Brightwork Ltd Employee Reviews

Poor company avoid at all costs
Driver fitter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow john lewis29 October 2018
Went for job with this agency.They don't even have the decency to let you know the outcome.Poor to say the least.they are involved with John Lewis which again take on people willy nilly and speek to you like a child.i always thought john Lewis was a good outfit well think again.the drivers are mostly temp and it's like a conveyor belt one in one out.do NOT let yourself be used and abused by the company.what you see behind the scenes is shocking.warehouse staff especially hard pushed and moral is rock bottom.
Pros
Cons
Abussive staff in logistics
Poor, remote, communicators. Didn't pay me. Ignored my letters.
"Loader" (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire16 October 2018
Dodgy agency. I was hired via Triage, via Jobcentre. Brightwork Agency didn't pay me for my time working via them and never acknowledged my letters. Their employee was very rude when I said I wouldn't work for them again because of non-payment. Unprofessional, to say the least.
Pros
Cons
No face to face meetings, all online or telephone. Raising a grievance is impossible.
professional and loyal
storeman /labourer (Former Employee) –  Alloa, Clackmannanshire5 October 2018
Although ive only worked with the company for a short period of time i can honestly say that the company and more specifically my main contact within said company Andrew from their glasgow office have been everything an agency should be but rarely are i would gladly recommend them to anyone without any hesitation or doubt
very good
Support worker and carer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 August 2018
am a hard working individual who enjoys working as a team am good team ,i learned a lot things through in house trainings,am able to communicate effectively as all levels
Pros
free cups of tea
Cons
giving shifts at short notice
Friendly place to work
Domestic Assistant/ catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian6 December 2016
I have had a great experience with Brightwork staff do there best to find work that suits me and my situation.

I enjoy nice to get different experiences and meet different people.
Pros
Lots of work when needed
Personal development
Catering and Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT19 April 2015
Through this job I improved interpersonal skills. Further, thanks to face to face dealing with many types of guests and costumers I learned how to behave in stressful and chaotic situations which makes me calm and solid in the key solutions issues.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  EDINBURGH11 November 2014
A typical day at work is enjoying and learn next tasks every day
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Enjoyable workplace
FLT DRIVER/ STOREMAN (Current Employee) –  CUMBERNAULD10 March 2014
In a typical day I pick,pack and process orders for the uk and ireland for next day delivery using the sap system aswell as goods inward.As a result I have learned to work to a high standard in a fast paced environment.My management team are strict but fair and my co-workers are mostly easy to get along with.The hardest part of the job is the sales and planning department are based in london.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Not enough job stability
Well constructed workplace. Pleasant workplace.
Temporary Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow/Renfrewshire23 October 2012
On a typical day at work in the place i have been placed most recently, I would turn up about 10 past 8 in order to start at 8:30. I would begin work and collect fruit for snack, prepare snack and tables and do a general clean up in the room for the children splitting up. On an average day I learn more about appropriate discipline to use in the workplace, I often learn new things about the children and their development. My co-workers are friendly and helpful if I have any problems. Management is very informative and friendly, they are pleasant to speak to if I have a problem. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I am just a temporary staff member. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time spent working with children and know that each day i will learn something new.
Pros
great hours, variety of workplaces and friendly staff members.
Cons
the jobs given are just temporary.