British Red Cross Employee Reviews

Bad manager, little on job training
technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield17 January 2019
Management don’t care about workforce ,as long as deliveries get done ,training minimal more interested in profit than staff welfare.drivers start on agency but don’t last long if face doesn’t fit
Pros
Good work mates
Cons
Bad management
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stirling and Alloa, Clackmannanshire14 January 2019
Work within a shop. Hanging and tagging clothes to get steamed then they get priced to go onto shop floor for the customer to buy. I also serve customers.
Pros
Make new friends
Bad work place
Driver Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampshire18 December 2018
Bad place to work in pile on extra work with no support bad management don't have a clue every one for them selves dirty mobility aids disgusting not clean property
Slave drivers and back stabbers work conditions very bad
Typical day
Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, UK17 December 2018
Dealing with managers to help support them to complete their valuable jobs. Te company looks at ways to better develop and listens to views of their staff.
Pros
Nice people toward with
Cons
Salary due to it being a charity
nice workplace
fundraising (Former Employee) –  England17 December 2018
friendly working environment. Good communication amongst staff, management and volunteers. easy computer systems to use. enjoyable place to work, with friendly people.
Really good place to volunteer at.
volunteering (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire3 December 2018
on a normal day I would be working on the till which is a slow moving job but is quite relaxing when you get used to it. If it was a bit more of a hectic day I would be upstairs sorting through all the clothes and making sure they are teamed and hung up ready to go out.
poor induction and training
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2018
very poor induction, very much a learn on the job role with very little support in place and a blame culture when things go wrong. great organisation doing great things, but unfortunately some poor staff within the organisation
A productive and friendly environment
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire26 November 2018
I was referred here by the job centre of March 2017 to gain work experience for my CV, some days you could be stocking shelves and others you could be helping with the van, what I liked best was the van work, assisting the driver with collections and deliveries, some days were quiet and somewhat boring, the management and the rest of the volunteering team were very friendly which made for a very enjoyable environment, you choose your own hours, anyone can volunteer, this is very ideal for work experience if you're in school, very good as a little thing to keep students busy during Easter, summer and Christmas holidays, and for people who are retired it's highly recommended. the best work experience I've had so far.
Pros
Choose own hours, experience and a fun and enjoyable environment
Cons
some days can be dull and boring
Very friendly company.
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire25 November 2018
Fantastic charity to work for. learnt so much and gained so much insight into the work and relationships of clients and charity providers. The staff and managers are friendly and love the work they do, which makes the work that much more fulfilling.
Pros
Development of roles
Amazing
Event First Aider (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire19 November 2018
I have been with BRC for 5 and half years and have learned and earned new skills and made a family with in the area I volunteer for.
I have worked in different areas and new people.
Varied and fast paced role
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire13 November 2018
Working alongside several other departments and building up rapport and excellent working relationships with fellow colleagues allowed many tasks and issues to be quickly resolved. The varied nature of my many roles led to a quick and enjoyable working day.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Poor upper management at the time
Nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
Nice people who really want to help others. They are very nice and are keen to help develop their business, however their list of things to do on that front are enormous but the CEO is putting in place a team to deliver the transformation.
Fun and enjoyable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City8 November 2018
On my first day as a volunteer I was treated very kindly by the staff and was given a warm welcome. I learned how to interact with customers and stock the shop floor. A typical day would involve me stocking the shop floor and greeting customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was working with my colleagues,
Pros
very fun and welcoming
fun workplace
Voluntary Work (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey3 November 2018
I learnt a lot and it was a great experience, I like team work and ensuring that the work is done to a good standard, I like helping the staff.
I think it was a really good experience and I enjoyed helping people to the best of my ability. I like challenges and trying out new things. I enjoyed facing new challenges, before I was to nervous to stand at the till got anxious however i overcome my fear, I enjoyed helping people out and working together as a team. a typical day would be working behind a till, putting reduced signs on clothes, putting new clothes on hangers.
good
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Royton28 October 2018
great place to work great for volunteering great staff and opportunities people are great to work with loved working with the team they made you feel right at home.
Friendly and rewarding
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire24 October 2018
Serving customers and selling and recieveing donations.
The way charity shops operate and getting an insight into the good work they do.
Friendly and hardworking manager doing committed to doing good work for the charity.
enjoyable
VOLUNTEERED SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 October 2018
Everyone that works there loves working there. There was always something to do so always on your feet and never bored. It's a very positive environment.
Great shop to work at
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitstable, Kent19 October 2018
I'd love it there because I've made a lot of friends.
I've passed nvq level 2in customer service and retail
I start on the till and then I do some steaming and hanging clothes.
Pros
Vols discount
Cons
Not paid
amazing
volunteer for approximately (Former Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon18 October 2018
so amazing and cosy, all the staff are there very warming and welcoming there, yyou would love a day in the shop, they taught me many different skills and chellenged during my time there
Volunteering job
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 October 2018
I due work experience i was volunteering to help out i have putting tags on clothers sorting out the clothers at the front by outing them in color/size order and ironing the clothers
Pros
Brought my own lunch
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2