BS Social Care Employee Reviews

Hmmm
Temp Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 March 2019
Plenty of work if your prepared to travel. However be prepared for mix ups with bookings! Turning up to work and being told your double booked or working alone when you were given a different overview is just the norm at present....but its ok if it's there mistake you get paid just a complete nightmare and pain!
Pros
Meet some nice clients
Cons
No idea what risks you face
Exciting
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2019
Fast pace

Monitoring, Safeguarding, Teaching, leading, learning and having fun while working in a team. An opportunity to meet various professionals .

The hardest part is you are placed in various settings, this prevents permanent attachment with the children and staff.
Pros
non
Cons
Not fixed shifts
Professional and great place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 October 2018
Everyday is a different day and it really helps you develop on a professional level, couldn't ask for better from an employer! Would highly recommend this company.
So far so good
Residential Support Worker. (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2018
I joined BS nearly a year ago and I have never been short of work. I regularly get alerts from my branch and it's just for you to get in there quick.
If you go to a client, it's about you showing them your a good worker and they will always ask for you again. So you need to also put in the work. The consultants ensure they visit clients in order for them to get an understandings of their business and this is shared with us. They try to also get long term work and again this is down to you proving yourself to the client. Believe me if they don't like you they won't have you. But on the flipside if your not comfortable with an assignment this won't go against you. Just share your concerns and explain why. BS has supported me with this and they continue to find suitable work. Pay scales vary and if I'm not happy with the rate for some places there are times this is negotiated. No regrets joining this agency and I have been with a few. I have been very fortunate to be given work locally. The furthest I've had to travel is 40 minutes drive. Shortest 7 minutes away. So I'm well chuffed and tlits been like this for nearly a year. I have noticed some negative review's and these could be down to location/branch and staff struggling to find new clients. This does happen.
If you are in need of regular income maybe a permanent Job is more suited and if the pay is not the best do agency on the side which I have also done.

Whichever the case Good Luck on your journey
Pros
Local work. Helpful staff. Training.
Cons
Some low rates
hard to omment
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 July 2018
agency work. the agency found work for me during university. one issue with paycard, bt a long time ago. hard to comment.................................
Good solid company
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  All over1 June 2018
Always felt supported and appreciated.
Was well looked after and enjoyed working for them.
Was offered a variety of temp roles and was always told about the organisations I would be placed at.
Office is run efficiently and pay was always correct.
Pros
Flexibility
Enjoyable job
Care Assistant / Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
I enjoyed working with BS I was a hard working every were they sent me to work. In 2015 I received a reward of hard working worker of the year. Working places they were happy with my performance at their work place.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long n short hrs
Part time work .
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London13 May 2018
Very difficult to be offered hours.sometimes they forget about you due to not having work placement. When they got work must it's outside yor city .spending more time travelling to work.
Pros
No meals
Cons
Sometimes
nice friendly place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 May 2018
very good place to work as everyones very helpful,nice quiet pace to work, good pay too and i recommend anyone who is interested in this place to go for it.
Disappointed and would not recommend!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex23 March 2018
Working with BS since last August I had about (if I was lucky) 1-5 shifts per month, almost for every month I worked for them.
They were booking me and then cancelling my shifts without letting me know. Pay is not good. Very rarely they got back to my calls. Very unprofessional.
I call “BS”
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Wales13 March 2018
Promise this promise that and failed multiple times to find me work. Typical gig economy agency who don’t give a monkeys about their workers and spoil it for genuine people who try to get jobs directly with employers that BS supposedly supply staff for. Anoth govt. sanctioned racket
I would wok for BS over any other agency
Agency Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire20 February 2018
If you are willing to work the work is out there.

It appears that communication is not the greatest and many things and suggested but at times do not manifest.

I would work for BS over any other agency
Highly recommend
Support Worker (Bank) (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire10 January 2018
Good pay rates, especially sleep ins. Loads of work available to choose from. Can take a little while to get through initial checks but appreciate this is down to high standards and they seem to get more work because of this. Lovely team in the office, always happy to help.
Pros
see above
Fantastic Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 January 2018
An excellent company to work for.

Knowledgeable and experienced Senior Management Team.
Excellent training and development.
Company encourages a very supportive & positive work environment.
Dedicated, skilled and friendly consultants
Loads of fun mixed with hard work!
Permenant Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire9 January 2018
Really love working for this company. I have never worked in Recruitment prior to this and my management and company made it super easy to fit straight in. I have always had support not only from my branch but branches across the country which really gives a sense of team work!
I would recommend BS SOCIAL CARE to anyone whether it be to work here or use our services. Best place I have worked for.
Pros
Good Salary and Bonus structure
Cons
There are always ups and downs in recruitment
Great company to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff4 January 2018
Extremely supportive company culture. a lot of time and resources are invested in training and development to help you achieve both organisational and personal targets. Managers take a participative approach, and we are encouraged to get involved in decision making.
Pros
Good Bonus Scheme, Work-life Balance, Supportive Culture, Good Incentives, National Branch Network, Career Progression
Very unprofessional and unreliable (Preston branch)
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 November 2017
I've just walked away from this company after just a few months. Since September, I'd worked just 7 shifts, and I'm writing this in November, resulting in serious financial hardship for my family. Not very understanding of my situation, I am told "well that's the nature". In the beginning they promised me a full-time job with "strong leads" (never happened), shifts are given and then taken from you in minutes, they never return your calls, errors regarding timesheets, incompetent office staff, they told me there was no work, yet a service manager told me how desperate they were for staff, no communication, it's a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left's doing. These are just a few of the complaints, they're an absolute joke. A manager of a care home tried to advise me before joining B.S, I only wish I'd listened. I now have a lot of work to do in overturning our debts. Don't change the name, B.S just about sums them up. You have been warned!
Pros
Weekly pay (if you get work)
Cons
See below!
Salary and Incentives are Horrible
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 August 2017
I have been there a year now, I have been told I am on the wrong salary and that it wouldn't go up. I was told that people who have been in this company for 3+ years are all on a similar salary also, so even when developing, there's not way of getting a higher salary.
Productive and diverse workplace
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 June 2017
This company was very diverse as it consisted of workers from different backgrounds. the management was very welcoming and supportive towards new workers.
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
Long distances to travel to workplace
busy work place
Child/Adult Workforce Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 May 2017
BS social care is a busy place with loads of shift for anyone who is ready to work. Working there since 2015, its been good despite some ups and down which are inevitable to human. overall I will say it is a good place to work.
Pros
available shifts
Cons
human errors that can be corrected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BS Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.