Brentwood Borough Council Employee Reviews

Enjoyed thoroughly
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Brentwood13 October 2019
I enjoyed my work placement here. I had learnt a lot about the environmental health department and I would definitely do another placement here if given the opportunity.
Shocking management in the grounds maintenance and refuse and parks department
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex6 July 2019
The management choose their friends and relatives over decent and hard working people!
If you go down the pub with them and buy them couple drinks your more likely to get a job!..
I worked their for about 2 and a half years on contract and got absolutely mugged off as they wanted a good friend to get the job instead! The people that work for parks and grounds are some of great nicest and funny people but the management just need sacking
Pros
People and early finish on friday
Appalling
Car Park Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood multi-storey car park14 November 2018
My experience with Brentwood council has been one of large disappointment. This does not reflect on the whole of the council, only the parking and cctv departments. Management is poor and are more than happy to blame you and make you responsible for things you hadn’t even heard of yet alone done. All in all I’d probably give them a 3/10
Pros
Double pay on sundays
Cons
Won’t let you work sunda
Nice area to work in.
Street care team member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood23 May 2016
Street care team member, bin man when required. Lots of working in the public eye. It was not a passion of mine but i always took pride in my work.
Pros
job security
Cons
boring
secure job
Council Tax And Housing Benefits Officer (Former Employee) –  Essex29 February 2016
been a while since I worked here, no parking which was a pain, pretty much the same work everyday but if that's what you like, that's fine
Stressfull and challenging
Benefit Officer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood1 August 2014
Housing benefit and council tax department is a busy and challenging environment, from what I learned a lot from my co workers.
Productive and interesting experience.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood1 July 2014
Day to day learning was always different with all kinds of queries and jobs to do. I learned how to work effectively and fast with each job I had done, I was able to have plenty of motivation as I was always learning something new, mainly as I worked with an over all of 3 offices. My co-workers were very supportive and were able to keep me up to date and give me jobs to keep me on my toes. I was able to work within the team and was always happy to get involved. The hardest part of the job was when I first started out my work experience before I got offered a 6 month contract as I didn't have any experience and had to take in as much information as possible. The most enjoyable part was being able to get involved in a position I have never done before and have such interesting new things to learn and to gain the experience and knowledge was the best.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Filing
Challenging and very busy
Benefit Officer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood2 February 2014
Whilst working at Brentwood Borough Council, I undertook a lot of in house training programmes as a team to improve our work load and accuracy. This wasn't just for our benefit but for the auditors to see we were being trained.

The management at Brentwood wasn't exactly spectacular, patronising and making employees feel belittled will be the only way to describe them, turn around of the department I was in was very quick as people would leave to find other employment.

The hardest part of the job was meeting the unreachable target set in place by new management, these targets were 100% unreachable even those that had been doing this kind of job for over twenty years.

I loved the people I worked with, the area and the flexi time.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Four year waiting list for car park