Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Very diverse work place, lovely friendly staff
Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Didsbury5 September 2018
Staff friendly
Little gossiping
good rate of pay
A lot of staff are from varied countries, Spain, Italy, Greece, England.

Lots of different religions and cultures, amazing atmosphere.
Hands Down The Best Place To Work
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rushden5 September 2018
Quite a bold statement but I feel its justified. I really do enjoy coming in to work everyday, we are a big office but everyone is so friendly and we always say "hi" to each other. I feel supported in my day to day job by my immediate line manager and I know if I had any worries or concerns that I can go to them and they would offer help and advice.

When I decided to take this role I remember reading about the Bright Horizons Mission and their HEART principles. I have to say I've read things like this before and cynically thought, great but how much do they really promote these. I can safely say we all live by them, I think this makes for a lovely work place and a feeling of belonging to something that is making a real difference to the children in our care.

Bright Horizons have continually given me the ability to better myself professionally by offering standard training and accredited courses. The Staff benefits keep growing and our rewards scheme is excellent, I've saved so much over the last 3 years by using it.
Great Working Environment
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rushden5 September 2018
I have been working for Bright Horizons in the Support Office for 8 months and loving every minute of it. They have a fantastic structure, and the management in unparalleled.
Pros
Benefits and Discounts
Favourite nurseries
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 September 2018
I've worked for Bright Horizons for three years, transferring from two different nurseries within the organisation.

I started off as an practitioner and then made my way up to a room leader.

