Brightstar Corp Employee Reviews

Competive and high energy.
Sales Manager / District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT22 April 2018
Quotas seemed to be a little steep. When the corporate store was bought by a indirect retailer, quotas went through the roof. When you in a small town of 10k to 15k people 500 devices a month is a little high.
a little tiring but nothing to push yourself for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, IL11 April 2018
working at brightstar was a good experience with the people and the attention everyone is treated equally when it comes to pay or a problem that some one may have with another person.
Pros
we get a second break
Cons
they dont pay lunch
Some freedom as a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UT5 April 2018
Store managers get a little flexibility and freedom to run their own stores. However Brightstar likes to constantly move upper management around and different store managers in different stores because the company lacks the proper pay and recognition to deal with the stress of the customers and the upper management which is why the turn over rate is high. Most managers like this job, but end up resigning because they get a different district manager.
Pros
Around the latest electronic smart phones. Small discounts.
Cons
Hypocritical Corporate Office, Micro-Managing District Managers, False Friend Managers fishing for info.
Good for your resume, bad for every other aspect of work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, IL14 March 2018
Management is poor, opportunities for growth/advancement are few and far between. Benefits package sucks, they expect brightstar to be your life and your commitments outside of work can "wait". Compensation for your work is very low, bonuses are now taken away from everyone except managers and above
Pros
Lots of free food all the time, get ready to gain weight
Cons
Benefits, work/life balance, few opportunities for advancement, compensation, cliquey work environment
Bad
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL18 February 2018
Not much to say about this company. Bad place to work, terrible culture, no respect for the individual, total chaos, no sense direction, no guidance - a mess.
great workplace
I.T. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL5 February 2018
very great workspace, nice environment , nice people, great location. managers were nice. everyone is respectful, professional and very helpful. brightstar is great.
Pros
great food
Good challenge
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Prestons NSW31 January 2018
I've learned to be out of my comfort zone and to do more than just my work. It is a very busy environment to work with so it can be hard to mingle with each other.
Slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT29 January 2018
Basically got paid to play on my phone.....if your into that sort of thing. For me, I have to have a steady pace work environment to be able to want to work and come back. I can't just stand around and do nothing so thats why i was there for less than two weeks. It just wasnt for me.
Administración por impulso
Jefe de Calidad (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca23 January 2018
Nunca antes trabajé bajo tan mala dirección. En el ambiente solo reina el chisme. No hay metas claras.
Pros
la señora de la cafeteria
Cons
La gerencia general y de zona franca
Empresa com boas oportunidades.
Líder de Operações (Former Employee) –  Jundiaí, SP19 January 2018
A empresa é séria e procura dar as melhores condições de trabalho para seus funcionários.
Pros
Ótimos Benefícios
Cons
Não fornece ônibus fretado

Want to know more about Brightstar Corp?

Ask a question
Greedy Franchise
Sales (Former Employee) –  Utah5 January 2018
Honestly it wasn’t a bad job. The reason it’s rated so low is because they cut your commission and pay you next to nothing. Even being a top performer you get your pay cut over ridiculous things. Hours are good. But felt deceptive for sure.
Pros
Discounted phone plan
Cons
Terrible pay, Slow, Unreachable goals
Pesimo manejo y pobre crecimiento profesional
ANALISTA DE NOMINA (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca25 December 2017
Es una empresa que tiene nada bueno para aportar. Donde no creces, nada te aportan, donde no se aprende. Las directices no son claras. Mucho menos los objetivos de area. El area de xalidad es solo un espectador que solo hace señalamientos caprichosos bajo el aval de sus patrocinadores. La mediocridad de los jefes y la gerencia esta a la orden del dia solo tratando de apagar incendios debido a la pobreza de herramientas tecnologicas y sistemas de informacion. Gestion humana es un ejecutor del que no entra a la rosca ni al favoritismo.
Pros
Los productos que se comercializan
Cons
Pobre cultura empresarial y valores corporativos
Empresa Excelente
Analista de Compras Pleno (Former Employee) –  Jundiaí, SP25 December 2017
Empresa organizada, com regras de complice. A área de compras no qual eu trabalhava, tem uma gerente excelente.
Pros
tiketi
Cons
Falt estacionamento
Brightstar has changed to the WORSE!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL15 December 2017
New Management changes the strategy every couple of months, people who have truly built the company are being let go. I couldn't keep up with the toxic environment so had to leave. The new CEO is inexperienced in the Wireless Industry and only brings in his peers as senior leaders - nepotism much?!
Sales driven
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 December 2017
We always made a way to find new sales methods and gain more knowledge on product and offers. The workplace culture was awesome, we had great vibes with staff as well as customers.
Pros
Great Staff and Great Customers
Cons
Sprint needs to continue to improve its network
Started out good...
Gopher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 December 2017
This place is lead by incompetent management. Those that work here know who they are. Certain members of management have no place being in such a position. All the good workers leave, and we're left with mouth breathing morons like Mr. "Bless Your Heart" on the 6th floor...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Incompetent Management, Hr
Good and Bad
Web Content Administrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE19 November 2017
Great co-workers, good benefits. Culture is fun, fast paced, casual dress, flexible hours. But lack of ability to progress in career, and significantly low pay.
Finacne
Global Credit Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL6 November 2017
Brightstar is a great internship where I get to work on my fundamental financial skills. I would recommend anyone who is looking for an internship in the Miami area to check it out.
Great Company apply and join the team
Customer Service Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, IL17 October 2017
Brightstar is a great company to work for I've been there for almost 3 years. I love the atmosphere and the people I work with.Apply if you're looking
Pros
annually bonus
Cons
location
Best work place, Good team work & Best Leadership
IT BA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 October 2017
Best Place to work & excellent team work & Leadership. Great people to work. Good Motivation, Excellent work place to learn & move with great passion in career.