Bromley Healthcare

Bromley Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Needs improvement
The staff are expected to work on bank basis and sometimes not get paid because managers are unfit in signing it off. Happened to me few times.

Safeguarding of staff from patient abuse needs over viewing.
Nice staff in admin department
It was great working on reception with one other colleague and we helped out the Phlebotomy department, I loved working as part of a team. As time went on there were changes and staffing levels reduced to cut costs.
Managment
Colleagues are great, patients are great. Management is poor, lack of opportunities. Poor organisation. Too many senior managers. Under appreciated staff.
Very unsupportive
No induction, no support, very stressful and demanding, no safety measures in place for community nurses, lack of communication, team work is disappointing
productive work place, good peer support, opportunity for training and development
pleasant working days, good peer support, team work was very supportive, opportunity for training and development was available. The work environment was flexible and created space for reviews, appraisal and reflextion
Great progression and supportive staff
I have worked for BHC for over 5 years, starting on the bank and now in a permanent position. There is great internal promotion/ career progression opportunities and the management is always looking to support you. CEO has an open door policy and the whole exec team welcome feedback from staff improvement, I really feel that my voice is heard.
Pros
great progression, staff feel listened do and drive changes, always focused on delivering high quality patient care
Good place for work experience and supportive staff
I have gained a lot of confidence and gained so many skills since being here at Bromley Healthcare. The staff and management have been nothing but supportive towards me and really listen to my ideas and feedback. Highly recommend if you want to do some work experience- great way to carrying on learning while earning money :)
Don't do it to yourself
People of colour Do not do well here at all!
This is not the NHS! It's a lot worse.

Unless you are a friend or family member of the hierarchy stay away from this place if you value yourself, your career progression and family.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, praise and progression. Very institutionalized.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bromley Healthcare?
Bank administrator
Lack of training, poor management,high level of staff turnover, favouritism not enough ethnic diversity in management positions, unorganised and under staffed.
Pros
At times work available
Cons
all of the above
No work/life balance. Unpaid overtime, no breaks, unsupportive management
Agency staff outnumber substantive. Don't expect toil or to get paid overtime. Unsafe/impossible lists, no breaks, finishing late. If you value your home life and care about standards of care leave this one well alone.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, unsupportive managers.
A typical day would be taking out a list of patients,and prioritizing workload. I learnt how to effectively manage my time and how to problem solve on my feet.

The job enabled me to gather a vast clinical skill set and each day was different.
Pros
Good peers and colleagues
Cons
Unacceptable workload
Busy and very demanding
Starting work at 08.00 with caseload management and allocation of patients.
Advanced nurse practitioner receives referrals for screening and allocates as they come.

The day continues with patient assessment and treatment in the community.

Communication is maintained via telephones with the team,GPs, patient and relatives.
Pros
Good work experiences gained everyday
Cons
Long busy hours