Brooklands College Employee Review

View all Brooklands College reviews

Fun to work here but sometimes undedrvalued
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Surrey10 June 2015
I see so many people across the day so feel it is a very sociable job. I have been able to take advantage of the courses on offer and I am currently taking my English L2.
There is a very friendly, family atmosphere amongst staff and being able to assist in any way is one of the pro's of the job. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to some of the students as they move on.
Pros
Very social and free gym
Cons
Moral in departments vary

Other Brooklands College Employee Reviews

Typicall example of "it's not my job" work environment
Interim Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Weybridge3 September 2019
Lovely boss who worked like a trojan, but the rest of the staff were dyed in the wool nine to fivers. Much of the work was bizarre, from the ever moving funding statements, through the VC using incorrect revenue recognition, taking a whole week to calculate VAT on canteen takings of about £5k, and nobody taking responsibility to ensure course cancellations were correctly recorded.
Pros
Nice boss
Cons
indifferent staff
Enthusiastic and supportive environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weybridge24 June 2019
So far, within my first year at Brooklands..I've really enjoyed it there! Especially when it comes to doing English in particular, I found it in myself that I can express my writing more, e.g: Lot's of thorough detail/explanation, grammar and quotes. With Maths however, there are still the little things that I struggle with, mainly to do with complex logical questions. All in all...my experience there has been great so far!
Pros
£100 dedication for your travel
Cons
Longer day on a Wednesday