Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Overworked, underpaid, poor management
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Merseyside3 July 2018
Worked at a nursery for almost 3years, handed notice in at the end of April, worked 4weeks notice, have now left work for 6 weeks, still no P45,,or final pay, poor poor management
Pros
Kids
Such a horrible company
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2018
Avoid working for this awful company.. management are so up themselves they don’t care about you they care about their reputation!!! They are two faced and make u feel so low.. U do much yet u get paid so low they don’t respect ur time and effort.. before u join them they will make u feel so welcomed then they will roll u under the bus, Thank god I left this awful awful company!!!
Pros
Children
Cons
The whole company
dont like it dont care about staff
Room Leader and setting SENCO (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 June 2018
Is a place were they only look for the money and they dont really care about staffs emotions or well being is always looking for companies benefits and the stress levels are really high
Cons
stress high levels
Poor training
Management Accountant (Client) (Former Employee) –  Rushden9 May 2018
Although a great organisation to work for, the lack of training and the fact that there is very little if not out of date process notes.

Its a fast moving company, with very little time for supporting their employees and the high staff turn over represents this.
Amazing
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  edinburgh uk8 May 2018
great place to work staff and parents are lovely. great location nice to take the children on walks around the farm track. see the horses. local to bus stop. if it snows though the buses stop and you cant get home
Not a great company
Level 3 Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  England3 May 2018
I previously worked for bright horizons, the staff were not nice, managers didn't do anything about it. I have recently been to a couple of other bright horizons, again the staff are not nice, shouting across the room at the children, talking down at the children.

When I worked at bright horizons, the only enjoyable part was the working with children, and some of the staff actually being nice. That's it.
Pros
Children
Cons
Management, Staff
Very poor service
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
I worked in this company for a few weeks and can say very unsatisfied unsupported staff for children
Management is poor activities with children staff ate busy with other things than support Children with activities in very short time worked happened 2 accidents coused unsupported staff ..
Very poor service ..
I woudnt leave my child in one place like this..
Happy
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Haslemere, Surrey29 April 2018
Long hours not much of a home life. Need to respect there staff. And more training.

Would stay but feel there is no support from management.

Old management was great.
Pros
Caring
Cons
Children definitely at the HEART of everything they do!
Deputy manager (Current Employee) –  Warsash12 April 2018
Although it is a huge company, the children are number one priority always! At my current setting staff are amazing! Friendly, welcoming and have fantastic parent staff relationships. Would definitely recommend!!
Pros
Free lunches, great rates of pay and company will invest in you if you have higher ambitions
A wonderful environment for both children and staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Haslemere, Surrey10 April 2018
Over a 12 year period I have progressed within Asquith and now more recently Bright Horizons, my management & senior management recognised my strengths and encouraged me to develop my own practice with training opportunities, they supported my weaknesses and helped me become the confident childcare practitioner I am today. Providing opportunity’s for progression at appropriate times. Every day is different, and super busy exciting!
Pros
Support, opportunities, job satisfaction & playing such an important part in every child’s life
Cons
The long hours, but you soon adapt :)
Best childcare job i've had
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
I absolutely love my job as a nursery assistant at bright horizons. I'm always provided ample opportunity to train and further my knowledge. I have an excellent salary and honestly love my team. I see many bad reviews on here and i'm shocked! I have the best management and we are intact over resourced and over staffed at my setting!! The parents are great and management are very supportive of all team members, regardless of position. I can see myself being here for a while!
Pros
Great salary, free food, lots of training
Unsupportive workplace
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham29 March 2018
Bad management, cliquey groups, management only support people they like, poor examples of leadership displayed from management. Never paid for overtime. Made to feel bad for having sick days. People still waiting to be trained after working there for 18 months.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Unsupportive environment and cliquey groups.
Nursery Nurse
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Watford3 March 2018
Working with children, can be very fun, rewarding and a place, that not only children get to share fun learning new skills, yet staff are regularly sent on training events, where together, you learn so much.

Daily duties for working within a day nursery are, providing mealtimes for the babies and children. Offering them breakfast, snack, lunch and tea at set times that help prepare them for when they grow up, ready for a schooling environment.

We offer regular activities, opportunities where they may either learn within small groups, or one to one. As well as care for our children of our future, with their everyday needs, cleaning nappies, providing clean bedding for those who sleep, help wash their hands and face.

We also keep a person journey book, for each individual baby and child. Where we observe and write down their experiences, according to the EYFS
Horrible place to work
Nursery nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
Management are moody and unsupportive, honestly the worst company I have ever worked for. No motivation to work as there's never any positive feed back. They don't do any discounts like they say they do, there were barely any staff meetings. Not enough activities or resources for children. Never any outings allowed for children.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive team
awful
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire22 February 2018
this is a terrible place to work. i would never take my children there the staff are two faced and dont look after the chidren the way they should. the management only care about making money not the children.
Fun place to work - Staff members are polite.
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford11 February 2018
I have worked at this place for nearly 10 years. I have learned a lot in terms of organising activities and reporting feedback to parents.

The work life is excellent and I have really enjoyed my time there.

Just in need of a more challenging role within the education industry.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
not enough to stimulate my mind.
Only work for bright horizon if your desperate
Full-time bank staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2018
The ethos of bright horizon is all wrong. West London nursery was the worst place I've worked. Manager had serious issues and focused on destroying peoples lives than protecting children.
Staff were OK, but could also be two-faced but that was due to management.
Long hours, staff out of ratio with children. No room leaders or staff all left. Always used and did others jobs and paperwork. Very unhappy place to work.
Pros
Some nice staff, and lovely children
Cons
Dysfunctional and controlling management.
Management are rubbish
Deputy Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire4 February 2018
Management never check on staff and there are too many women in the establishment and its confrontational everywhere. I would recommend to parents to bring children there but would not recommend anyone to get a job there.
good but with issues
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
the nursery manager was great the second in command is a little had to work with but grows on you after time, the work load is normal for a nursery, i had issues with the staff clicks with grow and made the place feel like a warzone, most staff work hard i found it fun to work there but had workded there for over 8 years
Pros
nice parents for the most part
Cons
long hours and training days
great
Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  london5 December 2017
Great place to work, amazing company. I would work for them again but they have no vacancies where I currently live. I am recommend them to anyone. :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.