Brooknight Security Employee Reviews

Rubbish company STAY AWAY
CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 September 2019
Absolute disgrace to work for promises promises at interview when you get job it's a farce rubbish wages 0 hours contract staff can't speak English absolute shambles stay away 4 on 4 off no chance
fun work plice
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  primark17 September 2019
typical day at work is watching c.c.t.v keeping an eye on customers. being polite and helpful has and when

what i learned is what is required as security as a supervisor to do rotar and rotait staff

the management they are not quick enough to solve problems and not engaged with the staff

work place culture is great.

the hardest part of the job is when shoplifters arnt complying and when you tell customers not to use esculaters when they have puch chairs

the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  All uk25 August 2019
It good company to work for with no problems for me I do my job as a supervisor and work on site with How security officers and no. Problems with company
Good
Cons
Company that you should avoid
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 August 2019
Hi,

I just finished my career with Brooknight Security as a CCTV Controller.

First thing that you will find there when you will start training is a big valued kebab maker who left his country to be your manager in that dirty office.
at the beginning everything will be ok, he will be your friend but just because he has to do his stuff and leave everything on your back after you learn everything so he can vanish and move to his day-shifts like a boss.

Once again, you will never do day shifts as per your "Trainer which he was awarded for Manager with no reason, on contracts it says both days'n'nights but actually you will be full of night shift.

To be honest, that trainer who will be your trainer and manager in the same time is the bad piece of the company and he will make you to leave after he is full of you.

I recommend this Company just to work in the administration team, the girls from there are awesome and lovely, but be careful as your trainer will say to you to avoid them with no reason.

Avoid control room, if you are new, you will get holiday when everyone has already took his holiday for whole year so as per 24/7 work on Control room, you will need to come to work, when your trainer will promise you that everyone is correct or fair, he is talking rubbish, he stole everyone s shifts because he has to pay his bills, but, as per last email who is not conformed with the shifts allowed for every employee he is happy to hire new controllers.

And cctv licence? don't think about it, one of my friends has a year and he did not received any licence.

you
  more... will do actually 2 jobs, watching CCTV when nothing happens and talking on the phone and do the managers job.

That trainer eats your brain treat you like a slave just for £9.00/h.
But here is not the end, at the start you will be paid with £8.50, after 3 months £8.75 then another 3 months to be paid with £9.00 but after this only if your kebab maker trainer will be happy with your work and you licked his bum-bum very good.

One more thing, never to say something more intelligent than your manager, he will put his bum-bum on the table and he will raise the voice on you saying " I'm warning you!"

Good luck with this job,

One last thing, get rid of trash people and your company will grow after this.
Mickey Mouse Company
Store Detective (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2019
Avoid. Too many managers, control is useless, when u phone them 4 any reason, they tell u to contact your manager, you ask for HR, they tell u we don't have a direct line. Any excuses not to speak to u.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
One last advice: don't tell them you drive or u be a puppet.
Wonderful place to work in store.
Static Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Primark8 August 2019
I worked as a security guard at Primark responsible for 2 levels of floor. Met and greeted customers when working front of store to provide a friendly and welcoming environment. Ensured potential shoplifters were deterred and having a presence within the store.
very poor 2 faced liars
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grimsby5 August 2019
I have worked for good and bad companies in my life but Brooknight what a bad place to work !! (Very POOR) regards for staff and the pay, it was just terrible for what was expected from you.
But there again if you don't expect a lot you will not be disappointed!!
Pros
Cons
Long days very small pay 100% bad
Good fun place to work with al systems working well
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire31 July 2019
A very fun easygoing team that all work well together, all problems get sorted out on the spot, or at least solutions put into place to help. This is a true team that bend over to help
Pros
Lost of overtime
Brilliant company to work for
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  N.Ireland30 July 2019
I love working for Brooknight, they give support when needed and let you get on with your job. Support office is brilliant, always ready to lend a helping hand
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Nil
Professional Company and Superb Duty Manager!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim30 July 2019
Good company to work for and the communication from the management to employees is excellent! Throughly enjoying my time with this company and hope my time here continues to be a good experience.
Working at Brooknight
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  North West30 July 2019
I find working for Brooknight easy really as long as you do your job properly and professionally you don't have a problem. i find in my area Northwest management are easily contactable and respond to calls as soon as they can. if your looking for work within security industry they are a good company to work for .
Liars
Relief officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 July 2019
Was employed as a relief officer o. £10.50phr!!! 27p mile fuel allowance.All lies ! They advertise £10.50phr for relief officers but when you get paid you will see it's £8.21phr minimum wage.They lie to you the company needs suing and put into extinction!!!! Seriously!!!! Apply for employment and find out if I'm lying.Dont it,we need this company vanished!need this company
Great company with great progression
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 July 2019
Having worked for brooknight for over 16 months now I have progressed through the ranks from a security Officer to an operations manager, throughout my career there has been a support network to rely on along with a close management team
Pros
Salary, benefits, good job progression
Cons
Occasional long hours
I look forward to coming to work now
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex23 July 2019
I've been employed by Brooknight for just over a year now.
Every day is different. You meet some fantastic people.
unlike most other security companies the officers are allowed to chat with customers and staff. As well as security experience you receive a lot of customer service experience.
A few managers have come and gone. id imagine this is because some managers (and security officers) aren't pulling their weight - this company is NOT afraid of replacing those who are not doing their jobs or slacking.

