Brook Street Employee Reviews

They need to be investigated
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham9 January 2019
I also had terrible experience with this agency. They really need to be investigated due to all the complaints about how unprofessional they are. My complaint is exactly like the rest of the one star ratings. They lie to people all the time!
Pros
Cons
A lot!
Only Given One Star Rating Because It Wouldn't Accept None!
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 January 2019
Waste of time. Like most other agencies they lie to you to get you registered with them promising work they haven't got. They want £40 from you for a DBS check for work they don't have to offer,so no need for you to pay £40 in the first place! Bunch of incompetent liars.Who want's to be bothered with all this hassle to achieve nothing from it?!
Pros
Cons
Lies, no work offers
Consultants wolverhampton
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands and birmingham8 December 2018
Rude, pathetic, self important staff. Not interested in candidates just the money they can get from placing you. They not interested in your qualifications or skills.treat candidates like scum. They forget without us where would they be. Given a wide berth. Dont want to be associated with such a terrible company. Get your act together brook street
Pros
Cons
Rude obnoxious staff
Liverpool branch not doing their job
none (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 November 2018
Signed with them few months ago and not even once they have contacted me, I tried to call and speak to someone but they kept transferring me from department to another then I was advised to send my cv when they should have it since I have attended the opening day and fully registered with them and I was promised I will be looked after but nothing happened they not good at all at doing their work!! Don’t recommend them at all better sign with another agency.
Unprofessional staff
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 November 2018
Staff at Birmingham branch unprofessional, they make one statement to say the vacancy & in 5 seconds it’s gone. They are bogus statements to cover them sleeves. They would put candidate thorough misery. The staff in public & private act as god, who to give job to. A very unethical company with no morals.
Pros
Put on fake smile
Cons
Disrespectful staff
hoax company
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London5 November 2018
signed with them year ago.got offered night 7.5 tonne lorry work at near minimum wage at when signing.since then-silence.called them couple of times-no work.
i think that company only want to have me on their records so they can benefit from me...
Pros
no pros
Cons
all hoax
Scam artists
None (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
Terrible terrible agency. I’ve had 2 jobs offered to me in 6 weeks. The first one I’d passed the interview for To be told that I’m not eligible for the job as I’ve lived abroad. The company advised me the agency knew about this. Second time I’ve been advised I have to pay all police clearance checks? I’m unemployed searching for work. It’s just unacceptable really. As soon as I advised them they pretty much said goodbye. Utter disgusting agency. Newcastle branch should be looked into
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
The Company
Scam Artists
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 November 2018
All the jobs I was told to post had either expired or made up on the spot! I was shocked. Poor saps who use them are being used for spam fodder. Put me off applying myself through agencies.
Pros
Cons
liars
Good company
Supply receptionist (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2018
The cons working for brook streey is there isnt always work available and pay can be quite low in comparison to similar agencies providing the same tyoe of work.
Not impressed
Waiting employment (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 October 2018
Having been on Brook Street books for almost 3 years I have had only had 2 calls regarding employment. I registered with them back in 2016. I had an interview with a major telecoms company, however I did
not get the job. Been dumped eversince. It seems to me your forgotten about, and every time I call them I am always told "I am live on their system". Having a customer service skillset for almost 15 years I thought I may have been offered work but annoyingly customer service jobs are advertised on Indeed website, but none are ever offered..Happy days.
Pros
Cons
Yes they are a con
Bad customer service
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge wells26 October 2018
Worked for them for long time and each 2 time I have bad jobs. One is redundancy and second is bad match company with little pay.people in office mean. Please avoide if you not like to end up with bad references after then BRook street tell you that not work with you.
Pros
Time
Cons
Little pay
Concerned Human
Civil Servant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 October 2018
I work for one of the Employers of who Brooke St in BIRMINGHAM has the exclusive contract. Many workers come and go through our doors and agency workers are as good if not better than alot of permanent staff. They are hard working and fully appreciated by colleagues and management alike. Listening to them is seems they treated nothing short of disgusting by certain recruitment consultants there that are unwilling or not wanting to help the people they are essentially paying their wages. Sickness is not just frowned upon but they are asked to come into the place of work without the knowledge of Work place management to be threatened with dismissal or a final warning. Avoid at all costs if possible as they seem to be a prime example of not what you would want when looking to get a start on in life.
Pros
Cons
Bullying consultants, confidence dehibilitators
Absolutely terrible. Avoid.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham17 September 2018
They lie about length of post. Promise permanent employment. No communication. Staff treat very poorly. Avoid like the plague! Was taken into hospital for a week and the day i was released i was sacked. Claim to help people with disabilities. Clearly do not. You're expendable.
useless
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 August 2018
Lack of organisation, no communication between people standing right in front of each other, appalling service, cost me a job because of their lack of organisational skills
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Pathetic
Administrative officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 July 2018
I have had a terrible experience with brook street. The recruiters there are very incompetent. They are unreliable and lie through their teeth. They had lied about the salary and working hours. There is zero communication unless you chase them up yourself. When taking genuine emergency leave or sick leave, you are spoken to extremely rudely. They will terminate employment for the menial of reasons. They will state they have ‘investigated’ but will drop you without any feasible reason and without any warning. People they know outside of work will usually get prioritised. They will leave you hanging for jobs for months on and. Very unreliable. Stay away!
It was an Interesting Experience
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent31 July 2018
The work that I did there was not my preferred type of work but I am grateful for their fast response their work ethics and their friendliness towards their employees.
Professional and Friendly Service
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London26 July 2018
I used Brook Street just the once in 2016. They exceeded my expectations of a recruitment agency. The service was world class. Nicola was amazing, sympathetic to my needs and to my work requirements. I was offered work within a week of registration which was completed on the spot at the Brook Street city centre location.
I would definitely use their services again...
Pros
Clients are well looked after with friendly staff
Admin officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire5 June 2018
I worked at vulcan House from when it opened as a permanent AO so not thru Brook Street. But the staff here are great, we're all under pressure to perform but that's what working for the government is about.. If u can't perform to standard, can't cope with pressure or deadlines I wouldn't bother.
Pros
Flexi time, Training, career progression, on site canteen & gym
Cons
Tight deadlines
Promised work only to be ignored for over a month
Residential Child Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire4 June 2018
Signed up to the agency, told me they had found the perfect job for me. So I wait for them to set up an interview with their client...... A month later, after numerous ignored emails/ phone calls, the agency get back to me to say that their client has dropped the contract and no longer works with them. Very unprofessional, as I had to contact them to find out the info
Pros
Cons
Everything- Doesn’t deserve any stars
Registered and got work almost immediately
Office temp (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central3 June 2018
The 2 temp controllers have kept me in work since I registered and I have no problems. I like the variety of temp work and get paid every Friday, suits me. Always on hand if you need them, I would recommend working for Brook St Bureau as a temp. Infact I tried to register with other agencies before Brook St, to no avail. Waste of space the other agencies, Brook St number one! 😜
Pros
Get paid every friday
Cons
Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brook Street. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4