Britannia Hotels Ltd

Britannia Hotels Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom262 reviews
Management need to focus more on staff and most of all customer care and satisfaction and less on themselves. Tools needed for a successful job done needs some investment.
I worked as a C&B sales then in admin, all good at first but then they bought more hotels and it became far to stressful, I had no help whatsoever in my department. It’s hard to sell the hotel for weddings etc as it’s so dated and something from the 1980’s, and don’t get me started on the food. Bully from the very top down, they will sack u on the spot, don’t work there.
Pros
Some staff were nice
Cons
Old fashioned, horrible people.
Worse company I have ever worked for. Would make you do other jobs. Very clicky and if you didn’t fit in made you feel like an outsider. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them.
Management don't know what there doing, place was riddled with bedbugs nothing done to change this, constantly changing duties of staff members, started as housekeeper left after being moved to 3 different job roles in company.
Cons
Una empresa que cuida a sus trabajadores. Muy bien y agusto
Fast-paced and a fantastic team, I’d start working for Britannia Hotels again I really enjoyed working there, great management Team and very easy to work with
Pros
Free uniform and meals
Although the shifts at the restaurant are harsh (split shifts) working enviroment was awesome. People were working as a team, managment was polite and took great care of the employees. I was always paid on time and when i had to stop working there i received all legal benefits.
Ps Restaurant is open only for breakfast and dinner thats why split shifts cannot be avoided.s cacabavoided
Pros
Teamwork. Breakfast and dineer for all employees.
Cons
Split shifts
I was called thick and stupid and degraded at work and the company did nothing about it still to today nothing still don't work there dont workdon'tgo
If you don’t value fair pay, a good work/life balance and job security, then sign up to work for Britannia Hotels!
Luckily I got out before COVID-19 hit as everyone who worked for Britannia for less than two years had their contracts (all of which are zero hours by the way!) terminated, those who stayed longer were made redundant! Absolutely shocking!

This summarises a company that does not care about its employees, willingly cuts down pay, hours and expects its staff to work long days while the staff team is on the bare bones of its backside!
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here, there is no professionalism within the management at all, it’s like been on a play ground with a bunch of angry children.
They did not even have an interview process, was hired on the spot through a phone call. They also had me on unpaid 'induction shifts' for two weeks even though I already had the job. You are left to look after the gym/pool facilities all by yourself for the entire shift, the amount of duties is from cleaning to using chemicals and taking drink orders which I found to be stupid. I was promised a pay rise which I never received even though I was put through training and fully qualified, the facilities are absolutely shocking nothing worked at all, the door to the leisure club didn't even work and hit people in the face. The customers treat you like garage understandably because the facilities are atrocious and the majority of my job was either apologising or handling irritated customers, the staff are somewhat nice well some of them however there is no management and what was supposed to be a new manager jumped ship after 3 weeks. All in all I wouldn't even touch this company with a barge pole they are awful and treat you like replicable trash and you are pretty much left to deal with everything yourself. On top of that the hotel is a stop off for migrants and most of the leisure facilities closed due to the equipment in the pool plant room which is ancient. I was never informed of what to do and my 'training' was just sitting on the desk. The only enjoyable part was getting experience of dealing with stressful situations but it wears you out. To anyone looking to apply I strongly advise going elsewhere the company do not care about staff remotely and pay you peanuts and expect - more...
I enjoyed working for Britannia Hotels. I worked as part of a team and enjoyed talking each day to group organisers and tour companies and also building rapprt with staff in the hotels
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
when joining the bar looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, mould growth was visible behind dish washer, dish washer did not clean glasses, management to cheap to fix this, fruit fly flying around, very very understaffed. rarely get a break which in law suggest it should be uninterrupted however been on 9 hour shifts and no break was given. LOTS OF STRESS. only One bar maid when busy. always getting complaints on food which is understandable would not eat there myself. one of the worst managed hotels i have ever been too 100% do not bother. manager could not care any less for proper business, was rude, only thing that kept me there was some staff members which again were used and abused. the hotel itself is chaotic. spoke to managers about this said it would change yet still the same old.
Dismissed unfairly at end of 7 hour shift after 53 weeks service and winning employee of the month. No reason given manager is a joke. Never ill late or let them down. Bromsgrove hotel and spa...stay away.
management quality is absolutely awful. however it isnt the lower level managers. it is the ones that are supposed to be running the show, they have absolutely no respect for staff and couldnt care about you as a person. you could put 110% effort in or 0% and you will always get the same response. in this company you feel undervalued and underappreciated. you will receive the bare minimum of training and be expected to pick up the job no matter which department you join. The staff are the only thing that will make you want to stay as for the majority, theyre some of the nicest people youll ever meet. on the other hand there are members who will act as if theyre your friend but will throw you under the bus as soon as possible to save themselves instead of taking responsibility for their mistakes.
Pros
Certain staff members
Cons
Shocking "management"
Poor company rubbish pay and staff treat you like dirt work lots of hours for next to no pay and the staff don't know how to work together arguments and tension between staff is not a good environment to be in
0 hour contracts, poor management, staff mistreat with not enough hours todo the work, ignore the benefits offered staff holiday rooms are almost always declined. Absolute joke of a company
You work hard. They do not take into account the worker's sacrifices. They pay you less. They do not keep you working hours and do not care if you do not charge to survive
Really the worst experience of my working life! The owner is one of the most unpleasant people I have ever worked for. A complete bully!!! The ethos towards customers was shocking for a business that is within the hospitality sector.
I believe they have earned this honour 7 years running
Dreadful but very rich owners

Rooms were smelly

But my team were hard working but poorly rewarded or respected
Pros
Non. Free food I suppose
Cons
The job
A typical day would involve checking people in and out of the hotel, dealing with customer enquiries, ensuring the safe and till balanced at the end of your shift. Enjoyed the role and would have enjoyed working there if it wasn't for the management.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Britannia Hotels Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4