British Red Cross Employee Reviews

Varied and fast paced role
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire13 November 2018
Working alongside several other departments and building up rapport and excellent working relationships with fellow colleagues allowed many tasks and issues to be quickly resolved. The varied nature of my many roles led to a quick and enjoyable working day.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Poor upper management at the time
Nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
Nice people who really want to help others. They are very nice and are keen to help develop their business, however their list of things to do on that front are enormous but the CEO is putting in place a team to deliver the transformation.
Fun and enjoyable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City8 November 2018
On my first day as a volunteer I was treated very kindly by the staff and was given a warm welcome. I learned how to interact with customers and stock the shop floor. A typical day would involve me stocking the shop floor and greeting customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was working with my colleagues,
Pros
very fun and welcoming
fun workplace
Voluntary Work (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey3 November 2018
I learnt a lot and it was a great experience, I like team work and ensuring that the work is done to a good standard, I like helping the staff.
I think it was a really good experience and I enjoyed helping people to the best of my ability. I like challenges and trying out new things. I enjoyed facing new challenges, before I was to nervous to stand at the till got anxious however i overcome my fear, I enjoyed helping people out and working together as a team. a typical day would be working behind a till, putting reduced signs on clothes, putting new clothes on hangers.
good
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Royton28 October 2018
great place to work great for volunteering great staff and opportunities people are great to work with loved working with the team they made you feel right at home.
Friendly and rewarding
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire24 October 2018
Serving customers and selling and recieveing donations.
The way charity shops operate and getting an insight into the good work they do.
Friendly and hardworking manager doing committed to doing good work for the charity.
enjoyable
VOLUNTEERED SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 October 2018
Everyone that works there loves working there. There was always something to do so always on your feet and never bored. It's a very positive environment.
Great shop to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitstable, Kent19 October 2018
I'd love it there because I've made a lot of friends.
I've passed nvq level 2in customer service and retail
I start on the till and then I do some steaming and hanging clothes.
Pros
Vols discount
Cons
Not paid
amazing
volunteer for approximately (Former Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon18 October 2018
so amazing and cosy, all the staff are there very warming and welcoming there, yyou would love a day in the shop, they taught me many different skills and chellenged during my time there
Volunteering job
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 October 2018
I due work experience i was volunteering to help out i have putting tags on clothers sorting out the clothers at the front by outing them in color/size order and ironing the clothers
Pros
Brought my own lunch
Cons
Short hours

Want to know more about British Red Cross?

Ask a question
Great for a positive person
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Various14 October 2018
I worked for short periods of time when managers were off sick or new managers coming in - helping them to settle in. I went in, sprinkled a bit of stardust and left them in a better place! That may sound arrogant, but that is just how it was!
Pros
New people, new locations
fun place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwich14 October 2018
the company feels like a family, it's a lovely place to work at and everyone including the people that are there for help are quiet talkative. the hours vary as they are only open 3 days a week.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire12 October 2018
The work place has a pattern of what to do. This makes it easier to know what I am doing. There is always something to do while working so that you are not standing around doing nothing,
Pros
Great Team
very good use of my time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk8 October 2018
the people I worked with were very friendly and nice, the amount of work was fine and the costumers over the till very nice to help. I feel as though I was trusted enough to handle the cash over the till
Good
Volunteer Recruiter (Current Employee) –  London4 October 2018
Liked to be here, friendly and excellent environment.

Love to be a part of it. would Recommend all to join as volunteer. Take care and all the best.
good experience
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster26 September 2018
It felt good to work for the British red cross knowing that I was working for a charity, even though I was a volunteer and was not getting paid for it. was good for work experience for duke of Edinburgh.
Pros
good work experience
Productivr and enjoyable
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk19 September 2018
While volunteering here I got to file paper work and organise the shop's shelves and racks. The management was very good and the other staff and volunteers were lovely to work with. The best part of working here was getting to organise the paper work and do the filing. The hardest part of this job would have been changing the bric-brac on the top shelves as i'm not very tall.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Restocking the top shevles
Environment de travail agréable
Stage en entreprise (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne18 September 2018
Ayant fait un stage d'une durée d'un mois dans cette entreprise j'ai énormément appris car lorsque j'avais des difficultés en anglais les employé m'aidait ils était tous très gentille et près à aidé, en ce qui concerne la manageur elle nous aidait des qu'on avait besoin d'aide et nous expliquant clairement nos mission
Great introduction to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Blyth14 September 2018
Performed a week's worth of work experience as part of the school program. Thoroughly enjoyed it, friendly staff and made me feel very welcome. Would recommend for anyone who is looking to perform voluntary work.
shop assistant
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deal, Kent11 September 2018
I enjoyed working there when the manager was not in as myself and a friend was accused of stealing so we spoke to a staff member who said it was policy .
Pros
some staff members was really nice
Cons
the manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3