Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 176 reviews matching the search See all 1,731 reviews
Generally soul destroying
SENCO (Former Employee) –  Lee Green6 November 2018
Staff not appreciated, underpaid and overworked. Team the only thing that got me through. Constant compulsory overtime including long weekly staff meetings sometimes finishing at 9pm. Consistent incidents due to overworked staff, poor management and too many agency staff used. I had over 20 key children.
Pros
Team, children are lovely
Cons
Hours, pay, workload, resources
Could be such a wonderful place but is failing.
Temp (Former Employee) –  England31 October 2018
I have worked as a temp in a few of their nurseries and the feeling across the board is one of discontent. The staff seem very disgruntled and do not seem to get much support from managment. I have very often witnessed staff members in tears due to sheer exhaustion from being over worked. I have also noticed that staff on earlier shifts barely ever get to go home ontime.
Pros
I’m a temp so I can take it or leave it
Cons
Seeing the lovely girls in tears.
Nice place to work
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead14 October 2018
Every day is different can be quite challenging i love helping the ichildren. We have a good manager who listens which is important.it can be a difficult job but rewarding at the same time,we all help and support each other
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
The hours are long
Good company ethos with flexible working options, good employer
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 October 2018
I have worked for Bright Horizons for over 4 years, I have felt supported by managment, provided flexible working options aswell as childcare discounts which has been a big benefit to me, meaning I can maintain a good work/life balance. I believe the company has a good ethos and I have personally recommended others to work for the business based on my own experiences.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Parking at Head Office can be limited
Passionate and Rewarding
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire9 October 2018
I've worked with Bright Horizons for just over 2 years, and am still loving it. Every day is different, and the passion / pride for what we do shines through every nursery and department. The culture is great, being a hardworking and team focused Company, with lots of long serving colleagues and our Great Place to Work successes showcasing this.
Pros
Passionate, friendly, culture driven
If you want to progress and develop Bright Horizons is the one!
Recruitment Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesham, Buckinghamshire9 October 2018
Working at Bright Horizons has been brilliant for my professional development and progression. I enjoy coming into work each day and seeing my fellow colleagues who are my second family!
Although the going can get tough we work through it and the rewards make it worth while!
You're looked after at Bright Horizons and the ongoing support and benefits are a bonus.
Highly recommend!
Friendly and flexible workplace
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
I have worked for Bright Horizons for almost 4 years and stayed for a number of reasons. Personally for me the support I receive to work flexibly means I can enjoy a good work/life balance and not miss my little one growing up.

It's been a pleasure to work with colleagues and managers across the business who are both warm, friendly and supportive. This has really enabled me the opportunities to develop my career in an environment that makes coming to work really enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible working and friendly culture
Cons
Industry challenges
Great Oppurtunities to further your career
Safeguarding Consultant (Current Employee) –  Field Based8 October 2018
At Bright Horizons there is plenty of opportunities to further your career. They are many different avenues that you can take throughout your career. I have been given the opportunity to work as part of a great team, I am forever grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Childcare isnt for the faith hearted.
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Nursery work in general is hard and long hours. It is something you need to be passionate in to be happy. I believe that in all cases that the pay needs to be improved to match the efforts put in by staff.
Pros
children
Cons
hours and underappreciated
A great place to work!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire8 October 2018
Since joining Bright Horizons 6 years ago, I have been able to adapt my working pattern to support my changing family circumstances.

I have been supported in my professional development and my career has grown from being a temporary member of staff to now working in a management position.
Pros
Flexible working
long draining hours
Senior Nursery Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2018
Hours are are too long. Management are not great, too many different styles. Everyone looks very over worked. However good opportunity for career growth because it is large company.
Pros
location
Cons
Has to be the best place I have ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London5 October 2018
I have been in early years for the past 25+ years and Bright Horizons has to be the best place I have ever worked. Bright Horizons provides amazing training opportunities, promotions and work ethics! I personally had the most amazing welcome, a tight and thorough induction and there is a 'real' family feeling. The teams are friendly and supportive and without a doubt their passion to drive the nurseries forward is invaluable!
The best move I have ever made and so much excitement and opportunity!
I LOVE IT!
Pros
Free training, flexible working hours, free lunch, brilliant support network, inspirational leaders and overall great fun to work with
Cons
None!
Great, welcoming and supportive
Professional Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Field Based4 October 2018
I'm two months into a new role, having worked as a Primary Teacher for ten years and the support I have received has exceeded my expectation.

Leading training to new starters, meeting a range of hard-working and dedicated professionals whilst always having care for people's wellbeing has proved to me, what a good choice I have made.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to be creative and to be able to give your input too.
Pros
Wellbeing support, open/friendly employees.
Flexible and Supportive company
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Field Based4 October 2018
Bright Horizons provides full training, has great rewards schemes and benefits. Overall a great place to work for those people (like myself) looking for work that fits around my family needs
Pros
Continues progression
Welcoming, Warm, Progression
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire4 October 2018
I joined Bright Horizons as a graduate in August 2018 and I have been enjoying every day of my experience. Bright Horizons gave me the opportunity in a position I have done before, but in a whole new setting.

So far, my training has been excellent and the welcome from the team has made my time settling in enjoyable.

Going forward, there is plenty of progression and training with encouragement from management to do so.

From my last two months experience, I openly encourage applications to this company.
Pros
Welcoming Environment
Cons
Poor Parking at Both Support Offices
Leadership haven't got a clue
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire1 October 2018
Was a lovely company to work for years ago. Was about the children and now it is all about making a buck!

Culture is high pressure and back stabbing. Not sure who is running the company, the CEO just wanders around all day. All the good people have gone.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Terrible MD and HRD
Do not work here
Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2018
Awful company to work for - undervalued and no support. Expectation is for everyone to be accountable for everything they do and everyone around them. Low morale
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many to mention
Worst place ever!
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands27 September 2018
I got the job here as a room leader in July. It was the worst experience I've ever had. The management is a joke. The staff are snobby and maybe even a little racist. There was no support no guidance and no training provided. I was thrown into a messy horrible room, expected to "turn it around" all by myself. Its a dull environment to be in. There was no fun in the Job and the pressure was on! After being there for one month and having crazy anxiety I resigned and found something 1000x better. Honestly if you can avoid it, avoid it!
Pros
Free Gym membership
Underpaid stressful environment
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 September 2018
a job where your days are constantly stressful yet the pay never reflects how much effort you put into it .
the most enjoyable part is seeing the children you care for develop but the work place culture is very two faced. if management like you then you get what you want
Cons
long hours, little pay
A fun place to work
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London17 September 2018
Excellent promotional opportunities and training provided, a good all round childcare provider.
Lots of staff perks and discounts . A generally nice environment to work within.
Pros
Good training
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.