Brownsword Hotels

Brownsword Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
A typical working day is mostly enjoyable until it gets busy and management puts too much stress onto normal employees.

The upper management is often clueless for example an Ops manager not knowing the restaurant menu or how to operate the till, as well as not knowing the price of packages the hotel offers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends.
Pros
Job progression
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no staff food
No professionalism, if you raise an issue you are concerned about expect to be ostracised.
Shockingly low rate of pay, massive responsibility. Personal health and safety measures not in place.
Pros
Nice setting
Cons
Low pay, no support
Hard work, little support then they act surprised when you leave. Promise you a lot and look after you for about 3//4 weeks drop you, with staff not even having hygiene certificates or basic kowledge
Pros
Lovely hotels
Cons
Everything else .. generally a con to work for
Unbelievably poor management and hours. No training nor support when needed. No praise and always your fault. Staff turnover is a laughing stock and wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
Cons
...I was a KP on a small team of 3 but had daily interaction with all the chefs and waiting staff . I lived in the Cotswolds so I already knew about the beautiful building and gardens -But what came as a very pleasant surprise was how friendly the staff are and how welcoming they are to all nationalities , ages etc... Also , during my time as KP other opportunities arose for carreer development within the company - Another big plus for me was that I found the management to be very approachable , very reasonable and very capable in all my dealings with them - In short , my time as KP has been such a positive experience
Pros
Excellent team comradery -Career opportunities - Free Lunch
Cons
sad to leave :-(
Any hotel career is hard work but Brownsword is really quite a hard stint to do. Beautiful hotels and great product, but unstructured support for the sales team and a fearful culture created by CD and other directors in the chain. I was often ill before management meetings fearful of not doing things perfectly. Not a nice job to be in and I was glad to leave.
Pros
Stunning hotels
Cons
unapproachable and tyrant directorship
very high standards, professional people, very good training. long hours but rewarding. good pay as well. you need a car if you want to move around
Pros
staff meals, staff accommodation
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brownsword Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9