Brooknight Security Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
professional workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull19 November 2018
with decent facilities, good setup for security. really need more in the way of advancement in the workplace as job can become stale and become a dead end in terms of promotion.
Pros
not required to work nights
Cons
not enough hours
Not a good company
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London26 September 2018
Not a good company to work for your shifts/days off get changed without warning, not giving any training, the hardest part of the job being on your feet most of the shift.
Terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 August 2018
Terrible place to work. I lasted one day and then quit. There was one other guard with me, and when he left at, i was all on my own to lock up (on my first day!) almost 4 hours later. So no breaks during that time. Minimal training given, so i was even more shocked when i was left alone.

My first 8 days, i would have been working 80 hours, and i had six shifts in a row because i was covering for someone on holiday (not that i was asked or anything)
Cons
Brooknight is where life goes to die.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
1. They only offer 0h/r contract
2. Pay is just above minimum wage; good luck living a life.
3. Shifts are 12hrs; good luck having a life.
4. My job title is for 1 task… i was doing 3 separate job roles under one... For the same pay.
5. They throw new staff at you to train, at no extra pay, whilst STILL doing your job. (I trained 8 people... All left within 2 weeks).
6. Also went through managers like water.
7. If you work nights, enjoy the hourly calls you have to make to control, so they cover their backs.
8. If for any reason you’re not able to make your shift... you have to give them 4hrs notice otherwise they charge you £50. (Is that even legal)
9. Wanna book off holiday? You need to give them a 6 week notice.
10. Theres no such thing as Work/Life balance… Brooknight is your new life
11. 95% of what managers say…is a lie. Believe at your expense. Plus they hardly know whats actually going on.
12. Stay in school kids.

You would think that for a company that are desperate for good staff, they’d treat the ones they have already, well.
Brooknight makes no effort to create a good working place for staff or improve themselves in any way.

