brighterkind Employee Reviews

Nightmare worst health care company
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire9 October 2018
Have worked at home for 20 plus yrs seen many different owners this is the worst it has ever been bullying long hours no support from outside of home taken away our only bath in building disgraceful company only getting worst
Happy Home
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Femwick28 September 2018
Having worked in many care homes over the years, Hallhouse is my favourite. Friedndy staff team who are dedicated to their job. As for the management team, they demonstrate the five brighterkind values towards residents, families and the staff team. A very happy home.
Pros
Buffet nights for staff
Horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenwick27 September 2018
If you value a work life balance then this is definitely the wrong place to want to work. Constantly being phoned on days off to cover shifts. If you dont help out then its held against you. Also shifts are changed without even consulting you first.

Theres also no chance of progression as the management has employed alot of staff from her previous place of work and all the progression goes to them even though the positions havent been advertised for other members of staff to apply for.

A small percentage of the staff are nice and helpful but theres some who feel it in their power to belittle and intimidate you. Its also very uncomfortable when theres members of staff cavorting.

I really did enjoy assisiting the residents but didnt get to spend the time with them that i would have really liked.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The management
Friendly home with nice atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fenwick East Ayrshire25 September 2018
Since joining the workforce at Hallhouse care home I can genuinely say it is a lovely home to work in with a nice atmosphere.

I have found that the staff team work hard and are kind and considerate to the residents that they care for.

I have found the management team a delight to work under and have only ever witnessed unconditional positive regard when they are speaking to residents or discussing residents and their families.
Pros
Lovely atmosphere, hard working team
is not a good place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Frenchay24 September 2018
Short staff all time in every department, kitchen, domestics, HCA, Nurses, no Manager for longs periods,in a daily basi there are not Nurses and HCA, to cover the needs of the residents.
Poor and bad practice, really bad Seniors Carers and carers and massively bad attention to the residents. (Dirty rooms, untidy rooms,Residents with dirty clothes on, people waiting more than an hour to go the toilet, etc.).
Every time that I went to visit my relative, he was extremely dirty and his room untidy and dirty with food over the floor.
The only good thing in that place it was the Activities Coordinator, which was really caring with my father, and giving to him nice 1:1 session sensory activities and also has been cleaning many times his room, when we arrived to visit him, she was looking after him more than the carers, cleaning his room. She was the best in Begbrook for sure.
Pros
nothing to say
Cons
everything
Poor place to work
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen17 September 2018
Bad management. No one seems to be there when needed, can't answer questions or give you guidance needed just expect you to pick it up and get on with it.
Everyone in the building constantly complaining, staff, residents and even guests complaining.
Carers having to take on additional tasks
Can't even allow residents to be mobile and enjoy a day out

