British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

Found 3,297 reviews matching the search See all 3,324 reviews
Enjoyable place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear11 December 2018
I volunteered at British Heart Foundation for a few months in one of the local charity shops. During my time volunteering at the British Heart Foundation I learned so much about retail and met some great people. I'm going to be volunteering here again in the New Year.
not bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire8 December 2018
not bad. would have been alot better if i was getting paid but i kind of had to do it because of the job centre. the boss was nice but everything was unorganised
Fun place to work
Floor Sales Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, UK7 December 2018
I've been volunteering there part time for about 6 months now and the working environment is really friendly and fun. It's also helps me in enhancing my career as I meet different people everyday and has to help a good cause. Unfortunately there is no travel allowance which sometimes is really difficult for someone who has to pay transport fare to and fro everyday.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
No travel allowance for volunteers
Interesting and Intriguing
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Kent Road, UK4 December 2018
The work experience was eye opening for me as i was able to improve my communication skills especially on the phone. Work culture was fine. Had an induction before working to ensure i knew what i was doing.
Productive and fun!!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire30 November 2018
A fun place to work, where you can learn loads of things. About the staff it is also good and very helpful. Good management as well and a great team work.
Pros
Staff is good
Cons
Lovely People. Enjoyed the working experience with them.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset30 November 2018
A great bunch of people. Lovely atmosphere. The work was easy enough and was a lot of fun. Would be nice to get a paid job with them but volunteering for them was worth the effort on a personal level. I may do so again in the future.
Pros
All good.
Cons
Being Tea Boy. LOL!!!
productive fun
Voluntary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire29 November 2018
lovely staff all hardworking friendly approachable nice customers busy shop lots to do always busy nicely layed out shop fantastic company to volunteer for
Pros
relaxed
Do not work in Swindon
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire28 November 2018
Do not work here the manager here is a lier and likes to blame other people for his failing. He also has slept with a member of staff girlfriend. He is a disgusting man.
Pros
Non
Volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire27 November 2018
The British heart foundation is a lovely charity shop they welcome the customers in and help them when it needed.
You get to learn different skills part of volunteering so you can have a good CV when you apply for a job and also get a good reference from your manager.
Pros
hour or half an hour break
Cons
A very good place to volunteer
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees26 November 2018
A+++++, Excellent way to gain work experience, a pleasure to work for this company, great colleagues and a great way to make friends and life long connections, thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
No job prospects
Work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dudley25 November 2018
A great place to work. Always friendly faces welcoming you and there is always something to do, anything from piecing up stock or helping in the warehouse.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough room on shop floor
Official response from British Heart Foundation
4 December 2018

Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to see that you were part of such a friendly welcoming team, and that you enjoyed all aspects of your job. We appreciate your comment about the shop floor, as BHF always look for ways to improve stores and overall customer experience.

We wish you all the best in your future role.

Lovely place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ilkeston, Derbyshire25 November 2018
I have been a volunteer at the Ilkeston shop for 8 years now. I don't go in as often as I used to but they are grateful when I do. The Shop Manager is one of the nicest people I know and greets everyone with a smile and treats them all with respect.
Pros
Staff discount
Busy and Professional
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broughty Ferry23 November 2018
I got this volunteer job (reason for the low salary mark since it was not a paid job) so I could get a good work ethic for future employment and I can say that it definitely helped me. My usual jobs were to organise the products available to the customers, move stock from the back room to the store front and otherwise organise stock. I can say that I adapted a good work ethic and understood the working world a bit better. The store manager was really kind and helped me through my first week so I could clearly understand what was expected of me. The hardest part of the job was whenever new stock came in, we had to separate and re-organise the items, and depending on the amount of items that were given, this could arguably take up most of your time. The best part was knowing that all the sales were helping to research heart disease and help those who had been affected by it.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and good lunch hours
Cons
N/a
Fun And Easy work
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 November 2018
Start with emptying back room on to the shop floor in a presentable manner, Then i would got out on deliveries with the driver for the rest of the day.
An amazing charity that puts a smile on your face
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 November 2018
Willing to make a difference towards life saving research. Dedicated members of staff of a happy and helpful nature. Takes their work very seriously and ensures public get excellent customer service to the maximum.
Efficient and Rewarding
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Stafford21 November 2018
I enjoy working as a volunteer here and would consider working here full time if given the option. The British Heart Foundation is the perfect place to pick up new responsibilities and take on more skills.
Pros
Personal Lockers for safekeeping
Cons
Occasionally time with no customers
Excellent
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk21 November 2018
- The staff are very helpful and well organised.
- Being a good team player and like working with others.
- Informal atmosphere in the workplace.
- I learnt had to take Deliveries.
Excellent team and lovely work place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands21 November 2018
Each of us will be given different work to do, and this hold us as a team. We work in different areas and give customers best experience of shopping here. Every day people from anywhere can donate their used products to us, after disinfecting them, these products will be ready to be selled. We will donate part of money we earn to those people who suffer heart disease. We try our best to support them, and we believe what we do will help them to survive.
Pros
Fun to help others
Cons
fun place to volunteer in
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 November 2018
I volunteered in the shop in the books section and i had to label with the right price and code and bring them in the store, put them in the right section and bring back the old ones
Okay
Charity Worker (Former Employee) –  Tuebrook and Stoneycroft21 November 2018
Volunteered at Tuebrook Heart Foundation found it to be okay, lots of lifting on hand and the shop floor can get a bit boring at times.overall if you like lifting furniture its the job for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2