiming
Cons
no flares
Not working at present
Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury5 June 2015
My typical day would be to monitor children between the ages of 4 - 7 in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.

Working with children creates lots of opportunity to understand them.

The school at which I worked was well managed and I had good relationship with the staff.

I enjoyed all my time at the school and felt that the job was enjoyable every day.
Pros
An enjoyable place to work with good people
What I love about Bucks County Council
Business Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chess Medical Centre Chesham16 January 2015
A typical day at the workplace for me would be answering the buzzer to let clients into the building for whatever appointment they may have, data entry into the system, sending E-mails and dealing with general enquires, Cleaning the toys to prevent bacteria and germs spreading etc...
Pros
Great working enviroment, working with lovely and talented collegues
worked as empleyee
Gully Emptier & Road Worker (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury7 July 2014
set me on route for drainage
learned lots of different jobs
got on well with everyone
good bunch of lads
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Reviews by Location