British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews for Marketing Executive

This role was sold to me as sales, and as the dark market became fully fledged by the time I had joined, selling went out the window. Its very controversial to sell tobacco and BAT toe an exceptionally fine line. They are ahead of their game in most they do. They knew the sugar tax was coming! But I do question how long Vapping will be a thing, and how long they profits will really last.
Pros
Dictate your own timetable and day
Cons
KPIs are laughable and its questionable what will happen to people who sell nicotine.....
Things change very quickly and we are constantly chasing a new target. No clear direction after monthly meetings because you can guarantee we will have a new focus the next week. Head office don't seem to know what we do and have no concept of what the field really need.
Pros
Free shares, private healthcare and lunch allowance
Cons
Always a target with tobacco stock and cash
they have a structured way of doing sales which is great. However not all of our customers are the same, you have to treat people as individuals which is something BAT dont understand.
Great place to work. What keeps people there is the diversity, work culture and salaries. However, becoming like any other FMCG company i.e. intense cost cutting drive and organisation restructuring. The tobacco market is also on a rapid decline and this will affect BAT amongst other tobacco companies.