only quit due to relocation- They tried to give me another place to work in the area that I was living but it was too far away
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
last wage is sent as cheque
Low pay , very high expectations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 July 2019
I will suggest anybody not to work with brooknight security. They don't have that many contract sites.
Limited option. If you don't listen to them , they take revenge by taking off shifts. Control room staff are very unprofessional , some of the managers are very rude. Waist of time to work with brooknight security. Pay minimum wages but expectations are too high .
Its kind of a big mission to get approved holidays.
So many colleague of mine left because of managers bad behaviour.
Pros
Cons
Low paid, lack of communication, unprofessional control room staff and management.
Not the best company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wrexham16 July 2019
Been with them a few years and got well and truly shafted with a disciplinary because of a primark manager with a personal vendetta and ended up being suspended with no pay and a final written warning given.

As a consequence I was not aloud to work at a particular site and no alternative locations were available except for 35 miles away so was forced to leave even though there were vacancies 11 miles away.

So I'd like to thank Brooknight for dropping me in it by me losing over 2 weeks pay and put me and my partner in financial difficulty.

On a plus side I managed to get a job with the MOD and am now on 5k more a year.

After four years I got a resignation acknowledgement and not a single thanks for anything.

Your just a clock number and no matter how hard you work it don't mean a thing that's why we were on regional manager number 6.

I wouldn't work for them ever again..be warned
Pros
Reliable work some primark staff great
Cons
About as appreciated as a garden table
Worst company ever PERIOD.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent11 July 2019
Dont work for this company.Best thing ive done was leave.Use to get double pay on bank holidays until they stopped it.Probally to keep the prices down so the client will stay with them.My advice and like so many others STAY AWAY.
Stealing your details
Security Officer (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Primark Newcastle5 July 2019
Went for a interview with this idiots, one supposed to be a manager at primark take pictures of all my documents and been told that I will getting a call back from the Head office.

Don't go near them...
Pros
Cons
Personal data stolen by them
Only join this company if you are REALLY desperate.. and even then don’t bother
CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire4 July 2019
Shambles of a company they expect you to work well below minimum wage on a 0 hour contract and if you leave they try their best not to pay you... can’t even speak to HR as they are ‘non-contactable’ via phone... end up receiving a cheque in the post 3 weeks after you was supposed to get paid.

The so called ‘control room’ is nothing but a small empty room with old screens and computers, its dirty, small and uncomfortable to work in how this company makes any money I have no clue.

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything
Terrible is an understatement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear16 June 2019
Its all been said before so I will make it brief. Brooknight do not respect you and you are basically there to be ripped off by them. If you really want to find out the hard way, go ahead and apply. You will be seriously mugged off on a zero hour contract on minimum wage.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
The whole company and its ethos