Brooks Automation Employee Reviews

Stressful and poor management
IT Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA29 March 2018
If you enjoy working in a cut-throat, stressful environment then this company is for you. Management style for many of the management staff is questionable. Not a good work environment. People were very stressed out and angry. I was glad to leave that environment.
Could not recommend
Vice President of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford18 February 2018
I have enjoyed every job that I have had over my 30 year career. Outside of this one.
I cannot recommend this company for quality professionals. If you are an engineer, it may offer opportunities to exercise your talent but because products are rushed, there are more often than not issues. Customers get upset and quality has to go in front of customers to hear their complaints while knowing all along, products will continue to be rushed, and issues will continue to happen. There is no commitment to quality.
Pros
My boss was great, but he has left he company
Cons
Jobs are rushed, quality suffers
Collaborative, vision and quality oriented
Capstone Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA23 January 2018
>Solving problems and analyzing possible outcomes on robot functionality improvements is profoundly enticing.
>Brainstorming and Exchanging feedback and ideas as a source of collaboration and great organization of work flow is a great deal of learning experience.
Global Consolidation Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA2 December 2017
Great it was a fun work environment and it taught me a lot as an intern in the business field. It was stressful but at the same time enjoyable. Great place.
I had no choice
Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poway, CA22 November 2017
Brooks took over the company I worked for (Nexus BioSystems). When they decided to move the "center of excellence" to England, I was not offered a position.
Fun place to work, loved the people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR16 November 2017
Assembled robots for the semi conductor industry. It was a form of production line. Days always started at the same time, and ended at the same time.
Pros
It was a job when I needed it
Cons
low pay, no advazncement
Fun place to work
Facilities Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN2 November 2017
A gym at the workplace, town hall meetings to keep the employers abreast with latest proceedings at Brooks, regular food trucks were also fun. Great manager and the growth of the company is tremendous.
Pros
A gym at the workplace
Cons
Low salary
Exciting and challenging
Technical Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA25 October 2017
Very exciting and challenging time working here. Challenging because the task was to stay updated with the ever -changing technology.
It was an exciting time in robotic technology and a very enjoyable experience.
Pros
travel, pay, training, flexibility
Cons
leaving
Ok company, but bad management.
Electro Mechanical Assembler III (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA10 October 2017
Not a bad company to work at, but management and people their favor each other, if you do not kiss up to them, your not moving up or getting a fair raise.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
managment not fair
Summery
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA6 October 2017
The company is good to work for but my management is poor.
The benefits are good and the working people are awesome to work with. Just don't approve of my manager.
Brooks Automation was a good place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA8 September 2017
Worked in one of the acquired business units for Brooks Automation. This business unit functioned as a stand alone product line within the Brooks Automation Campus. Had to Learn how to deal with all of the inter department support functions for this business unit.
Pros
Work culture, and facility was good.
Cons
Management turn over was high.
Brooks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA18 August 2017
Brooks was an excellent place to work at. The staff makes it a better environment. Training was really good and clear. If given the opportunity to work there again I wouldn't hesitate.
Pros
Great staff and easy environment to work.
Cons
Temp to permanent ratio could use work.
productive and fun
Technician, Magnetron Robot (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA6 July 2017
Very friendly and humble people who will help you when needed but no fingerholding.
Was allowed to participate in many meetings with not a direct focus to my job, in a sense, allowed to have a hollistic view of the company.
Mentorship is provided, allowed to experiment a little.
overworked underpayed
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA26 March 2017
title says it all no work life balance at all no advancement and no opportunities. very clickie management is clueless and disconnected from workers.
Great Management in place
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA14 March 2017
They did a very good job of taking care of all the employees in the company, no matter what your role was. They also understood I was an intern looking to develop my business experience and gave me many appropriate opportunities to do so.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA10 March 2017
Brooks Automation is a good company to work in. A lot of overtime, flexible and good management. There is sufficient opportunity to grow within the company.
Supervisor of the Import/Export and Shipping/Receiving
Supervisor Shipping/Receiving and Import/Export (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR27 February 2017
Excellent job. Worked with hourly employees as well as management. My background for this job started with being a claims writer for a Customs Brokerage house.
Pros
Physical job; frequent contact with other employees as well as management.
Cons
Company was sold moved to another state
productive and fun.
ElectroMechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA 0182424 February 2017
This job gave me so much experience with mechanical assembling.
the boss's were great and took care of the employees. the hardest part about this job is reading the blue prints of the machines we had to build. overall This job was a fun place to work for.
No longer an active facility
Factory Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA19 February 2017
when the factory was operational it was a very fast paced work environment with strict deadlines and very little room for error. plus lower level workers were often tasked with finding issues with products.
No SR Management Interaction. Too much politics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA29 December 2016
Company was fun to work at before 2012. Once the new CEO was placed, all he care about was Life Sciences. He didn't care about the current products being offered. Sr. Management has no clue why employees are leaving and our customers are unsatisfied with the quality of products and lead time.

Incompetent people get rewarded while hard workers get overlooked.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No communication, no support from Sr. Management