Bright Care

Bright Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Featured review
Bright Care selected this as a representative review
What a brilliant place to work!
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Brightcare so far. The interview process was lengthy compared to my previous experiences, but in a way so as to make sure you are completely on board and happy at each stage, and there was plenty of time to ask questions and get a good understanding of the business. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support - whether this be for training or for personal development. Management are also incredibly supportive, considerate and care about the wellbeing of their employees. I have also found them to really value everybody's input. Having never worked in care before, I definitely had some anxiety when it came to the job role itself, however the training provided was exceptional and gave me all the tools and information I needed to have confidence that this was something I could do. In addition to this, the company actively aims to aid people in personal and professional progression, if this is what they want. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
5 March 2020
Thank you so much for your review! We are truly delighted to read your feedback, especially as you are new to care. We strive for a 'dream team' environment where people across all areas of our business (recruitment, training, management, Bright Carers) work interdependently with one another to create the best experience for our staff, and the families that put their trust in us. We're so glad that this has been your experience. Thank you again for your feedback!
Great company to work for
I enjoyed working for Bright Care. This is an amazing team with great progression opportunities. If I was still leaving in UK, I would still be working there.
21 April 2020
Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you loved working at Bright Care, and best of luck with your new adventure!
Family friendly company
Bright Care from day 1 has felt like a friendly family focused business which am very happy to be a part of and excited to see what the future looks like.
13 March 2020
Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to read that you felt happy to be part of our family from the very beginning, and that you're looking forward to seeing what Bright Care can offer you in the future!
Exciting, forward thinking company to work for
A very supportive network of professionals to work with, all living and breathing the BrightCare values on a daily basis. There is always room for growth and learning within the Company and this is actively encouraged at all levels. I would not wish to work for another Company in this field as BrightCare delivers top quality Care at Home services in a way that I have not seen anywhere else in my 20 years in the field.
13 March 2020
Thank you very much for reviewing us. We take pride in hiring exceptional individuals that align with our six company values, and we encourage personal and professional growth at all levels. In fact, we love seeing our talented people thrive, so it's wonderful to read that you appreciate Bright Care's culture and wouldn't wish to work for any other companies in the care sector.
Not supported by management
More interested in making money,for the company,than properly training their staff, being sent you tube videos,instead of proper training.
Constantly wanting carer to do overtime,very short staffed,but the company keeps taking on clients.

Management turns a blind eye to bad moving & handling
5 March 2020
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care.

We apologise for how you have found your experience with Bright Care; this is absolutely not how we like our valued staff to feel. With regards to training, we believe your comment refers to catheter care. Please be assured that this topic is included not only in our five-day on-boarding training, but our Bright Care Academy continues to be on hand for all ongoing and mandatory training, and even for ad hoc one-on-one sessions if a member of staff feels unsure about something, or would like to upskill themselves. We are sorry if you feel this was not openly available to you.

Due to the nature of our business, our local branches may have exceptionally busy periods. During these periods, staff may be asked if they are willing to provide additional availability outwith their normal working pattern to provide consistent support to our clients. We apologise if you feel this was excessive during your employment with us.

Please be assured that we take pride in providing high standards of moving and handling in our practices, and take breaches of such standards seriously.

We would really like the opportunity to understand more about your experience at Bright Care so that we can continue to learn and be self aware; please email us at info@brightcare.co.uk.

We hope to hear back from you but if not, we wish you the best of luck for your future career!
A fantastic company to work for
Bright care really does care!

The training is excellent, the staff in the offices are all warm, friendly and professional. I really feel appreciated, valued and respected. Great communication and support when needed.
4 October 2019
Thank you so much for your review. We are really pleased to know that you feel well looked after, valued and respected. We strive to make sure that our Bright Carers feel appreciated and supported. Thank you for being part of the Bright Care family!

The Bright Care Team
Best company to work for
I love my job at Bright Care! It is a pleasure to come to work everyday, and the culture means that every day is interesting and challenging. I've never worked for a company before that lives fiercely by their values, and take the time to nurture and grow their employees. Great place to work!
Pros
Development
31 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care. We are thrilled to read your review and know that you enjoy coming to work! We love seeing people grow and develop in the workplace -- thank you for your contribution!

The Bright Care Team
Very thorough on education. Some very nice clients.
Rota supplied on a week to week basis.
Workdays are very different. Varied clients, varied needs / requirements.

Management are generally friendly & communicate well with staff.

Regular staff meetings / updates.

Possibly one of the most enjoyable jobs I've had but sadly offset with irregular hours.

