Brooklands College

Brooklands College Employee Reviews for Lecturer

Lecturer7 reviews
United Kingdom7 reviews
I would only recommend Brooklands college for the experience of dealing with badly behaved teenagers because new teachers need that experience. Also to test out the new teacher's classroom management styles on the learners.
Also when I was there the management did not help at all until it was too late.
Tipical Old School FE college SLT look after themselves all had pay rises and working staff pay frozen. A lot of FE Week articles that are of interesting reading and Ofsted inspection any time now. However nice woodland to walk around when stressed.
The college needs a whole new senior leadership team. One that is willing to listen to staff and their ideas, that want to make money for the college and make is a pleasant place to work.
Everyone is so much under pressure, always stressed out, and the management just don't care a bit.

The College is going down the pan, which is such a shame, as with the right senior leadership team in place the college could be turned around.

Would I recommend friends or family to work at the College, definitely not.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Salary, stress
Tutors are friendly and with good experience but there is a lack of support, respect and honesty from certain parts of management which has led to a demoralised atmosphere and a "them and us" environment.
Cons
Very little appreciation of staff.
The teaching staff are very good.
Work home balance in term time is very poor.

Staff cover is non-excistant with funding costs for FE being slashed
Pros
Salary
Cons
Home time
I have worked in retail on the provisions counter cutting meat and serving customers in a busy central manchester shop was known then as Macfisheries.
I have also work on the butchers department at Debenhams in manchester.

I have helped with milk rounds and done shift work in warehouses for M&S and waitrose.

I am adaptable hard working and reliable.
Brooklands College was a nice place to work till I needed more time at home... Then, people started to treat me unfairly. Not much comments but progress assessments are the evidence of my hard work and professionalism (available on request as some reference letters from colleagues and students)
Pros
Updates
Cons
lack of respect and understanding