British Heart Foundation

British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4,075 reviews
Found 4,075 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work and support its cause.
It is a nice place to work with the concept of helping charity and spreading its valuable message spreading awareness among public and asking their participation to continue the research.
Great company to work with
Very great experience and interesting company.
Very ethnic background comfortable. Always happy to go to work and the manager and staff are very welcoming.
Productive and fun workplace
It was very fun and good. I was around like mind individuals who were vert friendly to me. Customers were a pleasure to work with, I felt as if I bonded with the team well
Fast paced and fulfilling
Almost everyone was a volunteer, giving their all from dawn till dusk. Collectively making sure that all stocks are in good condition and that the shop is both clean and safe. Interacting with customers, receiving donations, making sure all merchandise is fit for sale.
British heart foundation helps me with time keeping and teamwork
when I get to work, tidying the shop floor, re-shelving books, CDs and DVDs, etc

what I enjoy at British heart foundation is greeting customers with a smile
Fun Workplace
It was a really great opportunity for me to work in such a sweet and relaxed environment .Colleagues are fun to work,it is not tiring yet I remember we were singing and dancing through the store.Customers were pleasant and we have received a lot of positive feedback.Daily work includes,sorting out the donations,organising shelves,help them at the till etc.If you are looking for a friendly and warm environment to work,it is the best place for you.
Very discriminatory
This company is very discriminatory towards ex offenders and those with unspent convictions even when the conviction/cation is not relevant. To sum up they are really backward and corrupt. They need to be replaced with new management and more inclusive and fairer recruitment policies.
Social atmosphere and rewarding
9 to 5, some weekends
Developed as a manager

Management were ok

workplace was a happy environment

Dealing with shoplifters

Working with a good team
Excellent
Company is excellent to work for people and managers are really there to help and support all the staff and training is excellent customers are also very helpful
Happy workplace
I "worked" at the BHF in Stoke as a volunteer, therefore, I wasn't paid for the work, but I thoroughly enjoyed the friendliness of everybody in the store and their willingness to help their customers.
Pros
As a volunteer I only worked for a few hours a day, therefore only entitled to a coffee break.
Cons
BHF is about people, patients and staff
Great place to work, you get out what you put in, welcome new ideas and really care about the staff. Very much promote wellbeing and are leaders in mental health support with ambassadors throughout the organisation.
Highly stressful
Very stressful from managers who bullied me from my time working on the top floor. Having to cope with snide remarks and homophobic bullying also was rife.
Pros
Free cup of tea
Cons
Being treated unfairly
Fun workplace opportunity to learn new skills
Working at the.British Heart Foundation gives you variety every day. You learn new skills. The Foundation trains you to operate the till cash handling and replenishment.
Face to face customer interaction and the skill to communicate with.a wide variety of customers.
good team work and enthusiastic staff
it was a good experience and good opportunity to learn more about sales and how shops and work life goes. i enjoyed the teamwork and was really supported by all working members i became closer wit h the public and felt a lot more self achievement just by knowing i was giving back. the daily life of working there was easy and i liked working in a team. even tho i was only there for a short amount of time it thought me a lot about future life.
14 April 2020
Thanks so much for your review. We’re really pleased that you found working with us so rewarding, and that your team were so supportive. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure!
Recruitment Team
Was a volunteer poor management
No organisation to many chiefs not enough Indians. My experience only for a few weeks constantly criticism from all management like assistant manager. Poorly organised I would not recommend being a volunteer.
14 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm very sorry to read it wasn't the positive experience that the BHF strive for. I'd really like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and see if we can put things right. If this is something you'd like to do in strictest confidence, please contact me via: vaadvice@bhf.org.uk

Clare - Volunteering Team
Poor managment and working conditions
No concern for its workers,poor managers and poor pay.no organisation and poor decision making.no concern for the welfare of those who work there,not recommended.
Pros
location
Cons
as above
14 April 2020
Thanks for taking time to leave this review. We are really disappointed to hear of your experience with us as a Customer Service Advisor. We want to reassure you that we do take the points you have raised seriously and will share them with the relevant teams. if you are keen to discuss these confidentially please do reach out to us at careers@bhf.org.uk.
Great!
I volunteered for a week at the Bearwood store and it was a great experience!

Main duties were stacking shelves, tagging and sorting items, assisting customers on the shop floor and getting rid of any damaged items.

Friendly and comfortable work environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful. You just get get on with your work and time flies quickly!
Pros
Nice environment, friendly people, easy tasks, located in Bearwood, easy commutable
Cons
People have stolen from here, store lacks security, was only there for one week
7 April 2020
Thanks so much for your positive review of your BHF volunteering experience and for giving us your valuable free time. We couldn't raise the money for Heart saving research without you - THANK YOU

Clare - Volunteering Team
Collaborative working environment
Good level of autonomy in your job role, collaborative working. Fast paced, high amount of KPI's, more than high street retail. Opportunities for advancement.
14 April 2020
Thanks so much for your review and summarising some of the benefits of working here and also some of the challenges. We wish you continued success with us!
Recruitment Team
Great place to work the workforce are a great team and really pull together when needed. Good home work life balance.
There is also a good support network that are always there if needed
31 March 2020
Thanks so much for the great review and highlighting our culture. We wish you continued success with us!
Simple and Casual workplace
my experience was great a learned how to tag clothes and steam the clothing, put out shoes on display for and other items that where give to me. It was very easy to catch on, so I didn’t have any problems.
31 March 2020
We are grateful for your review, and taking the time to share your experience of working with us. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure!
Recruitment Team
Productive and a fun place to work.
A focus on prioritizing tasks early in the day will help the manager eliminate distractions to better meet project deadlines. I recommend we touch base briefly each morning to set daily progress goals.
Pros
Free Lunch
31 March 2020
Thanks so much for your review. We’re really pleased that you enjoyed your role in the warehouse and supporting the manager with an organised approach to your workload. Thank you for making a life-saving difference, we wish you all the best in your new adventure!
Recruitment Team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2