Bruntwood Employee Reviews

Bad management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 March 2019
I would have to say that Bruntwood is not the place to be if your highly skilled, talented and professional.
One of the worse places I have worked, bad management and low wages!
Shambles
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 February 2019
All billy big time brown nose managers with not a clue between them, poor wages and very high turn over of staff. Treat you as a number absolute shambles to work for. Do not get a job with Bruntwood! Plenty of better jobs out there.
Like being in a cult
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 December 2018
Thought that I was stepping up when headhunted to work at Bruntwood. That idea lasted about a week.
Anybody with strong ideas on how to do their job correctly, gained over decades of high quality experience should not apply; Bruntwood like them young, impressionable and happy to work ridiculous hours for poor pay.
Pros
They really do own some beautiful buildings
Cons
Poor senior management. Too many people with cosy relationships with suppliers
Sound
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 August 2018
Short stint there labouring
Good job if you like wires

We wired a few buildings Manchester Leeds Liverpool (st hughs) it was good to watch a proffesional and help out where I could.
Pros
Working with wires?
Cons
Out the way.
Bruntwood
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 June 2018
Although a company to work for the training and culture was not bad at all. I left for better prospects & progression. The job itself was easy enough but not fulfilling my potential.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Not stimulating enough
Brilliant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 March 2018
I am a part time receptionist based in Manchester, currently employed by Bruntwood and I love it! The team and management are friendly, helpful and give 100% on a daily basis, I actually feel privileged to be here it's that good of a company. They have events, great schemes, cares days, Birthdays off, great training programs for futher advancement and work with you along the way, it's like one big family. They are constantly progressive, with great ideas and each day has something new to offer. Everybody is routinely on top of there customers daily needs and always smiling, this is one company that actually works with you and cares. For me I haven't found anywhere like it, from the beautifully decorated offices, happy customers and staff, right down to the breakfast your provided with, my foot is well and truly in and I will not be moving it.
poor wages nice staff
Facilities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 November 2017
good friendly staff, nice tenants and good working atmosphere, poor pay and benefits wasnt the best, no bonus at christmas time to treat the staff who generate income etc
Nice people
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 October 2017
There are good benefits to working here including a pension matched to 8% of your wages. They put in the same as you up to 8%. Plus a birthday day off and 2 charity days off a year. Nice staff
Pros
Birthday day off
Cons
not set hours
Outdated practices and poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 June 2017
I worked for Bruntwood for a pretty short time as I found them to be very much behind the times in their practices.

There's a culture of "leaving you to it" when you first get there and you pretty much plan your own training - not great, especially when you're chasing people and they have no idea who you are. There also seems to be a very high turnover of staff at management level.

Maybe Bruntwood is for you - it certainly wasn't for me.
Pros
They pay fairly well, family feel
Cons
Old fashioned, no training, poor management structure
An enjoyable challenge
Textile commission (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2017
A Commission to design a piece of art work to be displayed in the Oxford Road building in central Manchester. A project which allowed me to build upon my skills in installation work and consider a realistic client base of employers who work in the building and would view the artwork on a daily basis.
Working for Bruntwood
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 June 2017
Work during the day and at home due to job demand
Management not really supportive
Constantly changing environment -----------------------------------------------
Fun company with poor management skills
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 January 2017
Hours 8.30-5pm
Very poor management
Many friendly faces, everyone gets involved with the many external and internal opportunities that arise.
Pros
Activities and Events the company is involved with
Cons
Poor hierarchical management system
Professional and also fun place to work
Visitor and Contractor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG9 December 2015
I worked for bruntwood for several years and learnt a lot during my time with them.

I met a lot of lovely friends, colleagues and customers and would always remember each and every one as well as my time there.
Pros
People
Cons
Area
High Spec receptionist required, at a basic Reception rate £
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 August 2015
I worked for Bruntwood in Birmingham for 3 years, although the pay was quite decent, I found the work load was uncontrollable and their expectations are far too high.
There a many aspects to this role, not just front of house but a lot of administration, you need good ICT and customer services skills to get by. And a lot of patience is needed for the staff who are not valued half as much as they should be. and to perfect the gritted teeth.
Management are next to useless because all the key decisions are made from head office in Manchester, so they are very stern in their vision and there is no compromise at all. Although some management were lovely, they were powerless to change anything. The company values and beliefs are good in theory, but watered down in practice, I think in other regions this could work, but the Birmingham region was a joke.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, stressful role
Excellent work colleagues high turnover of management
Facilities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG26 May 2015
A typical day would start with opening of the building, a building inspection of all floors, checking lights, fire doors are closing correctly. Inspect all washrooms and toilets for leaks. Checking ceiling tiles are clean and not damaged. Lifts are working correctly. Removal of all rubbish and recycling. All plant equipment is working. CCTV is working. Check the grounds and litter pick. Carry out any Planned Preventive Maintenance.
I have learned Legionella management systems. PAT testing. Painting and decorating and grounds maintenance.
The management turnover at Bruntwood is extremely high and this reflects on the customers and the staff.
My co-workers were very well trained and long serving which produced a good team both at work and in leisure time.
No real hard part working at Bruntwood.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was helping customers with problems.
Pros
Good training
Cons
constant management restructuring
Fun place to work, busy environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Warrington, ENG4 February 2015
Always busy at work, learned very good customer service skills, very good management, work very well with my co-workers, hardest part of my job is issuing fobs and working the security system and also invoices, most enjoyable meeting new customers and charity work.
Pros
26 days holiday entitlement
Cons
Distance
Facilities Team Member
Facilities Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manchester13 July 2014
To investigate & correct problems.
To help carry out general maintenance tasks & basic repairs, including electrical, plumbing, joinery & building tasks both inside & outside the premises.
Provide‘hands on’ maintenance & repair facility, to quickly repair faults & minimise maintenance call outs
To understand personal responsibilities in relation to Health & Safety at Work legislation, & demonstrate a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
To be responsible for specific Health & Safety duties with regard to safeguard systems, including monthly checks on; water temperatures, emergency lighting checks, fire exits & fire fighting equipment & weekly checks on fire alarm systems.
Maintain accurate records for comprehensive maintenance work requests carried out (ie PPM’s).
Contribute fully to team working; responding positively to colleagues & actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
Attendance at staff meetings & staff training sessions as required.
Managers never helped with issues until it was too late.
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG16 March 2014
Early start would mean taking over from security. Signing keys and passes back in from the cleaners. Logging jobs for the maintenance team. Stand for 2hrs 7.30am-9.30am to greet visitors and customers. Checking contractors in and keys out as needed. Making sure delivery drivers sign in. Keep a check on loading bay. Keep a check on who is entering the car park when they buzz in. Take calls from the management suit as to things they need or issues we might need to let a customer know. Update visitor passes. Open barriers for visitors. Let visitors know which lifts to use for which floors.
Pros
Guaranteed work. The work they do for charity.
Cons
Low pay, unpaid lunch hour, the management lack management skills.
Great job bad management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  manchester21 November 2013
I love my job, but there are far to many chiefs and no indians.
i really enjoy looking after the service space and i have a great reputation for my high standards.
Pros
great customers
Cons
longest serving member of staff after three months