Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scotland8 September 2017
Good place to work other than there not being enough time in a day to sit down and do your paperwork about the children's observations and their next steps.
Awful
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2017
Not enough time given to the childrens' emotional/language development due to the lengthy paperwork most of which is not more important than the child's development and carer attention. Staff are mostly not let out on time, management is poor as they do not look at the behaviour or nature of the children in order to aid staff with sufficient resources and practical help - too much focus on the ratio. No shadowing period
Pros
Some lovely staff
Cons
Great step on the ladder lots of room for development
Nursery room leader and 3rd in charge (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London7 September 2017
I had a brilliant 7 years with the company in this time i went from nursery nurse to room leader to 3rd in charge.
I also had a child at the nursery and she got exceptional care and education.
excellent place to work
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kings Hill, Kent6 September 2017
i loved working for bright horizons its a brilliant place to work staff are amazing always so helpful brilliant management. a typical day at work is very busy there is always something to do.
culture
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire29 August 2017
Good employer, great benefits, and fantastic training opportunities for those looking to progress. Enjoyed my time here. Would like to return given the ooportunity
work situation
Nursery Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City22 August 2017
Unfortunately this company is not great and because I have to give a review I decline to give as according to law I can not give a bad review.

No Comment
Productive and great place to work.
Nursery Assistant (bank) (Former Employee) –  Oxford18 August 2017
Wonderful place to work and great skills to be learnt.

learned the basic principles of caring for children,

Learning patience and the importance of strong communication.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
understaffed
Lovely team and good company
Senior Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 August 2017
I was here for just under 8 years. Good company to work for, although the pay isn't great (but that's just childcare in general really) Management were fab, always room for progression.
Rubbish
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Heron quays28 July 2017
The worst place ever, you get no respect whatsoever. Staff members work so hard but as soon as they put their bottom down for two minutes management will be watching them on cctv camera like they're some sort of criminal. Management treat their bank staff so bad.. even though the nursery is running bcos of the bank staffs. Have worked there for a more than 2 years and there was not a day when they were fully staffed. They speak to their bank team with such disrespect then wonder why everyone leaves the place. Trust me save yourself from working there! And oh the pay is rubbish too considering the hours you have to work. And you hardly get out on time. Also the recpetionist behaves like she's part of management lol
Pros
Lovely children
A very rewarding job
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire5 July 2017
No day is ever the same. The routine and timetable remains the same but playing, teaching and caring for the children is so diverse.
A great place to work.
Some staff ok alot of staff are very clicky
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 July 2017
long days, poor staff! rate, always short of staff to cover cant get any !!!! very click company . treat agency bank staff poorly asked to have half hour lunches instead of hour . permanent staff treated better. shoudent be allowed . Bank staff made to feel out of place , cant be lefted till certain time uve been there, with children. made to feel uncomfortable in certain aspects, management haven't a clue on anything , training you never get. long time waiting on various courses having to constantly ask for things .if you worked there years your ok hahah
get worst place ever i have worked !
Pros
good hourley wage
Cons
long hours, not enough staff to cover day to day
Enjoyable work place
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2017
Enjoyable work place when working with the children and parents.
Chance to progress if you ask and push for it. Great head office working together with people who want to do courses
Bright horizons Greenwich
Nursery Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich24 June 2017
Awful place to work, undervalued not appreciated,, no consideration to your health. Children are moved around for ratios, never enough staff high turnover
Bright Horizons
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sale, UK9 June 2017
Working for Bright Horizons can have its good days and bad days, I feel that there is a lot of unnecessary paperwork that come with the job. Not enough strong staff, and a lot of pressure that come with the job.
A typical day is a busy day trying to fit as much as we can in by making sure that the children are well looked after and entertained to making sure paper work is all up to date as well as getting out of the class room to get things done for the class room with the little time we are given.
I find management are there for me but feel that I cant go to them about everything as it seems like there is always a lot going on with them.
I love my job but feel its time to move on, I love being greeted by the children and spending my day with them teaching them new skills and watching them grown from babies to young children. It is an enjoyable time for me to see them achieve in life.
Pros
Working alongside a team
Cons
Unnessary paperwork
fun and loving children
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central8 June 2017
Working around children can be very rewarding. Bright Horizons is warm and Inviting to any child and parent. Security and Confidentiality is very high
Great company to work for
Nursery Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 May 2017
I enjoyed working with BH which I why I worked for them on two separate occasions.

I believe there is definitely a passion for the children, staff were always praised along with staff incentives.
Pros
Staff incentives
Cons
other managers compete
rewarding and varied
Level 3 Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire28 May 2017
i have loved every second of working with the children, helping them develop and grow on a daily basis, my days are rewarding and varied and i have developed great relationships with the children and their parents.
Fun Workplace
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire22 May 2017
I worked here fora short time alongside university. All the staff were great, helpful and communicated well. I love working with children so I enjoyed it especially here.
Focused on making money
Room Leader (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2017
Lack of resources and stuff. More focused on how much money are the making than in childcare.

If you are interested in giving a good childcare just go to another company
Cons
No resources, no staff
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, UK18 May 2017
Company is good to work for. It is a big company and places all over the country.
My manager was lovely to work for, friendly, approach and caring. The staff are also great,all care about the development of the children and the learning they make.
Overall a good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location