Staff don't last long if they don't like you, they will soon kick you out the door.
Pros
Free leftover lunch.
Cons
Management and priorities
Management bullying
Admin (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 September 2018
Since the new manager started back in July 2018 most of the long term staff employees have left, manager is not at all confidential and she will put her staff down and say how rubbish they are at there jobs in front of other staff! Always negative and poor staff morale! Always short staffed! No incentives and always staff feel pressured to pick up shifts! You can’t complain to higher up management about how unfairly you are being treated as they will not resolve the issue! And you will carrying on feeling bullied and pushed out of the home!
Pros
Met some good work colleagues friendly staff and lovely residents
Cons
Short staffed, manager is not confidential and will put you down in front of other team members
A great place to work
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeenshire4 September 2018
I have worked for this company for 3 years now and have to say from my experience they only want the best for staff and residents alike. In my particular home Garioch I love my job, I have no issues or concerns, I would recommend working there to anyone who asks. Yes it can be hard work like any other job that is done correctly and to the best of your ability, but you always have support from all departments, especially every division of the ,management team. All the staff are friendly and welcoming and will guide you if you are unsure. Working days can be flexible and there is over time available on request. being part of this team is great fun and as I have said would recommend to anyone
Pros
Great team
Good Support
Carer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeenshire4 September 2018
I really enjoy working with my colleagues and love our residents.
Things have recently really improved with the environment and it has made work much eaiser for the carers.
Management are approachable and take action on issues raised.
Some negative people have left and that has had a positive impact on everyone working on the floor so we can get on and do our jobs to the best of our abilitiy. It is hard work but if everyone pulls their weight and works together it is really rewarding.
The training is really good and you get given the chance to do additional training if you want.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
long shifts
Very few positives
Carer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeenshire24 August 2018
This company aims for a hotel standard while making you work short staff. You get zero extra for unsocial able hours while being pressured into doing extra shifts. If you raise a concern or voice an opinion they find a reason to get rid of you not long after. You're expected to pick up the slack of other departments while they camp out in the managers office. There is no confidentialy as everything is shared with those who are camped out in the office and it is also voiced that 'everyone is replaceable'. You are not a valued team member and you won't be spoken to unless it is a negative. Carers don't get treated as humans and get zero respect from any other department, communication is abysmal and you don't get time with your residents bease of issues mentioned earlier. You also don't get staff lunched you will get leftovers if there are any.
Pros
Made a couple great friends
Cons
Most things
Good home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenwick8 August 2018
I have worked at this home for just over a year and I can honestly say it’s the best job I’ve had so far. Great staff team delivering high standard of care, led by an excellent management team. It’s long hours and it is hard work but so rewarding.
Pros
Good atmosphere and good teamwork
lovely home
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenwick23 July 2018
We got a new manager in December 17 and wow what can I say things have certainly changed. This new manager is a real leader and is doing a great job. It is now a pleasure to work at Hallhouse, how things have changed.
I have worked here for a few years now but it was not a very nice place to work, I either got bullied or I got ignored and this was NOT the management team it was the select few who thought they ruled. Good new however they are now away yippee and it is a much nicer place now. I don't usually put anything on these sites but after reading all the lies I had no choice, but why not join our staff and see for yourself.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard work
Avoid if you do maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 July 2018
Shocking job poor money no equipment to do job management not good all to clicky very poor wages for what your expected to do most of training not relevant to job what so ever expected to where heavy work uniform in 90 degree heat no shorts which no one told me for 6 days until some jobs worth manageress from another home told me while they are allowed to where skirts sexist I think no tools paperwork not up to date avoid if you can
Pros
Frree lunch
Cons
Staff having to work too many hours and short staffed
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire8 July 2018
Staff over worked then just end up leaving , complaints not listen to or just brushed off.
Management are too set apart from the staff no leadership support from higher levels .
The homes are beautifully decorated but its like sticking a plaster over a crack .
I did enjoy working at the home but seeing staff leaving and being so understaffed in my own department and other departments gave me serious cause for concern for my own well being and that of others, so in the end choose to leave .
Pros
Free meals and training
Cons
Short staffed and no support
Working for the company for under 6 month good work culture, very inclusive style leadership very little hiratitical leadership very flat.
Regional Manager worked in NHS for 13 yesrd (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire1 July 2018
Aims to deliver quality care
Struggles with recruitment like most others in the industry. Is a young developing company. Excellent investment in activities to stimulate residents
Pros
It is easy to raise a concern
good place but many bad points
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 June 2018
Night staff dont get appreciated as much as day staff low pay for the job bullying not dealt with very well no meals on night shift tho stated that they were included
Pros
great environment
Cons
really poor pay
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Angusfield house aberdeen28 April 2018
I feel this is a great company to work for very positive and you do see higher management and regional managers are great support home manager is the best I have worked for great team work from all departments I feel like the company as a whole has helped me further my career I have worked here for 9 and a half yrs and don't plan leaving any time soon
Pros
Further training
glad to be gone
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 April 2018
Brighterkind don't care about its staff poor pay, bad management no support. Lazy workers allowed while hard workers just get frustrated .company only cares about filling beds quality of some of the rooms disgusting. Very high turnover of staff. No extra pay at weekends.
Pros
free parking
Cons
bad unprofessional managers. poor pay. unappreciated
Poor show
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton Aston court17 March 2018
Yer that’s right a poor show . poor wages poor work conditions poor management if you must work for this company be warned that they will want you to be able to do everything for a few quid a week
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything ey
Awful middle management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands1 March 2018
Great care home in Dudley but middle management that visit completely bring it down.
Emphasis too much on making it look pretty and spending thousands on team building nonsense that could go towards rewarding staff a little.
Pros
Great care staff and lovely residents.
Cons
Middle management are awful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at brighterkind. Our community is ready to answer.