Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

great
Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  london5 December 2017
Great place to work, amazing company. I would work for them again but they have no vacancies where I currently live. I am recommend them to anyone. :)
Children dont always come first
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central26 November 2017
Long hours and lots of overtime which is hard to take back cos of low staffing. Its a hard job and managers can sometimes be unsupportive as they never work in rooms. A lot of work is put on deputies and room leaders as managers spend days at company meetings that don't particularly make a difference to anything.
Working with the kids is great, but there's loads of unnecessary paperwork which does take time away from being with the kids.
Management can sometimes be corrupt and have "favourites" that get away with loads and dont get told off for not doing their work when others get behind with their major workloads and get pulled in straight away.
Best part is being with the kids which is what its all about. They make the day so much better.
The children dont always come before the business which is a real shame.
There is loads of training on offer that you can go on and book yourself and you can watch webinars to learn new things.
Overall not a bad place to work. But not the best.
Pros
Training, being with the children, some staff
Cons
Corrupt management and lazy staff
For a nursary it one of the best companies to work for.
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire9 November 2017
Good company to work for has the obvious down sides of long hours and not much flexability and its a stressful job at times.
but mangement will do all they can to help where they can.
not well paid but do have an discout website which is very good.
bright horizons family solutions
Nursery Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire25 October 2017
The structure and staffing is difficult, the management and team are not supportive and the volume of children in the setting needs a more experienced staff team
Pros
Cons
too many
a great company to work for
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Fleet Street London16 October 2017
I loved working as a bank staff. I mostly had the choice what days and hours to work. It is a great company with loads of opportunities all over the world.
Pros
free lunches
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge15 October 2017
Bright Horizons is a good place for work. I spend time playing with the children and observing them. I also create activities for the children to take part in. I have learnt all about the EYFS and how to use it. The company provided me with lots of different training to do.
Flexible
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  North London, Greater London13 October 2017
As a full time student, I am able to balance my student life with part time work.
The work culture is amiable in a sense that everyone feels welcomed and wanted.
Great Boss and work.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge12 October 2017
The boss was a very kind and understanding individual and she was the only reason i turned up to work at all most days.
the rest majority of the rest of the staff were kind too, the only downside was a lot of bullying and people not really understanding my mental health issues.
eventually after a few months of working there i had a mental breakdown and had to go on paid sick leave cause my condition had worsened so much, but i couldnt bring myself to go back so i had to leave.
its a lovely place to work if you dont suffer with anxiety or depression.
Pros
Amazing Boss, Rewarding Work.
Cons
Bullying
Productive and fun workplace
Early Years Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 October 2017
A typical day at work starts with breakfast at 7.30. After breakfast there are different kinds of activities, depending on our topic and extra curricular activities as Physical Educacion, children have free time to play and explore. At 11.30 lunches start. Alfter lunches activities and free time again. At 3.15 snack starts and after that until 6.00 pm free time again.
A nice environment to work in.
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 October 2017
Good team spirit and enjoyable watching children succeed. Quite a long working day although rewarding. Training and development takes place to keep your skills up to date.
no comment
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London26 September 2017
The company has changed dramatically over the last year. There has been a recent restructuring and a large acquisition and this has impacted hugely on the tone and ethos of the company
Fun place to work
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raynes Park, Greater London23 September 2017
I have enjoyed working here but feel it might time for a change the staff are lovely and I will miss them .looking for a new challenge as a room leader .
Pros
Staff appreciation week
Cons
Can be a long day
Good company, children come first
Nusery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire14 September 2017
Started off as lunch time support and was put through nursery nurse training and promoted once completed. Children's welfare is the main outcome for this company, which is refreshing for some nursery groups, hours where long and job mentally draining but that is the same for any nursery. They have team building days, treats and gifts from disrict managers and head office and all work was appriated.
Pros
Work appreciated, children come first, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, salary not competitive
Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scotland8 September 2017
Good place to work other than there not being enough time in a day to sit down and do your paperwork about the children's observations and their next steps.
Awful
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2017
Not enough time given to the childrens' emotional/language development due to the lengthy paperwork most of which is not more important than the child's development and carer attention. Staff are mostly not let out on time, management is poor as they do not look at the behaviour or nature of the children in order to aid staff with sufficient resources and practical help - too much focus on the ratio. No shadowing period
Pros
Some lovely staff
Cons
Great step on the ladder lots of room for development
Nursery room leader and 3rd in charge (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London7 September 2017
I had a brilliant 7 years with the company in this time i went from nursery nurse to room leader to 3rd in charge.
I also had a child at the nursery and she got exceptional care and education.
excellent place to work
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kings Hill, Kent6 September 2017
i loved working for bright horizons its a brilliant place to work staff are amazing always so helpful brilliant management. a typical day at work is very busy there is always something to do.
culture
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire29 August 2017
Good employer, great benefits, and fantastic training opportunities for those looking to progress. Enjoyed my time here. Would like to return given the ooportunity
work situation
Nursery Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City22 August 2017
Unfortunately this company is not great and because I have to give a review I decline to give as according to law I can not give a bad review.

No Comment
Productive and great place to work.
Nursery Assistant (bank) (Former Employee) –  Oxford18 August 2017
Wonderful place to work and great skills to be learnt.

learned the basic principles of caring for children,

Learning patience and the importance of strong communication.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.