brighterkind

brighterkind Employee Reviews

United Kingdom149 reviews
All over the place. Competitive for no reason. Finger pointing and name shaming.
It's like working with a bullseye on your back where everyone doesn't adere 100% to the health care policies and procedures and still on the watch out for glass ceilings.
Enjoyable
I’ve been working for Brighterkind for over a year and I enjoy what I do, everyday is different and I have a supportive manager and colleagues around me. Always happy when I’m in work and I love and adore the residents I can for. This is what we do and why we work in this industry yes at times it can be stressful but with a supportive manager and senior team it makes the job easier.
Terrible
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked, days against night and nights against day, horrendous place for bullying the manger makes you feel uncomfortable he lives in the home, I feel sorry for the residents one off the main reason I left because off the residents and how they was treated, plus bullying every shift constantly being pulled in office because people slag you off behind your back, long standing members have there say and the newbies are treated like dirt
It’s supposed to be collaborative but a lot of egos in this company , didn’t want to listen to anyone from the top down bullying is rife . And no one listened when it’s reported
Job
JobWhen I was there management was very bad. Some of the staff was friendly some on them was very bad not helping you and they force you to overwork. I woul recomand to work there only in some circumstances. About pay is not very good compare with average in that zone.
Worked like a dog
Staff opinions dont matter. Your employer to do 1 job but end up covering around 3 jobs & not appreciated for it just expected to do more. By the end of a shift you feel like you have been hit by a bus. You aren't given the time per resident to do your job fully to the standard you should so you end up feeling awful emotionally as well.
stresssful, understaffed, restrictive, badly managed
always understaffed, being pulled off your own job to cover in other departments then put under stress because you haven't reached targets for your own job. Always expected to go 'the extra mile' with no recognition or thanks for this. upper management tells you that you work for the company not where you are based, so you are sent to work miles from home if they want you to, even though it has a huge impact on your quality of life and work balance. and mental health, they do not care. Regional manager shouts at you like you are a naughty child, very unprofessional. The activities are very prescriptive and restrict creativity in some ways as there are targets for certain activities that have to be met, they do not always reflect the needs and capabilities of the residents you are working with. You can be creative within the themes set but you have to maintain the 'hotel' look of the home so are unable to display a lot of what the residents produce in arts and crafts, its all hidden away for appearance's sake. The company wins awards for its culture and team building but it's easy to put a fantastic presentation together but on the floor, the teams are exhausted covering extra shifts to make up for lack of staff, morale is low, sickness is high and people are always leaving and yet there is a reluctance to employ agency workers to help out.
The positives are that the team I work with is amazing, we pull together and try our best to make lives brilliant for the residents.
Sorry place to work
I have worked for this company for over 4 years it never grew and moved forward to aspire to deliver quality care. Staff levels are at bare minimum and agency is refused by the senior management. How can you provide quality care on below staffing level. Sadly values are not respected and the company is only interested is budgets and profit. Re active company rather than proactively maintenance of the home results in often large costs almost la
Avoid
Generally look like they care but don't, cant find money to fix anything. The lift broke down and would not allow the repair, even when this placed people at risk. The entire company should be disbanded and all the senior managers blacklisted from working in care. They give care services a bed name.
Bad review
The staff had an attitude problem with new people starting at the care home.

Some of the carers all went on break at the same time leaving at least 1 person on the floor to do 26 patients, taking longer on there breaks then they should be
Not the best employer but not the worst
Home Run by the chef not the manager more of a dictatorship very clicky and unrealistic expectations, conveyorbelt care unpaid breaks but not allowed to leave site on break.
Bullies
Bullying and Harrassment Policy is a "how to" guide for senior managers. Appalling vile culture of malicious behaviour towards hard working people wanting the best for residents. Dont dare try and make a complaint. Dismissive disregard to complainant and circle of friends close ranks to applaud and protect in equal measure ensuring longevity of reign of terror.
A day at work .
This type of work is fast paced but very rewarding .Staff worked well as a team.Regular training given and a chance to progress further if you wish to do so.I would recommend working for this company I really enjoyed my time with brighterkind
Poor salary, always short staffed
Sadly all the profits are spent on bonuses for management, and staff pay is very low.
More interested in decorating the home than providing quality care.

As a carer, expected to work in the kitchen and cook meals, as so short staffed.

No time to provide quality service to residents, as too busy filling out forms.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, little pay, poor management
Dreadful company to work for
Brighterkind are the worst company I have ever worked for. Never got enough staff, there is a bullying culture. Manager is a liar and just fobs you off with lies and never sorts problems out, just has her favourites. The management falsify care plans, 3 carers to 39 residents when you say something it is ignored. The company don't care about residents the hierarchy only care about lining their own pockets.
I just love the decorations and the management its soo lovely
I recommend brighterkind to each and everyone who wish to start a career. Its a fanstatic place to start a bright carer . I love everything about that place
It's all false Smarm
My Experience was my worst Nightmare, The managers dress up in their Uniform, you could easily mistake them for air hostesses. Overkill on make up and eyelashes. No idea of how to handle time are just a few points
My experience with them wasn't good, So far I've not been unlucky enough to work for another company like this.

If you're Disabled, don't apply to work here, they won't accomodate your disabilities. Need I say more?
Great training opportunity’s
They provide you with an amazing amount of training but you usually have to travel a fair bit to do the training. The wages are in line with other care homes. My manager was very understanding and a decent human being. Can’t say about others but never heard anything bad. Overall a good company with downfalls like any other care group.
Really sad
This company has to be the worst out there to work for. Staff are not appreciated at all. Always short staffed not allowed agency. Managers and regional always get bonuses. They don’t care about residents as long as it looks nice. Regional and COO don’t give a monkeys about anyone but themselves. I wouldn’t bring a family member here or recommend it. I could go on but what’s the point they don’t listen. I’ve whistleblown and Cqc but nothing was done.
Positive environment
I work here for almost two years, Brighterkind values and philosophy are inspiring for a work environment. Plenty of training available, not always at your own home, so you may need to travel some distance for training.
Pros
Free lunch, coffee and tea
Cons
no interested in the people it cares for
management not interested in the care as long as the rooms are full
take people that the staff are not qualified to deal with how it's been going on so long have no idea
Pros
Cons
expected to work overtime if you dont you loo badif