Brunelcare Management reviews

Excellent supportive employer
Annon (Current Employee) –  Annon19 June 2019
I have worked for this company for over 10 years and have always been really impressed with the commitment of management to make it a good place to work for it's employees and to put the elderly people it supports at the centre of everything it does.

This Charity is truly supportive of it's employees. They have given me development opportunity after development opportunity, supported me to get my qualifications and given me great work life balance when I started a family of my own.

They are not about money making and profit as they are a Charity and they really care about their employees and customers.

I would really recommend them.

Pros
Great development and support
No support
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 June 2019
On moving departments management went supportive at all. Previous role within brunelcare was slightly better but not great. Management would not support me with a client I new well after 3 years. Not good.
Pros
Pay coming in
Cons
Management lacking
21 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience working with us at Brunelcare.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel your time with Brunelcare was positive. We have reviewed and discussed your comments as a team as we want to do everything we can to make our employees, experience a really positive one.

Your comments are really important to us as we are determined to ensure that we continually improve for all of our employees. We acknowledge there will be times when we get things wrong and we will learn from these experiences moving forward.

We have raised your comments with the director responsible for Community Services and I know that she is keen to understand the background that has led to your dissatisfaction. If you feel you would like to offer us further details to allow us to fully look into your comments, then please do make contact. We will be happy to look into your comments fully so that we can seek to make positive changes as a result.

Our very best wishes for the future and we hope you will consider working with us again if the chance presents itself.

Shocked to say the least.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury22 March 2019
I enjoyed working at Brunel care, I was in my probationary period, so I’d been there about a 6 weeks, I took a couple days off because I was so unwell. Before realising that my problem was then becoming something very severe, I had taken a few days off work to be able to get better, in this time I was taken to hospital where I was for 2 weeks and in that time having an operation, through this whole period keeping work informed, my manager kept asking to do house visits, was extremely rude to my mother on the phone, and then sent me a letter a week later stating ‘21 days off work is not exceptable in this workplace’ I’m not sure what I find more shocking, that she did this after my mother declined her into our home whilst I was recovering or that she fired me whilst I was on sick leave with a sick note.
Overall the staff was amazing and I enjoyed the job. Management is absolutely awful.
Pros
Staff were great and so helpful.
Cons
Being fired on sick.
27 March 2019

I am sorry to hear that you felt your experience of working with Brunelcare was not a positive one. We have a robust and supportive absence management process and always try and tailor the approach and support provided based on individual circumstances. Our key focus is always providing a good service to our customers and supporting employees is a big part of that. We can't comment on individual cases but if you would like to discuss this matter further, please get in touch with our HR team.

Avoid
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset14 January 2019
management look down on carers, make rules up as they go along and do not meet clients needs unless they pay privately. Paid per visit and not per shift.
Shift start at 7am till 2pm but only get paid 4 hours because of gaps. Travel time between clients is never enough, team leader will ignore complaints about this from carers. Avoid working for Brunel unless you have a degree in maths as you will need this to work your wage slip out. Wages always wrong and you have to argue to be paid correctly. If you take a shift off sick they take 6 hours pay but if it’s annual leave they only pay 4 hours. Not a pleasant company to work for.
Clients lovely, but without some of the carers going above and beyond their duties ( and not being paid ) many of these clients would not have food in the cupboards. Shame management at Brunel do not recognise that their carers are not happy before they all leave the sinking ship.
Pros
Training
Cons
Bad management, Travel time, unpaid gaps between clients, wage disputes, begging to work on days off, no praise or encouragement
5 February 2019

This may seem like a standard reply but it is not, we have reviewed and discussed your comments as a team and we want to do everything we can to make our employees experience a positive one.

What you have written is important, we are determined to ensure that we use it to help us to improve on the commitment we make to you and all of our employees. We are always looking at ways in which we can provide a higher level of service to employees and clients alike. We acknowledge there will be times when we get things wrong and we will learn from these experiences moving forward.

What you have written has been raised with the director responsible and the registered manager and I know that they are keen to understand the background that has led to your dissatisfaction. They will be looking into your comments fully and seeking to make positive changes as a result

Management only got 1 star as counld not do 0
Carer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 November 2017
working for brunelcare was the worst years of my life.
the staff were ok but the management were awful
The ABC centre and Woodland court were the worst for neglecting staff needs.
I would not recommend Brunelcare but try one if the other care agencys
For example: St monicas trust
Prestige
or many more.
Not the best
Senior Reablement worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CT1 November 2017
Great for experience with hospital discharge however very clicky and did not manage certain staff when problems occurred. Left issues to breed for to long so it became a very unpleasant place to work. I left earlier then intended due to a staff member being allowed to continue bad practice.
Unprofessional workers with the wrong attitude towards the client group. Serious concerns were raised with no follow up
The home is nice, management is not
Housekeeper/Carer (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury30 June 2017
They are a good company to work for, but sadly I've only been there 5yrs and we have had 4 managers who each time want to put changes in place and not always for the best, the home itself is lovely and so is my team, but management is not good so a lot of staff are leaving reluctantly 😔
Pros
No uniform needed, just black trousers and nice top
Cons
Don't always get your breaks
Management issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 January 2017
The staff (for example, the ladies who do the care and there seniors) are brilliant but the management (for example, team leaders and above) have some major issues. They look down on staff.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Well what can I say
Enjoyable place to work
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare30 October 2016
A nice, friendly, caring company. The management listened and cared about carers opinions. Had a good team whilst I was there, and the team leader didn't look down on us, and treated us with respect.
Pros
Team work
Cons
travel time
Company does not consider employee welfare
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea23 September 2016
Company does not look after employee welfare ...regarding rest periods between shifts .you could finsh pm shift at 10pm and then start again at 7am next day ....lack of rest periods no breaks during shifts from 7am until 2pm ..then restart pm shift at 4pm
Management look after themselves ....
If it wasn't for the community carers doing extra , some of the clients would never have food in their homes
The car milage does not cover the wear and tear ...
The employees can not have Holidays when they choose because of staff shortages ....but the management do
Pros
Cons
No holidays of choice ...long hours
A great company to work for which gives each individual a chance to be the best that they can be.
PA to Chief Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG6 August 2013
Could not complete the star rating for Brunelcare as only a certain number of stars were able to be highlighted. However, in all respects my overall ratings for Brunelcare would be 5 stars.
Typical day at work would be meet with CEO to discuss priorities for the day, then making sure these were dealt with
Most days involving tracking down and liaising with other staff
ok company
Field supervisor / carer (Current Employee) –  berrow2 May 2013
care company ... visiting elderly in their homes, which includes personal care, domestic, sits, shopping.

management ok