Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd

Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom136 reviews
I loved working at Britvic soft drink, lovely company and the staff were great , love members, I had no trouble there what so ever , the supervisors were very good and the security staff were very good.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
toxic, poisonous culture allowed to freely spread throughout this company, backstabbing, job insecurity amongst many members of the company, lots of backside kissing seniors, arrogance, just plain vile - hated every second of every day
Pros
free drinks
Cons
worst nightmare place to work ever
Operators are paid well for the area with a pretty easy role.
Middle management are not looked after and always used as a scape goat.

higher management changes regularly and always comes round every 4/5 years.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
no support for middle management
Best business I have worked for by a long way, forward thinking, embraced and encouraged a culture of change. Internal progression most certainly again encouraged and developed if capable. Great salary and benefits including share scheme.
The work ethic and values in procurement were good, however other areas of the business were less so. Frustrations were about getting things done, politics and point scoring were too common.
Britvic is very fast-paced. It is an innovative place to work, always looking to invest in their sites, equipment and people. There is a great culture of progression in the company.
Work mates brilliant. The work was hard running around on 12 hour shift on your own in a stressful enviroment, machinery not very good always breaking down management used to be good but then made them redundant. Then no back up from new management some managers came from another factory, some looking back now we're bullies. I heard a lot of racist comments.
A typical day: Hard to quantify as each day could have different tasks. Among the tasks were prepping the palletisers(any whwre between 1 and 5 palletisers) to run, cleaning and lubricating palletisers, loading pallets of soft drinks onto trailers for delivery with fork truck which could be with a normal counter balance fork truck or a double handler fork truck, taking pallets of soft dinks of end of palletiser production lines and putting them into racks, cleaning the warehouse, fire marshal, first aid 5s inspection duties.
I learned and gain some useful experience in operating fork trucks, sweepers, and palletisers, as well as fire marshal, first aid and 5s duties.

Work culture was generally fine.

Hardest part of the job was 12 hour night shifts.

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was running the palletisers.
Did not want to level the job friendly and no back stabbing I was a good time keeper always ready for work I was on night s done my own picking order s about 20
Great place to work, good working environment, great management team, excellent work place culture, staff benefits , includes health insurance, opportunity to buy shares and staff shop
Good company to work for with many benefits. Great work ethics. Achievable company/team/individual targets resulting in annual bonus and pay increase. Some encouraging and supportive managers.
great place to work and enjoyed my time there. progress within the company is only limited by the ambition of the individual concerned, self improvement courses offered and encouraged.
Good co-workers.Competitive salary and interesting bonus system. Britvic helped me to learn how to communicate with any people in any situation also gave me experience and representation of the warehouse job.
Frustrating systems I spent more time sorting out credit issues than selling, did not enjoy it.
Very much a pass the buck culture and no one would take accountability or support
Good career jobs with lots of variety and career progression and investment in training but the factory in Norwich has now been closed so cannot work there any longer.
Unfortunately, in the department I worked in is, if your face fits you'll be ok.
In this place it does depend who you work for, other departments are very relaxed and trust you, the manager of my department doesn't.

Interview was bad, they reeled off a whole host of competency questions and left little time to talk about you and your experience..

My manager looks after themselves and their career and is not bothered about you as a person, so long as they have ticked all their boxes, they don't care about you.

I like Britvic as a company but if you end up working in the wrong department, then I sympathise. Interestingly, there has been a vast turn over of staff over the past few years. If I knew this beforehand I would probably never have accepted the job.
Management are constantly reorganising. High staff turnover. Management not very transparent and trust is low in parts of the business. There are some great people working here though who do want make it a great place to work. Largely employees believe in the brands. Benefits are fairly good. For a fast paced business with some fun brands it can feel a bit stuffy and hierarchical.
Don’t touch the Rugby factory if you want a long career. Although100s million’s have been spent there, you are treated poorly by management. If you want to work for Britvic, go to Leeds.
I was made redundant in the Norwich factory and looked at both factories to relocate.

Britvic offers shares, pension , bonus and a decent wage for which my 16 years there were great.

But as soon as our factory was closing, promises of re- training were never fulfilled.

Basically great to work for when you are needed, you become just another minion when not .
Pros
Bonus, shares, healthcare
Cons
Some management don’t know how to manage people(I was a manager)
Norwich site was a great place to work. The workers were stunned by the decision to shut the Norwich site.
Moving production from the top performing factory with a dedicated and experienced workforce was upsetting to everyone.
Pros
Sick pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Is not really a good place to work only for short time if you are agency. Coz if they will now you looking for contract they will start lying to you. I waited 1 year to get contract and no chance. All good people left a long time ago . Management was alright one time but at the moment is terrible. No discipline in there people who working at contract always abusing good peple from agency, and get them all job to
Good place for pay and benifits, gained a lot of experience.Learned multiple roles. Enjoyed good working culture with colleagues,but site has now closed down.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.