brighterkind Employee Reviews

Nightmare!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fordcombe, Tunbridge Wells19 November 2017
Terrible place! Constantly understaffed. They do not book agency staff so you will have to cover shifts or work double, triple hard. Almost impossible to use all your annual leave. Many people are booking holidays 2 years forward! Employees (carers) squeezed like a lemons. Badly managed- never seen anything like this before. Place in the middle of nowhere but no staff transport provided. Salary - joke compare to other places. Work-life balance doesn't exist.
Pros
Free lunch
Not Good,bullying from management & hostile environment
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverurie, Aberdeenshire16 November 2017
Worked as domestic in the garioch care home,nice manager when I 1st started but she gave up wisely & had the sense to go!!
A few good members of care staff,most are so unhappy & basicly just resent anything to do with the company.Massive bullying from senior management,talking to employees in a terrible disrespectful manner is standard!
Home itself is a bit run down,care is very rushed,residents aren’t put 1st.Very much a money making business & profit comes before care I’m afraid
Pros
One or two nice team members
Cons
Management, hostile environment, poor care
Values their team and great oppourtunities for development
RGN (Current Employee) –  Scotland15 November 2017
brighterkind are a company that value their team and their opinions to make positive change throughout the business.
They live by their values making it a positive place to work for the team and to live for our residents.
There is a lot of development programs available for all levels of the team.
Face to face training is delivered in house and is much more effective than e-learning.
They are not a top heavy organization and the senior management are available and approachable.
Pros
oppourtunity for development
Cons
Any job in care is vocational as it takes hard work and dedication
Mediocrity at it best
Carer (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch12 November 2017
Moaning , underpaid stressed workers managed by ruthless mangers .
Great care ... for money ! You will be a number on an Excel sheet .
If you are after a job where you get your minimum wages , moan about your shifts , get little and tasteless foo, your coworker constantly gossip nastily about everyone and you have to perform magic fast and understaff JOIN the team !
Toxic environment to work .
Pros
Few good coworkers
Cons
You'll get sick
Be the change you wish to see in the world, i.e be the best carer you can be
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 November 2017
I have been at the same home for 6 years, I take full accountability for my work, as a long time member of the team I do all I can to set .a good example to new starts, I feel supported when I need from my managers and or colleagues, I am a supportive person, this give and take approach fosters really good team morale I work 3 over 7 so my work and life balance is ideal, we have excellent grades across all inspections by the care inspectorate.
If you are looking to apply to work in this sector, look up care inspectorate grades and reports for the particular home you are applying to.
You can never get on 100% with all your colleagues, it helps me to stay as cheerful and focused on my work when occasional shifts aren't as good as the good ones
Very friendly workplace
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset2 November 2017
I liked the workplace and the staff were helpful and friendly, however I got very tired as we were constantly short staffed and where we had to get jobs done before lunch, often we had 20 minutes rather than an hour
Pros
free meals, friendly staff
Cons
rushing around getting tired. minimum wage
Worst place to work for
Care (Former Employee) –  Reading30 October 2017
I worked here and the bullying from staff and hours were awful
Then they have not paid wages properly expecting you to work extra hours for nothing and still waiting for wages to be paid
Had to speak my lawyer to actually try get any money from them
They pay little wages always under staffed and pile more and more work on the poor staff that can't be handled while the managers and big bosses sit in offices and don't help
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Long hours under paid ( when or if you get paid ) bully's
Bullying culture
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire28 October 2017
Long term staff bully and intimidate new staff to the point where they end up in tears and leave. Make you feel unwelcome. Constantly talking about everyone and each other then be nice to thier face. Rude and disrespectful about residents. Very cliquey, a horrible environment to work in. The senior carer is the worst, grown woman heading up a group of young girls that bully the genuine and nice staff that have a real interest in being there. Management are aware and don't seem to do anything about it. Wouldn't go back and work there for double the pay.
Pros
Residents
Worst Company to work for
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth4 September 2017
Brighterkind must be the worst, ready to underpay staff to just save money.
That's all this company cares about: money.

Expect minimum wage.

A shame when the staff and workplace is awesome.

The Head Office is oblivious as to what happens in the actual homes.

Run away while you can.
Pros
Only pros: the staff
Fun work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire1 August 2017
I loved working for brighterkind, the staff were lovely and helpful, I only stopped working for them as I moved away and fell pregnant, I loved caring for other people and helping them with their daily tasks.
Cons
Nice little home. Shame about the company
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 July 2017
Lots of bullying by senior management. Expected to work long hours with little pay. I would not recommend this company . The residents and relatives are very understanding with the stress your under and supports you. Nice little home .
Pros
Some caring staff
Cons
Not respected by senior management
Poor leadership
Carer (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 July 2017
Very high turnover of staff, management does not listen to staff concerns, staff work extremely hard and are lovely but overworked and stressed out due to more and more demands from management, without more time to do the job properly, if something works well, new management come in and change it. I've never worked anywhere before where there is such a high turnover of staff and management do not even ask long serving staff why they are leaving or even try to keep them. I would not send a member of my family to any care home ran by brighterkind.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Expected to cover every shift going and mgmt does not listen.
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire27 June 2017
I have never in all my years of being a carer worked anywhere like the place I went, unfriendly miserable staff, inadequate training, didn't provide work trousers which wasn't stated then was spoken to like a piece of dirt on my first day for wearing jeans. Very unorganised everyone runs round saying their busy but no one is actually done by any work! And to be honest I feel sorry for the residents! I lasted a few days!

Such a shame as it's a very beautiful home with great potential.
Pros
Clean environment. Nice decor
Good company who care
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrogate31 May 2017
Good company who have a hotel standard but care.
Hard work but you're supported. Training every month. Managers are making changes. The home is having a refurb and looks amazing. As good of not better than most places to work in Harrogate
Pros
Good training and great colleagues
Cons
Some days are hard
A hotel not a home
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire17 May 2017
Doesnt sit well on your conscience working for brighterkind. Has a corporate feel and residents are only their to make a profit. Care staff work very hard but management and above are uncaring and only see the bottom line.
Pros
Residents and their familys
Cons
Management and above
Awful place to work
HCA (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 May 2017
Horrible place to work!
Poor management, lack of staff and training.
Care is not given at all, staff don't no what they are doing.
Lack of organisations
I wouldn't recommend anyone working there!
Pros
That I left the job
Cons
Always hours because the lack of staff
It's ok
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bebington, Merseyside2 May 2017
The staff in the brighterkind home I worked in was lovely but I've heard that the company itself if all wallpapers and decor and in terms of higher up within the corporate ladder that the comment is true, they can be massive bother if you are troubled with something but the specific home I worked in was great apart from the manager at the time I used to be employed there.
Awful place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenwick9 April 2017
I worked here for a while I was not made to feel welcome by staff, you had to check the Rota every day to see it was not changed and if it was they never asked they just did it and you were to go along with it even if you made plans. Residents were not treated fairly and staff were very lazy people asking to go to the toilet and being told not just now or in a minute sopeople could Finnish chatting. Badly run.
Horrible place to work.
Discusting place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 April 2017
I worked in Bamfield Lodge in Bristol and I must say the manager at the time was great, but now it's gone down ill! There is a lot of bulling and I would not recommend to anybody to work for this company ! Seniors or Regional Managers are bullies and nasty people !
big joke
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radlett, Hertfordshire20 March 2017
The worse place I have ever worked ,dirty and corrupt ....there is that guy that picking staff from and to station...he thinks he's a golden boy of the company...bully
Pros
cigarette break at any time you want
Cons
corrupt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at brighterkind. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9