Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
I liked the work but sadly the middle management were ineffectual & unable to adapt so pressure was often put on the Agency/Temps to make Airside work productively ~ I did not have experience of Terminal Side.
I enjoyed to work there but wages were not so good unfortunately. Management was ok, but not the greatest. And lady who trained us was brilliant an very supportive.
Working there is relatively stressful during busy periods but you are well looked after and companies work together to complete tasks at hand, all workers are cooperative and all have a sense of community
The team are lovely, people are friendly and it can be a very sociable place to work getting to know all the terminal staff.
Because of the security and the location of the office, you had to arrive 30 minutes before your shift started to go from the car park on the bus then through security and walk to the office, which is 2.5 hours over the week that you don’t get paid for! The shift pattern was long and had not real pattern sometimes I was getting up at 3am and then going to bed at 8pm, then straight into a night shift where I was getting to work at 8pm and going to bed at 8am, there is no social life with this work if you don’t mind working all hours and long days then I wouldn’t recommend.
I currently work for swissport at Cardiff Airport, and I would like to transfer to Bristol Airport please, I like to keep busy and not afraid of working, airports are meant to be busy all the time, unlike Cardiff Airport,
this company was a pleasure to work for start to finish
a professional company with great resources

support was outstanding and the training was comprehensive
If you want to work with a company which doesn't value it's staff and new ideas and is run by Management which are only interested in their own jobs and future then this is the place for you.
Pros
Health care
Stressfull annoying pedantic awkward stupid can’t go to toilet without an escort
Escort needed wherever you go. Security checks and 5 years work history needed
During my year 10 year I took a week of work experience at Bristol Airport, where I was able to work with many different people in their different sectors of work. throughout the week I was able to work with: advertising, design, security, management, fire and rescue and runway management. All of these sectors provided information on the workplace and how the airport operates.
A typically day at Bristol airport is very busy, I have learnt great customer service and a lot about what people want to make them happy. The hardest part is trying to meet the requirements.
Enjoying my time hear just want to progress my career further at time I feel like I’m going backwards rather than towards my goals very understanding when you have a illness
Never worked in this sort of environment more lots of training to start with but then when u get airside you realise why so much training every body has a place to be and a job to do can b stressful but always fun even when chucking it down first wave can be manic 39 aircraft all moving at similar times love it here
Pros
Good team mates great training
Cons
Can b long hrs but thats ur choice
No two day are the same, a busy and lively environment. Lots of helpful friendly people to support you. Lots of fun and sense of place and community. Great vision and strategy leading the business forward and creating change and opportunities.
Operational teams are fantastic. The salaries are varied but the benefits are good. There is major expansion planned over the next 10 to 20 years so lots of jobs available.
Lead Business Analyst responsible for harmonising Bristol Airport process portfolio, with proposals provided and presented to the programme board. Business analyst and Project Manager for multiple high-profile projects, including the implementation of Dynamics 365 for finance, Replacement of e-commerce system, the development of Bristol Airport Consumer App, SharePoint intranet and implementation of a new IT help desk solution.
I loved the job itself as everyday was different, the problem was that you were lead to believe you’re ideas to improve service mattered - turns out if you’re not management they don’t care what you think and just want yes people working there kissing management but!! Loved my colleagues but the shifts ruined family and social life - it’s a great job if you are single with no commitments and don’t mind living your life through the airport but if you have family it will completely take over your life.
Pros
Never knowing what will happen next, never boring
Cons
Long hours, takes over life, not what they make the job out to be
The training given was very good and you learn a lot. Its a fun place to work and you get to socialise with lots of different people. You have to work some night shifts
Would often work ridiculously long shifts and would be unable to leave the airport without someone else. No training given whatsoever, instead you are shouted at for not knowing how to work a job you haven't been trained in. Could not speak to the manager as they were practically a bully. SSP tried to fine me after leaving over details that were not in the employment contract. Important to be careful on this as I know people who have left with debts. Do NOT work for this company if you value your work/life balance or care about your mental health.
Pros
Some work colleges are really nice people
Cons
Airport is an awful environment to work in. Management behave like bullies
Official response from Bristol Airport
4 July 2018
Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, to help us rectify the concerns that you have raised.
long shifts
pcv manager totally unapproachable borderline bully

long shifts driving team excellent great teamwork

salary and other benefits good.

no cash to worry about when busy it is really busy
Official response from Bristol Airport
11 July 2018
Thank you for raising these concerns. We take your comments very seriously and would like to give you the opportunity to speak with someone from the Airport's People & Performance Team, in confidence, so we can investigate the matters you have raised.
The work was long, hard and unpleasant.

When I finished the job I find out that I owe them money for the airport pass, £98. A huge sum, and not at all made clear when starting the job.

When going for part time work be sure to read the small print and make sure you know what you're getting into. Only if you're employed for a year or more do they not charge for the airport pass.
Pros
Co-workers were lovely
Cons
Debt at the end, long hours
incompetent managment and fraudgelence attempted, i stood for 8 hours reading books and manager leaves at 5 leaving staff to make decisions that they should make
Pros
i read 3 books in 4 shifts with nothing to do
Cons
manager, long days, nothing to do