Bromford Employee Reviews

Neighbourhood Coach
Neighbourhood coach (Current Employee) –  Cotswolds26 November 2018
Company appears to be very cohesive with one goal but in reality there is a lot of back biting and a blame culture. Salaries are quite static and although they get reviewed twice yearly, pay rises are difficult to get. Colleagues are good and hard working and work life balance is good.
20 December 2018

Thank you for your review. Great to hear your work-life balance is good. We are concerned by some of your comments though, it is important that colleague’s feel trusted in their roles and are given the support they need. We would like you to contact us directly so we can discuss this in more detail. If you are happy to do so, please use the email address: recruitment.team@bromford.co.uk

Technical Coordinator - New Homes Team (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands21 November 2018
Currently on the at risk list for redundancy. Bromford have supported me and sponsored me for a HNC at University.

I have been on the training programme to become a New Build Contracts Manager.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Change in circumstances
20 December 2018

Sorry to hear that you have been placed at risk but so pleased to know that you have been given the support you need. Wishing you all the very best for the future. Good luck.

N/a
NC (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire9 April 2018
35hr week but can role can be quite demanding.
Role is flexible.
Great bunch of people to work with.
Management are supportive but they do challenge you to progress.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
Can very hard to keep up with the changes and the way they work.
2 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Our customers and the people that work here really are the core of Bromford, so it's great to see your comment about colleagues and support you receive from leaders. Yes the work can be demanding and we are going through a transformation project at the moment but we hope you'll soon reap the benefits of the changes that are being worked on.

IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton24 March 2018
Highly recommend, forward looking company that rewards hard work. Great family culture, dynamic workforce, fully supportive of flexible working, does things differently (in a good way)
26 March 2018

Many thanks for your positive 5 star review, glad to hear you're happy in your role at Bromford - long may it continue!

Bromford is a way of life
Neighbourhood Coach (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire9 January 2018
Felt like I’d joined a cult at first as everyone is so friendly but after almost a year I’ve realised that almost everyone who works for Bromford is genuinely lovely!
If you have a passion for life and helping people to make the most of theirs, you’ll enjoy working for Bromford.
Pros
Lovely colleagues, great working hours.
17 January 2018

Many thanks for your positive, five star, review - and for being our first review of 2018! Great to hear how much you're enjoying your role and your time at Bromford - long may it continue.

Big company fails to deliver at customer level
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Midlands15 December 2017
Bromford sound great at the induction and genuinely do have a great vision... unfortunately it gets lost as it filters down the management until you get to the tradesmen who are trying to complete work without adequate resources as the line managers are either squeezing the budget to far or just have no idea in the trade they are managing. I had 4 and a half years with Bromford and was kept being fed with promise after promise of improvement that never materialised. I felt embarrassed at the work I carried out as the customers deserve more.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor standards of work
5 January 2018

We’re sorry to hear your comments. We absolutely do set out with very good intentions – good to know you picked this up from your induction - yet, despite our very best efforts, don’t always get things right. What we need to do is learn from this, we will be looking to improve and gain efficiencies through all of our processes as part of our transformation project we’re working on, so naturally the concerns you have will be addressed. Thanks for your post – all the best for the future.

Demoralising and draining
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands26 October 2017
I worked as a support worker for around 3 years, I really enjoyed the first 18 months and then came numerous management changes, and I ended up with a manager who was neither supportive nor empathetic to either the job or me as an individual.

The company whilst paying well for the job are more concerned with how much money they can squeeze out, even chasing a deceased former tenants family for rent merely weeks after they passed away.

The only positive part was the team I worked with were fantastic and helped me whilst I was suffering in the job.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Bad management, poor treatment of staff
16 November 2017

We’re very sorry to hear that you had a mixed experience during your time at Bromford. Change can be unsettling, so it’s good to know that you had the support of a great team. If you would like to discuss some of the other points that you mention, please do get in touch by emailing us at: recruitment@bromford.co.uk so that we can discuss these further.

Productive company
Telehandler Driver (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire28 September 2017
Good working place,professional team workers.Management professional and friendly.Working time going fast because people professional and make no problems on site
12 October 2017

Many thanks for your review, really good to know that you enjoyed your time working here. All the best for the future.

Exciting and different
Locality Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire23 July 2017
I work with lots of colleagues and lots of teams across my whole operating area.
I find my work very enjoyable and no two days are the same.

I have complete autonomy of my area and I am given the freedom to make the choices.

I have great working relationships with my teams and colleagues, also incorporating external partners, which enables me to deliver great service to my customers.
26 July 2017

Thanks for posting your positive review here on Indeed. Great to hear that you're enjoying your role and getting lots of value from it.

Please make sure you keep checking the vacancies page over on our website and then spread the good word about working for Bromford with your friends and family.

