BSI Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
As the title says, its a great place to work. Has a great atmosphere and very good people, management always seem to have time and are very accommodating with working from home. Though you always seem to work way more hours than you are contracted!
Internal training and development is generally poor, considering the brand reputation and premium price BSI has. Investment in people could also be considered poor and assessors are expected to deliver with minimal training in their subject areas and with little CPD. However, the culture tends to be positive with collaboration stressed. Management though are not supported by HR in their functions, especially with disputes, and greater emphasis is placed on being politically correct and having personal values than on actual job performance. HR internal processes are poor.
Great company to work for with great team morale. Very good management. Had the opportunity to work as a team and individually on a variety of projects.
A great place to work, very supportive culture and good development opportunities. I never imagined I would have remained with a company for so long but I've had an amazing time, met people and seen things I could never have imagined.
BSI is an average company. They have good benifits i.e. up to 30 days holiday, a good pension plan but i would expect this from a 'superbrand'. Management is getting better but honestly it was terrible so not hard to improve. The salarys are below average for the job we do. BSI are aware of this but dont seem bothered about it which is why they are losing so many good employees.
Pros
Benifits
Great company with fantastic training, huge portfolio to be learnt and demonstrated. an Innovative business with the eye to be at the forefront of business improvements, by gaining an understanding of the science of selling and powers of persuasion, they are pushing to deliver the best customer experience to their clients.

However with consistent change, it does bring uncertainty and a lot of

personal self discovery moments as the resource to develop individuals and teams are limited and under lots of pressure to achieve. I am confident once they establish a win win strategy to develop and address development needs within the business, they will be back on track
Pros
Benefits and good commission structure
Cons
Working life balance... its not 9-5pm it's your life, especially the sales teams
Free coffee in the morning, Check my jobs-to-do-board and with the Maintenance Manager. gather material and tools for specific job. Lunch and carry with the job and if completed on to next job.

Management are very helpfully, polite and friendly.

Workplace Culture is like a matrix organisation all departments are helpful to each other.

Had to brake a huge Concrete platform and moving it to skip using large breaker and wheelbarrow.

Jobs are varied day by day and challenging at times,
Pros
Free Coffee all day long
Cons
Cant see one
started as HR Admin and worked my way to HR Advisor/Analyst yet the management change of HR team has effected the operational way of working which started to be less enjoyable at later years of my employment. otherwise overall good company to work for for a short period of time I guess.
Pros
canteen, good company benefits
Cons
Fwa, career advancement & progression, salary
I enjoyed working for the BSI and was there for almost 23 years. Problems occurred when I had a personal problem relating to my daughter's Anorexia Nervosa.
Pros
Good pay and a car.
Cons
Poor reaction to my problems with my daughter.
I loved my two-week work experience at BSI as i learned many useful skills which can aid me in future jobs.
The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
friendly staff
Over 23 years I gained formal training and experience in many public and private companies in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. A fantastic company to work for and one to which I would be happy to return.
BSI was quite dry -- it's standards after all.

Very slow moving, very little pressure, and no stress.

Nice as a break from more stressful work environments, but after a while very boring.

People went out for lunch together on Fridays.

Difficult to progress within the oganisation. My experience was one where managers went out of their way to make sure you weren't mentored or prepared for subsequent roles.
Pros
Lots of leave, no over-time, reasonable work-loads, parking
Cons
Very dry, poor management mentoring
BSI working in Executive Assistant/Business Support capacity supporting Group Executive level directors.
BSI services are designed to align with the steps individual clients need to take to understand what is best practice, how to achieve it and ensure that it remains an ongoing habit.
Great management who is typically understanding when it comes to personal life. A relaxed atmosphere majority of the time. Only downfall is that everyone is too far stretched
friendly, clean working environment. Busy but the time went really fast.
Canteens were well stocked and hot meals were available.

Flexible working hours meant the you could choose to work set hours.
Pros
Hot meals available
Cons
Two buses to get there
Friendly and approachable working environment. Working as a temporary member of staff, I was welcomed into the team and given sufficient training for the role.
I only had my work experience there which i enjoyed very much. i had the opportunity to meet the CEO of the company as well as work in different departments of the company such as Finance area, Customer service, HR etc...

The workplace was very well managed and everyone got along well with each other.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
manager has distributed work via email. Email received from the client in regard to the invoices which was sent. 98% of those email are query. Client will like to cancel license, change address etc. I raise credit notes and invoices, liaising with different department to resolve the queries.

log all queries on the system and sending email to client in regard to their request.

i learn how to work under pressure constantly, there always work do to.
The management here really need to be more self aware, and stop hiding behind the company name.
Quite intimidating style of management, poor communication and selfish , insensitive management team.

that believe in what they say goes, not open to negotiation.
Pros
great offices
Cons
Long hours, arrogant management.
A proffesional place to work, great sales training, the focus on delivering an excellent service.
Managers generally very encouraging and aproachable, opportunity to move roles whithin the company .

A spacious staff canteen on site.

27 days holiday per annum.

A comfortable spacious office enviroment.

Overal a good company to work for.
I enjoyed every day of work at BSI. There was a fun and friendly culture that was created by the staff. The company itself is highly reputed and made flexible working where possible.
Pros
work from home
Cons
frequent restructures of teams resulting in redundcies