brighterkind Employee Reviews

Poor show
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton Aston court17 March 2018
Yer that’s right a poor show . poor wages poor work conditions poor management if you must work for this company be warned that they will want you to be able to do everything for a few quid a week
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything ey
Awful middle management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands1 March 2018
Great care home in Dudley but middle management that visit completely bring it down.
Emphasis too much on making it look pretty and spending thousands on team building nonsense that could go towards rewarding staff a little.
Pros
Great care staff and lovely residents.
Cons
Middle management are awful.
Welcoming.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Worked as an activities assistant in the Home.
All staff friendly and welcoming towards new team members.
Good training scheme is in place.
Always somebody to talk to if you have any problems or need reassurance.
Staff put heart and soul into taking care of the residents needs.
In regards to previous reviews, I personally have never witnessed any type or form of racism or bullying. And if I did, I know that it would be dealt with in a professional manner and certainly not tolerated by any staff member.
Pros
Everybody welcoming
Cons
Coffee machine frequently empty.
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike29 January 2018
I’ve worked here for five years. Always had good relationships with both all staff and management. The home and company provide excellent training and advancement opportunities where possible. Management are understanding if ever staff are needing time off or shift swaps.
Pros
Teamwork. Understanding management.
Cons
Long hours.
Fantastic home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Everyone get's along, friendly welcoming staff. Everyone is willing to learn and help each other. Resdients are always laughing and smiling. Understanding and productive management. Good communication everyone knows what is expected of them at work. Regular training and all staff carry out the needs of each resident well. Overall just a great home to work in.
Pros
Teamwork, Management, Training
Great home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike29 January 2018
Brilliant home to work in, great relationship between staff and management. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Management are very understanding and try their best to accomodate to your needs. Regular training and ability to progress. Residents are at the heart of the home
Pros
Teamwork, management, training
Cons
Over inflated view of themselves
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire27 January 2018
The home has a large group of clicky staff and if you arent in, you will be bullied out, you will see that there is a lack of asian staff although it is in an asian community, this is due to the racisim of the clicky staff. The home is in need of updating.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Clicky staff
Bullying culture
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Midlands19 January 2018
This is not personal and i go on 5 years experience. Unfortunately great homes been pulled down by the current management with an underlying bullying culture.
No support from anywhere.
The emphasis entirely on image of the company & image of hierarchy.
Pros
Good uniforms
woest Company to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire16 January 2018
Management are bullies
Constantly understaffed
People who speak up are frowned upon
Work/life balance is awful
Lack of care
Breaks aren’t taken due to overworking
Staff constantly stressed
Pros
Friendships among staff
Absolutely awful
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire8 January 2018
Got fired for medical reason which they knew about as I had said in my interview. Never enough staff on shift, especially night shift! Nurses usually don’t help out with any of the care and many don’t even know how to do the basic things!
Pros
Some decent staff
Cons
Horrible management and long hours

Want to know more about brighterkind?

Ask a question
Positive atmosphere and friendly staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham5 January 2018
Staff were easy to get along with and made the working experience fantastic. The perfect job for gaining experience in the care field and helps staff obtain skills such as communication and teamwork
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fordcombe, Kent12 December 2017
I have worked here for nearly 2 years and really enjoy it. The staff all pull together as a team and are always there for each other. Management is excellent and I have been given lots of training to enhance my role. We are 9.9 rated on care home selection for surveys which have been completed and as this is our residents home we give the utmost attention to them. We are one big happy family, staff, residents and relatives.
Pros
Training
Cons
Worst place that you can work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 November 2017
Terrible place! Constantly understaffed. They do not book agency staff so you will have to cover shifts or work double, triple hard. Almost impossible to use all your annual leave. Many people are booking holidays 2 years forward! Employees (carers) squeezed like a lemons. Badly managed- never seen anything like this before. Place in the middle of nowhere but no staff transport provided. Salary - joke compare to other places. Work-life balance doesn't exist.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Everyting
Nightmare!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fordcombe, Tunbridge Wells19 November 2017
Pros
Free lunch
Not Good,bullying from management & hostile environment
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverurie, Aberdeenshire16 November 2017
Worked as domestic in the garioch care home,nice manager when I 1st started but she gave up wisely & had the sense to go!!
A few good members of care staff,most are so unhappy & basicly just resent anything to do with the company.Massive bullying from senior management,talking to employees in a terrible disrespectful manner is standard!
Home itself is a bit run down,care is very rushed,residents aren’t put 1st.Very much a money making business & profit comes before care I’m afraid
Pros
One or two nice team members
Cons
Management, hostile environment, poor care
Values their team and great oppourtunities for development
RGN (Current Employee) –  Scotland15 November 2017
brighterkind are a company that value their team and their opinions to make positive change throughout the business.
They live by their values making it a positive place to work for the team and to live for our residents.
There is a lot of development programs available for all levels of the team.
Face to face training is delivered in house and is much more effective than e-learning.
They are not a top heavy organization and the senior management are available and approachable.
Pros
oppourtunity for development
Cons
Any job in care is vocational as it takes hard work and dedication
Mediocrity at it best
Carer (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch12 November 2017
Moaning , underpaid stressed workers managed by ruthless mangers .
Great care ... for money ! You will be a number on an Excel sheet .
If you are after a job where you get your minimum wages , moan about your shifts , get little and tasteless foo, your coworker constantly gossip nastily about everyone and you have to perform magic fast and understaff JOIN the team !
Toxic environment to work .
Pros
Few good coworkers
Cons
You'll get sick
be careful
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 November 2017
i had worked for the company for 4 years 1st with four seasons then
Brighterkind. I was bullied ,manipulated and felt very unhappy in the end. The place I worked became very clicky and although management knew they were powerless to change things and turned a blind eye,until they left. Managers come and go so quick because of the workload , when they get good staff there is no support network apart from whistle-blowing and that dosent work. I tried so hard to enjoy my job but to no avail, Although reported bullying still continued.....
Be the change you wish to see in the world, i.e be the best carer you can be
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 November 2017
I have been at the same home for 6 years, I take full accountability for my work, as a long time member of the team I do all I can to set .a good example to new starts, I feel supported when I need from my managers and or colleagues, I am a supportive person, this give and take approach fosters really good team morale I work 3 over 7 so my work and life balance is ideal, we have excellent grades across all inspections by the care inspectorate.
If you are looking to apply to work in this sector, look up care inspectorate grades and reports for the particular home you are applying to.
You can never get on 100% with all your colleagues, it helps me to stay as cheerful and focused on my work when occasional shifts aren't as good as the good ones
Very friendly workplace
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset2 November 2017
I liked the workplace and the staff were helpful and friendly, however I got very tired as we were constantly short staffed and where we had to get jobs done before lunch, often we had 20 minutes rather than an hour
Pros
free meals, friendly staff
Cons
rushing around getting tired. minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at brighterkind. Our community is ready to answer.