Fantastic place to work
Neighbourhood Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire2 May 2017
I have worked for Bromford since September 2016, having come from a public sector background I have found Bromford to be great to work for. The flexible working appealed to me as I have young children so working full time was a worry but Bromford are very supportive. I find the benefits are excellent, Bromford seem to really look after their employees and ensure they are listened to. The culture is like no other, Bromford are always very friendly and go out of their way to help you. I would encourage anyone who has passion for people to work for Bromford!
Pros
good support, feel like a person rather than just a number.
Cons
no cons so far!
4 May 2017

This is great to read, thanks for sharing your review with us. It’s good to know that you’re taking advantage of the colleague benefits, these have recently been reviewed and we now have even more on offer (details of this are on our website under the ‘jobs’ / ‘working for Bromford’ section). We are very passionate about people here, so if this is something that interests anyone you know, we’d recommend taking a look at our job vacancies. Thanks again and all the best in your new role.

Policies not witheld
Former Support worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands20 April 2017
I worked here for 6 years and enjoyed the first four,but the last two years were demoralising. The final straw was being accused of breaking data protection. I challenged this and proved it was Bromford that were breaking data protection by allowing customers to record and warch CCTV coverage through being able to watch footage through their own T V sets. I did receive an apology before i was made redundant and was assured this practice would be looked into and resolved so we will see.
Pros
Some great colleagues
Cons
Managers are scared to make decisions and are square pegs in round holes
4 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you have left Bromford feeling this way, it’s not what we would want for any colleague leaving us. We’d like to wish you all the very best in the future.

From Tradesmen To Cleaner
multi skilled operative (Former Employee) –  West Midlands2 February 2017
I'm a fully qualified multi tradesman and from day one was used as a cleaner ,for house clearance on vacated properties. I found it difficult to get materials for the jobs as they are very tight with them but they will give you plenty of cleaning products as that's all you will do.This could be a good company to work for if they treated skilled workers with more respect.
Many full time employees have quit due to the appalling call out rota and misuse of tradesmen.
If you don't mind being treated as a labourer and getting covered in fleas and muck then get a job with these.
But if you are a quality tradesman then get a job with a company that will respect that.!!!
Pros
Van use and holidays.
Cons
To many to mention!
8 February 2017

Sorry to hear that things didn’t work out for you. We have since created a number of new positions of ‘cleaner’ within the repairs teams and these roles will mean that the multi-skilled worker will no longer have the demand on them to carry out these responsibilities. We are continuing to bring in more people to Bromford as we look to increase the size of our repairs team, and with that there has been some disruption – which we are doing our best to keep to a minimum. We are also reviewing pay and our benefits offer.

If you’d like to discuss your comments further, please email us at recruitment@bromford.co.uk

Housing Officer
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands1 February 2017
One particular situation that comes to mind is when i was working at an organisation in my first week and it was lunch time and i was in the office with skeleton staff and all the phones were ringing at the same time. I wasn't yet answering telephone calls, but decided to answer as the phones were ringing so much. On the end of the phone line was the secretary of the local MP who was enquiring about a letter that was sent to a housing officers they have received no response yet. The officer was out at lunch. When i informed the secretary, she was not impressed. So i then asked for the details and advised that i would call her back. I then went through the officer's in- tray but couldn't find the letter. I then spoke to the secretary and the letter was waiting for typing. Having read the response to the letter, I was then able to return the call, giving them the information and advising them accordingly.
8 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on here, and thanks for your 5 star rating!

Worst Company ever worked for!!!!
Multi trade engineer (Former Employee) –  nationwide29 December 2016
two interviews and a technical assessment to get employed for then to be sent in jobs as a cleaner not a tradesman!!!! managers have no technical knowledge, calls at all hours even at weekends to clear up the mess, promise after promise broken, head office and directors have no idea of the shambles because peoples relatives employed to cover up tradesmen concerns or grievances!!! salary and holiday entitlement not great, health and safety non existent. OOH Rota is more like slave labour for the salary when averaging 40 - 50 jobs per week because you have to pick up calls which have not been processed through out the day!!! expected to complete jobs in super speed with no materials or power to properties!! Bromford is the job for you if you do not value your trade, your personality or your family life!!!
8 February 2017

Thank you for being so honest with your review. Clearly we didn’t get things right with your role and so lessons need to be learnt here. That said, we do get lots of positive feedback from colleagues, including tradespeople, who value their benefits package and the positive work life balance of their role, so I’m sorry you didn’t feel the same way. Something we have done already is separate the cleaning element of the multi-skilled role and create a number of new positions of ‘cleaner’ within the repairs team.

