Play YouTube video button

BT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,529 reviews
Found 1,529 reviews matching the search
Featured review
BT selected this as a representative review
A difficult but rewarding place to work
This is a job that will not suit everyone let’s be honest about that. You are dealing with the great British public at a time when they might be stressed and not at their most amenable. BT train you well to deal with this situation and stress the need for resilience. You are well supported by supervisors and managers all the way and the culture on site is very inclusive and supportive. Every effort is made to make this a fun place to be with competitions and events. However it’s a results based culture and there are a complex matrix of KPI’s that need to be hit to meet the expectations of BT and your own financial needs. If you enjoy achieving then it’s a great place to work. Achievement comes in many forms not just financial but from leaving customers happy after a difficult problem has been resolved, understanding and developing new skills and helping less experienced colleagues. I have no hesitation in saying go for it but be prepared for some difficult times.
Great place to work, Great benifits and salary
BT is a place you work to make a career, the opportunities for advancement are endless. Starting out the salary is £19,500 but the longer you work for BT the better it gets.
The shifts are rotational working no later than 9pm at the moment. You will work weekends but you receive overtime for working a Sunday and any bank holidays (you are off bank holidays unless you take overtime)
Professional & Innovative
Always looking to improve service - really enjoyed my time with the business
Supportive management structure - healthy competition within team

Training opportunities to develop skills
Ok
BT is a very good company to work for. I would recommend it without hesitation.

No idea what else to write just to set up a job search. Minimum of 150 characters is too much.
Hard work but good atmos
Friendly collaborative colleagues
Challenging work across multiple network infrastructures and streams

Excellent work life balance

Fair and thoughtful line management
Proactive and hardworking
BT is a large company which offers huge career opportunities and upskilling. There is a massive opportunity for employees to choose different career paths if that is what they want.
Stressful
Was as call advisor within weeks was sales/retention with targets which kept his changing,so harder to hit,salaried(bonus sheme),
Was originally inbound calls then if not good team you have to cold call,product trading for 6 weeks,tested like a battery farm,achieving targets of you have no scruplex.

Hardest part of job was stress of achieving g Dailey targets,best big was helping people.
Pros
Call advisor
Cons
Call sales, retention
Bt south shields
Been at bt South shields for approx 8 years, and I couldn't fault the place I absolutely love it. Managers are the best and help you in every way. Targets and stats are realistic and good commission too.
Demanding but Fun
- dealing with faults on Broadband Network
- Communication and using different systems

- Brilliant managers

- Work/home life manageable

- Customer can be difficult
Pros
good managers
Cons
repititaive
BT Employment
I was very happy during my employment in BT, I have a variety of skills. I have lots of different people and gained confidence speaking to people. I am confident using computer/word/excel.
Pros
BT share save scheme/company car
Cons
Long hours/lots of travel around the country.
Overall I feel that for the work I do and the stress I should be paid more
Feel for the amount of stress and hard manual labour I do I should be getting paid a lot more than I do.i also feel that engineers are not valued Enoch as we are the foundation of the company
Pros
Working close to home
Cons
Climbing poles
worked for BT for 30 years loved every minute of it. Apart from the last 2 years. like most jobs they are always changing the way they do things not always for the better.
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed my time with BT and would recommend it to other people. The work load is fair and is matched with a healthy salary, my only regret is that I could not continue working with them for longer due to personal reasons.
Constant change
BT continually goes through reorganisations which is not great for either job security of job satisfaction. The systems they use are also very old / outdated which makes doing a good job quite difficult
Given sole charge of large stimulating projects. Atmosphere friendly cooperative and supportive. Every day was different due to different problems and incidents arising. Senior engineers very capable.
Quality & Compliance Manager
Certainly for me the BT Group is probably one fo the best companies I've ever worked for. I guess the one thing that I woudl say for BT is that it has an excellent company culture.
a job only
the set up of BT means little to
no support to the staff and a sense of isolation. this is fine if you have no issues. but you will have issues daily with poor systems and a lack of clear procedures. depends on which call centre you work in. Loved the customers though.
Frustrating place to work
Processes and polices get in the way of being able to you role successfully and reduce selling time so not enabling you to make the money you need to support your family in the way required
N/a
Stressful, competitive, not a great work culture, poor management. Work colleagues were nice and helpful however, and there was some leeway with holidays etc
Excellent
32 years with BT starting as a 999 operator to becoming a telephone engineer working in the field repairing and installing telephone equipment, I have had an excellent career they are a great company to work for I have learned many skills
Official response from BT
8 April 2020
Thanks for your review and your service! It's great to hear you've had an excellent careers, as well as carrying out lots of different vital roles to the company.
BT was a great company to work for.You as a person felt that you are providing an intelligent service.Working for BT made you Who you are not What you
The job was full off problem solving which I enjoyed.Everyday you meet new customers with challenging problems.You have to balance company policy and customer requirements.You have to marry the both by using Analytical Thinking and gets the right solution to make both happy.Remember both need each other to grow.