British Red Cross Employee Reviews

really great place to volunteer, greatr atmosphere
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitley Bay9 February 2018
volunteering at the British red cross is a really rewarding time and poses lots of opportunity, since joining the shop as a volunteer i have signed on to join get my first aid certification and also joined a sign language course, which is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
travel expense are paid for you
Fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Marple, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
The Red Cross is a fantastic organisation and it makes you feel good knowing your helping, they get a flow of customers with buying or donating and I throughly enjoy having a chat with them, if I didn't need money I work work there full time after leaving college.
Pros
Feel good factor
Cons
No money
Fun Helpful Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durham6 February 2018
I feel really honoured to be a Volunteer for the Red Cross and loved every minute of it!

It was great meeting all the volunteers and making some new friends in a work environment, I would love to do it again if i ever get the time.
Pros
Feel Good Factor
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 January 2018
volunteerin at the red cross has given me the confedence to get back into the working environment again evry working day is different. you can be serving on the till one minute and re organising the window display the next, sorting out donated stock to tagging clothes for the store. every one is friendly and upbeat including the managment.
Pros
hours to suit me
Productive fun place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plympton30 January 2018
The days would vary depending who's in at the time. I would be on the till or steaming one day and then cleaning and tidying the shop another. The managers are fun to be around and they talk to you whilst you're working. I have learned that if you work hard you can achieve anything. The hardest part of the job is taking the out of date clothes off the racks and trying to replace them as fast as you can. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and working with people you enjoy working with. The easiest part of the job is standing by the till and serving people but doing the give and gain I don't enjoy very much cause it's hard work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working with people you don't really like
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London29 January 2018
It was alright working here. I got a lot done but the management didn’t work as hard as I thought they would. They got the jobs done but quite slowly.
Humanitarian Organisation
Refugee Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot26 January 2018
I really enjoy my position as a Refugee Caseworker and feel very proud of being part of the British Red Cross. I live life by the Fundamental Principles of British Red Cross. Unity, Humanitarian, Diversity, Universal and Impartiality. My job is to integrate refugees within their community. I am able to communicate on a professional level with other Service Providers and Organisations. I have a good knowledge of the Benefits system as well learned alot on Immigration matters. The hardest part of my job is to enable people to be independant when I have a natural passion to help and make life easier for others
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Because British Red Cross is a Chariteable Organisation, the pay is not great however the job is of great satisfaction
quiet work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge24 January 2018
Volunteering allows you to choose at what times you are able to work. A minimum amount of hours per week is necessary. The people are nice are to work with. The store is not always busy which allows you to have some quiet time to organise things in the store.
fun work
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen23 January 2018
i sorted out clothes on the shop floor and i also took off the clothes and put them in bags which were out of date and the hangers on the hanging rail.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not long hours
Brilliant Team
Commercial Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk23 January 2018
A typical day started with setting up the training room and ensuring that the technology worked. You'd be training anything from 3 to 21 people in First Aid at Work. Responsible for own time management and administration. Hardest part of the job was all the travelling, best part of the job was the teaching and the people
Pros
Great fun
Cons
Lots of travelling
Interesting Work place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich13 January 2018
Learned many new skills while working here other staff were very supportive customers were mostly pleasant to help. it felt good to know i was helping a the workplace as it was doing great things to help the world
Pros
Learned new skills.
Cons
Not Paid.
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London13 January 2018
The people were lovely and very supportive. Overall the job was quite demeaning however the people you worked with lifted my spirits. I would not do this job again, but saying that I'm glad that when I did try a job like this it was with the British Red Cross as I'm sure that the experience would have been a lot worse elsewhere.
it was alright
Charity Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton12 January 2018
I didnt work there the longest but i volunteered and tagged clothes and worked at the checkout the people who work there are lovely and it was an nice atmosphere to be in
Excellent people to work for
Reporting and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paisley7 January 2018
I worked for British Red cross as a data analyst for about a year. I found the management very cooperative and they look after the employees.
Really really nice people to work for.
Pros
supportive management
overall good
Ambulance Crew (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire7 January 2018
Very nice company to work for, very supportive of the individual and their needs. Very flexible when they can be and a nice atmosphere to work in. Staff are all great. the Job is good, and the pay is competitive.
Lovely atmosphere
Checking/pricing stock (Former Employee) –  Belper, Derbyshire3 January 2018
I really like how these work places come together in the need of help for others, this was voluntary work but i enjoyed every minute. Staff were lovely and helped me if i needed anything.
Too much expected from you
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Ceredigion2 January 2018
Love the job...love being able to help people...completely takes over your life though and management expects too much from you...with out significant training.
Meh
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Chippenham21 December 2017
Not very organised and very boring, feels like they font trust you nore want you there. It was exhausting going up and downstairs all the time, wasn't able to gain the experience i was hoping to.
fun and enjoyable
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside20 December 2017
I love working at British Red Cross as I love meeting new people and helping the customers. The staff are always nice and I have learned a lot from working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moorfields11 December 2017
Volunteering for the British Red Cross was a lovely experience, everyone was very polite and friendly. They host a lot of events that i was able to take part in, for example the London Marathon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3