Bristol Airport Employee Reviews

Stressfull
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 November 2019
Stressfull annoying pedantic awkward stupid can’t go to toilet without an escort
Escort needed wherever you go. Security checks and 5 years work history needed
Great work Experience
Airport staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol24 October 2019
During my year 10 year I took a week of work experience at Bristol Airport, where I was able to work with many different people in their different sectors of work. throughout the week I was able to work with: advertising, design, security, management, fire and rescue and runway management. All of these sectors provided information on the workplace and how the airport operates.
Nice place to work
PCV Driver (Current Employee) –  Silverzone14 August 2019
Enjoying my time hear just want to progress my career further at time I feel like I’m going backwards rather than towards my goals very understanding when you have a illness
Fun place to work
Airside coach driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol12 June 2019
Never worked in this sort of environment more lots of training to start with but then when u get airside you realise why so much training every body has a place to be and a job to do can b stressful but always fun even when chucking it down first wave can be manic 39 aircraft all moving at similar times love it here
Pros
Good team mates great training
Cons
Can b long hrs but thats ur choice
Great people and place
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 April 2019
No two day are the same, a busy and lively environment. Lots of helpful friendly people to support you. Lots of fun and sense of place and community. Great vision and strategy leading the business forward and creating change and opportunities.
A busy place to work
Head of Ground Transportation (Current Employee) –  Admin offices27 January 2019
Operational teams are fantastic. The salaries are varied but the benefits are good. There is major expansion planned over the next 10 to 20 years so lots of jobs available.
Lead Business Systems Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 November 2018
Lead Business Analyst responsible for harmonising Bristol Airport process portfolio, with proposals provided and presented to the programme board. Business analyst and Project Manager for multiple high-profile projects, including the implementation of Dynamics 365 for finance, Replacement of e-commerce system, the development of Bristol Airport Consumer App, SharePoint intranet and implementation of a new IT help desk solution.
The only life you have is with work colleagues
Customer experience host (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 August 2018
I loved the job itself as everyday was different, the problem was that you were lead to believe you’re ideas to improve service mattered - turns out if you’re not management they don’t care what you think and just want yes people working there kissing management but!! Loved my colleagues but the shifts ruined family and social life - it’s a great job if you are single with no commitments and don’t mind living your life through the airport but if you have family it will completely take over your life.
Pros
Never knowing what will happen next, never boring
Cons
Long hours, takes over life, not what they make the job out to be
good training
CHECK-IN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 August 2018
The training given was very good and you learn a lot. Its a fun place to work and you get to socialise with lots of different people. You have to work some night shifts
Overworked, hidden debts in contract
Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 June 2018
Would often work ridiculously long shifts and would be unable to leave the airport without someone else. No training given whatsoever, instead you are shouted at for not knowing how to work a job you haven't been trained in. Could not speak to the manager as they were practically a bully. SSP tried to fine me after leaving over details that were not in the employment contract. Important to be careful on this as I know people who have left with debts. Do NOT work for this company if you value your work/life balance or care about your mental health.
Pros
Some work colleges are really nice people
Cons
Airport is an awful environment to work in. Management behave like bullies
Official response from Bristol Airport
4 July 2018

Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, to help us rectify the concerns that you have raised.

pcv management poor
ground transportation pcv team (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 June 2018
long shifts
pcv manager totally unapproachable borderline bully
long shifts driving team excellent great teamwork
salary and other benefits good.
no cash to worry about when busy it is really busy
Official response from Bristol Airport
11 July 2018

Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, so we can investigate the matters you have raised.

Summer work at Bristol Airport
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol airport23 May 2018
The work was long, hard and unpleasant.

When I finished the job I find out that I owe them money for the airport pass, £98. A huge sum, and not at all made clear when starting the job.

When going for part time work be sure to read the small print and make sure you know what you're getting into. Only if you're employed for a year or more do they not charge for the airport pass.
Pros
Co-workers were lovely
Cons
Debt at the end, long hours
terrible
(WHSmiths) - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 May 2018
incompetent managment and fraudgelence attempted, i stood for 8 hours reading books and manager leaves at 5 leaving staff to make decisions that they should make
Pros
i read 3 books in 4 shifts with nothing to do
Cons
manager, long days, nothing to do
Dynamic workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Administration24 March 2018
Ever changing fast paced environment, where many have worked there for their whole life. A family feel. Operations staff are highly motivated and efficient. All work together well. There is good internal progression.
Very friendly.Made to feel like part of a family.Very good place to work if you appertain a permanent job.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  silverzone9 February 2018
I was only seasonal staff last year and i found it one of the best job's I've ever had.sad to see it go at the end of the season but hopefully going back now this season to do it all again.
Pros
Very good working culture
Cons
wasn't permanent only seasonal.
Good workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol Airport6 September 2017
Bristol Airport is a great company to work for which provides numerous opportunities for development. Staff are friendly and the benefits are quite good.
Varied work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol / Lulsgate16 December 2016
No day is the same here. Being a diverse environment meeting people from all walks of life - and countries. You will always go home with a story to tell.
Pros
Culture / team mates
Cons
Long hours/shift work
Interesting workplace
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG1 January 2016
As a main receptionist for my team, I have learnt how to be the leader and manage the team of receptionists.
Ensuring that professional customer service is delivered to all customer's.
Communicating and listening is also vital especially with different age groups and types of customer's.
Pros
Every shift is different
Cons
Night shift
A nice place to work in
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 November 2015
Nice staff, and the job is nice too, because you can learn a lot in there. But sometimes it was really hard of busy hours, but time passed quickly there, because of the friendly people.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Long shifts
good team workers.
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol / Lulsgate, ENG17 June 2015
I work with a very happy and contented team of people who like me have a great respect for what they have to do, bearing in mind safety is of a very high standard.

The only reason for me wanting a change is the fact I need employment at a more local level.
Cons
Long Hour shifts are required