Bristol Airport Employee Reviews in Bristol

No progression
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bristol21 November 2019
If you want to work with a company which doesn't value it's staff and new ideas and is run by Management which are only interested in their own jobs and future then this is the place for you.
Pros
Health care
Stressfull
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 November 2019
Stressfull annoying pedantic awkward stupid can’t go to toilet without an escort
Escort needed wherever you go. Security checks and 5 years work history needed
Great work Experience
Airport staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol24 October 2019
During my year 10 year I took a week of work experience at Bristol Airport, where I was able to work with many different people in their different sectors of work. throughout the week I was able to work with: advertising, design, security, management, fire and rescue and runway management. All of these sectors provided information on the workplace and how the airport operates.
Fun place to work
Airside coach driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol12 June 2019
Never worked in this sort of environment more lots of training to start with but then when u get airside you realise why so much training every body has a place to be and a job to do can b stressful but always fun even when chucking it down first wave can be manic 39 aircraft all moving at similar times love it here
Pros
Good team mates great training
Cons
Can b long hrs but thats ur choice
Great people and place
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 April 2019
No two day are the same, a busy and lively environment. Lots of helpful friendly people to support you. Lots of fun and sense of place and community. Great vision and strategy leading the business forward and creating change and opportunities.
Lead Business Systems Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 November 2018
Lead Business Analyst responsible for harmonising Bristol Airport process portfolio, with proposals provided and presented to the programme board. Business analyst and Project Manager for multiple high-profile projects, including the implementation of Dynamics 365 for finance, Replacement of e-commerce system, the development of Bristol Airport Consumer App, SharePoint intranet and implementation of a new IT help desk solution.
The only life you have is with work colleagues
Customer experience host (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 August 2018
I loved the job itself as everyday was different, the problem was that you were lead to believe you’re ideas to improve service mattered - turns out if you’re not management they don’t care what you think and just want yes people working there kissing management but!! Loved my colleagues but the shifts ruined family and social life - it’s a great job if you are single with no commitments and don’t mind living your life through the airport but if you have family it will completely take over your life.
Pros
Never knowing what will happen next, never boring
Cons
Long hours, takes over life, not what they make the job out to be
good training
CHECK-IN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 August 2018
The training given was very good and you learn a lot. Its a fun place to work and you get to socialise with lots of different people. You have to work some night shifts
Overworked, hidden debts in contract
Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 June 2018
Would often work ridiculously long shifts and would be unable to leave the airport without someone else. No training given whatsoever, instead you are shouted at for not knowing how to work a job you haven't been trained in. Could not speak to the manager as they were practically a bully. SSP tried to fine me after leaving over details that were not in the employment contract. Important to be careful on this as I know people who have left with debts. Do NOT work for this company if you value your work/life balance or care about your mental health.
Pros
Some work colleges are really nice people
Cons
Airport is an awful environment to work in. Management behave like bullies
Official response from Bristol Airport
4 July 2018

Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, to help us rectify the concerns that you have raised.

pcv management poor
ground transportation pcv team (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 June 2018
long shifts
pcv manager totally unapproachable borderline bully
long shifts driving team excellent great teamwork
salary and other benefits good.
no cash to worry about when busy it is really busy
Official response from Bristol Airport
11 July 2018

Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, so we can investigate the matters you have raised.

Summer work at Bristol Airport
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol airport23 May 2018
The work was long, hard and unpleasant.

When I finished the job I find out that I owe them money for the airport pass, £98. A huge sum, and not at all made clear when starting the job.

