Brighthouse Careers

Brighthouse Careers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Do not work here
Awful place to work, pushy beyond belief on making sales and awful structure to the company. Just taking advantage of disadvantaged people. Management don't treat you with respect and the targets are stupidly high.
Awful place to work
One of the worst jobs Iv ever had, I would not recommend rubbish pay not appreciated over time but not paid for it
Over worked manger was lazy and a we was always short staffed
Will stress you out to point of no return .
Do not work here you will get so stressed out you have no point of return .
I was promised so many things then when it’s meant to happen they scrap the program . Made to run debt in 4 stores for 1 CAA salary then they still target you to hit targets which are completely unrealistic.

If you want a job that will stress and destroy you then apply but I’d advise against it and find alternative employment
A company to ruin you as a person
The worst company i have ever worked for. Poor management by all staff... no one cares about the people in the shops or working out collecting debt .. as the regional manager said "a CAA (Customer accounts Advisor) is the least of my problems, i have emails to write" .. this was said after me doing many unpiad overtime.. travelling 4 hours a day to cover another store... only to be punished for my own debt being high.. while i was away covering 3 other stores because the staff were leaving the company... please... do not ever work for this company, the name Brighthouse is a false lie.. it should be called "WeSteal". So listen to these words carefuly, stay away from this company. It is full of 2 faced and ill behaved people.. the management only ****on the small people working in stores..
Pros
I crashed a van once and survived?
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Avoid at all cost
Management absolutely rubbish. Management talking down to you as this were nothing. Do not apply
Too much pressure to reach targets.

Not a good place too work

Only able to leave the store for your lunch if there’s 2. More to cover if not you have to stay in store ! Even though it’s supposed to be your lunch your time !
Pros
Cons
Rubbish company
Store manager
Absolutely great place to work.
Head down work hard and you will progress rapidly.

It’s not retail as you people think. It’s about helping people who others won’t when the need the essentials.
Pros
Great environment. Great culture
Cons
None. Stop your whining
One to avoid at all costs
A desperate company and a lost cause.

Store manager relies on new starters to handle customer complaints and Debt Management within 3 days of employment.

Bad tempered staff when asking questions.
Best job I’ve had
The job is amazing not only do they cater my rota around my children they are always on hand to help me if I’m stuck with anything my colleagues are now like family and I can assure you that no matter what you need they will help this job is amazing
Cons
Great way to advance in life
I’ve enjoyed working here and the training provided is transferable to any aspect of your life or future job ambitions! This job opens up a variety of new opportunities. such as; internal progression. I took on this job as a stepping stone to bigger things but a year and a half later I’m still here and have progressed within the company with a great deal of support in and outside of work!

Would recommend working here as the tools given to you can be invaluable!
Pros
If your looking to go into banking or other finance jobs, this is a great starting point
Terrible BULLY tactics management ruined the enjoyment.
I have worked for this company for very little time. Managers get moved around which happens but the one here has tipped our team over the edge.
I am scared for my job if I don’t hit targets tho I am new whereas the manager is quite happy joking with his customers or spending hours on the phone telling his colleagues in other stores how rubbish we all are. We get shouted at if we are not liked by him and belittled more then I hav ever known in a job.

Bright house have many values they claim to live by (and this can be seen on fb) but I would say higher management need to keep a better eye on how store managers are treating the staff. It is no wonder there are staff issues in our region I hear about.

I have heard rumours my manager will be leaving to another store so I’m waiting. Until then, I am looking for other jobs near Shirley on indeed again:(

I would recommend the company, but would not recommend my store on my worst enemy. I feel so worthless.

If hr read this please dont contact me. I want to leave on my own back not be forced out by a manager who does not like me because it might effect me getting a new role in the near future - but please do not let this happen to your new starters again - do not allow the wool to go over your eyes. Anyone can speak publicly and show how good they are with their team but how many good posts go up about this manager from the team?? None and what does that tell you? Only one man telling you how well he treats us?
Pros
Really good culture, friendly team, one of the best actual jobs I had.
Cons
Manager does not care, told “you better not whistleblow”, bullying not addressed, fear of complaining due to store managers well known status
Hreat place to work
Been with company for 12 years has its ups and downs like any other company but the people make it great. Manager is very supportive and encourages you to do well in ever aspect of your job. They invest time and money in you if you have the drive to progress onwards up the ladder. I am living proof.
#oneteam
Pros
Company van/home based
Cons
Never work crazy hours
Everyday is different- don’t believe the negativity
Working at Brighthouse in stores is not like normal retail- it’s a bit of sales, a bit of telesales, a bit of admin and a bit of merchandising. This makes everyday different and always something to do. The atmosphere is excellent and fun
The store teams are small and in most cases like families, everyone’s looks out for each other which is good

Most customers want things - the trick is ensuring it’s affordable and you have the right proofs, income, ID etc this sometimes can prove a challenge reviewing bank statements so a good eye for detail is needed

Working hours are 10-5 so your in from 9.30 until 5.30 with Sunday’s off, sometimes you will do until 7’one night a week to ring telesales but the manager will get you a pizza or something.

