BS Social Care

BS Social Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews
helping my community
During the current situatoin I was helping out locally but thought I'd like to put it into a new job.

Never done care before but all training provided and paid
Great agency
BS social care have always been a great agency, the recruitment staff are prompt and informative about job roles and really friendly too :)
Professional and thoughtful
I was given plenty of information before going to a new workplace. The staff are knowledgeable and supportive of workers queries or concerns.The pay is competitive with other agencies. Always someone at the end of the phone to answer and queries or concerns that I might have.
Not really a good agency.
BS sociable needs to work more on staff satisfactions and salary scale needs to be improved. Poor staff satisfactions, low salary scale. Staff not being treated well
Pros
Good travel pay, lunch allowances.
Cons
Long good hours for those travelling far frkm their destinations
Good time to work with them just that the payment is too low for my cost of living
His good to work with bssocialcare if you have the job experience l the may problems there is no anoff shift for the staff to cover and the waiges is low for the cost of living in my area
Frindly envinroment
Stressful ,but I learned new skills and gain more experience. I will effeminately recommend my friend to work for them. The hardest work part of the job is the permanent staff they don't really like agency staff.
Not recommended
The attitude of the staff right through to management are disgusting. It's common practice to be rushed off the phone and hanged up on if they don't want to deal with your query and then they won't even get back to you again for weeks on end! Very abrupt and rude in the way they speak to you zero customer service. I'd only recommend this agency to people that want to be treated like they are dirt. I'd heard good things about here before joining but it's really gone down hill
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else
Terrible agency!!!
Joined earlier this year and their was never any work on offer. When you did get a shift you had to fight them to pay you, they never paid on time and when they finally did it was lower than the rate agreed. good luck trying to sort that out with their team, just not intrested. As you can imagine not knowing if or when you’ll get paid when theres all the bills to pays a nightmare.

1st time I was sent out to a job I was given the wrong address and then when you do make it to the shift its been double booked! No apology, no communication - nothing. Theres plenty of other agencies out there that treat you much better and you can always get work when you want. If anyone reads this and decides not to join this ‘agency’ then at least I’v done my good deed for the day knowing Ive stopped someone having to go through the pain and stress I did.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good
I worked in a tight knit team who were very supportive. I encountered a range of characters and everyone was passionate about caring for others every day.
Good company
Offers competitive salary, maternity pay and holiday pay. Work round you, help with obtaining full time permanent work. Staff friendly and helpful. Overall good place to work.
Great Team
Since the new management have been involved everything is a lot smoother, we know how things work and so it should be like that. The new team is great and would recommend Bs social care to anyone who is interested in joining the agency. When i call now and ask the new manager a question, i get a straight answer.
Newcastle Care
Great Company to work for.

I have been here just over 3 months and the management team within the company have been beyond helpful. The reputation the company has with external companies is amazing too due to the service within the branch.
Highly recommend
Very helpful and supportive when ringing the office in hours and out of hours. BS respect that I have another permanent job and are always willing to accommodate shifts around it. Would highly recommend BS social care
Negative experience
Very poor management, wages not great thats if you get them as often mistakes made and very little training opportunities. All work by text on first come first seved basis, no matching the right person with the right client as long as the post is filled. Would not recommend working there.
An excellent place to work!
I do not have a bad thing to say! You must try working here to see for yourself!
All the staff are great and get to know what you are looking for!

I have no issues or complaints
Cardiff branch
The girls at BS have honestly been beyond amazing, they source work that meets your desires/ needs and support you venturing into similar but new fields too.

I joined BS after burning out from working with young people that display emotional and behaviour challenges whilst living in residential care. I have since worked in hostels, rehabs, community, disabilities, mental health units, playgroups, homeless, the list is honestly endless! And I wouldn’t have been able to support so many others with out them supporting me and helping me refocus and reach my next career goals.

If you are looking for something new or just extra hours... Totally recommend BS ✅
BS Social care Cardiff
They were great to work for, I really enjoyed my experience with them. They always found me work and came though for me. Lovely staff at Cardiff. Highly recommended.
Ambiente di lavoro molto vario e flessibile
Ambiente di lavoro stimolante, non competitivo.
Lavoro a chiamata quindi con possibilità di lavorare su turni scegliendo autonomamente quali, tuttavia non sempre era chiaro quale fosse l'impegno richiesto giornalmente.
Professional Company - well respected.
BS Social Care based in Newcastle upon Tyne have a well deserved reputation for providing good quality temporary staff in the care sector. Working conditions are very good and they tend to encourage staff loyalty through clarity of job descriptions and through providing good staff support should staff encounter any difficulties.
It was fun working with BS
I will recommend anyone so far to BS, the management both London and Birmingham were fantastic.There is no approve of CEO. Friendly colleagues,Overall
Pros
Friendly colleagues, they would like to train you and develop you. they actually care about their staffs.
Cons
Can't think of any cons
Typical agency who only care about making money
Like many agencies, they are so desperate to make a sale they they will try to shoehorn you in anywhere, irrespective of your experience and preferences regarding hours or travelling distance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BS Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.