British Land Employee Reviews

Friendly, proactive and relaxed work environment
Post Room / Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station12 January 2018
A typical day at British Land consisted of being responsible for the incoming and outgoing of deliveries for the company and being the first point of contact for queries relating to meeting room coordination, courier bookings, stationery requests and any other ad hoc duties. From time to time we were also required to assist with office moves (desk relocation) which consisted of gathering the personal and work related belongings of staff as well as partaking in the manual handling of pedestals, desk chairs and other furniture. Overall I would describe the management as very helpful and laid back which enabled us to be left to our own devices and eased any pressure on our department. The workplace culture was very friendly and I found it easy to work with the vast majority of employees there which made it very easy to develop my key skill of communicating at all levels. I would say the most difficult part of the job was having to deal with any unusual requests from staff outside of our usual routine that we weren't used to receiving, which increased the pressure a little bit. However with the experience I had gained I was able to use my initiative and come to a solution which made sure myself or my colleagues wouldn't face any repercussions. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was doing any physical as opposed to administrative so that no two days were the same and the job wasn't becoming mundane. The administrative side of things I did enjoy though and so long as days were busy that was also another benefit of making it enjoyable to enjoy work there.
Pros
Friendly people, varied tasks, good management, dress down Fridays
Cons
Unusual requests, small team
Fun work place
IT Support (Former Employee) –  London22 November 2017
There were a lot of different characters there which made working very enjoyable, so there wasn't a day that wasn't fun. I helped with the IT team to fix computers and printer issues.
Not a great experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station10 February 2017
Fast pace with unrealistic workload demands, if you weren't a 'chosen one' there was no opportunity to progress. Too many middle managers and a high turnover of staff.
Pros
M&S close by
Cons
Long hours and snooty colleagues
The people make this company a pleasant place to work
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2016
This company has grown from strength to strength in the years i worked there. This is down to the quality of employees, not just for their technical skills, but for their personalities.

Great social committee, which encouraged everyone to participate.

Good benefits, great offices, prime location to work.
Pros
Nice offices, great people
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG1 June 2015
The colleagues are great people. Very knowledgeable and very social. Also very friendly. The management are good and great.
Pros
friendly working enviroment
Cons
some long hours