Brighthouse Careers Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Advisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire3 October 2018
I worked here for few months and it was worst experience I’ve ever had in a workplace. Not because of brighthouse as a company.. because the staff are unwelcoming and extremely rude.. do not work at this store Macclesfield..
Awful
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea30 September 2018
Please don’t work here I lasted 8 months and just got fed up of ripping poor people off as that’s all you do. The managers are useless I mean useless. Half of them don’t know what they are doing and when the customers kick off because they will trust me, your manager will be sat in the office drinking tea why you are being screamed at.

Unless you are a desperate person then please avoid if you don’t I just want to say I TOLD YOU
Pros
Nil
Cons
Managers, customers, working dinners, selling items that don’t work
Exploitation of (some) workers and Customers!
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Somerset7 September 2018
Often expected to work late not paid for and not appreciated!
Rules and regulations printed off every Tuesday and made to sign to say understood and comply but not given time to implement! Covering themselves if anything goes wrong you will be blamed.
Repairs very often not done and filthy 2nd hand smelly furniture sold. Repair department is a joke as is the ordering and delivery system.
Favoritism is rife often the hardest workers are left to get on with it while the managers flirt or chat having coffee with the ones they fancy or prefer (creeps).
Often Customers are ridiculed and laughed at behind their backs.
Pros
Home time (if you got to go on time!)
Cons
Expected to work late. Lots of heavy lifting. No first aiders. Lots more
Former employee
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland18 August 2018
I would think before you apply for this job as it may look easy on the outside but this job is actually very challenging Their is a lot to remember and you have to go away for training. The staff members there are very kind and understanding and patient. When signing customers up for a new product it can be very time consuming and frustrating as it can take up to 2 hours if they have no form of ID you will need to know basic math for this job but calculators are their to use. You have to read out a long agreement book which most customers don't even listen too so it makes you feel very awkward when you hear them sighing. Telesales are very annoying to do as most customers will say they are not interested or customers will straight up not answer.
Pros
Staff are kind and you get a discount on products
Cons
hours are not good and full time was never available
Excellent place to work!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset16 August 2018
The reviews here dont reflect the company at all. *FOR THOSE INTERESTED BUT PUT OFF BY BAD REVIEWS* - Don’t just take my word for it - walk into the BrightHouse branch you are interested in applying for and let them be OPEN with you about why you should work there. You will be pleasantly surprised!

I originally worked for the company as a Customer Sales Advisor for little under a year in 2015 and ever since a Deputy Manager following a promotion in 2016.

I strongly believe in the BrightHouse proposition and values and I have seen customers from different walks of life use our company. Seeing the positive changes we can make to a customer’s life gives me great job satisfaction and I am grateful for the opportunity to provide this service everyday.

Work/Life balance - At 39 hour contracts, colleagues are given early finishes and late starts to fit - this is usually very flexible too! Also, BrightHouse doesn’t open on Sundays - this is always seen as ‘family day’ and the entire company takes time to themselves!

Salary/benefits - Very competitive. Decent staff discount on new products and option to spread the cost interest free over 12 months.

Job security/advancement - After some bad press, BrightHouse is moving onwards and upwards focusing on the customer experience. There is always progression opportunities into management it just won’t be handed to you on a silver platter. You need to want it and show your DM, SM and RM that you want it. You can be entered into a talent assessment day where you’re then given the role of deputy manager designate, store manager
  more... designate etc and have various training courses to help you learn!

Management - Managers at BrightHouse treat staff like people not slaves and that’s clear to see in any store! Most managers have become managers after starting as a CSA so there’s a great mutual understanding of what is required!

Job culture - BrightHouse promote anvery open culture and national networking with ALL staff. There is lots of activity on private social media with colleagues having fun a work, sharing best practice, helping eachother from all over the country. In store you are always encouraged to do your very best and lifted when you are low.
Pros
Excellent work environment, excellent pay, feel good work, real progression opportunities, no Sunday working, staff perks, great CEO and head office staff, National networking, recognition from high, Nationalreward schemes for living values
Cons
Saturday working but hey, this is retail!
Been here 3 years and still loving it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Retail14 August 2018
Great place to work! Great atmosphere!