Pay is ok, could be better but you would say that in every job, the managers pay is excellent for size of store and number of staff.

Targets challenging but you don’t get the grief that you do in other places if you miss; as long as you are doing the right things to get the sales in.

Regional managers are good, recognise good performance and make you feel important, head office sometimes needs a bit more understanding of the challenges the stores face

All in all it gets a bad rep but it’s based on perception of the business from 15 years ago and the stereotype of the customer- on the dole. If you are looking for a challenge and prepared to work hard but have fun and laugh doing it this is the place for you
Pros
Nice hours 9.30 starts, 5pm finishes. Good managment
Cons
Poor computer systems and very tight processes
Love working here. Values are spot on! Training is great and the chance to advance is there for you if you want to. You are valued as a team member and it's great to see what the business is doing for its customers going forward.
Fun place to work
Been with the company a month and I love it. Have already been noticed for my hard work and efforts, plenty of praise and progression routes. Money isn't bad either. You get to finish at 5pm most days which is amazing if you have a family. Closed on sundays too which is a bonus. If you want a place to work that has many progression routes and allows you to be yourself then brighthouse is definitely the place to be.
Pros
Banter, good pay, benefits and work life balance.
Cons
Having worked for several other large retail companies and being treated like dirt, starting at Brighthouse has made me really enjoy work again. Yes it's hard work, but it's also rewarding. The new C.E.O is doing great things and this is helping the company evolve! I feel respected, valued and cared for. Go apply!!!
Pros
Great atmosphere and fun, friendly environment to work
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Rewarding to be part of community
I have worked here, managing several different branches since 2011. Job can be demanding but that's better than boring. Great to be part of and have a positive impact on the local community.
Working hours are good for retail... (Closed on Sundays). Trusted to get on with what's needed and not micro managed by line manager.
Pros
Closed Sundays
Amazing place to work
I have been working for this company for two months now. I have found every single minute of it fun. The managers are supportive and the overall vibe of the company is fantastic.

The training was intensive and I am continuously receiving support and training off my colleagues. We take part in fun days and activities which helps boost the shop morale.
Pros
Good management, good salary, fun work environment.
FunRespectfulOpenBrilliantOneTeam
8 Years in.

I started as a 20 hour Sales Advisor, moved into the role of Accounts Advisor and qualified for Management in a little over a year. All training and qualifications I gained were at the company’s expense. Absolutely loved my job as an Accounts Advisor and really felt processes the company had in place gave me the opportunity to really help people in difficult situations, and help I did. A few years later, when a position became available in my home store for Deputy Manager, I was offered first refusal. I reluctantly left my role as an Accounts Advisor but did so, making way for someone else. My replacement also received excellent training and support and I am proud to say he was a worthy successor. In my role as Deputy Manager, I was able to continue to learn, grow and gain new qualifications as well as share my experiences with others and begin life on the coaching side which Brighthouse has ALWAYS been big on in my own experience. Throughout my journey, I had multiple Managers which can be seen in a negative light, however, this was due to the progression Brighthouse encourages/supports/coaches/trains for FREE and the need for people to move on. Whether that’s for further promotions within the company at different locations or Brighthouse moving these employees to stores closer to their homes to reduce their commutes! Looking after its employees!

Of course there will be KPIs but due to some people’s attitudes, Brighthouse recently took the decision to change our ‘Targets’ or ‘Goals’ to ‘Ambitions’.... Pretty much choosing our own contributions... Boring in
 - more...
Pros
Development Support. Free Internal and External Qualifications. Good Salaries. Good Values.
Cons
Having to work for a wage. Um, no... that’s normal! No cons!
Complete joke
Management are a bunch of muppets no support always pushing you to get better numbers and actually treat you like a number not a person and no level of inclusion with other members of staff and management don't care about customer welfare
Cons
Fun place to work with great benefits!!
Really enjoyed my time with BrightHouse as did everyone around me. Not sure where the negative reviews are from?? Maybe one or two disgruntled colleagues?

They do run strict policies and take a no nonsense approach to those that put the business at risk by breaking those policies so maybe that’s where?

See for yourself - don’t rely on faceless reviews on indeed!!!
Pros
Great pay, great work/life balance (despite what others say on here), management are undersntanding
Cons
Difficult policies to adhere to with the FCA
Caused breakdown
Do not work for these absolute savages. They all talk behind your back and I mean company wide. All the management are out for themselves and they're all sleeping with each other behind people's backs. I was promised the world but got nothing. You're the best one week the next you are rubbish. You have kids managing the place. They rattle their keys louder than ever to show off.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
I haven't got time