British Red Cross Employee Reviews

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 July 2018
An amazing place to work. Friendly, fun-loving staff who are always willing to help any customer who needs it. A bit disorganised in the one I volunteered at but easily sorted.
Cons
Part time work that was enjoyable
First Aid Assistant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Preston10 July 2018
worked in providing realistic first aid training. Absolutely loved the role and it was good to provide a service such as that to the local companies. I would do it again.
Team Leader
Independent Living Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wales8 July 2018
A supportive company but very insecure job as funding is fixed term and there is no long term funding for the project I work for. Training is limited and is not comprehensive to meet the needs of the range of clients I work with. Staff are kind and supportive.
Pros
staff
Cons
job security
Productive and extremely professional.
Tracing Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon6 July 2018
Answering calls and dealing with clients who wish to find their families back home. Booking appointments with the clients concerned and explaining what and how we can do to assist them in tracing their families back home. Adults can trace their families in Europe on "Trace the Face" and minors who should they wish to find their families can be placed on the back page.
Pros
Famiily atmosphere.
Cons
along way ffrom shops for lunch without transport.
very friendly and energetic people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Catford, Greater London4 July 2018
it was about organising young refuges who had less connection with others meaning new to the country and we had to come up with brainstorm ideas, and different physical activities such as different country dance and foods. I have learnt different skills such as team work and to be active.
Pros
free dinner and drinks
Cons
n/a
Fantastic to work for
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend3 July 2018
My time with the British Red Cross was fulfilling, fun and worth the time. A typical day of work was busy, but easily manageable. The atmosphere around the shop was overwhelmingly positive.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 June 2018
Working with the British Red Cross , voluntary helped me feel a part of the community and that i was helping those in need. The experience of talking to new people, meaning i interacted with people young and old. This experience also helped improve my self confidence.
Pros
Experience in retail and improving confidence in customer service.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Battersea, Greater London20 June 2018
Working in the British Red Cross gave me an overview of how much people want to help those suffering through volunteering and donating money. I was young when U worked at the British Red Cross it is an industry that needs thriving people I don't have any complaints about this company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
When some of The workers used to smoke in front of the shop.
productive and fun workplace
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil17 June 2018
i enjoyed working here as i enjoyed the environment and felt inspired to work hard. i enjoyed working at the till and helping the customers. the shop is a nice and pleasant place to work.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Great Work staff
Retail Volunteer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 June 2018
My time here has been pretty good. I have no issues whatsoever, but everyone here is responsible and easy to talk to including management. Can get tiresome on hot days though.
Pros
Self Set Lunch Breaks
Enjoyable work place
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Magherafelt13 June 2018
My position is voluntary, however I thoroughly enjoy working there. Staff and managers are extremely friendly and easy to get along with, the training is great and they provide help when needed. Customers are always friendly and have no complaints. Generally a great working environment and highly recommended.
Pros
Staff are welcoming and friendly, hours are good, breaks are provided, great environment
Good volunteers made work enjoyable
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Newport12 June 2018
Management were only concerned about making money never had any consideration for any one who may have suffered disabilities or mental health problemsonly wanted more money
Pros
Good volunteers
Cons
Management who only cared about themselves
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 May 2018
Amazing team management were amazing the team were perfect you can not fault one of them you can have a right laugh with them all and the environmentwas amazing to.
Productive Workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne28 May 2018
The staff were very friendly and working in the shop was fun. Even though I was a volunteer, I gained a lot of experience and over the 8 months of being there, I never had any issues.
It was okay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire17 May 2018
Good company to work for and rewarding. I enjoyed doing voluntery work there if I wasn’t now looking for full time paid work I would have stayed with the British Red Cross
shop assistant
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea17 May 2018
I used to volunteer as a shop assistant in the British Red Cross. I learnt how to help people while working as a shop assistant also as I was less than one year in UK I learnt to be confidant speaking English. The manger was friendly and very helpful. The most enjoyable part for me is meeting new people.
good work place
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Rochester14 May 2018
learned how to talk to customers, work within a friendly enviroment, learned how to unpack deliveries and work within the charity business, pricing items, stock take, working with customers
calm
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury13 May 2018
it was alright, just not for me, i liked the people i worked alongside but, i didn't feel right being in a place like that, it felt too mellow and less of a commitment and more just wasting time.
Pros
new experiences
Cons
too quiet
Fun plac
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Droylsden30 April 2018
One of the best places too work too get some experience and a good reference and somewhere too work when you have spare hours best place too work for someone who wants too gain hands on experience
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Nobe
Rubbish workplace
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee City26 April 2018
Office staff are very rude, unprofessional and not made to feel welcome. Management don't care about staff. Rotas are always wrong and change the day before so you don't know if your coming or going.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no thanks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3