BROMLEY BY BOW CENTRE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Innovative charity providing invaluable service
ESF Pathways Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London9 April 2016
The Bromley by Bow is a leading charity based in east London. Its people make the organisation what is it - a thought leader and provider of vital series to local population.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Progression
It was a vibrant community charity helping the needs of the community
Financial Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (Former Employee) –  East London4 November 2015
The Centre is a local charity to help the community. My role was to assist the service delivery teams and to monitor the income being earned by the centre.
The Centre is full of enthusiastic people who want to help the community. There is a very mixed cultural diversity.
The Centre was a friendly place to work
Very community focused
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bromley by Bow14 July 2015
Nice community centre. Full of people of from all cultures and diversity. Very friendly place to work in.

I have really enjoyed having varied roles within the centre and have worked with some wonderful families and colleagues.
Productive and lively workplace.
Literacy and ESOL Teacher (Current Employee) –  East London4 June 2014
Teaching Literacy and ESOL classes on a day-to-day basis, with mixed level learners (Functional Skills, Pre-entry, E1-E3). Have been training alongside colleagues and colleagues to develop as a teacher and develop classroom management skills. Hardest part of the job entailed preparing my own resources as a trainee and making them effectively meet the needs of my learners. The most enjoyable part of teaching is building a strong rapport with all the learners and seeing the positive transformation in my students from the beginning of the course to the end of term.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small office space (Staff crammed in one office).
A loving centre for the local community in Bow
National Career Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  London22 July 2013
A typical day at work for me would be give to one to one support to clients who are looking for work or training. Managing the drop in sessions in the centre and offsite.

My co-workers are superb, very helpful and always there to give you a hand when you need them.

The hardest part of the job is managing different projects at the same time, for example I run the CV Workshops and Job Search Classes, on a weekly basis, this is not it, I also have a target of uploading up to eight face to face sessions in a week using the Careers Relationship Management Database, therefore sometimes it can get piled up on me as these sessions have a deadline date of up to four days.

The most enjoyable of my job is giving the local community the confidence, the motivation and making a difference to the way they conduct themselves. I love seeing a change in my clients and when I make a difference for them for example helping a client write up their CV, preparing clients for Interviews and enrolling them on Employability Programs, and on top of it all, I then receive an excellent feedback.
Pros
Centre Forum Meetings
Cons
Need better facilities i.e. Bigger Kitchen