Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Children definitely at the HEART of everything they do!
Deputy manager (Current Employee) –  Warsash12 April 2018
Although it is a huge company, the children are number one priority always! At my current setting staff are amazing! Friendly, welcoming and have fantastic parent staff relationships. Would definitely recommend!!
Pros
Free lunches, great rates of pay and company will invest in you if you have higher ambitions
A wonderful environment for both children and staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Haslemere, Surrey10 April 2018
Over a 12 year period I have progressed within Asquith and now more recently Bright Horizons, my management & senior management recognised my strengths and encouraged me to develop my own practice with training opportunities, they supported my weaknesses and helped me become the confident childcare practitioner I am today. Providing opportunity’s for progression at appropriate times. Every day is different, and super busy exciting!
Pros
Support, opportunities, job satisfaction & playing such an important part in every child’s life
Cons
The long hours, but you soon adapt :)
Best childcare job i've had
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
I absolutely love my job as a nursery assistant at bright horizons. I'm always provided ample opportunity to train and further my knowledge. I have an excellent salary and honestly love my team. I see many bad reviews on here and i'm shocked! I have the best management and we are intact over resourced and over staffed at my setting!! The parents are great and management are very supportive of all team members, regardless of position. I can see myself being here for a while!
Pros
Great salary, free food, lots of training
Unsupportive workplace
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham29 March 2018
Bad management, cliquey groups, management only support people they like, poor examples of leadership displayed from management. Never paid for overtime. Made to feel bad for having sick days. People still waiting to be trained after working there for 18 months.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Unsupportive environment and cliquey groups.
Horrible place to work
Nursery nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
Management are moody and unsupportive, honestly the worst company I have ever worked for. No motivation to work as there's never any positive feed back. They don't do any discounts like they say they do, there were barely any staff meetings. Not enough activities or resources for children. Never any outings allowed for children.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive team
awful
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire22 February 2018
this is a terrible place to work. i would never take my children there the staff are two faced and dont look after the chidren the way they should. the management only care about making money not the children.
Fun place to work - Staff members are polite.
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford11 February 2018
I have worked at this place for nearly 10 years. I have learned a lot in terms of organising activities and reporting feedback to parents.

The work life is excellent and I have really enjoyed my time there.

Just in need of a more challenging role within the education industry.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
not enough to stimulate my mind.
Only work for bright horizon if your desperate
Full-time bank staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2018
The ethos of bright horizon is all wrong. West London nursery was the worst place I've worked. Manager had serious issues and focused on destroying peoples lives than protecting children.
Staff were OK, but could also be two-faced but that was due to management.
Long hours, staff out of ratio with children. No room leaders or staff all left. Always used and did others jobs and paperwork. Very unhappy place to work.
Pros
Some nice staff, and lovely children
Cons
Dysfunctional and controlling management.
Management are rubbish
Deputy Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire4 February 2018
Management never check on staff and there are too many women in the establishment and its confrontational everywhere. I would recommend to parents to bring children there but would not recommend anyone to get a job there.
great
Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  london5 December 2017
Great place to work, amazing company. I would work for them again but they have no vacancies where I currently live. I am recommend them to anyone. :)
Good workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Barnet27 November 2017
A good place to work, I was just unlucky with management as seemed to not be able to work well with anyone, and as someone who didnt stand up to anyone at the time, I was used and abused a lot, in her process of proving herself in her new position. Other than this the company is a great one to be part of with many options to further your ability and skills with many training options available.
Children dont always come first
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central26 November 2017
Long hours and lots of overtime which is hard to take back cos of low staffing. Its a hard job and managers can sometimes be unsupportive as they never work in rooms. A lot of work is put on deputies and room leaders as managers spend days at company meetings that don't particularly make a difference to anything.
Working with the kids is great, but there's loads of unnecessary paperwork which does take time away from being with the kids.
Management can sometimes be corrupt and have "favourites" that get away with loads and dont get told off for not doing their work when others get behind with their major workloads and get pulled in straight away.
Best part is being with the kids which is what its all about. They make the day so much better.
The children dont always come before the business which is a real shame.
There is loads of training on offer that you can go on and book yourself and you can watch webinars to learn new things.
Overall not a bad place to work. But not the best.
Pros
Training, being with the children, some staff
Cons
Corrupt management and lazy staff
For a nursary it one of the best companies to work for.
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire9 November 2017
Good company to work for has the obvious down sides of long hours and not much flexability and its a stressful job at times.
but mangement will do all they can to help where they can.
not well paid but do have an discout website which is very good.
bright horizons family solutions
Nursery Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire25 October 2017
The structure and staffing is difficult, the management and team are not supportive and the volume of children in the setting needs a more experienced staff team
Pros
Cons
too many
a great company to work for
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Fleet Street London16 October 2017
I loved working as a bank staff. I mostly had the choice what days and hours to work. It is a great company with loads of opportunities all over the world.
Pros
free lunches
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge15 October 2017
Bright Horizons is a good place for work. I spend time playing with the children and observing them. I also create activities for the children to take part in. I have learnt all about the EYFS and how to use it. The company provided me with lots of different training to do.
Flexible
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  North London, Greater London13 October 2017
As a full time student, I am able to balance my student life with part time work.
The work culture is amiable in a sense that everyone feels welcomed and wanted.
Great Boss and work.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge12 October 2017
The boss was a very kind and understanding individual and she was the only reason i turned up to work at all most days.
the rest majority of the rest of the staff were kind too, the only downside was a lot of bullying and people not really understanding my mental health issues.
eventually after a few months of working there i had a mental breakdown and had to go on paid sick leave cause my condition had worsened so much, but i couldnt bring myself to go back so i had to leave.
its a lovely place to work if you dont suffer with anxiety or depression.
Pros
Amazing Boss, Rewarding Work.
Cons
Bullying
Productive and fun workplace
Early Years Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 October 2017
A typical day at work starts with breakfast at 7.30. After breakfast there are different kinds of activities, depending on our topic and extra curricular activities as Physical Educacion, children have free time to play and explore. At 11.30 lunches start. Alfter lunches activities and free time again. At 3.15 snack starts and after that until 6.00 pm free time again.
A nice environment to work in.
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 October 2017
Good team spirit and enjoyable watching children succeed. Quite a long working day although rewarding. Training and development takes place to keep your skills up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.