Brunel University Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
it was a great place to work at, never had any problems and had a very nice time in group with all the other employers. I will decently would repeat another year working at Brunel and probably everyone that has worked there.
Pros
free lunches
Nice
Part-time Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2018
I worked as a student ambassador. I called candidate students that were thinking of joining Brunel for the same postgraduate course that I did, and answered any queries that they had.
Brunel University
Computing Officer (Current Employee) –  London5 August 2018
A fun place to work with good people and team members. A great personal development system to build individual skills.

Line-management not always consistent but, from my experience, always fair and approachable with any issues resolved.
fun work place
Senior PAL Leader (Former Employee) –  Brunel University15 July 2018
fun, easy going work place.. felt like a social environment rather than work. interacting with students and lecturers good opportunity to meet new people and network. balanced around studies and other commitments.
Pros
good pay, sometimes free snacks and works around timetable
Cons
too less hours
fun
Resident Handy Man (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge12 July 2018
. In a working environment I always seek to carry out tasks with the minimum of inconvenience, keeping within set deadlines thereby giving an excellent level of customer service. As well as being able to guide and motivate my colleagues, I am a swift hands on worker with a very keen eye for detail.
Lovely workplace
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge7 June 2018
Typical day: checking and fixing student rooms
Management: professional
Workplace culture: high standart
The hardest part of job: toilet block
the most enjoyable part of the job: contact with students
Not worth the time.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brunel University28 May 2018
The managers continued miscommunication about intended roles lead to being placed in the wrong cafe on campus all year. I applied in September, got hired in November and then didn't get given regular shifts at any point throughout the terms.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unreliable
Great all round
Senior Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2018
So many opportunities for students, so much support, great rates of pay as a student. Great community and careers service is award winning so that speaks for itself.
excellant place to work
temp position for the summer (Former Employee) –  mfg29 January 2018
Met some interesting new people, i had a blast learning a new range of maintenance skills amongst great guys, plus new ways of getting the job done in an efficient manner
great place to study and work
Data Surveyor (Former Employee) –  london11 December 2017
Great place to work, as the management is supportive and flexible working hours. Time for short breaks. great place to work, and wonderful staff and colleagues
Great people.
Communications Amabassador (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
Great company, with an excellent environment. Always looking to the future for new and exciting challenges. I worked here as a volunteer, refer to another review for a better take on Brunel.
Work was fine
Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2017
Typical day of work was fine, there was no problems, i didn't learn much at Brunel, all i was doing was clearing the heavy things that students had left behind, management was horrible, they had no idea what any of us were there to do, also hired way too many employees, which lead to them firing us all due to lack of work, there wasn't anything particularly hard about the job, nor was there much enjoyable, the best part was just getting on with the work.
Pros
Good Work
Cons
Didn't last long
Stressful
Student (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge15 August 2017
I was a student. the course was hard and no work life balance even though it was supposed to be integral.Too much pressure and not enough balance with the system.
Pros
qualification
Cons
tough
Small but located in London
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2017
The location is nice because it is around London. It has relatively valued-restarants. As a temporary worker, I have not experienced many things there.
Productive and a Fun place to work
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London9 June 2017
I only went there for a limited amount of time however it is a very fun place to work and meet new people. I did several workshops here and has so much fun. :-)
Pros
making new friends
Cons
boring sometimes
healthrow airport
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  uxbridge4 May 2017
I worked at brunel unversity as a team player doing cleaning student halls . doing there rooms , kitchen toliet . shower , stairs,
other cleaning place to do. i injoyed worked in a part of the job.
i fine it easy to work the management were all right to work for
i worked there for 4 years i only left my to bring up my childern
they are grown up now so i can worked again
This was a part-time position
Part-Time Counselling Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, UK8 April 2017
Mainly entails making appointments for the students who look for the counselling services, advertise the service in the campus, take minutes of meetings and distribute correspondence. Monitoring the stationary cupboard.
Pros
Cons
Very far away to drive
Residences Mentor
Residences Mentor (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London7 April 2017
Act as a role model in order to positively impact on student’s wellbeing
Assist and lead in planning events for the students, develop and promote initiatives which encourage and involve the student community.
Proactively communicate between students, the University, the student union, the University’s stakeholders and business partners.
Provide guidance support to a diverse range of students’ needs.
Poor in Facilities
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  London, UK24 March 2017
Working in Brunel is a good experience. I have worked in Wolfson Centre. The laboratories in the centre are good but there are not many facilities for sample testing and characterization.
Fun and active workpalce
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2017
On a typical day at work I would conduct campus tours for prospective students as well as parents. In an orderly fashion I undertake many social events held at the university such as; open days, sports days and other events. There is many parts of the job I enjoyed such as communicating and socialising with others, as well as working as a team with my colleagues. However there are some limitations to the job such as hours of work can sometimes not work in your favour. This meant that I would be delegated a role that may not fit in with my timetable, but I make it my best efforts to deliver the job with the highest of quality and enthusiasm.
Pros
salary was helpful towards my living costs
Cons
working hours would not always be in my favour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunel University. Our community is ready to answer.

Brunel University Reviews by Location