Brewers Fayre Employee Reviews

Harbour Brewers, Carrickfergus.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carrickfergus18 November 2019
A busy, fast paced enviorment with not a lot of support from management, however during my time the team leaders were fantastic. Work place culture is hit and miss. The hardest part was always the busiest times, the most enjoyable part was the team I worked with and getting to know recurring customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours, no support from managment, continuously threated about job, no security.
Avoid
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Stafford9 November 2019
Clicky, childish, dirty pubs, advancement only available to the favourites, no standards, chef's use chicken fryer for onion rings and other vegetarian items.
fun workplace with the right balance of work
Front of house team member (Former Employee) –  Halifax30 October 2019
I recommend as a first job or a part time job. There is the possibility of moving up to a manager position however with a higher salary and increased workload.
Fast paced place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Paisley14 October 2019
Long hours and also work weekends regularly. Can be stressful but that is typical of a restaurant setting. A lot to take on when you start but you get the hang of it.
Fun place but overworked
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset9 October 2019
This was my first job, I was over worked, underpaid and did not enjoy my time there. The staff were lovely but management did not care about staff. Seems to have changed now when I go for meals.
No not at all
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough3 October 2019
Rubbish place to work . Will not recommended this place T all . Rude staff
FOH rude and restaurant manager rude and petty
Don’t ever work for the company
Pros
Nothing for free
Cons
Long hours for peanuts
Change of environment
Brewers fayre (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale1 October 2019
The people who worked in this place were great and the environment was very friendly. The management team were great with helping me settle in to my new job .
Team member (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire20 September 2019
Pleasant place to work with a great management team, sometimes challenging but support is always needed and decent benefits and pay for the job! Would highly recommend
fun
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire18 September 2019
a good place to work with a great bunch of people that will really make you feel at home. great customer service from all front of house staff and a great energy throughout the kitchen and floor.
I would not recommend!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol16 September 2019
•high turnover of staff (including managers) -which means no one knows what they are doing.
•under paid for the expected amount of work.
• they treated staff as disposable, therefore not a welcoming place to work.
•the labour was not fairly/evenly distributed.
•they
Fun, Friendly and high energy workplace
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Antrim6 September 2019
Aged 16, My role as a kitchen porter in Brewers Fayre was my first true job and was a great introduction for my younger self into the world of work. I learned many skills here which i have transferred into many aspects of my life such as working in a team, dealing with a high pressure situations, and engaging in a goal orientated environment.
I truly enjoyed my time at brewers fayre and always felt the collective effort of my team to hit our targets and deliver an exceptional service to our guests due to our pride and appreciation for the brand. I would recommend anyone with ambition in the hospitality industry who is looking for a challenge and the chance to progress to join brewers fayre and be part of a great restaurant chain.
Good Company
Waitress table service (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire30 August 2019
Theyre a good company to ork for and you do get a lot of benefits. Was myy first job so I learnt a lot there about being a waitress and taught me a lot of skills which I have taken to future jobs
Disgusting
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 August 2019
Management sit in there back side, watching you work... they are laughing. They can not appreciate your hard work... and the RM wht a joke he is . He had the sack from another restaurant and came here.
Absolutely Awful
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Farnborough5 August 2019
Absolutely awful company to work for , I would avoid at all cost if you value you sanity and your health , long hours no staff management that don’t give a s##t about staff more focused on bonus and profits . If you have a life don’t work for this company and there’s a certain one named after a tree , they run you into the ground get your pay wrong which happened to me so many times I had to get out of this company before my health and life disappeared.
Avoid cook house and pub!!!!!
Cook - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater4 August 2019
Worse company I have ever worked for! No security won’t accept a union or don’t hsve one.

worked for this company for 4 months which was brewers Fayer now swapped brands called cook house and pub they only changed it because of the awful reputation it’s changed nothing but the decoration!! I hardened my notice in with immediate affect.

We will start with the site manager he will literally sack people on the spot for minor things even if they are over their probation period! He talks to the staff like rubbish. he’s unapproachable! And of course he lives on site up stairs so if he’s had an argument with his wife he will take it out on the staff! He has no HR skills and I’ve never seen anything like it they way he deals with his policy’s and procedures. He scares some staff. I have put in a complaint to HR about all this in writing and now have to have a meeting.

He is taken on a new kitchen manager who is lazy! Can’t clean can’t train Ur told u will finish at half 22.30 on ur so called contest and u really dont if he’s on he won’t joint in with the cleaning so ur lucky to get out until about 11.45 he’s no good at training or communication what so ever both him and the site manager will tell staff off of have a word with them in front of all the staff their is no privacy at all and everyone knows each other’s business.

Problem is most people who work here it’s been there first job so they think it’s like where u would be treated in any other job and it really is not...! It’s terrible!

Also the new to be kitchen managers house is disgusting I’ve been told so
  more... if he can’t clean his own house why would he clean the kitchen. As he fully well doesn’t!

U never get paid the hours u do it’s minimum wage!

And all the starters are fried or microwaved like the mains! and small portion sizes too!
fun workplace
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering21 July 2019
i really enjoyed this job but it was very unsociable hours.got on really well with the staff i learnt alot at this job. i enjoyed making the different kinds of food.
negitive
Play Area Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton19 July 2019
i used to work here as a play area assistant and i got sacked because i couldn't compleat the online e learning and i suffer with dislexia and did ask my manger for help and was not given it i did give it a go but just found it to hard so i lost my job.
Also i went in after i lost my job to get some food and they said i was banned because i lost my job and i said okay and then felt
Also then my pay check come though they had taken £50 out my wadges and still not paid it back into my account
Pros
nothing to do
Cons
negative staff
Not good
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester15 July 2019
I worked as a kitchen porter at the Chadderton branch where they forced me, and other members of the team to work over their time. For example, we would not be paid after 10:30pm, but would have had to stay until 1am some nights if things weren't finished. I and others were pretty much not being paid for 2 and a half hours. I didn't feel that this was legal which left me feeling insulted so I left.
Do not work here
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn11 July 2019
The poor management team at this location are running this place into the ground! I was unfairly dismissed while other staff abused their close friendship with certain managers and got away with way worse!!
Pros
Collegues
Cons
Fun workplace if you have the right people on shift
Bar Staff/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Gloucester4 July 2019
management not great.
20 step ups to do the job for them.
No meals and short breaks for long shifts
Pay issues
One size fits all uniform (L)
Constantly cutting hours
Holidays hard to get approved
If you work floor it's not so bad you make more in tips than wages
If you work bar you will be on your own mostly 12 hour shifts with 30 mins break if your lucky.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brewers Fayre. Our community is ready to answer.