brighterkind Employee Reviews

Good home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenwick8 August 2018
I have worked at this home for just over a year and I can honestly say it’s the best job I’ve had so far. Great staff team delivering high standard of care, led by an excellent management team. It’s long hours and it is hard work but so rewarding.
Pros
Good atmosphere and good teamwork
lovely home
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenwick23 July 2018
We got a new manager in December 17 and wow what can I say things have certainly changed. This new manager is a real leader and is doing a great job. It is now a pleasure to work at Hallhouse, how things have changed.
I have worked here for a few years now but it was not a very nice place to work, I either got bullied or I got ignored and this was NOT the management team it was the select few who thought they ruled. Good new however they are now away yippee and it is a much nicer place now. I don't usually put anything on these sites but after reading all the lies I had no choice, but why not join our staff and see for yourself.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard work
Avoid if you do maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 July 2018
Shocking job poor money no equipment to do job management not good all to clicky very poor wages for what your expected to do most of training not relevant to job what so ever expected to where heavy work uniform in 90 degree heat no shorts which no one told me for 6 days until some jobs worth manageress from another home told me while they are allowed to where skirts sexist I think no tools paperwork not up to date avoid if you can
Pros
Frree lunch
Dangerous and Deviant Manager
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenwick19 July 2018
This is one of the worst jobs I've ever had since the new manager started in December 2017. The only way you stand a chance of keeping your job in this home is if your one of the managers spies and report everything back to her. Another way of surviving in this place is if your a timid person who is scared to answer the manager back as she clearly doesn't like anyone standing up for themselves. Your cards are definitely marked if you speak your mind to her.

As for all of the staff she brought with her from her previous place of work. All I can say is watch your back with each and everyone of them. There's a spy in every department.

The residents are a pleasure to assist but you're worked till you drop. Always having to work short staffed with little or no help from the staff nurses.
Pros
Cons
The Manager
Was a very good place until recent manager and nurse took over
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire18 July 2018
I enjoyed the years I worked here untill new manager came with her staff nurse a woman who was nice to your face but twisted behind your back and also not very good at her job! She manipulates other staff and both her and manager do all they can to get rid of anyone who will answer them back and stand up for themselves!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Bully management
Working for the company for under 6 month good work culture, very inclusive style leadership very little hiratitical leadership very flat.
Regional Manager worked in NHS for 13 yesrd (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire1 July 2018
Aims to deliver quality care
Struggles with recruitment like most others in the industry. Is a young developing company. Excellent investment in activities to stimulate residents
Pros
It is easy to raise a concern
good place but many bad points
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough8 June 2018
Night staff dont get appreciated as much as day staff low pay for the job bullying not dealt with very well no meals on night shift tho stated that they were included
Pros
great environment
Cons
really poor pay
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Angusfield house aberdeen28 April 2018
I feel this is a great company to work for very positive and you do see higher management and regional managers are great support home manager is the best I have worked for great team work from all departments I feel like the company as a whole has helped me further my career I have worked here for 9 and a half yrs and don't plan leaving any time soon
Pros
Further training
glad to be gone
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 April 2018
Brighterkind don't care about its staff poor pay, bad management no support. Lazy workers allowed while hard workers just get frustrated .company only cares about filling beds quality of some of the rooms disgusting. Very high turnover of staff. No extra pay at weekends.
Pros
free parking
Cons
bad unprofessional managers. poor pay. unappreciated
Poor show
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton Aston court17 March 2018
Yer that’s right a poor show . poor wages poor work conditions poor management if you must work for this company be warned that they will want you to be able to do everything for a few quid a week
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything ey
Awful middle management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands1 March 2018
Great care home in Dudley but middle management that visit completely bring it down.
Emphasis too much on making it look pretty and spending thousands on team building nonsense that could go towards rewarding staff a little.
Pros
Great care staff and lovely residents.
Cons
Middle management are awful.
Lovely care home
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike31 January 2018
I started as a carer at avery mews and progressed to a senior . There are great opportunities to advance in your career and great training . The staff are all hard working and supportive and management approachable and understanding .
Pros
Great staff and managent, the chance to progress in your career
Welcoming.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Worked as an activities assistant in the Home.
All staff friendly and welcoming towards new team members.
Good training scheme is in place.
Always somebody to talk to if you have any problems or need reassurance.
Staff put heart and soul into taking care of the residents needs.
In regards to previous reviews, I personally have never witnessed any type or form of racism or bullying. And if I did, I know that it would be dealt with in a professional manner and certainly not tolerated by any staff member.
Pros
Everybody welcoming
Cons
Coffee machine frequently empty.
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike29 January 2018
I’ve worked here for five years. Always had good relationships with both all staff and management. The home and company provide excellent training and advancement opportunities where possible. Management are understanding if ever staff are needing time off or shift swaps.
Pros
Teamwork. Understanding management.
Cons
Long hours.
Fantastic home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Everyone get's along, friendly welcoming staff. Everyone is willing to learn and help each other. Resdients are always laughing and smiling. Understanding and productive management. Good communication everyone knows what is expected of them at work. Regular training and all staff carry out the needs of each resident well. Overall just a great home to work in.
Pros
Teamwork, Management, Training
Great home to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike29 January 2018
Brilliant home to work in, great relationship between staff and management. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Management are very understanding and try their best to accomodate to your needs. Regular training and ability to progress. Residents are at the heart of the home
Pros
Teamwork, management, training
Cons
Over inflated view of themselves
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire27 January 2018
The home has a large group of clicky staff and if you arent in, you will be bullied out, you will see that there is a lack of asian staff although it is in an asian community, this is due to the racisim of the clicky staff. The home is in need of updating.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Clicky staff
Bullying culture
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Midlands19 January 2018
This is not personal and i go on 5 years experience. Unfortunately great homes been pulled down by the current management with an underlying bullying culture.
No support from anywhere.
The emphasis entirely on image of the company & image of hierarchy.
Pros
Good uniforms
woest Company to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire16 January 2018
Management are bullies