Brunning & Price Employee Reviews for Porter

decent place to work, but not permenantly
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Eridge Green, East Sussex14 March 2018
I worked for 10 weeks in one of their restaurants and even though it wasn't in a busy area there was still plenty to do. the hours are very steep if you aren't used to doing so much manual labour, I frequently worked from midday - 11pm, and you need to make sure you can find time to take a lunch break independently. the place was very well run, with no managerial issues and my colleagues were friendly, if mostly quiet.
Pros
free lunches, simple work, friendly environment
Cons
very long hours, not much time to rest
Professional workplace with a close knit family feel
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Formby, Lancashire19 June 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Sparrowhawk in Formby and working for Brunning & Price. An excellent comparing to work for and would recommend anyone seeking employment in the food industry to apply to work at a Brunning & Price establishment
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Newport, WLS21 July 2015
a typical day would consist of cleaning all the cutlery plates and glasses, as well as cleaning all surfaces, and floors, store rooms and the ovens, as putting away stock deliveries, it was a very tough job, requiring a lot of physical exertion, and determination to get all the work done, often working late into the night. the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a group environment, so it wasn't dull to work their.
Pros
free lunches
Very eye-opening experience
kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Woolhampton, West Berkshire28 October 2014
This job was very helpful as it helped me get used to working under pressure.
Typically a day at work would consist of setting up my station in the kitchen and maintaining a clean and efficient work space throughout my shift.
The management were effective but being part of the kitchen staff, it felt more distant from the management.
My co-workers were all a pleasure to work with. Every single one the the kitchen staff as well as most of the front-of-house staff made me feel welcome and as part of a team.
The hardest part of the job was working alone as a kitchen porter during very busy shifts at the weekends and keeping up with all of my duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect and learning how to react to situations under pressure.