Brunning & Price

Brunning & Price Pay & Benefits reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
Stressful but enjoyable work environment
Brunning & Price pubs are very busy places to work, however the clientele are usually lovely which makes it enjoyable to work with them.
The locations themselves are well presented and are kept to a very high standard.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unsociable hours
Easy place to work
All recipes are done to specifications. The food is simple but from when I started with the company it has gone down hill. The money isn't great for the hours that you do on a 48 hour contract. They pretty much get two months free out of you.
Pros
Free staff food and tips
Cons
Long hours. Food going down hill.
Productive and fun work place
good staff/manager relationships. good staff food. pleasant working environment. fair pay in terms of the work required. fair holiday request situation.
A nice job
A nice environment to work in and the discount is really good too. Other members of staff are really nice and managers try to be flexible with your shifts as much as possible.
Pros
Tips, Holiday pay
Cons
No sick pay, zero contract
Decent payers but work work work
Very fast paced jobs with a main focus on long shifts, typical of the industry. Decent payers with weekly pay packets just over minimum wage- although only just. Job heavily reliant on tips so pretty much 50-60 hours a week plus. Can take it’s toll after a while...
Pros
Staff food and tips
Cons
Long hours- no breaks
productive fun place to work
Is a fun place to work with nice staff. Get free lunches under £10 but you have to work 7 hours in order to get a break. Has a nice outdoor area, a family location.
Pros
free lunches under £10
Cons
is remote
Good part time work for students.
Really flexible work schedule as a kitchen porter, but you can easily get sucked into extra work due to people needing shift cover etc. Good team, social bunch. Tips are not managed as well - they were kept in pockets in a box and someone kept stealing peoples tips.
Pros
Flexible workload and decrease/increase hours optional
Cons
Non sociable hours
decent place to work, but not permenantly
I worked for 10 weeks in one of their restaurants and even though it wasn't in a busy area there was still plenty to do. the hours are very steep if you aren't used to doing so much manual labour, I frequently worked from midday - 11pm, and you need to make sure you can find time to take a lunch break independently. the place was very well run, with no managerial issues and my colleagues were friendly, if mostly quiet.
Pros
free lunches, simple work, friendly environment
Cons
very long hours, not much time to rest
Best Job I ever had
Good friendly staff and management. all criticism was positive and helped me to improve and become better at my job. I absolutely loved working here and am soon returning as I missed it too much. I would 100% recommend working for this company and the perks are fantastic too!
Pros
good perks, decent breaks, food provided, good perks, friendly environment, supportive management
average
pay wasnt great management wasnt either but a great place to learn i learnt alot of new cookery styles and banqueting but at a very low pay and under bad management i felt
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
very lovely place to work, all staff friendly.
I did part-time work over the summer. I settled in really well, and i was clearly told what to do. Managers and other members of the team were really lovely. I am going back for christmas and summer times.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Sometimes there were long hours
Professional workplace with a close knit family feel
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Sparrowhawk in Formby and working for Brunning & Price. An excellent comparing to work for and would recommend anyone seeking employment in the food industry to apply to work at a Brunning & Price establishment
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts