British Airways Employee Reviews

Great workplace
World Cargo Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cargo, UK9 May 2018
Great workplace with great people but the shift work is very hard but the progression in the area I worked in was not great. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind the shift work as there are lots of opportunities for overtime and the shifts are very flexible to move around.
Good benefits
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2018
Every day is different, locations and colleagues, good flight discounts and seeing parts of the world you'd never see before, lovely hotels at layovers
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long days
Poor
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2018
Management ruin what could be a good company. No recognition for hard work. Poor standard of new generation engineers. At times can be very dangerous.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Poor management, no recognition for hard work
Fun place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Airport Based2 May 2018
British Airways gives you a lifetime experience, one in which you get to learn about cultures from all over the world and gain an invaluable set of skills which are adaptable for any job role.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent career
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex27 April 2018
The finest engineering establishment in the UK. Great career opportunity and support from local management.The role was challenging and exciting and very rewarding.
Pros
free flights
Cons
poor board level management
enjoyed but was due change
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 April 2018
I've enjoyed long and varied career within cargo at Manchester Airport but feel I've probably exhausted my opportunities now and seek a new challenge in a fresh environment
A proud history
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London26 April 2018
The name means a lot and is a badge people are proud to wear. Everyone pulls together despite some of the management.
Modern cultures around offshoring and extended working hours are becoming more prevalent but overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
Staff travel
Hard work
Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  waterside, London Heathrow25 April 2018
Amazing and extremely hard training. not an easy job. Pay is pretty poor for the job . Lots of legislation issues. Not like it used to be. wasn't for me.
Pros
Amazing support and training
Cons
poor pay, long hours.
Excellent
People Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex22 April 2018
Great company to work for with great benefits which I am still using and enjoying. Would highly recommend it for anyone to work there. People are highly passionate and loyal.
good place to work
Learning and Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  London26 March 2018
I enjoy working in BA. Very good atmosphere and also of chances to progress. It is work to keep correct work and life balance. However it is an aviation industry so very dynamic and quick changing.
Great Company, nepotism within management
Social Media Executive (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 March 2018
Great company to work for, most jobs come with a good salary and good benefits such as staff travel!

Company is very supportive of its employees in terms of the job itself and any other personal issues that might affect your performance at work.

Senior management can be racist, and some nepotism when it comes to internal advancement.
Pros
Staff travel, great work culture
Cons
Long Hours, Senior Management can be racist
Very good to work
Plane loader (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station24 March 2018
Its a good company to work and even better to work there in summer.
Shifts are a bit hard to get used but after a bit you can swap with other staff..
Pros
cheap flight
Cons
weather
Things have changed since then
Long Haul Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Heathrow23 March 2018
Can't comment as the business has changed since then. My views at the time are irrelevant now. The working conditions and company culture have changed.
opportunities to progress
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London22 March 2018
overall a good place to work with good career progression opportunities.

Supportive managers and flexible shifts, good team spirit and each day is di
Excellent company to work for
Level 2 Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Terminal 5 Heathrow19 March 2018
I worked for BA for near 25 years, what a place to work up to the time they moved to terminal 5 and changed over to a bonus based salary system. That is when the moral was depleted and the company started to fast track new starters to job they are not qualified to to.
Still a good company to work for but not as good as it was or could be.
Pros
Reduced travel
Cons
Unqualified management
A lot of opportunities.
Cabin crew (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London16 March 2018
A very sociable job, meeting new people every time you go to work and establishing working relationships very quickly.

I learned a lot about customer service and how to work to their expectations within different cabins.

Managed and coordinated the service.
Not Great
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London15 March 2018
Not treated as an individual. Unfortunately BA only thinks about the profit and does not care for their employees. Definitely would consider something else before this job.
Fun job to have for a few years
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 March 2018
I enjoyed working at British Airways, I got to do a lot of travelling and meeting new people. Obviously, as there are to all jobs, there were downsides such as management being seemingly none existent. This doesn't effect day to day work.
Pros
Travel, fun, nice people to work with
Cons
Poor management and HR
Airline world always very intresting as dealing direct with the airplanes
INTERNATIONAL AIR FREIGHT / RESERVATION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Milano, Lombardia12 March 2018
Very big international company where i had the chance ti start my experience in the logistic world .
Handling and organisation of the bookings and full operation .
Fully trained by british for handle any type of goods and learn the basic rules of the logistics .
Pros
Holidays offers
Worse place I've worked
Aeronautical Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 March 2018
Cardiff airport I heard was a no go by others but decided to keep an open mind, first day in I had misplaced a tool which I reported.. was then accused of stealing said tool then sacked.
Management in BAMC is atrociously bad and accusations seem to be sprung loaded there. I hear stories of people getting sacked for things as minor as checking mobiles.. a case of politics gone mad in my eyes.
Pros
Breakfast is Delicous and cheap
Cons
Poor management, unfair treatment of individuals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Airways. Our community is ready to answer.