We know reviews on Indeed are anonymous so if you’d like to talk more about your comments, please email us and we can discuss these issues further: recruitment@bromford.co.uk

Good training facilities.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 October 2016
Could save a lot of time and money if customers were charged when they are not in when engineers arrive following an appointment.What's a phone call to the office to cancel an appointment.This affects the moral of the staff.
Apart from that excellent company to work for.
Management excellent but can vary a lot depending on the area you work.Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people helping them and been left to get on with your job.
CO-Workers are very helpful.
Pros
Very fair company.look after there staff
Cons
A lot of travelling.
8 February 2017

Thank you for posting your review on Indeed. With our localities approach we'll be spending even more time with our customers and understanding more from one another about how we can improve our services and relationships going forward - this in turn should have a positive impact on our repairs teams.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. All the best for the future.

Two different companies in one
Multi Skilled Engineer (Former Employee) –  England20 October 2016
When I applied to Bromford I was promised the world. However on my first day it became clear what the job description says and what I was told Bromford would be like is miles apart from reality. The company you see at head office is a great one with superb training and opportunities however none of the directors or staff there have no idea what really goes on at ground level. The health and safety is a fantasy and the staff have no pride in there work. There are people doing things without the correct knowledge of how to do the task set for them which in itself poses a risk to them and customers. Very disappointed.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Dishonest
8 February 2017

I'm very sorry to read this. We have gone through some considerable change within our repairs teams so it was inevitable that this would be a bumpy road, but it shouldn't have left you feeling this way. We'll take on board your comments and use this feedback to help us improve in the future. Thank you for sharing this with us. Should you wish to discuss your views further, please email us at recruitment@bromford.co.uk

Fab
Moneymates Advsior (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton17 July 2016
Great company, family friendly with flexible working hours. Great atmosphere and people really care about each other
Pros
Holiday, bonus
8 February 2017

Short and sweet but a fantastic review - thank you very much for posting and sharing it with us.

Overall
Sheltered Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands3 May 2016
Has grown over the years, committed to social housing.

Understands work life balance.

Good salary & benefits

Good team atmosphere
Cons
Too much paper work
8 February 2017

Yes, we certainly have grown in the 50+ years we've been in business and have gone through many changes during this time. One of those more recent changes is our localities approach and the rolling out of our Neighbourhood Coaches. The purpose of this role is to give a more personalised service to our customers and with that, the amount of paperwork will naturally reduce as we're equipping colleagues with the right technology that allows them more freedom to work away from the office and be more local to their patches. Thank you for your review.

Office Culture
Service Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, ENG14 November 2015
A typical day could be anything listed in my CV.

I have learned about charities that will fund household items and help pay off debts for people who owe rent. council tax, water, electricity,

How many people are living below the bread line and relying on hand outs from charities to obtain the basic things most of us take for granted, to live a normal life.

A relaxed management style that some times doesn't work, also management that try too hard to be part of the team, and don't show strong leadership skills,

The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who come to the office expecting us to be able to wave a magic wand and get them money to clear their debts, even when they are not willing to help us by giving the true state of affairs.

Co-Workers are brilliant, it makes it worth going to work as some have become very good friends too, and have shown me their roles and how they have to go to places that are in terrible conditions, due to neglect either by the tenant or the Landlord, to meeting the Clients in their own homes and seeing how hard some of them are trying to help themselves, but just need that little bit of structure to help them complete the things they need to do to get back on an even keel.

Most enjoyable part of the job, the time spent with colleagues who go the extra mile to help their Clients, even when they know they will be back again on the service after they have probably been helped and completed their two years allocated help, some come back on to the service within weeks, or years, depending on how they have engaged with the
  more... service, some don't do what they are asked to do, weather it is getting information on debts or keeping post for the Floating Support Workers to go through with them.  less
Pros
Have made some goo friends amongst the temporary and permanent staff.
Cons
Not receiving training properly when it comes to undertaking parts of the role.
8 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It's lovely knowing that you've made some great friends during your time at Bromford, I guess that says a lot about you and the people that you work alongside. Training is something that has been reviewed since your post and we're pleased with the positive feedback that colleagues have been sharing - hopefully you'll have benefited from these changes too.

Great friendly and supportive colleagues
Floating Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton21 August 2015
I support customers in the community with tenancy related issues such as debt, benefits, housing. I visit them in their homes or at arranged venues once a week and help them to achieve their goals which is in their individual support plans. I learn something new everyday and our team are always sharing information. I liase with many professional organisations with and on behalf of my customers. My manager is always there to offer support and advice along with my colleagues as though we work on our own with customers we are still part of a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with challenging customers who will not work with me for their benefit. The most rewarding is to see a family or individual moving forward with their lives with confidence and knowledge.
2 February 2017

Thank you for your detailaed review, no doubt this will help others who are thinking about joining Bromford to work in a similar role. No doubt there will be challenging situations along the way but we have supportive colleagues and an experieced learning and development team that can help you grow and overcome such challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bromford. Our community is ready to answer.