Play YouTube video button
Brooknight Security

Brooknight Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom131 reviews
Featured review
Brooknight Security selected this as a representative review
Amazing Company

Fantastic management. Great employees. Staff is amazing. Enjoyable work-load.

Can get busy some days , but all good overall

Never had issues :)
Not the best company to work for, go through operational managers like there’s no tomorrow, zero hour contract, very unprofessional control room , been no well done to front line staff such as the guards for working day day in day out through the pandemic although the control room staff have been congratulated on their performance even though there is no risk to their health, it’s a joke, look at the good reviews the area they come from is Milton Keynes which happens to be were their control room is, ops managers tell you they’ll pay you extra if you cover another site, this never happens, have to be the most scruffy security company out there, uniform is untidy, Brooknight look after the smaller Primarks, the big flag ship stores are contracted to another company.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Control room and management are a complete shambles
Letting people work without cctv licences in control room!!!! Horrible company and not paid enough for the job that needs to be done
Management treat you like a invalid. The location is primark and the staff working as sales advisor think that they know more then cctvs
I was employed by brooknight for a period of time within the management structure. I experienced bullying, harassment and fraudulent activities on a daily basis. All of which were covered up and even praised at points.

The turnover of operations managers was the worst I have ever seen in my 24 years in the industry which led to unsatisfied customers.

The vehicle fleet was so poorly managed that I changed cars every month and had a hefty tax bill when I left due to their incompetence.

As management we were expected to answer calls from a drunk senior manager at midnight and when on holiday who then swore when he would not get the answer he wanted. There was no work life balance.

Shifts were impossible to cover with no staff as there was not a sufficient recruitment process in place. Staff were added into and taken from shifts without the responsible manager being made away then the said manager was punished for having gaps or no shows.

Promotion was promised on numerous occasions with none bearing fruit.

However some of the staff were excellent and in other companies would truly shine. The officers in general were great and a pleasure to work with often helping at the last minute. With the correct management in place and a few key demotions it would be a good company to work for.
I am writing an honest review, when I say that this was 'the worst security company I ever worked for full stop. My biggest mistake was to sign the zero hours contract; seriously I may as well had signed in blood. That's because as soon as I saw how they were running their business, and how unorganised the management was. I changed my mind and did not want to work for them; but as I had signed the contract with more holes in it than a swiss cheese it was too late to escape the expenses added if you leave this company in less than a month. The expenses are the following; if you leave between 1-3 months cost for training and uniform is £169 and in case you don't read the small print an extra £10 per day for up to 14 days for leaving this pathetic company with no notice. Seriously guys stay away from these bunch of Cowboy's it's the worst move I have ever made in my entire life.
Nice pay but company is not strongly managed. Management come and go less than quarterly or even less. ...............................................
Not worth the hassle. Steer clear.
No management contact no uniform silly book and lanyard that you have to return or they don’t pay your final wage and hold on to your p45

Wasted two months of my life.
a terrible company to work for, which is why they are not widely known in each area. they advertise a wage, then on employing you, they give you minimum wage. on leaving, they take £10 for each day you not given notice(£100) then if you not done 3 months they take £169 of you, if over 3 months, it is £120, yet still expect the uniform back. in my case, they had no more work for me, in the area, and still taking this money from me, which is holiday accrued.
Pros
Cons
everything
Brooknight is the worst company in the industry the manager was rude out of control too much lying more about him then the job so avoid this nonsense company
Awful communication, you get a assigned a new manager every week and they will take away shifts/put them on in the early hours of the morning just to confuse you and make it look like you are no show/no contact. Full time positions are promised and then taken away depending on which manager you end up getting per week. If you are ever sick then expect to be ridiculed for it and not taken seriously. Expect to be talked down to like a child and bullied by adults that seem to think their job is the most important job in the world. Pay is awful and unreliable. Absolutely no troubleshooting or whistleblowing system in place, I don't think they even have a HR Service; allowing bully managers to just talk to you as inappropriately and disrespectful as they please and get away with it. I worked for them for a year and after having a sick day I was told that they have never seen me turn up for a shift and that I better get myself into work despite having flu; this was after one day off, speaking to a new manager I had never even spoken to before and it was at a very innapropriate hour; almost eleven o'clock at night.

Overall, terrible management and communication. Poor pay. No consistent hours/work. Bullying tactics used instead of actual management/communication skills. Planning to leave as soon as I can.
I cannot explain how pathetic and illegal work practice this company has. I worked for them and was promised a salary. When the payment date came I had to take time out to find out from the u helpful pay team that I was not getting paid because my application is still being processed. I literally worked for them without any pay. Worst company trust me. I’m just saying your time and energy.
It’s the worst company to work for not very good hours and u can not move up the chain. There is no point joining this company. I would not recommend this to anyone
Pros
No pros
Cons
All bad
This Security company just like to conned employees by paying a Security Guard on a Zero Hours Contract and getting away with this for a very long time.
Avoid at all costs. Management poor, salary poor, treat staff extremely bad, shifts poor, no salary pay rise minimum wage only, everything about brooknight is so very bad.
Dont listen to the lies it's all a front to get you in and once your in its terrible lies after lies. Poor management and poor communication..........
Very nice people very good management very relaxed atmosphere. Encouraged to have an opinion. Management listens to your opinion. Only negative is poor training
I work on both retial and commercial sites, so get a good mix of work environments and a good variation in hours, which stops it getting boring.
Always being offered more shifts, especially before Xmas when a few extra quid comes in handy.

Happy to work here and happy to recommend working here too.
I started working for Brooknight Security around 1 year ago. I’ve always been paid on time and provided with plenty of shifts. Much better than other security companies I’ve worked for over the years.
At least the pay is always right for a chage. managers talk to you and ok to get hold of them. plenty of shifts from control and xrtras if you want them.
Been working in this company for the last 3 years and had no issues whatsoever.
The people are really friendly and the job is amazing. The pay is on time and the managers are really helpful. If you do your job and are a good officer you will have no issues.
It a good company to work for and all managers a good to work with I bin with company for 14year now and office staff r very good at the job that do I f people what to work for security company brooknight is company to work for
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooknight Security. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3