I used to love working for this company, but have found over the last couple of years Bright Horizons have been more focused on growing the business, instead of its employees. I don't feel supported at all by my management team and I don't believe that they are being properly supported either!
Pros
Watching the children learn and develop
Cons
Long hours, low pay, lack of support
Poor management
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire24 August 2018
Management were clueless, rude and showed unfair favouritism. There was more paperwork to do then there was time so spending quality time with the children and helping them progress in their learning was minimal. Management had unrealistic targets and liked to put the blame on us poor nursery nurses for anything that went wrong. However, I do feel like some of these pressures came from above management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lots of paperwork and unimportant jobs
Unsupportive
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2018
Staff moral is very low, management isn’t consistent and staff aren’t reprimanded fully when needed to be. Very cliquey, certain staff only praised when suits. No time for planning and supporting children’s education and learning (The MAIN ROLE of the job) as constantly filling out paperwork.
Due to short staff, inconsistent agency staff disrupt the rooms and don’t seem to have understanding of the EYFS as some are high school teachers as an example so it’s an added pressure when in the room as they are not used to children of such a young age.
Very limited resources and when asking for more or for the basics to replenished this isn’t followed through, which then the blame is then passed around management in the setting and not being resolved.
Children aren’t the priority in some cases, although the setting is a safe environment for the children I feel it isn’t stimulating enough regarding their individual learning.
Pros
Great families
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive team and no recognition
Brilliant company, fun place to work!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire15 August 2018
The company invest a lot of time and effort into their staff which in turn reflects on performance delivered to the children and their families. I really enjoy working for this company & couldn't see myself anywhere else! Children and their families are treated individually with the upmost level of respect. What a brilliant company!!
Pros
Flexible working, good work life balance, good level of support, great company benefits, good level of pay!
Cons
Couldn’t name any!
Wonderful and caring people to work with.
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hinxton, Cambridgeshire14 August 2018
I have work with Bright Horizons for over seven years and have really enjoyed my time with them. It is a large company but the staff are looked after well, mainly by their managers and regional managers. There is many opportunities to progress within the company but the choice of training provider could by changed as they are a little slow.
Pros
great friendships made and opportunities to progress
Cons
Lots of paper work and long hours
Awful, unprofessional
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead10 August 2018
Random people employed as a result of the lack of staff. Rude and unprofessional management. Nursery packed with agency workers, unfamiliar with children and their needs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude co-workers and management, favouritism
Bright horizons
Room leader third in charge (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire10 August 2018
I have worked for bright horizons for a long time. I have been given opportunities to progress in my career. I started as unqualified then trained as a level 3 child care though the company. I have been given opportunities to streach and challenge myself in my career.
Don't work for this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
Staff are underpaid and made to work overtime unpaid. Settings constantly out of ratio . Management do not care about the staff and work them into the ground. No thanks for the hard work done. It's all about how much money can be made and not about the children. Avoid at all costs .
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management and pay
Todo depende de tus compañeros de trabajo
Nursery nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2018
He trabajado como auxiliar de escuela infantil. Es muy duro. Son 40 horas semanales que se pueden hacer interminables. Hay gente muy muy vaga y la gestión es muy muy pobre. Esto se debe a la falta de formación educativa y premios que se le da a los trabajadores. Las condiciones de las salas no son las adecuadas, acabas con dolor de espalda en el primer mes, te mandan hacer cualquier tipo de trabajo. El salario es muy bueno en comparación con el salario en España. No obstante, se debería de pagar más o exigir menos a los trabajadores en comparación con el salario en UK.
Lo único bueno es que si trabajas como bank staff, puedes tener flexibilidad para trabajar las horas necesarias, incluso irte 2 meses de vacaciones y volver a trabajar tanto como quieras. Obviamente no son pagadas.
Pros
Compañeros de trabajo de todo el mundo, flexibilidad para trabajar.
Cons
Salario, gestión, managers, bonus, falta de mat aerial educativo, demasiadas exigencias
Overworked, underpaid, poor management
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Merseyside3 July 2018
Worked at a nursery for almost 3years, handed notice in at the end of April, worked 4weeks notice, have now left work for 6 weeks, still no P45,,or final pay, poor poor management
Pros
Kids
Such a horrible company
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2018
Avoid working for this awful company.. management are so up themselves they don’t care about you they care about their reputation!!! They are two faced and make u feel so low.. U do much yet u get paid so low they don’t respect ur time and effort.. before u join them they will make u feel so welcomed then they will roll u under the bus, Thank god I left this awful awful company!!!
Pros
Children
Cons
The whole company
dont like it dont care about staff
Room Leader and setting SENCO (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 June 2018
Is a place were they only look for the money and they dont really care about staffs emotions or well being is always looking for companies benefits and the stress levels are really high
Cons
stress high levels
Fantastic nature of the job, but very corrupt management.
Nursery Nurse Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire27 May 2018
This job is an amazing gift, where you can actually make a difference to young children’s lives and watch them progress; however the company itself is more concerned about profits and ‘looking good’ on the outside, and doesn’t pay much attention to the childcare. I have had many disagreements with the nursery manager about the choices she decides to implement in a room she have never worked more then 2 full days in, due to the safety of the young children I care for. You are not taken into consideration if you are not a Nursery Nurse and are made to feel useless if you are not qualified. Despite being put on my Level 3 apprenticeship a few months after starting, I am now 2 years into the job and have just started the training. The job it fantastic, but the company is not.
Pros
The nature of the job
Cons
The company
Poor training
Management Accountant (Client) (Former Employee) –  Rushden9 May 2018
Although a great organisation to work for, the lack of training and the fact that there is very little if not out of date process notes.

Its a fast moving company, with very little time for supporting their employees and the high staff turn over represents this.
Amazing
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  edinburgh uk8 May 2018
great place to work staff and parents are lovely. great location nice to take the children on walks around the farm track. see the horses. local to bus stop. if it snows though the buses stop and you cant get home
Not a great company
Level 3 Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  England3 May 2018
I previously worked for bright horizons, the staff were not nice, managers didn't do anything about it. I have recently been to a couple of other bright horizons, again the staff are not nice, shouting across the room at the children, talking down at the children.

When I worked at bright horizons, the only enjoyable part was the working with children, and some of the staff actually being nice. That's it.
Pros
Children
Cons
Management, Staff
Very poor service
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
I worked in this company for a few weeks and can say very unsatisfied unsupported staff for children
Management is poor activities with children staff ate busy with other things than support Children with activities in very short time worked happened 2 accidents coused unsupported staff ..
Very poor service ..
I woudnt leave my child in one place like this..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.