Brunelcare

Brunelcare Employee Reviews in Glastonbury

Glastonbury3 reviews
They are a good company to work for, but sadly I've only been there 5yrs and we have had 4 managers who each time want to put changes in place and not always for the best, the home itself is lovely and so is my team, but management is not good so a lot of staff are leaving reluctantly 😔
Pros
No uniform needed, just black trousers and nice top
Cons
Don't always get your breaks
I enjoyed working at Brunel care, I was in my probationary period, so I’d been there about a 6 weeks, I took a couple days off because I was so unwell. Before realising that my problem was then becoming something very severe, I had taken a few days off work to be able to get better, in this time I was taken to hospital where I was for 2 weeks and in that time having an operation, through this whole period keeping work informed, my manager kept asking to do house visits, was extremely rude to my mother on the phone, and then sent me a letter a week later stating ‘21 days off work is not exceptable in this workplace’ I’m not sure what I find more shocking, that she did this after my mother declined her into our home whilst I was recovering or that she fired me whilst I was on sick leave with a sick note.
Overall the staff was amazing and I enjoyed the job. Management is absolutely awful.
Pros
Staff were great and so helpful.
Cons
Being fired on sick.
Official response from Brunelcare
27 March 2019
I am sorry to hear that you felt your experience of working with Brunelcare was not a positive one. We have a robust and supportive absence management process and always try and tailor the approach and support provided based on individual circumstances. Our key focus is always providing a good service to our customers and supporting employees is a big part of that. We can't comment on individual cases but if you would like to discuss this matter further, please get in touch with our HR team.
A typical day at work would be,getting the residents washed and dressed ready for their breakfast,and using the moving and handling skills i had attained, which would entail, hoisting them into a wheelchair and taking them to the lounge for their meals.

I have learned patience, understanding ,and empathy, but most of all to give them dignity and respect.

The hardest part of the job for me was finding out that one of the clients you were looking after had passed away, the old addage say's that you shouldnt get attached but how can you not,they have such an impact on your life it's impossible not too.

The most enjoyable part for me was seeing the smile's on there faces when they recognised you,especially if they hadn't seen you for a day or two.