I have worked as management in various retail business but have never found a place I have enjoyed working as much.
Pros
Brilliant values, employee focused, fun atmosphere, Sunday closing, great work life balance
Do not apply
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset6 August 2018
When you go for your interview they make out it’s the best job you’ll ever have. Avoid this placement of Work especially Bridgwater store management is awful and have no clue how to treat their staff
Pros
Cons
High targets and no management help
Position was mis-sold
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe1 August 2018
If you have a good manager and a good team in store it makes all the difference.
Too much pressure is put on management and then staff to meet unrealistic targets
Poor people lose out🛑
Scivvy (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff22 July 2018
They rob the most vulnerable people in society with a heartless manner!!! Staff moral is horrendous. No bonus. Treated like mugs. On an on an on. Moral is low, staff treated unfairly. Customer treated in correctly
Pros
Cons
poor moral, poor management, poor ethics.
Avoid
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Lancashire18 July 2018
Worst place to work, Management are useless and want you do do everything including their job. Constantly moaning at you for not getting tasks done even though they have given you more than one person can handle.
No appreciation when we have no staff and you’ve worked really hard to keep everything on track. For the amount of work that you do it isn’t worth £8.05 an hour. Customers are probably the worst as they talk to you with attitude and aggression.
Pros
Cons
No many to name
Shocking place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London12 July 2018
Managers are wet flannels with no balls they can’t speak face to face with staff they have to go to head office with any small issue they might have. They over work everyone but do nothing themselves to help, just stand and watch. Would be a good job but managers are ruining it all..(west drayton ldc) don’t go there it’s easier to do 5 years in prison than 5 years at brighthouse.

Impossible to get overtime as they balance out hours so you need to get over 200hr to get overtime..
Pros
Full hour break
Cons
No one takes the break yet you still get hours taken off..
Avoid at all costs
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Midlands23 June 2018
Worst company you could ever work for. I was an accounts advisor who had to chase the customers who had not paid their bill. You were spoken to like you were stupid by management and given unrealistic targets. Especially when the contracts and the law rule in favour of the customer!! You do NOT need to pay Brighthouse and there is NOTHING they can do about it. The managers will shout and scream at the staff yet we have absolutely NO power to take the goods back off the customers. The prices they charge people who have nowhere else to go is DISGUSTING and I felt embarrassed trying to enforce them. The place is a shambles. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Far too many to list
Place is a shambles
Delivery Driver/ installer (Former Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire18 June 2018
I worked as a delivery driver for 3 years. They give you too much work for the day and dont really care about their employees. Would go as far as saying this is the worst job i have ever had in my life. AVOID!
Horrendous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belle Vale31 May 2018
If your face don’t fit or your not giving the regional manager one you’ve got no chance. Nasty horrible people that are only interested in hitting their own personal targets whilst ripping people off. Disgraceful business can’t believe I actually worked there for a while.
Pros
Cons
management are dogs
Do not go there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire14 May 2018
driver (Former Employee) – Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire – 7 May 2018
worse company to work for long hours up to 20 hr and break all CPC rules please avoid at all costs you have to eat on the move as you wont get your jobs done you will get dumped on from great hight from the managers and must work bank holiday and do up 15 jobs and take damaged items in to customers house and you can't not ask HR help as you will lost job
Pros
Cons
Long hours with on breaks
Stay away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Scotland and huntington13 May 2018
I worked in a few roles for this job over 6 years. What a god awful company to work for. Over worked, under paid. The chavs that work there are also a hoot.
If you want a job like this have a look at John Lewis instead. Night and day comparison.
Pros
A wage
Cons
Top to bottom rubbish
doesn’t matter how long you have worked there.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland10 May 2018
I have worked for brighthouse for over 5 years as a sales advisors. You get no commission, because apparently it promotes bad selling, but then where given targets and pushed and pushed to hit it, giving me over a thousand pounds a week to do, when the store needs to make 1300 pounds a week, but there’s 2 other sale advisor with targets of 500 each, when I new person came into the shop on a part time wage. Got paid the same as me, when I worked there for 5 years my targets higher, my responsibilities are so much higher. You have to phone the same people, for telesales over and over again, getting asked why you have only done 87% by regional manager and have to phone to explain why. Even though you are excepted to do sales, clean, file, phone lost customers, phone new customer, go round nearby companies to try and get employees to sign up. Undertaking bank statement checks. Getting a low wage. The pressure is unbelievable. It’s making me stressed and depressed. The pressure is way to much. Can’t take it anymore. You never get a dinner hour, sometimes you can’t go for a wee for ages because where under staffed.
driver
driver (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire7 May 2018
worse company to work for long hours please avoid at all costs you have to eat on the move as you wont get your jobs done you will get dumped on from great hight
Pros
workers
Just awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay, Conwy3 April 2018
It’s funny how a company who claims to be proud of their values can bully staff into overtime, conducting late night telesales and working through breaks unpaid. The communication and training is nothing short of p*** poor, forced to handle deliveries with no manual handling training and deal with the numerous customer complaints- unsurprisingly as their aim is to just to rip off the poor.
If you have any sense of pride and conscience, do not work for this place, they’ll tear you down for it. I can’t stress it enough.
Avoid this place.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire30 March 2018
They treat you like a slave and when you try and stick up for yourself they will bully you until you leave. No respect from managers. You will never get a lunch break, work extra hours and not get paid for them. You will never see these hours again.
Pros
Lovely customers