If you don’t mind no job security (the irony), being heavily underpaid, unreasonable terms of employment, no work/life balance & have NO other skills WHATSOEVER… Brooknight is for you.
Otherwise Run! & run fast… Brooknight will suck the life out of you.
Pros
Brooknight & Pros don't go in the same sentence.
Cons
Yes. They are con... artists
A very shameless and utterly selfish company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
Wow where do I start. Brooknight are a bunch of pathetic imbeciles. I'm ashamed that I worked for such an immoral and degrading employer who do not know the basics of respect. No set or guaranteed hours as its usally zero hour contracts so they are not obliged to offer you work but will only offer work and try to force you when they know they have no site cover and need to save themselves from getting stick from the client. If you refuse any shifts due to short notice, travel issues or family issues or whatver the reason then don't expect any work in the coming weeks as thats how they retaliate and get their payback. Hardly any communication from management or control, change shifts when they see fit with out any notice at all and expect you to figure it out. Holidays are often refused on the basis of insufficient site cover and will be offered at later dates when not required. Stay away !
Pros
Pay is on time but whats the point of such pay when there's no joy or peace to work ?
Cons
No respect, no value, no life. Zero communication from managers they'll only contact you when they need you, just a number and a body that needs to show up on site when needed.
not a good company
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Edenbridge12 April 2018
brooknight are not a good company to work for I have been working for them for the past 5 and half years and have been mucked around taken off site for no reason I have been under between 8/10 managers they just don't stay long at brooknight or treat people right .
Pros
wages useless managment narsty working conditions bad
Cons
not a great company
Worst teatment ever stay away at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire11 April 2018
The site I worked for very nice sadly Brooknight as a company are a joke after 2 months working for them i had a RTA on the way to work and ended up on long term sick no support from management and they do not answer emails and phone calls just over 12 months later requested to return to work meeting no answer via email then out the blue a letter saying we are a terminating you employment. I also found out I'd been replaced shorly after my accident and another guy on site had his hrs dropped for 40 to 20 and had to leave as a result dont not work for these otherwise you will be looking for another job soon after. The pay is min wage and lunch breaks are not paid for.
London
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Croydon, Greater London9 April 2018
Happy working with this company.The management is very excellent.
Love working with this security firm and they salary payment is prompt.
The management is very kind.
Good
Keep away
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 April 2018
Worked in the control room after the 2nd week found out was on a 0hour contract you would be expected to work alone all the time the managers think they know stuff but in fact no nothing they are rude and have no respect avoid at all costs dont know how this companies still running shame on Primark for using these guys
Very bad company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 March 2018
Please don’t work with this company.. bad company in the world .. good advice for everything .. ...........................I want say so much bad about the company but sorry I don’t have time ‘this much
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
They given les hours
Very sad to work with brooknight security
security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 March 2018
I don't have much to write about this unprofessional employer. The company directors and mangers should be prosecuted and face justice of law. I worked with them for 4 months but It was a sad story, inaccurate hours calculations, short payment of wages, callous and dubious company. They deducted me £120 called contract deduction. Brooknight Security is not a place to work so please avoid applying to this company. The hard part of the job is the management don't care and the client too and there is noting enjoyable working for Brooknight Security.
Pros
There is nothing to write about they are just so crude
Cons
The company itself
Security Agency providing guards for high street shops
Finance assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent11 January 2018
I spent 6 months in this company and left before my probation ended. This company provides security guards for high street shops and some business warehouses.
horrible people to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  leicestershire20 November 2017
The management and head office are ignorant ,rude and have so much attitude on them and they expect you to work silly hours when they wont on a zero hour contract .They dont care about you or if you have commitment with kids they just use you .minnium wage holiday pay aint paid full dont no how they work it out.i rather be a cleaner then work for brooknight.head office are so rude dont no how to even talk to you .No one shud work for them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
The company itself are cons
work position was intresting as was learning new things every day bout customers and clothing like what styles go with what.
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  hastings new look2 November 2017
iv worked with brooknight security for almost a year never had any problem with wages or things like that. good company to work for and ill be happy to recommend them for finding more contracts.
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
Worse company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester29 October 2017
Area manager does not train you up or give an induction won't do anything for youb dont see him for week when you ask ask then you need something they say I get it dont then they don't get it done poor company and worse area manager I wont work for them plus the interviewer was late I was there and interviewer was,1 hour late
Pros
Unpaid break
Cons
Not long hours
not fun
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent21 October 2017
I have had very bad experience working for them don't have hardly any sites in London only retail no management site visits no mobile visits hours are not ideal as pay isn't that great
Pros
management don't listen to staff
Cons
uniform isn't that of a proper security officer
Not worth it
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire1 October 2017
Management are rude and don't communicate with you properly, money is good but be prepared to give up your scheduled days off to work more last minute (you won't get much of a say in the matter). I was made to work over 90 hours in my first week and i am receiving a written warning for missing one shift after my boss wouldn't reply to my texts inquiring if i was supposed to be working that day. Shifts are too long, i barely see my family and friends more than 2 hours a day and the company don't care. Do not work here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, too many shifts, rude management.
Ok
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield7 September 2017
Its an OK place to work but management are rude. They will help you advance in your career by helping you get other licenses to improve your chances of advancing in the company but they tax you ridiculous amounts and they refused to pay me my final wage until I sent all of my uniform back which without my final wage I couldn't afford to do.
Pros
Active job
Fun job
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire15 August 2017
It is nice clean job to do and it is connected with delivering a costomer service,which I am happy with.We have good beaks but if it is possible to sit down from time to time it is gonna be better.It is nice an easy job to do.
Awful company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 August 2017
This company is a absolute joke
, having worked in various stores breaks are not shared equally, colleagues just go off site nowhere to be seen leaving you on your own. Management never take your side when apprehending shoplifters, leaving you demoralised and not bothering at all. Avoid at all costs