British Airways Employee Reviews

A dreadful place akin to a workhouse mentality nowadays...
Senior Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London28 October 2018
A dreadful company led by thugs.

The staff have numbers and the comuters have names.

There is a "yes man" and blame culture and if you're not part of the gang, you get nowhere.

Apply elsewhere, It may have been a great companay, but it is a dinosaur full of snobbery and arrogance.

The managers are all egotistical amateurs, who think their IQ's jump ten points when they start to become hard and insisnsitive: if they put on a Chael jacket, they think they are captains of Industry...

A horrible place to work, these days and the once great crew community is beaten into submission; and undervalued disgracefully. They even allowed the managers to pur on post it notes what they thought of the can-bin crew and ...they weren't restrained or even civil...the language was choice...

Delighted to be out of there.
Pros
concessions
Cons
eveything else.
Depends
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  London24 October 2018
Ideal for those who are care free, can socialise for long periods of time, don't mind missing out on life events at home, and can power through fatigue.

Also ideal for those who have lived a life already and looking for a bit of adventure. Pretty easy work in general but long hours are exhausting.

Lot's of time off with opportunity to go part-time. Staff travel benefits are pretty good.

Don't consider for long term as money will never help you secure a mortgage - without any help of course. It's very much a pay check to pay check job.
Good airline
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport20 October 2018
Very good airline so far, nice destinations and a very good suppottive team during training and during my first time joining.
Colleagues are amazing.
Looking forward
Dynamic and fast paced
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London17 October 2018
Great Place to work, amazing opportunities for career development. Colleagues are passionate, team spirit, all work towards giving our customers a great experience of flying with BA.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London16 October 2018
Enjoyed it at first but then started to implement practices (e.g. self service kiosks) that increased an employee's workload but decreased man power. Benefits and pay was great for a student and fellow colleagues in general were pleasant, management takes ages to get back to you and communication between different teams was horrendous
Impersonal Organisation
Cabiin Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London14 October 2018
I have recently taken redundancy from British Airways, where I worked as Cabin Crew for 22yrs. A once enjoyable working environment has unfortunately degenerated in recent times into a culture of intimidation by management and alienation of longer serving staff. The business has become preoccupied by profit and cost at the expense of quality and experience. The wonderful company I was proud to join in the late 1990’s is now barely recognisable.
Pros
Work / Life Balance, Travel Concessions
Cons
Management Culture / Corporate Politics
Professional workplace
Air cabin crew (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Terminal 52 October 2018
Punctual and professional workplace that provides highest quality of customer service skills especially for a front line staff.
I learned a lot about different countries and their cultures, diversity and understanding of different disabilities.
Hardest part of my job was long trips away from home and long flights, especially night sectors, and time differences.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a broad spectrum of people, both passengers and colleagues. Not a single day was the same and every day was rewarding in different ways.
Pros
Travelling the world
Cons
Night flights and jet lag
Creative enviroment
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex17 September 2018
~Great benefits
~meeting new people everyday
~understanding customer needs and requirements
~Pressure to work in difficult situations and a sense of achievement
Pros
Traveling the world
Cons
Shifts
Extreme customer focus
Customer Relations Adviser (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 September 2018
Contact centre work, if you've never done it before, is very fast-paced and intensive. Every second of your day is accountable - including toilet breaks.

There's opportunity to advance, if your face fits.

Hardest part of the job - dealing with rude customers

Most enjoyable - supportive colleagues and banter
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
High pressure - fast turnaround of colleagues
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2018
Excellent company and ok Benefits but expect to work long hours. Management have high expectations with managing a team which isn't always achievable when you have two days a month to do this.
Pros
Get to Travel the world
Cons
Work life Balance
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Heathrow terminal 530 August 2018
Working for British Airways was always fun as everyday was different and never the same. You also meet loads of different people throughout the day.

In addition, as you speak to many different people everyday you have to adapt all the time and this helped me as I am able to adapt very easily. Furthermore, working in a team was very important as we needed to get through all the customers and get them on their flight without it being delayed. As a result I learnt a lot of skills where I can now work in a team listen and speak to anyone in different environments.
Pros
Big discounts
Cons
Really early starts
Honest review from experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London26 August 2018
A typical day at work involves being treated badly by management, your colleagues and the backstabbing culture that my generation seem to have.

What I will say though is that the customers, despite getting upset quite regularly thanks to senior management making massive cuts and not offering support for any part of the service other than to make profit for paying shareholders and there selves were some of the most amazing people you'd ever meet. It was hard seeing them not receive the service they paid for.

What I learned was that British Airways has changed from a family with some very good people, some who are retiring shortly or are being pushed out to a lower talent pool with far less pay which will forever change the standards of this airline.

Management are horrendous. They will make your life hassle or sack you for anything without a proper thorough investigation. Simply because you are a number, and a replacement is cheaper.

The talent pool is stretched due to the low pay, so some of the people in the job will back-stab you to get above you or out of trouble. This is from first hand experience and the majority of my colleagues who lost there jobs or left.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meting some of the old school people and learning what life really is about. That you must respect your elders because they are knowledgeable.

Any job at BA now will make you work for very bad pay and terms and conditions. Simply to fund capitalism.
Pros
Travelling the world, the views from the airplane and the old school staff
Cons
Hours, Pay, Time off or part lack-off, management and the backstabbing young staff
A very professional company
Customer Service Host (Former Employee) –  West Sussex25 August 2018
I enjoyed working for BA and enjoyed becoming part of the companies culture and working environment. They are a very professional establishment with high standards and high productivity. I loved being an employee of the company and would work for the company again.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Early hours.
social and productive team working environment
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UK25 August 2018
i would recommend the company and would take an a role there myself.
However in a different role as i would like to experience a variety of roles and take new responsibilities and challenges
Pros
professional and busy environment
Cons
could improve on remote working
Overworked and underpaid
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Harmondsworth24 August 2018
I enjoyed my time in the job and that was based on the people I worked with, my line manager and the travel aspect. The pay is awful and you are worked to death. Having to do a three day euro tour before a 3 or 4 day long haul flight is horrendous and you are knackered before you even step foot on the long haul! Days off are spent recovering from flying so my life went in the bin. Worked every Christmas and birthday for 4 years so I became a bit of a let down to my family and friends. If you’re young, full of energy and don’t have a mortgage to pay and want to not sleep ever then go for it!
Pros
Travel, great colleagues
Cons
Pay, jet-lag, bad senior management
monday to friday
customer contact advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central17 August 2018
Monday to Friday, communicational skills, fast paced, friendly atmosphere great holidays and discounts including holiday pay. highly recommend to people who like working in an office and under pressure
a typical day at work
aircraft wheel and tyre tech (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London16 August 2018
very fast paced busy environment. high security badges were needed to access certain areas of the building due to the possibility of the aircraft wheels being tampered with
loved it
British Airways Rapport Agent (Former Employee) –  Belfast3 August 2018
i loved working here, very well run company, brilliant service standards and treats staff wonderfully.

If they hadn't of relocated my job i never would have left!
Proud to have worked here.
Resource Planner (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London14 July 2018
A great company to have proudly worked for with various roles across the business. I have gained many skills here including customer service and the importance of Brand delivery. There really is a 'BA Family' feel to the workplace.
Pros
Staff discounts on travel
Not the best - but not the worst
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 July 2018
BA is not the worst place I've ever worked but that does not mean its good. The job is tedious and boring and there is little to no communicated between the departments. The stress far outweighs the benefits you receive as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Airways. Our community is ready to answer.