Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 1,808 reviews
Terrible place to work would not recommend!
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2019
I have worked in about 6 different BH nurseries around London as Bank staff! The people who work are very low paid & not appreciated or rewarded for the work and hours they do. Paid min wage & doing long hours of course all the staff are miserable!
The sad side is how this rubs off when they are working with the children!
I noticed how staff always try and boss eachother around and are always trying to avoid work!
There was a very dreary atmosphere and was my worst work experince ever! I am so happy I left! I only worked two - three days per week but couldnt bare it!
Now working as a Nanny for a lovely family who aprreciates my hard work and pays me well with bonuses:)
Wont be sending my children to nusery after having seen what they are really like!
Dreadful
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 November 2018
So if you want to be over worked underpaid, not valued constantly made to feel useless by head office then look no further bright horizons is the place for you. If you don't maybe look elsewhere. Having been in childcare 10 years plus never have I worked in such a dire working environment. I had a fantastic manager and a lovely team of staff to work with but the expectations of the company where unrealistic and unfair. I entered childcare to help children develop and progress instead infelt like I was working to line the company's poclets.
Pros
Fab manager and team
Cons
Everything else
worse money worse company
Nursery Assistant (work experience) (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London29 November 2018
the worse company ever, no good money no good teaM WORK, CHILDREN MANY TIMES BEEN LEFT ALONE,management very poor,staff all the time sick manager included
Deputy nursery manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 November 2018
I have worked for the company for 2 years. I began as a room and have advanced to third in charge and to my current role as deputy manager.

The manager is very supportive and inspirational in her approach, i have worked in many settings but Bright Horizons is by far the best and i have done this for 21 years. Love my job long may it continue!!!!
Pros
Flexible working allowing me to complete my foundation degree and career progression
Difficult but rewarding job
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 November 2018
Flexible working given to attend university. Bonus schemes and discount portal. Staff appreciation gifts and awards ceremonies. Its a hard job but the rewards and the happy children and their families is worth it. I have worked here over 10 years and plan to work here much longer. Robust policies in place to support us as nursery nurses and training given at the companies expense.
Pros
Staff appreciation, Families, Progression
Cons
N/a
Fantastic company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester16 November 2018
I have worked for Bright Horizons for several years now, and having worked in many other settings in the sector including other large chains can honestly say I would not leave as they are the best company in the sector. Childcare is not an easy job, but Bright Horizons recognise this and puts support in place to make sure you can do your job properly. They also appreciate the hard work you put in, with discounts, flexibility, appreciation month, annual awards ceremony and recognition.
Pros
Support given, Appreciation, Awards ceremonies
Really is like a family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire14 November 2018
I joined Bright Horizons nearly two years ago now and absolutely love my job. There is a fantastic atmosphere and every single person I have met has been welcoming, politely, friendly and really helpful.

Bright Horizons is growing which has brought change within the business, however in turn it has brought lots of opportunity, progression and stability. I have been lucky enough to secure a promotion within my first six months and am getting involved in so much, preparing for my next step.

The key factors when joining Bright Horizons is the people, the children and it's ethos.
Pros
Discounts, benefits
Cons
Sick pay
Generally soul destroying
SENCO (Former Employee) –  Lee Green6 November 2018
Staff not appreciated, underpaid and overworked. Team the only thing that got me through. Constant compulsory overtime including long weekly staff meetings sometimes finishing at 9pm. Consistent incidents due to overworked staff, poor management and too many agency staff used. I had over 20 key children.
Pros
Team, children are lovely
Cons
Hours, pay, workload, resources
Company ok certain centres not
Room Leader Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire5 November 2018
Working for the company is good it just varies of what centre you are applying for as part of job role you can be sent to cover places what are obviously not up to the standards.
Pros
Working with children and helping them develop
Cons
Staff arguing nursery not ran properly
Could be such a wonderful place but is failing.
Temp (Former Employee) –  England31 October 2018
I have worked as a temp in a few of their nurseries and the feeling across the board is one of discontent. The staff seem very disgruntled and do not seem to get much support from managment. I have very often witnessed staff members in tears due to sheer exhaustion from being over worked. I have also noticed that staff on earlier shifts barely ever get to go home ontime.
Pros
I’m a temp so I can take it or leave it
Cons
Seeing the lovely girls in tears.
Nice place to work
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead14 October 2018
Every day is different can be quite challenging i love helping the ichildren. We have a good manager who listens which is important.it can be a difficult job but rewarding at the same time,we all help and support each other
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
The hours are long
Good company ethos with flexible working options, good employer
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire10 October 2018
I have worked for Bright Horizons for over 4 years, I have felt supported by managment, provided flexible working options aswell as childcare discounts which has been a big benefit to me, meaning I can maintain a good work/life balance. I believe the company has a good ethos and I have personally recommended others to work for the business based on my own experiences.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Parking at Head Office can be limited
Passionate and Rewarding
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire9 October 2018
I've worked with Bright Horizons for just over 2 years, and am still loving it. Every day is different, and the passion / pride for what we do shines through every nursery and department. The culture is great, being a hardworking and team focused Company, with lots of long serving colleagues and our Great Place to Work successes showcasing this.
Pros
Passionate, friendly, culture driven
If you want to progress and develop Bright Horizons is the one!
Recruitment Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesham, Buckinghamshire9 October 2018
Working at Bright Horizons has been brilliant for my professional development and progression. I enjoy coming into work each day and seeing my fellow colleagues who are my second family!
Although the going can get tough we work through it and the rewards make it worth while!
You're looked after at Bright Horizons and the ongoing support and benefits are a bonus.
Highly recommend!
Friendly and flexible workplace
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
I have worked for Bright Horizons for almost 4 years and stayed for a number of reasons. Personally for me the support I receive to work flexibly means I can enjoy a good work/life balance and not miss my little one growing up.

It's been a pleasure to work with colleagues and managers across the business who are both warm, friendly and supportive. This has really enabled me the opportunities to develop my career in an environment that makes coming to work really enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible working and friendly culture
Cons
Industry challenges
Great Oppurtunities to further your career
Safeguarding Consultant (Current Employee) –  Field Based8 October 2018
At Bright Horizons there is plenty of opportunities to further your career. They are many different avenues that you can take throughout your career. I have been given the opportunity to work as part of a great team, I am forever grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Childcare isnt for the faith hearted.
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Nursery work in general is hard and long hours. It is something you need to be passionate in to be happy. I believe that in all cases that the pay needs to be improved to match the efforts put in by staff.
Pros
children
Cons
hours and underappreciated
A great place to work!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire8 October 2018
Since joining Bright Horizons 6 years ago, I have been able to adapt my working pattern to support my changing family circumstances.

I have been supported in my professional development and my career has grown from being a temporary member of staff to now working in a management position.
Pros
Flexible working
long draining hours
Senior Nursery Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2018
Hours are are too long. Management are not great, too many different styles. Everyone looks very over worked. However good opportunity for career growth because it is large company.
Pros
location
Cons
Has to be the best place I have ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London5 October 2018
I have been in early years for the past 25+ years and Bright Horizons has to be the best place I have ever worked. Bright Horizons provides amazing training opportunities, promotions and work ethics! I personally had the most amazing welcome, a tight and thorough induction and there is a 'real' family feeling. The teams are friendly and supportive and without a doubt their passion to drive the nurseries forward is invaluable!
The best move I have ever made and so much excitement and opportunity!
I LOVE IT!
Pros
Free training, flexible working hours, free lunch, brilliant support network, inspirational leaders and overall great fun to work with
Cons
None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.