BSS Employee Reviews

i dont want to
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 July 2017
volenty work it was i had to be there for 8 am when i got there made the drinks then cracked on i did not really learn anything and only did it for 2 weeks
Good steady place
Senior Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Leicester2 June 2016
Nice place to work, friendly colleagues, and just the right balance of new technology to keep things interesting.
The head office was based in the centre of Leicester, so commuting was possible by car, bus, or train, a rarity these days!
Pros
Cons
Late nights
Good hours and good work
worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry14 May 2016
Picking, Loading and Unloading
Easy work once you get into it, supervisors work with you. Good breaks and potenail to learn how to drive the HGV's
Pros
Easy work, Good comunication
productive work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth19 April 2016
It's quiet ,friendly place.
Management are great , always helpful and satisfying expectation.
People around you are always ready to give you a hand.
Excelent Employer
Information Officer and Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre27 October 2015
I worked on the Big Lottery Fund contract for over 5 years and was given the opportunity to progress into management. I loved the job and the people I worked with.
It was a great place to work
First Line advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre5 October 2015
I loved working in BSS for the National Careers service. Unfortunately they lost the contract to SERCO and went into administration shortly afterwards
Pros
various shifts avoiding peak hour traffic
Cons
opening until 10pm 7 days a week
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG6 September 2015
They were always helpful and made sure I was always busy doing something, I worked all week and was a quick learner with some help.
Pros
all friendly
Cons
not many
Career cut short
Project Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 August 2015
I could have happily continued to work at BSS for many years and I could see a clear path to advancement within the company
Pros
Lovely atmosphere, dedicated mangers
Cons
Working weekends
Productive and fun workplace
Front Line Adviser (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 March 2015
A typical day at work would involve taking inbound calls. I offered a wide range of advice. This would include offering advice on courses, careers and funding information. I would also do referrals for those who needed careers guidance. As well as taking inbound calls I would also respond to emails from our customers and also deal with enquiries over web chat.

I have learnt to listen effectively. I dealt with a number of customers every shift so listening played a big part so that I could establish how we can help them and tailor the service to their needs.

My co-workers were a fantastic bunch to work with. Easy to get along with and did not hesitate asking for help when needed.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with double chats when on web chat. However this got easier with time.

The enjoyable part of the job was firstly coming into work and working with such a lovely, dedicated and caring team. For me the enjoyable part of the job was also knowing that I had helped my customers take their first step forward to achieving their goal.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
rewarding job,downside was the commute into cambridge
Lorry Driver/delivery (Former Employee) –  CB1 3LQ25 January 2015
Enjoyed my time at BSS, Positive aspects were; would go to regular customers,so building up good working relationships with them .
Management team were approachable and friendly,would get financial rewards for performing well as a team,also staff discount benefits from other stores in group.
Pros
regular start /finish times/good team working environment
Cons
travelling into Cambridge daily.
Not great
Information Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG4 August 2014
Currently the mamnagement is terrible and there is much that could be done to improve the compay as a whole. The people i work with are great but there is no job security and feels like we could get confirmation anyday now to say the funding has been pulled.
Relaxed and friendly work environment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre19 May 2014
The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and all incredibly helpful. Great training and information by the training staff and the line manager was very friendly and accommodating. While this was a very relaxed working environment, they still maintained a very high level of service, and contionually made sure that I was working to my best, giving advice and help where needed.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Old building with no air conditioning (summer was HOT!)
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG13 May 2014
Shifts were typically 8 hours long varying from 8am-4pm through to 2pm-10pm,
Calls would come through constantlty with 20 seconds wrap time in between to finish up notes on the customer.
My co-workers were great.
It was a challenging role due to the varied enquiries from the customers and the need to tailor the service to their needs.
Helping the customers was the most enjoyable part of the role.
Productive and fun workday
administration assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne11 September 2013
Working at BSS was both fun and productive, although I only worked there for a week I learnt basic admin skills and how to ensure basic safety in a warehouse environment. I was taught how to answer the phone in a welcoming manner,how to file and fax in the correct order and how to make a really good brew for all of the office! Although the hours were really long my co-workers were bright and friendly and because I was only learning I enjoyed the atmosphere and the new environment.
Pros
learning the skills of an admin assistant
Cons
Wonderful company to work for.
Information Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester3 September 2013
A fantastic job, and a fantastic place to work. This is the best job that i have ever had.
Fun environment
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bedford, ENG17 August 2013
A typical day would be serving for a group of people such as a wedding or a birthday. mainly set menus and just have to serve food that the chefs give you. i learned discipline and how to deal with people that aren't happy with there meal.
Pros
got to eat left overs if the chefs over cooked
Cons
have to stay late till all the guest leave.