Brighthouse Careers Management reviews

Lobotomy would be better
Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birtley17 May 2019
If you are a honest hard working human being with morals and standards this job is not for you. Ripping people off daily with poor second hand products with some electricals not even fitted or electric tested properly.management inexperienced sly spineless out for themselves basically at gutter level TOTAL CLOWNS . Used to be bearable once but nearly all decent people have left.just total chaos anything goes if your not an a--- licker don't apply you have been warned!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Getting my life back
Cons
They are still operating
Avoid at all cost
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear9 May 2019
You have heard all the bad publicity lately. Ripping customers off!! Well they now Rip off the employees. I have worked here 5 yrs and it was ok but slowly got worse to the point all drivers want out. Like other retailers that want bust thats where b,house is heading, take my advise from an employees, run away and dont look back
Cons
Do not work for this company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clacton23 April 2019
They say with thier company policy and procedures during training that they are fun, family, diverse and positive but nothing could be further from the truth. They think that work banter includes discrimation that is totally unacceptable, they are also unprofessional and just like to stand around and chat, and the management is terrible poor. Don't file grievances about colleauges with this company if you are hated from day one and nasty things are said to you which are now unlawful in this country, they will end your probation like they did to me. Worst store to work for is the Clacton one, don't do it. They even get your national insurance number wrong for payroll delaying payment of your wages.

Worst company to work for ever, in my experience.
Pros
Cigeratte breaks, youll need them working for this bunch.
Cons
How much time do you have?
Worst job I have ever had
Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire28 March 2019
I was an accounts advisor for brighthouse for a year. And I can honestly say it has been the most stressful, difficult and painful year of my life.
I’ve just read what they have put as the ‘job description’ this is 100% incorrect and so far from the truth of what the job is and what the company expect from you. If I was to describe the job role it would be BAYLIFF! The business do not care about the debt customers (which is whom you will be dealing with) it is all about numbers and not about the people. It’s disgusting how they treat their staff and there customers. I give the business 12 months until they close altogether. I urge everyone to stay away from this company for your sakes and for the customers.
Pros
Are you kidding me?
Cons
Everything!
Progressive,fun and secure
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 March 2019
Day began at 9 team were very warm and welcoming, within a short period i was taught a lot about the supply chain process.
Management were always present and supportive.
The workplace was fun, vibrant but also very professional.
Pros
free tea & Coffee
Cons
1 in 3 saturdays
Terrible workplace environment.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  North East24 February 2019
Terrible company to work for.
Worked here for 5 years and felt like a prison sentence.
Witnessed bullying tactics by management on staff and customers with the attitude to this dont get caught.
Sales staff have difficult targets and are managed if you fail to hit them inluding the selling of the ridiculous optional service cover which can be up to another £10.00 a week on top of the weekly payment.
Managed out is the term they use when forcing staff out.
Account advisors also threatened with their jobs if they cannot reduce the stores debt.
Advisors advisors pretty much have hands tied as they mostly have to do this via telephone.
If you dont mind working under extreme pressure with the threat of disciplinarys hanging over you and very rarely working your exact hours but always over then it may be ok for you.

Example of sales advisors weekly Targets pending store and based on full time at 39 hrs.

Total sign ups 30.
New customers 10.
Add ons to customer accounts 20.
Target for osc( optionap service cover) 100%
DLC=damage liability cover 100%

Bare in mind you need tp spend at least 1 and a half hours with each new customer to go through agreement terms and conditions and then take first payment and arrange delivery.
Each add on with a customer will take around 30 mins.
And remember other duties in your week will be targeted telesales, phoning customers who are due a payment this is done daily.
Dealing with stock, merchandising, answering calls and arranging service calls.
Cleaning and tidying store and preparing stock for delivery all whilst trying to achieve
  more... targets.
No commision you have to get onto a sales leaderboard against other advisors across the region.
Pros
Lunch, going home eventually
Cons
Long hours, evening shifts, pretty much most things
Worrying and Unsettling
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2018
Since starting the job, the company was portrayed negatively by staff who were already working there. The company has a chilling unstable weakness of where customers can rent an item and go in arrears then after 13 weeks, the customers debt with BrightHouse is left. Sure it's bad for credit ratings, but the average customer can take an item and walk away without worry of debt collection.
New starters are not given fair and respectful treatment by staff. Management is just okay. Although Brighthouse is regulated by the FCA, though staff aren't following FCA guidelines. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Can be more stressful that enjoyable.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Bad management, Bad practices, risky
Do not work here
Advisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire3 October 2018
I worked here for few months and it was worst experience I’ve ever had in a workplace. Not because of brighthouse as a company.. because the staff are unwelcoming and extremely rude.. do not work at this store Macclesfield..
Awful
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea30 September 2018
Please don’t work here I lasted 8 months and just got fed up of ripping poor people off as that’s all you do. The managers are useless I mean useless. Half of them don’t know what they are doing and when the customers kick off because they will trust me, your manager will be sat in the office drinking tea why you are being screamed at.

Unless you are a desperate person then please avoid if you don’t I just want to say I TOLD YOU
Pros
Nil
Cons
Managers, customers, working dinners, selling items that don’t work
Excellent place to work!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset16 August 2018
The reviews here dont reflect the company at all. *FOR THOSE INTERESTED BUT PUT OFF BY BAD REVIEWS* - Don’t just take my word for it - walk into the BrightHouse branch you are interested in applying for and let them be OPEN with you about why you should work there. You will be pleasantly surprised!

