Brunning & Price Employee Reviews

Complete Shambles
Bar attendent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2019
Never have I worked in such a disgraceful job EVER. Tips stolen, No breaks allowed (had to eat in the Kitchen), Chefs were complete lunatics, coming to work with Coke on there noses. The work load was off the scale. The chefs wound up delivery drivers so much they would leave the delivery's away from the door let alone come in. The list goes on..Avoid..
Wasn’t for me
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2019
Applied for the cleaning job at first was great worked with two other cleaners then it all went down hill Not good environment and felt put on by the other cleaners bullyish.
Pros
Paid on time one particular manager was lovely
Cons
Co workers not nice
Demanding and fun
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham10 February 2019
A vibrant array of different characters, each can be paired to the different ale or gin that you'll learn vast knowledge on. The team will become your second family and you'll be the punters number 1 confident. Although it can be slow at times there's never a dull moment.
very busy place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  wolhampton8 February 2019
a working day start with checking delivery and sorting them out,
then you start working whats on the prep list.
the hardest part of ob is to keep the young staff focus.
Pros
staff food up to £10 from menu and 1 staff drink after work
Decent payers but work work work
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire9 January 2019
Very fast paced jobs with a main focus on long shifts, typical of the industry. Decent payers with weekly pay packets just over minimum wage- although only just. Job heavily reliant on tips so pretty much 50-60 hours a week plus. Can take it’s toll after a while...
Pros
Staff food and tips
Cons
Long hours- no breaks
productive fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire24 November 2018
Is a fun place to work with nice staff. Get free lunches under £10 but you have to work 7 hours in order to get a break. Has a nice outdoor area, a family location.
Pros
free lunches under £10
Cons
is remote
Good Fun Place to workk
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Brewood, Staffordshire14 August 2018
Enjoyed working at Brunning and price unfortunately had to leave due to having a career to pursue but took a job working front of house whilst waiting to start my new role.
Advancement was there for employees if they wanted it. Work was fun and management easy to get on with
Good part time work for students.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 August 2018
Really flexible work schedule as a kitchen porter, but you can easily get sucked into extra work due to people needing shift cover etc. Good team, social bunch. Tips are not managed as well - they were kept in pockets in a box and someone kept stealing peoples tips.
Pros
Flexible workload and decrease/increase hours optional
Cons
Non sociable hours
Excellent Team and caring management
Waiter/Bartender and kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Chobham, Surrey4 July 2018
I had a great time working for B and P. Friendly work atmosphere with great customers and workers. I learnt a lot and gained many skills involving; food running, waiting and serving tables, making coffees, running the bar (opening it and closing it) KPing and I even did some cleaning shifts.
Pros
Free drink after shift and lunch if a long shift
Cons
Overstaffed sometimes
fun workplace with tons of things to keep you busy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2018
My day started off with restocking all the toiletries followed by cleaning the toilets and general cleaning.

I learned how to work quickly and to a high standard since the shift times were short.

The management was fine, nothing too outstanding about them, not too mean not too nice.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning the entire establishment within the given time alone when my team mates were off. Whereas the most enjoyable part was the variety of jobs i performed; never was I bored at that job.
Pros
free coffee, decent pay, nice co workers
Cons
short shifts
decent place to work, but not permenantly
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Eridge Green, East Sussex14 March 2018
I worked for 10 weeks in one of their restaurants and even though it wasn't in a busy area there was still plenty to do. the hours are very steep if you aren't used to doing so much manual labour, I frequently worked from midday - 11pm, and you need to make sure you can find time to take a lunch break independently. the place was very well run, with no managerial issues and my colleagues were friendly, if mostly quiet.
Pros
free lunches, simple work, friendly environment
Cons
very long hours, not much time to rest
Best Job I ever had
Bar Work and Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Brewood29 November 2017
Good friendly staff and management. all criticism was positive and helped me to improve and become better at my job. I absolutely loved working here and am soon returning as I missed it too much. I would 100% recommend working for this company and the perks are fantastic too!
Pros
good perks, decent breaks, food provided, good perks, friendly environment, supportive management
Fast paced restaurant
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Lancashire8 November 2017
Mix of fresh but mainly bought in produce as the business expands. Like many places very up and down with staff levels contributing to inconsistancy to any sort of shift patterns. Good incentives with bonus, tips and profit share scheme.
average
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire18 October 2017
pay wasnt great management wasnt either but a great place to learn i learnt alot of new cookery styles and banqueting but at a very low pay and under bad management i felt
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay
very lovely place to work, all staff friendly.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside28 September 2017
I did part-time work over the summer. I settled in really well, and i was clearly told what to do. Managers and other members of the team were really lovely. I am going back for christmas and summer times.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Sometimes there were long hours
Welcoming workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 August 2017
Working for a pub/restaurant is as anyone would expect both good and bad as some days can you can be rushed off your feet and working a 12 hour shift with ony one break as it's so busy, however there are days where it's more chilled out and more enjoyable to be working there.
Everyone within my workplace is amazing all members of staff are friendly, everyone gets on amazingly, we all work together as more like a family rather then just passing colleagues.
Being a waitress for this pub is good and adds to the experiences you need in life, such as social skills and confidence.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Fun Workplace
Bar/Waiting Staff (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire14 August 2017
A typical day consists of a 7 hour shift that is normally very busy. Day to day, I learn more about working closely with others and the importance of team work, communication and co-operation. My work place is led by a team of four managers, all of whom work well together and encourage the rest of the bar/waiting staff to do the same. Undoubtedly, the hardest part of the job is covering all the tables on a busy summer's day, in which we often have over 30 tables outside, all of whom are hoping for fast service from both the kitchen and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with 25 other waiting staff since we are all of the same age and live in the same area, creating a fun and lively working atmosphere.
Pros
Great experience with dealing with customers and also great fun
Cons
Long and tiring hours
Professional workplace with a close knit family feel
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Formby, Lancashire19 June 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Sparrowhawk in Formby and working for Brunning & Price. An excellent comparing to work for and would recommend anyone seeking employment in the food industry to apply to work at a Brunning & Price establishment
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts
Treat you like rubbish
Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Formby8 June 2017
The chefs treat you like rubbish, the managers are nice, but the head chef does have no sympathy for his Kitchen Porters, the dishwasher is always broken and there is never any hot water, they also cut my hours down without telling me so much that It was basically pointless to work there, but they still wanted me to hang on and do extra days and cover when I told them I had to focus on university.

Most of the chefs are nice, but some are really rude bullies there is no other way to put it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor working conditions
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire6 April 2017
i thoroughly enjoyed my day to day work. The staff are great and the opportunity to further and better yourself in the workplace is always there. they will also help give the training needed for any requirements for a promotion.