Brook Street
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Brook Street Employee Reviews

United Kingdom293 reviews
Lack of Collaboration
It can be a good experience here especially if you want long-term jobs in the civil service to which jobs it has the monopoly. You have to play ball however and if you walk away through boredom it will not find you another post. To that extent the relationship has to be a collaborative one which the company does not really have the time to understand.
Are you a person? Really?
Not a great deal to say. You are a commission not a person. Communication is poor and there is no follow up unless you chase things up yourself. My pay has been late on occasions. Positive - when established with regular contracts, Managers ask for you direct. Agency do try to deter this but it does make you feel valued in relation to your hard work and skills when contractors actually request, appreciate and value you as an individual and the skills you bring to the job. Advise that you keep an eye on your work history up date. Past experience is they get the wrong dates/length of contract on same which is no good if you want to apply elsewhere.
Excellent Employment Agency
I have been working as a temp for the Agency since 2017.

Have always found the staff to be very approachable and friendly and have always tryed their utmost to find me suitable positions.
Great company
I've been working with brook street since December. The interview was stress free, casual and the staff are all very friendly. Brook street offer a pay increase after 12 weeks which is great. The jobs are varied with high profile clients.
The people there are outstanding. Great work environment overall. Never had a bad day with this employer. If something went awry, they would go out of their way to make sure everything was handled. Would recommend The Agency for everyone seeking employment.
Varied and reliable improvement.
Brook Street is a great company to work for if you are looking for a flexible and varied approach to work and a constant supply of opportunities. During my time at Brook Street I worked in a variety of environments including Hotels and Warehouses.
Good Public Sector Temping Agency
Jobs given on 3 fixed term contracts which is good for job security in short term.

Agency is quite lase-a-fair and agents are friendly and accommodating.
Efficient
Worked will with the company they provided workers for, good communication and efficient. Sometimes experienced delays in email responses but not often.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brook Street?
Great agency to work for and flexible to working families.
Good place to work for communication is great. Very helpful staff, and work benefits including health benefits. Fair pay/holiday to all staff also caring for their employees.
Temporary work at the Animal Plant & Health Agency (APHA)
Good place to work with genuinely nice personnel.

Customer service work such as answering e-mails and telephone calls.

Also undertook the Post out procedures
Pros
Nice offcies
Cons
Contract length misadvised
Brookstreet
I had very little contact with Management at Brook Street once in an assignment. However once assignment ended I found them uninterested in finding me another placement, after contacting the office several times and being told of possible up coming jobs but was never contacted, and had to keep calling . However I found everyone I spoke to
very friendly.
Very poor
They do not help you. Any kind of issue that arises they will not give any support whatsoever. When I left they said they would contact me with new jobs, never did.
Temp contract
The ladies in the brook street office were incredibly helpful. But the very nature of agency work is its temporary.

I was let go after a 12 month contract wasnt extended and had no security.

They did offer alternative placement but I was able to find full time permanent work elsewhere.
Do not work with them
Please please please don’t work with this agency. Even if you’re desperate, they’re liars, incompetent and waste so much of your time! They need regulating. So unprofessional! Never on time. And this has happened several times.
Ok
An ok company. Pay poor, no benefits. Should explain there guidelines around pay increases.
Paid weekly which is good,.

Be aware once In placement your contact with them will virtually disappear!

After care service is virtually 0!!! Although I am sure they are happy to take a cut of your salary still!
Pros
Cons
You spend time chasing them!
worst ever agency....
Worked for these for the border force contract which was supposed to be for a year. After a couple of months an email was sent around from Border Force stating that it was extended from 31st Jan until end of March 2020. Just after new year by a couple of days we was then took into an office and then told it was finishing and we will be going at the end of the following week (24th January)..
At NO stage did Brooke Street inform us of this until after the following day when a quick phone call came around stating that we were finished and that was that. No one was nor even now have been offered any other job.

Two weeks notice is supposed to be given according to their contract and not 7 days and were all still awaiting our P45's as well as our outstanding holiday pay.

Trying to contact anyone their was on the contract is like trying to contact Lord Lucan, as the person you want is always away from their desk or just has this moment walked out of the door - we'll get them to call you back.... Hello I'm still awaiting for you to call back!!!

Find another agency as their is one out there - just not this joke of an agency....
Mental Health and service users put at risk
Anyone wanting to apply for a job here make sure you have researched them properly. You will be sent to homes which when you are given a brief from the mangers at BS you find its all wrong info and you can potentially be in difficult situations. The training provided is nothing compared to others and basically your sat down putting your career and where you have worked on day one, when you have done this and told you will be sent places which you can use your experiance you find out they send you to places that are risky , you often are not spoken to by others because your agency and you have to listen to the moans of the users about the company
Awful company to work for
All work is temporary and they can drop you as soon as they please. The brookstreet representatives are nowhere to be seen in your workplace and the places they send you to are a disgrace. They have an absolutely ridiculous turnover of staff and the place I worked at the managers we nothing but rude and unhelpful?
Pros
Cons
Temporary so they will get rid of you any time
Call centre work dressed up as an Admin job
Brook Street lies had me move cross country from a job in admin that was okay to a call centre job. I have social and generalised anxiety and therefore would never in a million years have chose to work for in a call centre. When I spoke to Brook Street and the Rural Payment Agency about this, the answer was basically quit.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bullying and Lying culture
Hmcts port talbot
Brook street didn't communicate with HMCTS
The managers at HMCTS are very unprofessional , the managers manager is even worse , very clucky enviroment , if Ur face fits !!!

However never had pay issues ,
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Bad management
brookstreet is poorly managed
Very poorly managed. You have to call them multiple times over the weeks and beg them to start the job that you already have been offered. No sick pay. Easy to hit the trigger point.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brook Street. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5