I originally worked for the company as a Customer Sales Advisor for little under a year in 2015 and ever since a Deputy Manager following a promotion in 2016.

I strongly believe in the BrightHouse proposition and values and I have seen customers from different walks of life use our company. Seeing the positive changes we can make to a customer’s life gives me great job satisfaction and I am grateful for the opportunity to provide this service everyday.

Work/Life balance - At 39 hour contracts, colleagues are given early finishes and late starts to fit - this is usually very flexible too! Also, BrightHouse doesn’t open on Sundays - this is always seen as ‘family day’ and the entire company takes time to themselves!

Salary/benefits - Very competitive. Decent staff discount on new products and option to spread the cost interest free over 12 months.

Job security/advancement - After some bad press, BrightHouse is moving onwards and upwards focusing on the customer experience. There is always progression opportunities into management it just won’t be handed to you on a silver platter. You need to want it and show your DM, SM and RM that you want it. You can be entered into a talent assessment day where you’re then given the role of deputy manager designate, store manager
  more... designate etc and have various training courses to help you learn!

Management - Managers at BrightHouse treat staff like people not slaves and that’s clear to see in any store! Most managers have become managers after starting as a CSA so there’s a great mutual understanding of what is required!

Job culture - BrightHouse promote anvery open culture and national networking with ALL staff. There is lots of activity on private social media with colleagues having fun a work, sharing best practice, helping eachother from all over the country. In store you are always encouraged to do your very best and lifted when you are low.
Pros
Excellent work environment, excellent pay, feel good work, real progression opportunities, no Sunday working, staff perks, great CEO and head office staff, National networking, recognition from high, Nationalreward schemes for living values
Cons
Saturday working but hey, this is retail!
Been here 3 years and still loving it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Retail14 August 2018
Great place to work! Great atmosphere!

I have worked as management in various retail business but have never found a place I have enjoyed working as much.
Pros
Brilliant values, employee focused, fun atmosphere, Sunday closing, great work life balance
Do not apply
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset6 August 2018
When you go for your interview they make out it’s the best job you’ll ever have. Avoid this placement of Work especially Bridgwater store management is awful and have no clue how to treat their staff
Pros
Cons
High targets and no management help
Position was mis-sold
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe1 August 2018
If you have a good manager and a good team in store it makes all the difference.
Too much pressure is put on management and then staff to meet unrealistic targets
Poor people lose out🛑
Scivvy (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff22 July 2018
They rob the most vulnerable people in society with a heartless manner!!! Staff moral is horrendous. No bonus. Treated like mugs. On an on an on. Moral is low, staff treated unfairly. Customer treated in correctly
Pros
Cons
poor moral, poor management, poor ethics.
Avoid
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Lancashire18 July 2018
Worst place to work, Management are useless and want you do do everything including their job. Constantly moaning at you for not getting tasks done even though they have given you more than one person can handle.
No appreciation when we have no staff and you’ve worked really hard to keep everything on track. For the amount of work that you do it isn’t worth £8.05 an hour. Customers are probably the worst as they talk to you with attitude and aggression.
Pros
Cons
No many to name
Shocking place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London12 July 2018
Managers are wet flannels with no balls they can’t speak face to face with staff they have to go to head office with any small issue they might have. They over work everyone but do nothing themselves to help, just stand and watch. Would be a good job but managers are ruining it all..(west drayton ldc) don’t go there it’s easier to do 5 years in prison than 5 years at brighthouse.

Impossible to get overtime as they balance out hours so you need to get over 200hr to get overtime..
Pros
Full hour break
Cons
No one takes the break yet you still get hours taken off..
Avoid at all costs
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Midlands23 June 2018
Worst company you could ever work for. I was an accounts advisor who had to chase the customers who had not paid their bill. You were spoken to like you were stupid by management and given unrealistic targets. Especially when the contracts and the law rule in favour of the customer!! You do NOT need to pay Brighthouse and there is NOTHING they can do about it. The managers will shout and scream at the staff yet we have absolutely NO power to take the goods back off the customers. The prices they charge people who have nowhere else to go is DISGUSTING and I felt embarrassed trying to enforce them. The place is a shambles. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Far too many to list
Place is a shambles
Delivery Driver/ installer (Former Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire18 June 2018
I worked as a delivery driver for 3 years. They give you too much work for the day and dont really care about their employees. Would go as far as saying this is the worst job i have ever had in my life. AVOID!
Horrendous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belle Vale31 May 2018
If your face don’t fit or your not giving the regional manager one you’ve got no chance. Nasty horrible people that are only interested in hitting their own personal targets whilst ripping people off. Disgraceful business can’t believe I actually worked there for a while.
Pros
Cons
management are dogs
Do not go there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire14 May 2018
driver (Former Employee) – Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire – 7 May 2018
worse company to work for long hours up to 20 hr and break all CPC rules please avoid at all costs you have to eat on the move as you wont get your jobs done you will get dumped on from great hight from the managers and must work bank holiday and do up 15 jobs and take damaged items in to customers house and you can't not ask HR help as you will lost job
Pros
Cons
Long hours with on breaks