Brunning & Price Employee Reviews

Productive and versatile workplace
Waitress at The Prae Wood Arms (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire11 March 2017
I enjoyed working in hospitality as I developed my communication skills and time management. The hardest part of the job was multitasking (Carrying food whilst taking orders), however it was something that I grew to become comfortable with in time. I fully enjoyed interacting with customers and being a help to their service, always running with "The customer is always right". I studied some facts about the Prae Wood Arms and enjoyed telling people of the buildings history and even being intrigued when the customers told me of the restaurants past. Working here was always busy and hectic but we would always finish with smiling faces.
Pros
free lunches tips
Cons
Hectic angry customers at times
Productive and Welcoming workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Kent16 December 2016
Roles included managing the floor staff effectively and smoothly through shift work. Continually striving to reach weekly goals and assessing any fall backs that can potentially happen. Noting stock loss and stock rotation, keeping in control and confident by resolving any problems quickly.
Pros
discounted food, friendly atmosphere
Cons
long shifts
Full time chef
Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 January 2016
I worked for this company for two years I broke my arm because the cleaners left polish on the entrance they did not pay sick pay and got staff to make false statements to my solicitors beware of this company
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Newport, WLS21 July 2015
a typical day would consist of cleaning all the cutlery plates and glasses, as well as cleaning all surfaces, and floors, store rooms and the ovens, as putting away stock deliveries, it was a very tough job, requiring a lot of physical exertion, and determination to get all the work done, often working late into the night. the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a group environment, so it wasn't dull to work their.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Outstanding company to work for
Roving Manager (Current Employee) –  South4 April 2015
Very busy high volume and very customer focused. Increased my managerial experience having worked in several locations and working with great managers and crew.
Loved the customer interaction and providing them with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Very eye-opening experience
kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Woolhampton, West Berkshire28 October 2014
This job was very helpful as it helped me get used to working under pressure.
Typically a day at work would consist of setting up my station in the kitchen and maintaining a clean and efficient work space throughout my shift.
The management were effective but being part of the kitchen staff, it felt more distant from the management.
My co-workers were all a pleasure to work with. Every single one the the kitchen staff as well as most of the front-of-house staff made me feel welcome and as part of a team.
The hardest part of the job was working alone as a kitchen porter during very busy shifts at the weekends and keeping up with all of my duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect and learning how to react to situations under pressure.
Productive and friendly workplace
Kitchen Porter and Occasional food prep (Former Employee) –  Shropshire8 July 2014
Working at The Combermere arms was a very enjoyable experience where I have met a great deal of people. The company creates a friendly and familiar environment meaning that the staff can relax into their roles and as a result there is a high level of productivity.
Pros
Flexibility and understanding
Cons
none.
Great working environment
Kitchen assistant/chef (Former Employee) –  Pen-Y-Bryn29 October 2012
A typical day at the Pen-Y-Bryn pub would start at half eight in the morning with 3 hours of prep for the day. As 12 o clock hits, you are then required to serve food to customers all day whilst keeping up the prep. I learned many life skills in this job which are featured in my CV. The kitchen management was extremely effective and organised, my co-workers were also a pleasure to work with. The co-workers would definitely have to be the best of the job, the worst being the lack of breaks during long shifts.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of break