British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

Found 3,478 reviews matching the search See all 3,516 reviews
People friendly and good place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire20 May 2019
Various jobs tagging,hanging, sizing,coding clothes ready for pricing. Taking clothes down to shop floor, putting on rails for sale.
Learning to keep work space clean and tidy.
Being polite and helpful/friendly to everyone and enjoying working there.
Enjoy working with the other people.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newquay Central ED17 May 2019
Team environment fun workplace.
Take on volunteers
Will train staff with no experience
Friendly positive management
Offer NVQ's
Chances for promotion from within
Pros
Long holidays
Cons
Low salery
Fun place to work but no job prospects
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands17 May 2019
Great place to work but no full time work all unpaid staff are polite but not good if you want to full time work paid all they want is unpaid workers😢😢
Pros
Help charity
Cons
Unpaid
fun
Helper (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands16 May 2019
A good place to gain experience and learn about work life. Nice helping people and helping the shop to make a difference. allowed to do as many hours as I wanted as its voluntary job.
Exciting new learning experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire16 May 2019
Over the 4 weeks i was working with BHF i met incredible people and as well i managed to raise over £100 in a single day something they would normally raise over the course of a week
21 May 2019

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It's great to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and particularly the fundraising. We wish you all the best in your new adventure!

fantastic!
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham16 May 2019
i have been a volunteer at the british heart foundation chairty shop in stockton on tees for almost 2 months now and i'm really enjoying it. each day is different from the last and i feel like i'm doing something good for a good cause. i work 3 days a week at 3 hours a day and i'm loving every day. the staff at this store are fantastic and really friendly and i feel this was one of my better decisions.
Pros
working for a good cause
Terrible
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway16 May 2019
I volunteered there for maybe 5 or 6 months and did I good job to the best of my knowledge ‘ I became concerned early on that paid staff were anything but charitable and thought if money and nothing else for themselves ‘ Also I experienced serious racism from paid employees
Pros
Cons
Racism
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire15 May 2019
Fun place to work as staff and management where always trying tp find new ways to find new ways to make the job more fun at the same time as being serious.
Pros
Optional shifts
16 May 2019

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and particularly the flexibility regarding shift patterns. We wish you all the best in your new adventure!

Heavywork place
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Gloucester15 May 2019
We use to move very heavy furnitures often through bad access places and being careful to not damage the goods and delivery it to the shop or customer
21 May 2019

Hi, thanks so much for your feedback. It is good to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference. We wish you all the best in your new adventure!

Worst place I've ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset14 May 2019
I worked as a sales assistant. Measly pay and very hard physical work heaving bags up and down stairs. I was bullied by a colleague who reduced me to tears several times. Working here had a very negative effect on my mental health. Eventually I complained to management but all the nastiness was dismissed as a joke.
Working conditions very bad with faulty plumbing causing a bad smell and lack of ventilation in the stock room making it unbearable in the summer. As a sales assistant you are expected to open/close & manage the shop while the manager is absent. No extra pay is given for the extra responsibility.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, min wage, culture
16 May 2019

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. We are really disappointed to hear that you’ve not had the experience with us that we would want or expect. We want to reassure you that we do take the points you have raised seriously, and that they will be shared with the relevant teams. If you are keen for this to be investigated further, or feel that you have not been given the sufficient support, please contact us on careers@bhf.org.uk.

productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lichfield City Centre, Staffordshire14 May 2019
The typical day at the British Heart Foundation includes taking in donations from the public, working the till and organizing the donations into stock
Enjoy working with new people
Former sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 May 2019
I did enjoy my time at bhf, but management need to be looked at as I couldn't do anything right and always informed I was paid member of staff and the bhf isn't a retail shop it's a charity stopped classing yourself as one and promotions shouldn't be forced on customer or the volunteers to be pressured into selling these nor have a target amount to sell per day I did feel I was pushed out by my assistant manager as she wanted her daughter to have my job
Pros
Volunteers
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Bootle12 May 2019
I am gaining further knowledge of the skills that are necessary within an occupation. I am gaining new skills, such as; managing stock and pricing. Most enjoyable part of work is helping others.
Pros
Always helpful and kind
Cons
Only volunteer work
Good for students
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 May 2019
As a student, volunteering for British Heart Foundation was very satisfying, as I was able to gain work experience whilst being able to do what I enjoy. I worked on the shop floor and organised stock.
Pros
Flexible hours, constant flow of work
Cons
N/a
Medium place to work
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haleowen West Midlands12 May 2019
Most of the Staff are friendly, other Volunteers are mostly friendly
the Main Manager is testes at times but can be fun
The working conditions are slightly relaxed but can be hectic at time
But well worth a try
Pros
can have discounts of most things
Cons
Can be a little slave labourish at time
Great people, good work environment.
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster11 May 2019
Being a volunteer the experience I had was a different one, I was treated with respect as such, and was allowed to make myself tea if I wished.

I learned how to approach customers, and how to talk to them.

I enjoyed being treated the way I was and working with such a nice group of people.
Pros
Flexible breaks
Cons
N/a
DofE
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk10 May 2019
I completed my volunteering for DofE here and everyone was kind. They wrote me a good report and I even continued for several months after completing the award. I had to quit eventually because my main role was bagging and since they change the laws on plastic bags people didn't want bags anymore.
Pros
Discount
Cons
limited role
good place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 May 2019
good place to work plus your working for a good cause. everyday was different meeting new people every day. management was a bit poor as no you really took note of anyone.
14 May 2019

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to see that you enjoyed working as part of a team that makes a life-saving difference, and particularly the variety of your role. If you are keen to discuss your point about management further, please do reach out to us at careers@bhf.org.uk. We wish you all the best in your new adventure!

horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wallasey9 May 2019
i was treated like total dirt. did volunteer work and was totally promised a full time payed job.was then told they would not take me on for a payed position but would keep me on as a volunteer
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible management
fun and charitable
Volunteer (Retail Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 May 2019
a friendly place to work with all types of personalities as voluntary staff. trust in the staff to look after the shop and keep on top of deliveries and pick ups or full house clearances. A lot of trust giving to the volunteers for the general maintence and upkeep of the sales floor
Pros
jelping a charity organisation
Cons
unpaid work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2