British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

Horrible
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester Park15 July 2018
Great colleagues, but a slave driving company to work for. It is all about driving the profits, didn't feel like working for a charity. More like a Chinese sweat shop
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Feeling unappriciated
Never again
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex14 July 2018
Don't know how I lasted there so long the company/charity are a joke to work for, loads of middle management with no idea they didn't care about staff or volunteers unless there was a camera or reporter around. I meet some great people during my time there and I also felt sometimes that we were making a difference towards helping with raising funds for research. But mainly I was left daily feeling frustrated and let down by a poor management team.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and a friendly environment to work in
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire13 July 2018
My experience working at the British Heart Foundation company was a friendly one.I was able to get along with the people I worked with a picked up a lot of skills such as :customer service and abilities while working there.However I most enjoyed learning how the British Heart Foundation worked and what effort they go through for customers to buy products for their store.
Pros
Free food
fun workplace
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 July 2018
The typical day at work is cleaning up the room, serve the customer,
the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customer, serving them. making them laughing.
Pros
free lunches
Adaptable job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oxford12 July 2018
Arrive at the shop, take clothes and bags in that are left outside, go out the back and up the stairs to go through what clothes are good and bad, steam up the good clothes before pricing them

Take clothes and other items down to put on the shelves before checking what item/s have been out for over a 2 week period, all items and clothes that have not sold are bagged ready to be collected by courier vehicle men near the end of the day
Pros
friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere
Cons
voluntary
Warm welcoming, Friendly and always on your feet.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crewe11 July 2018
A typical day at British Heart Foundation is doing my best to help out as much as possible in either the shop floor or the warehouse, the hardest part for myself is lifting heavy objects but I always over come it by doing my best and bringing up slightly less difficult items.
Pros
Friendly employees, customers and volunteers
Cons
Heavy lifting as I'm not physically built
Voluntary work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon11 July 2018
I thought I would like to try retail work so to gain experience I started volunteering at my local British Heart Foundation. I enjoyed the teamwork and the feeling of supporting the charity
Pros
Great team
Cons
unpaid
productive and nice to work in
British Heart Foundation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bury10 July 2018
My review of the BHF store in Bury is that it was nice to work in great customers every day and meet new people and help them make their day by assisting them in their shopping for furniture.
Pros
only 1 day a week
Cons
Long days
To gain experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire10 July 2018
Help with all aspects of experience in this sector. Great team to work for and with. Great team-work, questions answered without prejudice. Able to work in different aspects of retail.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
No chance of permanent job
Lovely place to work for
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex9 July 2018
I've worked for BHF twice in 2 locations. Always had lovely staff/management willing to help you learn. The first time was my first job and gave me lots of helpful skills in life. You will become more confident in talking to customers and other employees as all are usually very nice.
The only bad part of this job I can think of is going through some rather dirty bags of donations, you WILL come into contact with old pants and strange stains haha! But rubber gloves and hand sanitizer are always nearby. Keep in mind most BHF have a lot of volunteers with variable disabilities (mental and/or physical) so you must have patience sometimes and never ask them to do a job out of their comfort zone. Over all a good place to work for!
Pros
Nice staff & volunteers, slightly above minimum wage, good skils
Cons
Touching dirty clothes
not very fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead9 July 2018
I have to clean a lot. The kinds of things that I have to clean are fridges/ freezes, lamps, make sure that all of the brick a brack are all the right way. I have to price things such as sofas, lamps, dressing tables, mirrors, wardrobes. The manager is somebody who likes people to work but also let them chat whilst doing so. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you do get to have a laugh with people whilst doing your work.
Pros
Have a laugh with friends
Cons
Constantly on your feet
nice environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London8 July 2018
the people are nice and engaging. it is fun to work there and have a good time. the workload isnt much and everyone works together.it is great working there.
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter8 July 2018
Hard work for very little pay, dont expect to do the role that you have applied for only as they will have you doing everything! not enough floor staff. expect you to train volunteers, Dead end job
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
too many managers
Friendly atmosphere and great service
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 July 2018
I did some volunteering for the shop during the summer as work experience and I learned a lot of skills, interacted with great people inside the shop and felt very welcomed by the store manager. I encourage anyone to volunteer as it is a great place to start.
Pros
Staff are motivated and friendly
Cons
A great way to help the Hearts.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverurie6 July 2018
AN amazing way of learning how to be friendly and make customers happy almost all the time. I've also learned till work and makeing sure everything is of good part's of books and DVD's.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
5 hours per day.
Very flexible
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North Berwick6 July 2018
Great people, ok work, 50% efficient in terms of donations to charity, which is decent.

I learned various skills that prepared me well for shop work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire5 July 2018
Very relaxed atomosphire , and a feeling of doing some good for the British Heart Foundation. Down side you get no pay but the hours are flexable and staff are very nice
Pros
Cons
flexable
Fun place to work.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire5 July 2018
Help customers in need. Replenish stock when free and keep the shop tidy. Keeping a positive and welcoming smile. Changing places from the counter to work upstairs and help with unpacking, tagging and steaming clothes.
fun and educational
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent4 July 2018
great teamwork and deadlines in completing the task were met on time. working conditions and times were flexible. improved my own skills such as communication skills.
Pros
meet new people in the community
Cons
it is flexible
fun
Retail & Deliveries Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax4 July 2018
met new people at this place my days working their were fun and enjoyable, everyday was different i learned alot working here and met alot of interesting but fun people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2