Brunelcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Brunelcare selected this as a representative review
Good strong reliable company
Team Leader for Bristol Services (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol21 February 2018
Great company to work for, now paying carers for their travel time rather than just face to face. Fantastic induction with an ethical ethos towards care.
Axcellent staff and team work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, Somerset9 March 2017
A typical day at work would be,getting the residents washed and dressed ready for their breakfast,and using the moving and handling skills i had attained, which would entail, hoisting them into a wheelchair and taking them to the lounge for their meals.

I have learned patience, understanding ,and empathy, but most of all to give them dignity and respect.

The hardest part of the job for me was finding out that one of the clients you were looking after had passed away, the old addage say's that you shouldnt get attached but how can you not,they have such an impact on your life it's impossible not too.

The most enjoyable part for me was seeing the smile's on there faces when they recognised you,especially if they hadn't seen you for a day or two.
Reablement Support Worker (Current Employee) –  bristol21 February 2017
Good place to work , support is always provided.
Learning new skills on a daily basis , working as a team. Provides good opportunity's to all staff .
Stressful but rewarding
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset1 February 2017
A typical day at work is often tiring and can be stressful, however, it is very rewarding as you are making a difference. Ive learned a lot about a lot of medical conditions, treatments and medications. The hardest part of the job is working alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is when people are pleased to see you.
Management issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 January 2017
The staff (for example, the ladies who do the care and there seniors) are brilliant but the management (for example, team leaders and above) have some major issues. They look down on staff.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Well what can I say
Great place to work!
Temp (Former Employee) –  HQ21 November 2016
This is honestly the most caring organisation that I have worked for - the people make this place be in in Care Homes, Community or the Head Office staff
Pros
Friendly
Cons
N/a
Supportive and fun
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 November 2016
I have worked for Brunelcare for nearly 6 years now and its the most supportive, friendly and positive culture I have ever worked in. I have been encouraged to challenge the status quo, try out new ideas and develop within my roles; all of which has felt satisfying. I have worked within two different teams in my time here, and both roles allowed me the freedom to thrive and enjoy my work. It is like being part of one big family, and colleagues really do care - about their work, those we care for and each other. Its a work environment that definitely makes the challenging days easier to deal with!
Pros
flexible, caring, empowering, better work-life balance
Enjoyable place to work
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare30 October 2016
A nice, friendly, caring company. The management listened and cared about carers opinions. Had a good team whilst I was there, and the team leader didn't look down on us, and treated us with respect.
Pros
Team work
Cons
travel time
Company does not consider employee welfare
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea23 September 2016
Company does not look after employee welfare ...regarding rest periods between shifts .you could finsh pm shift at 10pm and then start again at 7am next day ....lack of rest periods no breaks during shifts from 7am until 2pm ..then restart pm shift at 4pm
Management look after themselves ....
If it wasn't for the community carers doing extra , some of the clients would never have food in their homes
The car milage does not cover the wear and tear ...
The employees can not have Holidays when they choose because of staff shortages ....but the management do
Pros
Cons
No holidays of choice ...long hours
Care work review
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol5 September 2016
Overall, Brunel Care are a fairly good company to work for. They can be flexible with hours and work, and are efficient. During a typical days work, I would care for clients in their own homes and supporting when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone happy, whereas the most difficult is watching someone deteriorate and become more ill.
happy fun workplace
center manager (Current Employee) –  waverley gardens ,bristol18 July 2016
I like a good balance between office work and spending time with tenants
I feel by delegating and working as a team this is achievable the hardest part of my job is when tenants are upset but it is a part of the job i know i have to deal with
good employer
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom13 July 2016
Management aret here when you need them , fair employers. Lovely floor staff and lovely tenants that make the job worth going to.
Pros
pension scheme
Cons
no career progression
Friendly and Enjoyable
Administrator (Current Employee) –  BS2128 April 2016
I began working for Brunelcare and the administration apprentice last year. My contract was two years long, however, I was promoted after one year. This company has great opportunities for job advancement and is very approachable and friendly. Staff listen to one another and build up friendships with many other staff members. It is a great company to work for as you will also be heard and your opinions will always be considered.
Pros
Fun, friendly & great cause.
nice work place
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG14 January 2016
brunel care was a lovely place to work enjoyed the people and the employees that work their but the management staff were not very helpful from my experience
Pros
fun place, nice employees
Cons
long hours and management
Caring and Embracing
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG13 December 2015
At Saffron Gardens our aim is to provide the best possible care to our residents. Making the place as homely as possible and embracing the idea that what we do contribute positively to the everyday life of our residents.
Pros
workign in a diversy place
Cons
working weekends
One of the best!
domacilliary carer (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater18 September 2015
Having worked for the company for 5 years, I can honestly say its one of the best out there. Having worked for other companies.
Brilliant up to date training. Some flexibility and great team members.
It has unsociable hours, but that's part of the job. And the wear and tear on your vehicle is up to you! Great mileage allowance compared with other companies. Paid meetings too. They pay for your NVQ2, and even give you a reward for doing it. Free uniform and induction - which they pay you to attend. Along with mileage.
Free insurance cover should you die whilst employed with them.
28 days paid holidays - double pay on bank holidays and Christmas/new year.
Tend to have a little trouble covering holidays and sickness, and only 2 carers allowed holidays in any one week, one at the weekend.
Book your holidays early or you wont get them!
I found on occasion, bad communication between office & carers. Example: not being informed of cancelled calls.
Pros
Fab company to work for
Cons
Bad communication between office & Carers, unsociable working hours.
Lovely place to work
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Head Office7 July 2015
I have enjoyed working at Brunelcare with great support from the team and lots of opportunities. Training provided to help me with my job and everyone happy to help when needed.
Pros
The team
overall a good place to work
Business/Admin apprentice (Former Employee) –  bristol25 June 2015
I enjoyed my time working here, was paid well over min wage for an apprentice and got on really well with the staff and residents.
Pros
Flexible, good working relationships
Cons
sometimes stressful
very busy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  bristol17 June 2014
typical day at work
opening office at 7 , make sure the unit is safe and all the staff is working ,
create rotas for next day, make appointments for service users ( doctor, hospital ..
checked emails
typical office paper work,
checked if all the trainings are up to date
meeting
working supervisions
payroll ( end of each months)

the hardest part of the job is managing staff ( as I am the youngest person in the company )
The most enjoyable part of the job....to hear from service user THANK YOU
Pros
helping people
Cons
always doing overtimes
great workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishponds, ENG2 February 2014
great workplace, lovely tenants. Brunel care has really great benefits whilst working there.
Pros
tenants, staff, breaks
Cons
sometimes the work rota s a bit messy
Very understanding and approachable company
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, ENG2 February 2014
Amazing team and lovely clients but unrealistic traveling time between calls which can be very stressful. Have to work many hours in order to earn a decent wage as you only get paid for time at call which is often only 15 minuites. Good fuel allowance but does not cover wear and tear of your car, loneworking at night can be unnerving especially in rough areas and poorly lit places. Very nice co-workers and supportive team, company supply employers with a first aid kit and personal alarm and offers good variable training. Calls are not geographically matched which results in more traveling from one area to another.
Pros
Understanding and approachable company
Cons
Traveling time and long hours for little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunelcare. Our community is ready to answer.