Bridgend County Borough Council Employee Reviews

Productive busy Workplace
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgend25 August 2019
Covers a broad range of administration task ensuring that the correct procedures are followed

I particularly enjoy working in the finance aspect of the role.
Productive and challenging work within a happy atmosphere.
Special Needs Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend6 July 2019
Supporting disadvantaged children throughout schools. Those with ASD, processing delays, disabilities, visual and hearing impairments, attachment disorders, mental health problems. Great training and development opportunities. I have been sent on many courses including Team Teach and Behavioural training courses, specialist visual impairment training and Connect 12 visual computer and camera training. Have learnt and developed many strategies from working with disadvantaged children to provide inclusion and a holistic learning experience.

Patience, empathy and resilience are key factors for this job as it can sometimes be a repetitive struggle if working with the same difficult child, but the rewards are ten-fold when you see the difference you have made to that child and the achievements they have made through support.
Pros
Excellent training available
Cons
Can be challenging
Stressful work place
Family support worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgend28 June 2019
My role has changed and the families I now work with are highly complex and the role of a family support worker is now more dangerous due to the complexity of the families.
I am a family support worker not a social worker.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
High complex needs families
nice place to be
Relief Lunch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pencoed, Bridgend18 June 2019
just nice to go in and see all the children having fun with their friends. Hardest part is where you have to deal with an upset child. The enjoyable bit is where they chat to you and ask for help with their hair to tying up their laces and using their manners. Staff are fab.
Pros
during school hours
Review
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend10 June 2019
The flexible hours system is one of the best benefits in this employment, however no opportunity for paid overtime.
Management are good in terms of accepting annual leave, and are understanding if needing time off for doctors appointments etc.
Pay could be better, however as it is a civil service job it is public money so understand the lower wage compared to private companies.
The opportunity to further education/training is very good.
Time as seen lots of changes
Carer (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend15 March 2019
Worked for bcbc for 18yrs always loved my job working as a carer in the community very rewarding, but feel as the years have gone on lot as changed and not for the better regarding the dos and donts in workplace i feel the care side as gone out the window.also no support by management in many issues.
A warm, fun environment
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend21 January 2019
A lovely school but very challenging, with great children and some amazing parents.
The school as always been very supportive with a fantastic team of staff.
Pros
Enjoy working with the children and their families
Cons
Poor paye with the role and responsibilities you have.
challanging company
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mid Glamorgan12 November 2018
my job entailed providing care to adults with profound learning difficulties in a residential home. My job carries a lot of responsibility as I administer medication and also have financial responsibilities ( Petty cash, budgets, pocket money). I also have experience working within the various day centres around the county, again providing care and working with the community. This job has given me the opportunity to complete many courses, including manual handling, boots care of medication, which has deemed me competent to administer medication. I would consider myself to have the ability to use my initiative in order to deal with stressful or challenging situations.
Enjoyable but little opportunity to advance
Social Work Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bcbc12 August 2018
Lovely team at the time and good team spirit . Workloads can be very top heavy. Team manager was a huge support and inspiration . Salary and lack of opportunity to advance in the post forced aa change in job.
Pros
Team well led nice work environment
Cons
Large workloads low salary
Very rewarding job
Social Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgend7 August 2018
Very rewarding, helping vunerable adults with support in the community.. Promote independence, maintain service users dignity, administer medication daily, keep accurate daily recordings on each service user
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very challenging
Productive and great to work outdoors
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Bridgend7 May 2018
Productive and great to work outdoors, able to work unsupervised and the on/off job training is very good, your own ability is allowed on time to shine through
Pro-active place to work
Senior Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, UK25 April 2018
BCBC expect a high quality of work, but in return they actively support a work life balance and encourage on going training and development in order for an individual to progress within their career.
Pros
Training and development
Encouraging and Supportive Workplace
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend23 April 2018
Worked in a supportive team.
Work culture on times could be testing; sometimes the need for consistent change would affect the team
The team were always friendly, approachable and enthusiastic
Changes were always happening; had to have a flexible approach to work
Pros
Being part of a good team
Cons
Pressurised on times
Overall good place to work
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend12 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my job here however, I did have a few issues with the manager changing my rota without informing me, and having 3 children this often made life difficult. I also worked above my hours on a weekly basis to cover staff shortages and didn't really get any appreciation for it. As for the job itself. Very rewarding, and the residents always managed to make me smile, and leave work feeling as though i'd made a difference.
Low pay for sector, poor management
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend4 February 2018
Very poor pay compared to other councils, management is extremely poor, shift pattern is laughable, favouritism of staff is an understatement, would never work in this department again.
Pros
Cons
Moral and treatment
ok to get by for seasonal work
Ground Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bridgend14 January 2018
this was just a job to take me through the summer while i looked else where for a permanent job, they provide everything you need to complete your tasks for instance all personal protective equipment. all training and guidance is given.
good diversity
Residential Worker Safeguarding children team (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom2 January 2018
the job takes you to many different places and you get to meet lovely people the downside is you don't get enough notice to attend the different schools
Pros
can work when needed
Cons
not enough notice
Additional needs specialist
Discovery Days Play Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgend21 November 2017
Easter and Summer months of 2013 - Working on a one to one basis with children having physical, mental or medical disabilities, ensuring their welfare on a daily basis, organising and attending trips out with a group and ensuring that their learning and development through exploration and play.
Pros
Trips away
Cons
Demanding, no trianing offered
Lions lead by donkeys
Manual Handling Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 August 2017
very top heavy, upper management forceful in their ideas, the enjoyable part of my work was meeting people, the hard part was working with job's worth management
Pros
Pension
Cons
poor management
happy
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend14 July 2017
nice place to work office was lovely working environment we nice people were nice over all a nice place to work and flex time was good to have i enjoyed