BSI Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work and lots of nice and friendly people work there.
Renovation/Maintenance Handyman (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead8 March 2019
Free coffee in the morning, Check my jobs-to-do-board and with the Maintenance Manager. gather material and tools for specific job. Lunch and carry with the job and if completed on to next job.

Management are very helpfully, polite and friendly.
Workplace Culture is like a matrix organisation all departments are helpful to each other.

Had to brake a huge Concrete platform and moving it to skip using large breaker and wheelbarrow.

Jobs are varied day by day and challenging at times,
Pros
Free Coffee all day long
Cons
Cant see one
A great place to work
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based27 February 2019
I enjoyed working for the BSI and was there for almost 23 years. Problems occurred when I had a personal problem relating to my daughter's Anorexia Nervosa.
Pros
Good pay and a car.
Cons
Poor reaction to my problems with my daughter.
Enjoyable and friendly atmosphere
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK25 February 2019
I loved my two-week work experience at BSI as i learned many useful skills which can aid me in future jobs.
The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
friendly staff
BSI In a nutshell
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 January 2019
Over 23 years I gained formal training and experience in many public and private companies in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. A fantastic company to work for and one to which I would be happy to return.
Blah
Product Editor (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2018
BSI was quite dry -- it's standards after all.

Very slow moving, very little pressure, and no stress.

Nice as a break from more stressful work environments, but after a while very boring.

People went out for lunch together on Fridays.

Difficult to progress within the oganisation. My experience was one where managers went out of their way to make sure you weren't mentored or prepared for subsequent roles.
Pros
Lots of leave, no over-time, reasonable work-loads, parking
Cons
Very dry, poor management mentoring
Bsi
EA to Group HR Director and Leadership Team (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
BSI working in Executive Assistant/Business Support capacity supporting Group Executive level directors.
BSI services are designed to align with the steps individual clients need to take to understand what is best practice, how to achieve it and ensure that it remains an ongoing habit.
Flexible work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2018
Great management who is typically understanding when it comes to personal life. A relaxed atmosphere majority of the time. Only downfall is that everyone is too far stretched
friendly, clean working environment
Accounts Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Finance13 October 2018
friendly, clean working environment. Busy but the time went really fast.
Canteens were well stocked and hot meals were available.
Flexible working hours meant the you could choose to work set hours.
Pros
Hot meals available
Cons
Two buses to get there
good workplace culture
(BSI) - HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 September 2018
Friendly and approachable working environment. Working as a temporary member of staff, I was welcomed into the team and given sufficient training for the role.
bubbly and sweet workplace full dedicated workers
Assitant, WORK EXPERIENCE (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 August 2018
I only had my work experience there which i enjoyed very much. i had the opportunity to meet the CEO of the company as well as work in different departments of the company such as Finance area, Customer service, HR etc...

The workplace was very well managed and everyone got along well with each other.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons

Want to know more about BSI?

Ask a question
Temporary work
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 June 2018
manager has distributed work via email. Email received from the client in regard to the invoices which was sent. 98% of those email are query. Client will like to cancel license, change address etc. I raise credit notes and invoices, liaising with different department to resolve the queries.

log all queries on the system and sending email to client in regard to their request.

i learn how to work under pressure constantly, there always work do to.
Big Business, big name, big egos too.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 April 2018
The management here really need to be more self aware, and stop hiding behind the company name.
Quite intimidating style of management, poor communication and selfish , insensitive management team.
that believe in what they say goes, not open to negotiation.
Pros
great offices
Cons
Long hours, arrogant management.
A fun place but be prepared to work hard.
Business Development Partner (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 December 2017
A proffesional place to work, great sales training, the focus on delivering an excellent service.
Managers generally very encouraging and aproachable, opportunity to move roles whithin the company .
A spacious staff canteen on site.
27 days holiday per annum.
A comfortable spacious office enviroment.

Overal a good company to work for.
A great organisation to work , flexible and fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London3 October 2017
I enjoyed every day of work at BSI. There was a fun and friendly culture that was created by the staff. The company itself is highly reputed and made flexible working where possible.
Pros
work from home
Cons
frequent restructures of teams resulting in redundcies
International Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 September 2017
Great place to work with lots of enthusiastic people. Benefits are great and the office in MK is modern, spacious and clean. The culture is fantastic with a real focus on working as a team.
Pros
Holiday allowance
Cons
Personal development
Good Place To Work
Test Engineer Construction Products (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 August 2017
Overall I'm finding it great working here. But recently I am having doubts with the way my team is being run and led forward.

This is why I am currently thinking about moving to another company or another role at my current job.
Pros
Great salary, benifits etc
Cons
Ok place to work - however lots of politics
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London10 August 2017
I worked in the HR department in Chiswick, and for the most part it was a disappointing experience, it often at times felt as if i was working in the public sector. It was extremely political and unprofessional. The salaries were average, however if you would like a great work life balance this place would be suitable as there is no long hours culture here.
Stable and good place to work
Group Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  London19 May 2017
Very good work life balanced. Stable organisation and there are intelligent people within the organisation.

Size of the organisation is a bit small which makes advancement difficult.
Good
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London23 March 2017
Good company with a relaxed atmosphere, flexible working and central location. Environment for a lot of collaborative work and cross-departmental projects.
A friendly workplace with helpful colleagues.
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Gunnersbury5 July 2016
My time spent at BSI was mostly spent assisting the lead marketing director as well as being given the opportunity to design a new website as the company had been working on a redesign and wanted my input.

The company is run very efficiently and many group meetings are held daily to ensure teams are filled in and that projects are on track.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSI. Our community is ready to answer.

BSI Reviews by Location