British Airways

British Airways Employee Reviews

United Kingdom766 reviews
Work expectation very high .tools to do the job are not sufficient.not enough quality products ranging from food choice to inflight entertainment systems and equipment not working, constantly trying to win back customers loyalty by solving their problems .morale low . Company now using COVID crises to fire staff and rehire staff on disgraceful terms and conditions .while still a cash rich company. Under currant management it’s a uncaring greedy company to work for .
Pros
The wonderful colleagues and people you meet.
Cons
Not to be valued and respected for making profits for the company.
As above, however I do feel that BA has been very unfair to their staff in this Covid-19 pandemic, however I am hopeful that I will retain my job after BA announcing job losses.
Pros
Staff discount on flights and other areas
The company itself is ok, Travel perks is are fine, but very poor management and difficult in find solution for problems. When something happens and you need a manager or a management solution, they seems to desapper. Staff are not treat well, staff are treated as disposable, not valued.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
Staff not recognised, not valued.
Overall a great company to work for, decent pay and benefits package and cross functional collaboration working relationship with stakeholders. Good career progression opportunity but must prepared to work very hard for it. Highly competitive amongst the peers in order to receive a good bonus at the end of year review.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Competitive and cut throat
Fantastic career with great opportunities available. Second to none training facilities,with additional support available from management when you need it. Would recommend.
Dont do it. Workhouse. Draconian working practices. Chained to your desk. Toilet breaks timed. Pressure constantly. Every move you make is watched. Do something else.
Pros
Cons
All of them
I worked at British Airways i360 for 9 months, terrible place.
Management were self absorbed, two faced, unskilled and under qualified people, not a leader in sight.

HR was not confidential, she shared an office with management and immediately passed on what I said in confidence.

Uniform standards were changed 4 months into my contract, banning tattoos, funnily enough the 70% tattooed team from Brighton couldn't just wash them off so the witch hunt began.

It became a very unpleasant working environment.

A member of staff who was a huge brown noser was promoted with not interview, he was under qualified, the entire team declared he was unfit for the job, but were ignored so the work environment got worse.

Health and safety is ignored, corridors and fire exits were blocked for months despite daily reports of hazards.

Any member of the public who kicked off or even attacked staff would immediately be given free tickets or refunds to "avoid a scene" and staff were persuaded not to report crimes to police under threat of "bringing the company name into disrepute"

The events team have no clue about how to run an event safely or securely, safety should always come before customer experience, wedging open fire doors and leaving tables in front of exits and other ludicrous actions were a regular occurance.

Money was living wage, but not enough for the area, commuting was the only way to live rather than just survive.

The attraction itself is a huge failure, and heavily in debt to its investors including the council,

Uniform standard was stupid, jackets were not allowed
 - more...
Pros
Good team, loyal to each other.
Cons
Bad management, no support, 90% of the team left the company, regular witch hunts rather than leadership, very clicky, health and safety risk, unpleasant work environment, HR was a gossip, shared confidential meeting with staff breaching data protection, seasonal workers will never pass probation.
Awful company to work for with beyond terrible staff/ management relations.
There's no regard at all for the hard work or loyalty of the staff by the senior management.

BA staff, in general, have immense passion for their work but this is knocked out of them systematically by poor management who don't care a jot about the people who work there- it's all about the shareholders and making them more money.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Being away from home: regularly missing important events at home.
The aviation industry is very busy every day and each day can be different. Some of the hardest parts working at BA is dealing with customers who have not received the service they expected. The culture of the workplace was all about team work where everybody contribution made a difference.

The most enjoyable part of the job has always been working to help with customers and staff wellbeing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expectation that you are always available at the drop of a hat
I work a 12hour shift in a 4day rotation the job is busy from start to finish we are responsible for lactating stock for engineer working on planes with a time restriction i work as part of a team i have had to learn new systems as they have been updated and worked with management stepping up into there roll when recovered the hardest part of the job is locating stock but with a great team work ethics we always get the job done
Pros
Being on rotating days allows me to spend time with my family
Cons
Working in an enviroment with no natural light
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at British Airways?
Used to be a really good company but managements greed has taken control. The hours are demanding and your social life does take effect. You can earn money from overtime.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I enjoyed the team and pace of the job. I worked at BA for over 26 years. The shifts were good and the job variation kept you on you toes.
I would say that you need to think fast and be ready for anything.
Long hours, low pay and a hierarchy of the rich at the top getting richer. BA state that the customer is the focus of everything they do...well it’s certainly not their staff!!! Barely enough to live on in or around London and made very clear that there is no plan to improve pay or working conditions.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced operation, great team of people and highly skilled. Manager pay is less than non managers, bonuses are virtually nonexistent. Opportunities are limited.
Pros
Exciting industry, reasonable pay, great team
Cons
Limited opportunities for promotions
Working with a diverse and hard working team. Possibilities to develop in a variety of roles and to travel, make new friends and learn new skills. A busy working environment with flexibility for staff.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
BA treat their mixed fleet employees terribly, from poor pay, minimum rest downroute and between flights, no meal breakfast etc included so often crew have to take tinned food to eat in their room. Such a shame as the job and the crew are fantastic!
Work hard, play hard, geat teamworking and training, ongoing training and exams, good routes and people you work with, lots of experienced crew members who are friends for life
Pros
Travel
Cons
Representing British Airways as a member of Cabin Crew is a unique opportunity. Each customer has their own unique needs and requirements. Each day holds a different challenge from the moment you welcome the customer onboard the aircraft, you are responsible for their comfort and safety. The role includes customer care and communication to serving refreshments. We offer our customers a fantastic flight by anticipating their needs making them feel like an individual so that they want to travel with us again.
Pros
Life style
Cons
Can be lonely.
Under appreciated and over worked. Colleagues are very nice and its different every day. It's a lifestyle, not a job. You have to sacrifice your social life and the work/life balance is near on impossible
I have worked with BA for many years. Experienced many unforgettable things, all of which I feel fortunate to have had. Due to the current environment I am looking for another role where I can give my usual commitment and dedication to.
Appalling senior management. No respect, interest for their loyal long serving staff members.
Avoid working at all cost ..............................
Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Airways. Our community is ready to answer.