brighterkind Employee Reviews

Poor leadership
Carer (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 July 2017
Very high turnover of staff, management does not listen to staff concerns, staff work extremely hard and are lovely but overworked and stressed out due to more and more demands from management, without more time to do the job properly, if something works well, new management come in and change it. I've never worked anywhere before where there is such a high turnover of staff and management do not even ask long serving staff why they are leaving or even try to keep them. I would not send a member of my family to any care home ran by brighterkind.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Expected to cover every shift going and mgmt does not listen.
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire27 June 2017
I have never in all my years of being a carer worked anywhere like the place I went, unfriendly miserable staff, inadequate training, didn't provide work trousers which wasn't stated then was spoken to like a piece of dirt on my first day for wearing jeans. Very unorganised everyone runs round saying their busy but no one is actually done by any work! And to be honest I feel sorry for the residents! I lasted a few days!

Such a shame as it's a very beautiful home with great potential.
Pros
Clean environment. Nice decor
A hotel not a home
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire17 May 2017
Doesnt sit well on your conscience working for brighterkind. Has a corporate feel and residents are only their to make a profit. Care staff work very hard but management and above are uncaring and only see the bottom line.
Pros
Residents and their familys
Cons
Management and above
Awful place to work
HCA (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 May 2017
Horrible place to work!
Poor management, lack of staff and training.
Care is not given at all, staff don't no what they are doing.
Lack of organisations
I wouldn't recommend anyone working there!
Pros
That I left the job
Cons
Always hours because the lack of staff
It's ok
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bebington, Merseyside2 May 2017
The staff in the brighterkind home I worked in was lovely but I've heard that the company itself if all wallpapers and decor and in terms of higher up within the corporate ladder that the comment is true, they can be massive bother if you are troubled with something but the specific home I worked in was great apart from the manager at the time I used to be employed there.
Awful place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenwick9 April 2017
I worked here for a while I was not made to feel welcome by staff, you had to check the Rota every day to see it was not changed and if it was they never asked they just did it and you were to go along with it even if you made plans. Residents were not treated fairly and staff were very lazy people asking to go to the toilet and being told not just now or in a minute sopeople could Finnish chatting. Badly run.
Horrible place to work.
Discusting place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 April 2017
I worked in Bamfield Lodge in Bristol and I must say the manager at the time was great, but now it's gone down ill! There is a lot of bulling and I would not recommend to anybody to work for this company ! Seniors or Regional Managers are bullies and nasty people !
big joke
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radlett, Hertfordshire20 March 2017
The worse place I have ever worked ,dirty and corrupt ....there is that guy that picking staff from and to station...he thinks he's a golden boy of the company...bully
Pros
cigarette break at any time you want
Cons
corrupt
good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 March 2017
loved working here, staff were amazing and the management even better . the training was amazing explained well and not t fast a pase . the most enjoyable part of my job was looking after my residents .
Pros
good management
Bad place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire12 March 2017
I worked on the residential side as a care assistant the unit manager was a lazy person barked orders to staff while she sat on her ase. Refused to answer bells or help staff residents. My rota was a nightmare always working short staff and residents got poor care because off this. Managers come and go no one stays.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Hours long
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire9 March 2017
A great company to work for, amazing support from my manager, regional (including support managers) happy, positive place to work. Cant find any fault with working for brighterkind. :-)
Pros
Too many to list
Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire13 February 2017
Was treated abolsultey disgustingly and felt the staff had no intention to make me feel welcome when coming into the team, Manger treated me absolutely awful and was always extremely rude on the phone to me. Would defiantly NOT recommend anyone to work here as overall i felt asif i was bullied and discriminated by most of the staff. Was always given different concerns with my work yet when i had asked for help and guidance with my work, nobody was interested, i was only given 1 shift to improve on numerous concerns and received no help from team leader, i find the staff on nights very sneaky and unprofessional.
Cons
Terrible management, bullied
Fun workplace
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire12 February 2017
I love working for brighterkind. I learn new things every day at work and get to meet new individuals with different needs and capabilities.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Long hours, sometimes understaffed
Very poorly run
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 January 2017
The care plans are worryingly out of date, the H&S files are missing, incomplete or just none existant. The MAR files are missing, incompleted and the reverse of them has never been completed. the training is very poor and many of the staff are unaware of the legal aspects of their jobs. I spoke to a few staff members to ask them about their knowledge of care and most of them couldnt answer some very basic questions. I will never work there again and never put a family member into the care of this company
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Working for such a poor company
Bad Management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire19 January 2017
I love the job I do but there are too many chiefs who actually don't understand what care is about. They talk about HOTEL STANDARDS they don't understand that it's the clients home. Many staff come and go as we don't work in a hotel we work in care.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management long shifts back biting
Excellent care home
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Boroughbridge5 January 2017
I loved every minute while doing my apprenticeship with brighterkind, the care home is amazing - all the staff and residents really make it a lovely place to both work and live, I would have stayed but I was on a low wage. It is honestly the best care home I have ever step foot in.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
Not a very positive place to work.
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT NVQ 2 AND HOME TRAINER. (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire3 January 2017
Worked in the branksome care home in buxton for just over eight years.. Sadley the manager passed away . Staff was very clicky and hard to form a working relation ship with.
Residents was very nice and I loved spending time with them.
Worked 12/13 hour shifts no support from managment above just staff falling out between there selfes.
Very unproffesional place.
Big shame as I really loved the place and worked up to being the home trainer..The staff was very jelous offering no support at all.
Pros
Got two 15 min breaks half an hour lunch in 13 hour shift
Cons
Long hours.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire6 December 2016
I love my job as a care assistant. The staff all work as a team and support each other. The training used to be done on computer but is now face to face and it's so much better, you actually feel as though you are learning things.
The manager is new but seems very supportive and listens to what people say.
Some staff take a lend with time off but I think the new manager will sort that out. Otherwise a great place to work.
Pros
Training.
Good company
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 November 2016
New company to the care sector, developing good ideas and a great employer to work for.
Values there staff and has good development opportunities.
not great
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire26 November 2016
Management not very good and seniors terrible, they would Slag members of the staff off and not treat the residents very good. Long hours and poor pay with not good benefits. Not very understanding if u have kids. Would NOT recommend working here. The only good thing was the training and residents
Pros
training
Cons
most of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at brighterkind. Our community is ready to answer.

brighterkind Reviews by Location