When going for part time work be sure to read the small print and make sure you know what you're getting into. Only if you're employed for a year or more do they not charge for the airport pass.
Pros
Co-workers were lovely
Cons
Debt at the end, long hours
terrible
(WHSmiths) - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 May 2018
incompetent managment and fraudgelence attempted, i stood for 8 hours reading books and manager leaves at 5 leaving staff to make decisions that they should make
Pros
i read 3 books in 4 shifts with nothing to do
Cons
manager, long days, nothing to do
Good workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol Airport6 September 2017
Bristol Airport is a great company to work for which provides numerous opportunities for development. Staff are friendly and the benefits are quite good.
Interesting workplace
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG1 January 2016
As a main receptionist for my team, I have learnt how to be the leader and manage the team of receptionists.
Ensuring that professional customer service is delivered to all customer's.
Communicating and listening is also vital especially with different age groups and types of customer's.
Pros
Every shift is different
Cons
Night shift
A nice place to work in
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 November 2015
Nice staff, and the job is nice too, because you can learn a lot in there. But sometimes it was really hard of busy hours, but time passed quickly there, because of the friendly people.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Long shifts
Friendly workplace but not treated equal.
Executive Lounge receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol Airport23 February 2015
From experience of working in bristol airport executive lounge, i would say its a great place to work with such friendly colleagues, you cant walk to clock in and clock out without everyone saying hello and smiling at you which is lovely. But there is a few problems with the management team looking down on employees and I wouldn't say everyone gets treated equally/fair.
Pros
Free Food in the lounge
Cons
Shift work, problems with payroll not paying the correct amount each month.
productive and good team work
Project Manager / Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG1 October 2014
I have covered a wide range of electrical installations plant maintenance, H.V switching / plant operations / p.p.m’s along with electrical inspection and testing over my career. I have also gained greater multi-skilled experience, however I am always still willing to learn new skills. I have recently completed a level five BTEC diploma in management studies & a NEBOSH qualification. I have the aspirations and drive to keep succeeding at management level. I have excellent communication and influencing skills as well as being highly organised with excellent commitment. I am a very self motivated individual and I always work at the highest standards as proven from feedback (Appraisals / KPI’s) I enjoy motivating & developing individuals along with implementing changes to make improvements to the business. I currently also cover the head of engineering at Bristol airport while he is on leave as well as carrying out my own role and I have always received positive feedback and recognition.

My main duties are running and controlling various projects at Bristol Airport, I’m currently running over twenty projects in which some are very important to the business and its operations from an entire new access & control / fire alarm & BMS control systems. When I’m not undertaking project work I assist with the planning and preparing of all electrical / mechanical and general maintenance tasks on Bristol airport’s infrastructures and outside areas including the terminal building / airfield / car parks / substations etc. This can be from new installation work, planned maintenance or fault
  more... finding.
Other areas I look after are landscaping, site wide fire alarm and security systems, the terminal BMS system, chillers and many more to mention.

I monitor & inspect that all operational assets are managed correctly to minimise any loss of service or any operational issues that may affect the business, customer experience or business partners. I also have the duties of controlling contractors on site that work at the airport from obtaining quotes from them, raising orders to writing out their permit’s after checking their RAMS, a lot of my time is office bound where I have many other duties from raising purchase orders & writing capex papers for project’s to the board.

There are many regularity compliance systems that need to be monitored and carried out at Bristol airport and this also falls within my job role to manage, along with project managing various jobs & liaising with our development team on new builds & proposed work on site. I manage all the AGL (airfield ground lighting) to make sure we comply with CAP 168 and I work very close with NAT’s our air traffic control team.

I currently have been very involved with the engineering departments current restructure with implementing changes to work patterns & changes to maintenance strategies, with creating new data systems to support these changes. I also manage contractors that fall under engineering & maintenance work on site, and also my own Bristol airport engineering team where I was once a team leader.

The team I currently help to manage consists of twelve shift engineers / two maintenance technicians / a trainee engineer & an engineering safety and contractor co-ordinator. Since my recent level 5 diploma course in management studies I have more experience with departmental budgeting & organising the team’s training needs along with their annual appraisals & 360 feedbacks and setting them their individual & team KPI’s, and carrying out their individual midyear reviews & annual appraisals.

I work very close with suppliers to make sure of a good service and financial gain to the business, along with implementing a professional relationship with our support contractors (Smiths detection / ATG etc)
Since my NEBOSH qualification I have been more involved in making and implementing safe systems of work for the team & contractors as well as helping with making changes to our departmental health & safety policy.

I currently cover the head of engineering at Bristol airport while he is on leave as well as carrying out my own role and I have always received positive feedback and recognition.
hard graft
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol Airport17 July 2013
start @ 4am finish @ 12:30ish, learnt about different aircraft, managers ??? the teams are made up of 5 people sometimes most of the time they got along but its a high pressure job,Hardest part is the constant lifting anything from 1kg to 32kgs for 8 hours, most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the clients and their bags made it to the destination.