Brook Street Employee Reviews

Helpful and friendly stafF
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex23 May 2018
Great friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend This agency to others. Found work pretty much immediately. Always there when you need them
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Cant think of any
Worst agency In the world
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 March 2018
Horrible agency, the derby agency is particularly bad, I wouldn’t recommend this agency and I wouldn’t waste my time a bunch of cow boys. Not very helpful and nevefcreturn calls stuck with key personnel, astute recruitment, don’t waste your time with these!
Cons
great company to work for
Admin (Current Employee) –  Leicester11 March 2018
Staff were really knowledgeable, friendly and made me feel really valued
I have never had any issues with pay or holiday pay and being able to access my payslip and time sheet online is great.
Pros
Local branch
Cons
worst agency i have come across
Temp candidatr (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 March 2018
Called me in to register but never found me any work. What a waste of time!!! I would never go to them again.

I certainly wont recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
No work
Excellent
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 February 2018
Got a call Wednesday, interview Thursday and offered the job Thursday evening and I start Monday! Permanent job, excellent salary and helpful and friendly staff :)
Pros
Fast
hull branch
Unemployed and looking for work (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire10 February 2018
They take you on and then don't offer you any work. you ring back, then are fobbed off. this seems to be atypical of some of these agencies.

Avoid. If you're a man go to a proper agency.
Pros
non
Cons
useless time registering
Great Agency
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 February 2018
I found that they were very helpful, patient, polite, supportive and friendly. I would most definitely recommend anyone who is looking through a job to cooperate with Brook Street.
Pros
Supporting and helpful
let down
natural England (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire5 February 2018
was let down for a job offer after they cancelled it before talking to me. when i got back to them they said nothing they can do, left feeling disapointed
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire4 February 2018
Terrible company, ask about disabilities and how they can help but don’t care. Disclose information about disability. Changing staff, no concern for you at all
Terrible
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 January 2018
The worst job agency out there. You are just a number to them. You have have no rights and the staff do not care about you. From personal experience, Avoid at all costs.
Got me work quickly
Payroll officer (Current Employee) –  Sscl newcastle15 December 2017
I can't really complain about brook street they got me in work when i needed it. I would recommend, however, if they try to post you with sopra steria/sscl avoid, worst experience of my career. Bullying, poor management and employees are treat awful, avoid like the plague can't stress enough
Pros
Brook street found work quick
Cons
Worst placement of my life
Credit Controller
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Needham Market, Suffolk15 November 2017
I temped for this company back in 2012 for about 6 weeks. I was suppose to be helping but there was a mass exodus and there was only me left in the accounts dept. Doing both Credit control and P/L as well as cashing all the drivers money. In that time they did employ other temps who both left before the week was out. The CRM system was a joke. I received no help from the management and ran their office on my own. I left there as it was a nightmare! and to add insult to injury after I left they went back to the agency and said I didnt do any work, bit strange as they were more than happy with me for the weeks I was there!!!! So beware very unorganised and unappreciative. The main accountant who I believe was a director was based in London, so chocolate fireplace comes to mind, totally unapproachable. Head Honcho no idea what was going on in accounts and refused to engage, total lack of respect for temps.
Packing picking
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire4 November 2017
Good Agency , but they lie about the wage. Try to find perfect people to work but they are not perfect. Like every agency make you like a number . Company first , employer last
Pros
Brook Cheltenham
Cons
Picker /packer
Pathetic excuse of an office
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey27 October 2017
Consultants constantly change because they leave due to the terrible management. They talk dirt about their customers/ clients behind their backs and rip them off and try to get away with it.
Manger does not have a clue how to be a manager and is rude and abrupt, four people left this office with no job to go to within the space of a few months, it is that bad.
They pay rubbish salaries and benefits and sell their commission structure completely different to what it is, and if you do hit it they will do whatever to try take it off of you.
I have no idea how or why this office is even still standing.
Pros
Cons
bad management, treat clients and customers like rubbish, treat staff awfully.
A Mixed Experience
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Sheerness, Kent16 October 2017
The job I applied for was labeled 'Warehouse Operative', which ended up being factory work. So we weren't off to a thrilling start.
Personally I never really had any problems with Brook St., but I will tell you this: Three lates, and they start slashing your shifts big-time; if this starts happening, make effort to get there on time and you'll get your shifts back - do this before they completely phase you out of a job.
My position was essentially a zero-hour contract, however sometimes when I arrived home at 22:30, I'd be greeted with a text informing me about a 12 hour shift tomorrow, giving me next-to-no notice whatsoever. No-one informed me that the work was seasonal, and I eventually went from 5 day weeks to 3, and eventually 2 before I had to get something else. They often tried to force shifts upon me, but a resolute "No." usually silenced them.

Some of the Brook St. employees were nice, and as usual you had that one who had a problem with everyone; so you want to figure out which ones you like if you need anything, because these people are in charge of your shifts.

Other than that, the company I was working in was David Wood Baking Ltd., and I have done a review on them (the long one titled 'Not the best, but certainly not the worst')

TL;DR: Your employment is at their mercy. Faff around or annoy the company bulldog, and you'll start losing hours. They don't inform you whether the work is temporary and the job title may not be 100% accurate, so it's up to you to inquire.
Pros
Totally flexible hours - just don't take the mick.
Cons
Try not to annoy them too much, they'll cut your shifts.
Great job - if you're a robot!
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset26 September 2017
Seconded to Weston-super-Mare Enforcement Team

You're expected to work to your limits without making any errors. Even robots break down!

Management is awful, no empathy, no flexibility & discriminatory. Workers are given disaplinaries at the drop of a hat with little/no explanation or chance to redeem themselves (even people having serious medical issues are given warnings!) Expected to work in silence for parts of the day.

I felt factory-farmed whilst working there.

As for Brook Street Recruitment Agency. The staff turn-over is rapid & unreliable.
Pros
Ok for a stop-gap
Cons
You're treated like Farmed Robots
Don't care about staff at all
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2017
I was pressured to go into work when I was really unwell otherwise I might lose my job. Staff were rude, and horrible at times. I was eventually sacked out of the blue for a really poor reason. I felt some staff members were actually friends with Brook Street recruiters as they were treated differently. Once I did lose my job, no help or support was given from Brook Street.

They are good at starting off nice when you sign up with them, but they soon turn sour quickly and make it quite clear they do not care about anyone else, nor do they care about their staff's well being.

Stay away.
Pros
non
Cons
not cared about, threatened, can be sacked for any reason, all they care about is money, rude staff, have favourites possibly friends and family over other people, no help with finding work
So bad, stay away from this agency
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire21 August 2017
Stay clear you've been warned. Yet another con agency just in it for the money. These types of people shouldn't exist. They don't care about you, your stability and the management is awfulllll stay well clear
Pros
Non
No good
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London1 August 2017
At first the Brook Street staffs were very good until lately. They have bringing new staffs who have a terrible attitude, rude and make you you feel like you are nothing.
Cons
N/a
nice friendly staff
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London24 July 2017
Nice friendly staff but not enough work given. I feel like i'm not given the correct roles and I could be suited for better work. Overall I am not happy. I feel like I am also bullied by them.
Pros
reimbursement on travel and food
Cons
long hours not enough pay no advancement in roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brook Street. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6