BT Employee Reviews

Fantastic Office Workplace
2 Week Placement - Training Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands15 August 2018
I completed my two weeks Work Experience Placement at BT (British Telecom) where my Father has been employed for the past 28 years. Raising sales orders for business customers, coordinating trainers work flow and organizing month end reports for training and revenue. It was an amazing experience for me and it made me aware of the essential roles in a major organisation and that it is vital for everyone to play their part to be successful in a challenging economic climate.
Pros
Friendly working environment, gained plenty of business and technical skills
Cons
Challenging economic climate
Brilliant place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast15 August 2018
BT Flex is in a world of its own when it comes to call centre work. Great pay and great bonuses.
Great training which is fun and a good chance to get eased into the company
Lots of chances for progression if you want too.
Managers all friendly and supportive.
Pros
Great canteen and supportive management
Cons
No parking
job satisfaction
Network Spine Design & Planner (Former Employee) –  london & surrey & hertfordshire15 August 2018
I spent 31 years in a job that I loved and had opportunities to learn a vast array of skills in that time from working in all aspects of telecoms from an engineer to planning officer they to network spine designer, dealing with customers' local council 'government ' dealing with budgets and providing a service
Pros
working for BT
Cons
Fast paced, career building work place
2 week placement as assistant (Former Employee) –  Work Experience15 August 2018
I did 2 weeks placement at BT. I learnt a lot in my time there, it is a fast pace, hard working environment. It was a great step and great experience for me at such a young age.
Distributor
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Poole14 August 2018
I only did this job as a one off in 2009 to earn a little extra cash. i spent 7 days straight delivering BT Phone books to private addresses in then Poole Area.
Pros
I could choose my own hours of work.
Cons
i had to work 12 hours a day for 7 days in all weathers to get it all done on time.
Interesting and varied work
Repayments Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 August 2018
Work is varied and interesting, you are given the freedom to develop your own ideas and solutions overcome problems. Most job that you do will be different to varying degrees, and require thought to come up with the best engineering solution.
corrupt company
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Northallerton8 August 2018
got sacked on my day off apparently due to bullying a colleague , no disciplinary procedures followed told not to come back to site and no evidence to support to claim. is a if your face fits workplace
Pros
weekends off
Cons
corrupt management, think they are above the law
Good word benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 August 2018
This job role is challenging, you deal with complaints on a daily basis, you need to know how to think on your feet and not to take things to personally! There is a lot of support available on the floor. Training could be better and more in depth.
Good Working Enviroment
Trainee Installation Engineer (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2018
Not much work came in. My job was to run cables from the patch distribution panel to the wall outlet.

Management Helped

Good team work culture as you always worked as a team.

Waiting for work to come in was the hardest part of the job.

Enjoyed working in a good team.
Pros
Got lots of food vouchers
Cons
Not very busy
Great Career Development Opportunities
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2018
A complex organisation that is constantly striving to improve. Good management culture. Complexity is hardest to get used to. Good teamwork across all teams. Great variety of roles potentialy available for someone who likes change.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Complex processes
Good skill development
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim1 August 2018
Learnt many skills, however difficult dealing with angry customers all day and very little space/breaks to deal with stress. Good team atmosphere however lack of management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Difficulty booking holidays
Not good
FM (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 August 2018
Unrealistic workload, expected to close jobs off when they are not completed, everything is about stats.
Senior management just pass everything down the chain to the assistant Facilities Manager.
So many restructures most the good people have gone leaving managers who are ex cleaners and toilet unblockers
Pros
Company car
Cons
Manager threats to close jobs
big company mentality
Corporate Account Director, BT Retail (Former Employee) –  WFH30 July 2018
BT are a victim of there own success, processes take too long .. no focus on delivery .. too many hoops to jump through .. poor employee support .. great training
Nothing you do is ever good enough
Retentions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire25 July 2018
Management is useless! Constantly on your back for not not hitting sales, managers are more driven by figures and not customer service experience as a whole. Liars and two faced. Just watch your back and don’t trust anyone no matter how sweet they seem they will eventually stab you in the back. Colleagues are alright but it’s best just to keep yourself to yourself.
I was not told that this job is sale based. All my manager is bothered about is me selling TVs.’nothing else matters. Even if the rest of on point, if you ain’t sellin TVs you’re gona get shafted and threatened to be put on a plan! Which is pretty pathetic. Even if a customer has died they still don’t want you to cancel their services even then u gotta be heartless n ask the dead customers family, if someone else wants their services!? Have to ask em 101 questions n sound like a fool when customers don’t wanna know. But still gotta do it otherwise will get shafted for it.
Managers just care about their own conversions . Too much pressure. Only working here coz it fits around my current needs and lifestyle otherwise would be long gone. Nothing is ever good enough! If one things good, then the other isn’t. Manager constantly whinging about sales of tv and mobile sims but on the other hand chatting garbage about solution selling it ain’t no solution selling bull cr*p it’s about what’s rigt for management n their bonuses! Torture and lord have mercy!
enjoyable experience
Network Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  north London20 July 2018
My duties included driving, surveying and updating documents of the underground network in the North London distrist i was asigned to alongside a fully trained engineer.
Good career progression
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 July 2018
Good environment with plenty of structure. Clear career path with opportunity to progress. Changing direction within the organisation not difficult - this was however some time ago.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Treat you like monkeys
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire19 July 2018
What can I say
Pay peanuts and treat you like monkeys
Worked 8 months for BT the CCM in sales has no people skills talk to people without respect and use PIPs to threaten you to achieve targets.
No coaching or support.
If your face fits then your protected.
On many occasions if you spoke up in team meetings your cards were marked and was treated badly afterwards.
Was told to use alias names on the phones so the customer would think they were speaking to English person and not offshore.
Pros
Building
Customer service
Business Billing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 July 2018
Call centers really are modern day work houses, In the BT center I was in , you were recruited via an agency for a maximum of 2 years where you were paid less than half of the BT employed people for doing the same job and then let go just as the two years were up.
Pros
good holiday entitlement
Cons
Everything elde
Good Job
Telephone Engineer in BT Exchange (Former Employee) –  Essex16 July 2018
It was a good job the only thing wrong it was contract work that was the only reason why i didn't stay i did try to get full time job with but it was really hard
goood
Telecoms Engineer (Former Employee) –  rochester15 July 2018
its a good place to work sometimes difficult circumstances ie weather work life balance is good rate of pay could be better management could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BT. Our community is ready to answer.