Would probably suit those with a 2nd source of income or someone requiring vocational experience.
Pros
Helpful staff. Good clients.
Cons
Irregular hours. Long travel to clients.
23 May 2019
Thank you for leaving this review! We are happy to read that you enjoyed working at Bright Care. Due to the nature of the business and the changing needs of our clients, even when we try our best, it is not always possible to offer regular working patterns. We do understand this is not for everyone, and we’re continually trying to find solutions to make this better for our Bright Carers. We wish you all the best for your future career.

The Bright Care Team
The people make Bright Care...
....I enjoy coming to work each day because my colleagues are supportive, highly skilled, and passionate about what they do.

At Bright Care I have had opportunities to grow personally and professionally and am constantly challenged to be better and learn more.
Pros
Great culture
24 May 2019
Thank you for your review. It is great to know that people feel supported and surrounded by amazing colleagues. It is people that make a company culture, and this is why we hire those who share our values and are willing to grow and continually better themselves. Thank you for deciding to be part of our company!

Amazing job
I joined Bright Care not long ago and it is so far the company with the best culture I have worked for. Everyone is happy to work here because everyone feels valued and appreciated. I also like that there is transparency in everything they do. The colleagues are also very nice and collaborative and the management is well organised.
I am really happy to work here and I would definitely recommend it to anyone aiming to join the care sector.
Pros
Very good culture
27 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care. It is great to know that our culture is the best that you have experienced in a workplace. We put a lot of effort into meeting our employees’ needs, and we also try to understand the ways in which everyone can be positioned for their greatest contribution. Thank you for joining our team!

The Best Job I've Ever Had
I love working at Bright Care. I've been here a year now and can't rate it highly enough. The team around me are brilliant, and the culture is spot on.

The management team encourage us to bring the best of ourselves to the workplace. In 2018 Bright Care was named in the top ten places to work in Scotland by The Sunday Times, and I 100% know why!
Pros
The family-feel culture
17 May 2019
Hi,

Thank you very much for leaving this review!

We are extremely happy to know that you love working at Bright Care and that you you feel part of our culture, where everyone is all-in and positioned for their greatest contribution. We work hard every day to make our employees feel valued, and we will keep encouraging them to grow within the company.
Caring company with carer progression
I joined Bright Care last year and have found the entire company to be warm and welcoming. There is support on hand any time of day or night.
The training is three days and contains everything you ever need to know about life as a carer.

I would recommend Bright Care to my friends and family.
28 May 2019
Thank you for your review! We are glad to know that you feel Bright Care is warm and welcoming. Our job is to take care of people, and this starts from taking care of our employees. We’re happy to hear that our training equips you to feel confident in delivering high-quality care at Bright Care.

The Bright Care Team
A happy and healthy working environment!
At Bright Care I feel valued and supported. The management does care about their employees, and daily operations are set-up to make our job successful! If I encounter any issues or difficulties, I can talk openly about them with my Care Supervisor.
29 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing us! One of our goals is for our employees to feel they are valued and supported. Therefore, it is hugely rewarding to know that Bright Carers like you feel this way. It is also nice to read that you can speak openly to your supervisor. One of our values is to have honest conversations, as we want all staff to feel that they can speak freely with their managers. Thank you for your contribution at Bright Care!

Caring and supportive
Visiting clients at home, helping them stay independent. Supporting and assisting with personal care and domestic duties where needed. Management are very supportive of their staff and communication is second to none. A very rewarding job but can be very hard going at times, emotionally and physically.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours of work
30 May 2019
Thank you for your review. You have underlined a crucial aspect of what we do at Bright Care: helping seniors to remain independent in their homes. This is only possible thanks to the great job that you do as Bright Carers. We really appreciate what you do, and we understand that the job can be difficult and emotional at times. Therefore, our office staff are always there to help and listen to your concerns. Thank you for your contribution in making our clients’ lives better!

Amazing people
- Workplace culture is lovely and friendly;

- Everyone work as a team;

- I learned a lot with my colleagues, everyone very helpful;

- Monday to Friday, fair salary;

- If you want to progress the Managing Director will give you opportunities you just have work hard and work as a loyal member of the team ;) .
3 June 2019
Many thanks for leaving your feedback. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed our friendly culture. We value teamwork, and we believe that collaboration is crucial to having a healthy, productive and constructive working environment. We also like seeing people thrive and we encourage our employees to bring their best every day. Thank you for having been part of our company!

Brightcare
No day was the same, which added to the satisfaction. I learned respect for older people and how to deal with people of all ages and abilities. I was part of a great team
4 June 2019
Thank you for your nice review. It is certainly true that no day is the same at Bright Care! Thank you for having been part of our organisation!